Rumors & Events of the Sword Coast, North...of Baldur's Gate

In-Character News, Laws, Announcements, Rumors, and Stories Relating to the Sword Coast

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Rain

Re: Rumors & Events of the Sword Coast, North...of Baldur's Gate

Unread post by Rain »

DM Arrakeen wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:37 pm
Rain wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:57 pm The old man gives a casual look to his cards, his eyes jump from one to another slowly. After a short pause he looks up from his hand focusing his gaze on the other players at the table. "Check."
DM Arrakeen wrote: The remaining players revealed their hands. A burly looking half-orc held the best one in this round containing straight flush of clubs. Cheer's and grumbling followed.
///FYI, it's been a while and a day since I played poker, so if I'm messing something up, don't hesitate to shoot me a PM.///
Sputnik wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:45 am "Shared endeavors?" Tytos snorts.. "That's cute."
He listens to her series of questions, then replies. "Soon enough. The lead mason will know more; you can ask him." The other questions are not addressed.

He then stands, without touching the offered drink. "It's been nice"

With that, Tytos makes his way toward the door, listening to any possible reply on his way out.
DM Arrakeen wrote:A flicker of amusement gleamed in the barkeep's eyes. "I'm nothing but cute. Be seeing you, Sergeant."
The Tavern's patrons sitting within earshot of that conversation exchanged glances and did not take their eyes off Tytos as he was walking away. There were looks of both condemnation and approval; someone even raised their stein to the man in silent salute. If the Sergeant was paying attention, he perhaps could have noticed a light nod offered to him by the man with the Lizard Shield.

Mag beckoned her helping hand and exchanged a few quiet words with the girl.
After seeing the hand the old man chuckles some soon to fold his hand as well after the fact. "Seems my luck nay lies in card after all." "Although. . ." After a short pause a large some of gold falls to the table with a thud which would seem to be about 2000g peices worth. "Perhaps my luck may strike better in another proposition for you young men." The old man looks around the table at each of the ruffians awaiting to see if he had their attention.
Cerebella Dreambreaker - Insectomancer

Larfleeze Keres Hamoa - Plague Doctor

Batibat Kok-Lir Kasdeya - The All-Seeing Eye

"The Ruined Queen" - Leader of The All-Seeing Eyes.

"For the night is dark, and full of terrors."
DM Arrakeen
Retired Staff

Unread post by DM Arrakeen »

Rain wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:20 pm After seeing the hand the old man chuckles some soon to fold his hand as well after the fact. "Seems my luck nay lies in card after all." "Although. . ." After a short pause a large some of gold falls to the table with a thud which would seem to be about 2000g peices worth. "Perhaps my luck may strike better in another proposition for you young men." The old man looks around the table at each of the ruffians awaiting to see if he had their attention.
DM Arrakeen wrote: The players gathered around the table looked at the old man with a mixture of surprise, greed and something else - something darker.

"I'm out," one of them said, and his companion followed suit. Others weren't far behind. The owner of the Lizard Shield remained seated, looking the Doctor over with a little bit more interest.

The one responsible for the game grinned mischievously.
"What do you have in mind, pops?"
Sputnik wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:45 am With that, Tytos makes his way toward the door, listening to any possible reply on his way out.
DM Arrakeen wrote:Just as Tytos was on his way out of the Inn, a perhaps familiar pair entered the building. Each of them seemed to be hauling a big cooking pot. Oria greeted the Sergeant with a small smile then carried on toward the Tavern's kitchen.
Guidelines for my events
Remember: It's just a game. No need to get sad, angry or vengeful over it.

Server Rules
DM Rulings
Glowfire

Unread post by Glowfire »

Sputnik wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:45 am With that, Tytos makes his way toward the door, listening to any possible reply on his way out.
DM Arrakeen wrote:Just as Tytos was on his way out of the Inn, a perhaps familiar pair entered the building. Each of them seemed to be hauling a big cooking pot. Oria greeted the Sergeant with a small smile then carried on toward the Tavern's kitchen.
Kazimir Resnik, the local priest who oversees a healing tent whenever he's around in Soubar, follows right after Oria carrying the second cooking pot. As usual, he's dressed in grey hood and robes which he doesn't seem overly concerned to keep clean from road dust and other stains. On his left arm, there's three jute strings in different colours braided together. A symbol of an old man being brought forward by a gust of wind is woven into the braid.

He clearly leaves the smiling part to Oria, instead just giving the Sergeant a nod and the Inner Sea greeting which the priest hasn't ceased using while in the Western Heartlands,
"Olore, Tytos."

His grey eyes scan the crowd present in the inn.
Power is the most persuasive rhetoric.
Friedrich von Schiller
Featherfox
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Featherfox »

Rumours spread fast of a scuffle that took place just outside Soubar's northern entrance. Members of the Ebon Blades faced off against outsiders who were all present for one reason - to try and catch the Plague Doctor. While the Doctor himself escaped, a battle did erupt as differences in opinions betwen the groups were too great to prevent otherwise. The two members of the Ebon Blades, both heavily armored and equipped with morningstars, returned to Soubar in high spirits.
Leramak

Unread post by Leramak »

A contingent of the Ebon Blades Could be seen leaving Soubar in a hurry they seemed well armed and ready for a fight. Baron Nightgale and Sergeant Blackrose were among those's that set out. Time Seemed of the Essence.
After Many hours they returned with Satisfied looks on there faces. It would seem they succeeded with whatever they set out to do.
Amos Thistle Lord of Fort Prominence, The Golden Hand Trading Company

Mcgrath WestGuard - Whitewood Vanguard

Morgan Nightgale - Retired Vampire Matron of House Nightgale
Rain

Unread post by Rain »

DM Arrakeen wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:38 pm
Rain wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:20 pm After seeing the hand the old man chuckles some soon to fold his hand as well after the fact. "Seems my luck nay lies in card after all." "Although. . ." After a short pause a large some of gold falls to the table with a thud which would seem to be about 2000g peices worth. "Perhaps my luck may strike better in another proposition for you young men." The old man looks around the table at each of the ruffians awaiting to see if he had their attention.
DM Arrakeen wrote: The players gathered around the table looked at the old man with a mixture of surprise, greed and something else - something darker.

"I'm out," one of them said, and his companion followed suit. Others weren't far behind. The owner of the Lizard Shield remained seated, looking the Doctor over with a little bit more interest.

The one responsible for the game grinned mischievously.
"What do you have in mind, pops?"
The old man leans back in his chair a bit more relaxed as the other's around the table make their departure. The face of the old doctor turns to the man responsible for the game giving him a quick up and down glance inspectingly. "Got a bit of a place i'm looking to get constructed soon, only problem is i'm missing a bit of muscle to keep those I don't want in. . . out. . ." After his statement the doctor shifts his weight on the chair now leaning forward and scooting the bag of gold towards the middle of the table. "Now I don't have any sources around here for bouncers that like their coin and don't ask questions. . ." The bag now scooted towards the dealers side of the table. "But i'm sure you do. . ."

DM Arrakeen
Retired Staff

Rain wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:27 am The old man leans back in his chair a bit more relaxed as the other's around the table make their departure. The face of the old doctor turns to the man responsible for the game giving him a quick up and down glance inspectingly. "Got a bit of a place i'm looking to get constructed soon, only problem is i'm missing a bit of muscle to keep those I don't want in. . . out. . ." After his statement the doctor shifts his weight on the chair now leaning forward and scooting the bag of gold towards the middle of the table. "Now I don't have any sources around here for bouncers that like their coin and don't ask questions. . ." The bag now scooted towards the dealers side of the table. "But i'm sure you do. . ."
DM Arrakeen wrote: Under closer inspection, Larfleeze noted the man's non-humanoid shape of the irises and skin distortions around the temples that resembled scales. Another feral grin split the dealer's lips. "I don't work for just anyone, old man. And not without a little bit more detail. Who do you want protection from?"
Glowfire wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:54 pm Kazimir Resnik, the local priest who oversees a healing tent whenever he's around in Soubar, follows right after Oria carrying the second cooking pot. As usual, he's dressed in grey hood and robes which he doesn't seem overly concerned to keep clean from road dust and other stains. On his left arm, there's three jute strings in different colours braided together. A symbol of an old man being brought forward by a gust of wind is woven into the braid.

He clearly leaves the smiling part to Oria, instead just giving the Sergeant a nod and the Inner Sea greeting which the priest hasn't ceased using while in the Western Heartlands,
"Olore, Tytos."

His grey eyes scan the crowd present in the inn.
DM Arrakeen wrote:As the priest trudged after Oria, a familiar symbol upon one of the shields caught Kaz's attention. Firalis left the pot she carried and sizeable satchel on one of the tables. She spoke shortly with Ra'maseh on her way out of the kitchen heading straight for the bar. Betha, who was still conversing quietly with Mag, beamed a bright smile at Oria.

"Lady Firalis!" the young barmaid wrapped the woman in a spontaneous hug. "Have you decided on the date for the merchants' meeting?"

"Not quite yet, but the preparations are underway, dear heart," Oria smiled and turned toward Mag. "I have need of your kitchen, Mag. Initially, I hoped to cook just for the little assembly, but while I was wondering what to do with the leftovers, Mr. Resnik suggested that they could be offered to the stoneworkers. If I'm to offer each of them a bowl, I need more space than my tent. Would you mind?" Firalis fetched a coin purse then laid it on the bar's counter. "And it will give Ra'maseh something to do."

Mag picked the gold and weighted it in her hand. "Go ahead, Oria," she said with a smirk.
The trader dipped her head in thanks and hurried back to the kitchen where she shared the good news with Kazimir and the tavern's cook.
Guidelines for my events

Server Rules
DM Rulings
Glowfire

DM Arrakeen wrote:As the priest trudged after Oria, a familiar symbol upon one of the shields caught Kaz's attention. Firalis left the pot she carried and sizeable satchel on one of the tables. She spoke shortly with Ra'maseh on her way out of the kitchen heading straight for the bar. Betha, who was still conversing quietly with Mag, beamed a bright smile at Oria.

"Lady Firalis!" the young barmaid wrapped the woman in a spontaneous hug. "Have you decided on the date for the merchants' meeting?"

"Not quite yet, but the preparations are underway, dear heart," Oria smiled and turned toward Mag. "I have need of your kitchen, Mag. Initially, I hoped to cook just for the little assembly, but while I was wondering what to do with the leftovers, Mr. Resnik suggested that they could be offered to the stoneworkers. If I'm to offer each of them a bowl, I need more space than my tent. Would you mind?" Firalis fetched a coin purse then laid it on the bar's counter. "And it will give Ra'maseh something to do."

Mag picked the gold and weighted it in her hand. "Go ahead, Oria," she said with a smirk.
The trader dipped her head in thanks and hurried back to the kitchen where she shared the good news with Kazimir and the tavern's cook.
As Kazimir sets down his pot as well he nods at the cook in greeting. When Oria steps out of the kitchen, he goes to stand by the door, scanning the crowd again as that's better than staring at pots. He eyes the man with the lizard shield for a moment, then the old doctor and those around his table before studying others present.

As Oria returns, he follows her back towards the pots and stoves, giving a nod in acknowledgement to the news shared.
"Is there anything else you'd need a hand with..?" He asks Oria.
Friedrich von Schiller
DM Arrakeen
Retired Staff

Glowfire wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:06 pm As Kazimir sets down his pot as well he nods at the cook in greeting. When Oria steps out of the kitchen, he goes to stand by the door, scanning the crowd again as that's better than staring at pots. He eyes the man with the lizard shield for a moment, then the old doctor and those around his table before studying others present.

As Oria returns, he follows her back towards the pots and stoves, giving a nod in acknowledgement to the news shared.
"Is there anything else you'd need a hand with..?" He asks Oria.
DM Arrakeen wrote: Kaz had no issues recognizing the members of the Frilled Lizards.
"Mr. Ra'maseh and I can take it from here, I think your talents will be best suited out there," Oria cracked a little smile at the priest, but the woman's eyes trailed toward the main floor of the Inn.
Guidelines for my events

Server Rules
DM Rulings
Glowfire

DM Arrakeen wrote: Kaz had no issues recognizing the members of the Frilled Lizards.
"Mr. Ra'maseh and I can take it from here, I think your talents will be best suited out there," Oria cracked a little smile at the priest, but the woman's eyes trailed toward the main floor of the Inn.
"I wonder if I should be offended that you think I drink ale better than I peel carrots," Kazimir smirks at Oria and steps back out of the kitchen, figuring what she'd meant - or that she'd just used it as an excuse to not have him in the way. He makes his way over to the bar. "Olore, Mag. The usual ale," she too is given the foreign greeting and he places a few coins on the bar. "Anything of note been happening around here recently?" While he waits for his ale to be poured, he turns to keep an eye on the room - not focusing his gaze on anyone in particular whilst still being aware of some of the individuals which caught his eye earlier.
Friedrich von Schiller
Mursey

Unread post by Mursey »

A DC 15 Lore (Local Test) Provides the following information:
Hidden: show
Zeeta Thulkist a scion of the Banking House of Thulkist, an Sembian banking family of mixed reputation. She has already sponsored several expeditions against bandits on the region. Various rumours suggest she is either acting as a broker for one or more anonymous sponsors, or is creating conditions conducive to the arrival of a House of Thulkist caravan carrying sufficient wealth to open a new chapter of the Thulkist bank in Baldur's Gate.
OOC: This will be an IC expedition to the Cloakwood, with the intent of recovering the ore from the Mining Company quest giver next to the East Gate market. The expedition will leave from the Elf-song tavern on Sunday 21st April 2019 20:00 British Summer Time (GMT +1). Contact me here via PM or on discord to express interest. Preferred character levels are those appropriate to the dungeon (about 5-10).

PM me here or on discord if you are interested.
TheTwiste11491

Unread post by TheTwiste11491 »

A man adorned in Black Fullplate with golden accents looks over the new notice and shakes his head before saying to no one in particular Why do these damned Southerners keep posting these jobs here... No one here cares about the damned south.
Greil Nightgale Captain of the Ebon Blade
Featherfox
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Featherfox »

A woman from the Ebon Blades can be seen talking with the wall builders on occasion. Upon hearing a certain rumour, she decides now is as good a time as any to introduce herself to Mag.

Entering the Winding Way, the one-eyed woman takes in the scenery - including the canopy roof. She then walks calmly over to Mag, noting a bit of noise from the kitchen. Sitting at the bar near Kazimir, she puts a few coins on the counter and orders a drink.
"Greetings, my name is Brigitte, a fairly new member of the Blades. I'll take a pint." Brigitte has one very piercing and discerning eye, but offers a pleasant smile as part of her opening impression.
Rain

Unread post by Rain »

DM Arrakeen wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:58 pm
Rain wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:27 am The old man leans back in his chair a bit more relaxed as the other's around the table make their departure. The face of the old doctor turns to the man responsible for the game giving him a quick up and down glance inspectingly. "Got a bit of a place i'm looking to get constructed soon, only problem is i'm missing a bit of muscle to keep those I don't want in. . . out. . ." After his statement the doctor shifts his weight on the chair now leaning forward and scooting the bag of gold towards the middle of the table. "Now I don't have any sources around here for bouncers that like their coin and don't ask questions. . ." The bag now scooted towards the dealers side of the table. "But i'm sure you do. . ."
DM Arrakeen wrote: Under closer inspection, Larfleeze noted the man's non-humanoid shape of the irises and skin distortions around the temples that resembled scales. Another feral grin split the dealer's lips. "I don't work for just anyone, old man. And not without a little bit more detail. Who do you want protection from?"

The old man shifts his weight upon his chair after the question. "I'm looking for protection against two groups of people lad. One being the radiant heart another being silver rose." After his sentence the man leans forward a bit. "The bouncers I need don't necessarily need to be fight'n them either. Just some big lad bruisers to keep who I want out of my place is all. . ." A slight tap of the old man's finger makes a chipping sound on the table.

TheTwiste11491

Unread post by TheTwiste11491 »

Early in the twilight of the morning fog, the looming Ebon Blade Compound comes to life. Men scurry about feeding and watering horses before strapping carry-packs to their backs. Some soldiers perform morning drills, raiders leave with empty bags perhaps to collect some sort of supplies. Among the lot stands a man adorned in Gold and Black Fullplate seemingly overseeing the whole operation. Some orders are barked, while others are commands uttered almost in silence accompanied by little more than a stern gaze or a flick of an armored hand. One thing is certain though, there is a massive gathering of forces around the Keep this morning. And only the Tyrant God knows why.

///100% Dm Approved
Greil Nightgale Captain of the Ebon Blade

Return to “Sword Coast Roleplay”