Temple of Auril RP

In-Character News, Laws, Announcements, Rumors, and Stories Relating to the Sword Coast

Moderators: Moderator, DM

kkrazlite

Re: Temple of Auril RP

Unread post by kkrazlite »

N/A
Last edited by kkrazlite on Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Royalty? No it was simply an Election.

Player 1 Select Your Character:

Lo' - The Waunderer of Shou Lung

Aeb'el - Lord Cold Circle, Temple of the Great Blizzard
kkrazlite

Re: Temple of Auril RP

N/A
Last edited by kkrazlite on Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kkrazlite

Re: "Temple of the Great Blizzard" RP (Temple of Auril)

N/A
Last edited by kkrazlite on Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

kkrazlite

N/A
Last edited by kkrazlite on Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pimple
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Pimple »

(( Sorry about the delay in posting. Consider it a footnote if you wish :p ))

On the 22nd of Nightal in the Year of the Dragon 1352 DR two humans, two elves and a half-elf entered the Temple of the Great Blizzard seeking the answer to a question. Lady Cold Circle Alva Sigurdsdottir offered to give them their answer if they first paid tribute to Auril. A magic scroll is placed on the altar by the half-elf and though at first nothing seems to happen, a chill soon sweeps over the place and the scroll is enveloped in a layer of frost, a sign to the priestess of the Frostmaiden's favor, and she answers their question of a gigantic ice-paraelemental encountered on the mountain. At the confirmation that this creature is likely to be a servant of the Frostmaiden and perhaps a sign of her favor, the group of adventurers depart. A storm soon rages over the mountain and later no such elemental is to be found, though some sign of enormous steps in the snow might remain.

(( DM Soulcatcher event ))

On the 26th of Nightal in the Year of the Dragon 1352 DR a frostgiant ascended the Cloudpeaks from a northern direction carrying on his shoulders two humans, an elf and a dwarf. The giant set down his four passengers and approached the castle of his kin, resolute as he entered and walked straight for the throne room of his jarl to issue a challenge for title and right to lead their people. What exactly transpired is unclear but in the midst of the confusion, during the duel that began out of nowhere, it evolved into a battle involving all those present in the room and soon more frost giants pouring in, and when the adventurers left, what remained to be seen was a room full of dead giants, including the one who had come from afar pincushioned now by the axes of his kin, and a trail of giants felled from there to the gate, tracs leading outside that suddenly end within a short distance.

(( DM Soulcatcher event ))
"Your compassion is commendable, Dreadmarshall." -- Sirion Te'dwa, 1359 DR

Sirion Te'dwa - Shop
kkrazlite

N/A

kkrazlite

N/A
Last edited by kkrazlite on Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Litoff
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Litoff »

Clouds gathered atop the highest peak of the mountain. . . The wind rose, bending the crown of the highest trees and rushing flurries of snow across the stalling roads. . . The air quickly filled with a stormy smell. . . As two silhouette arrived at the Temple. Those who would sight their arrival would have no doubt, a storm was on its way, and it would seem to be following them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Making their way down the long and frigid stairs of the Temple, Aeb’el would lead the newcomer inside the main area. As she steps inside the center of the glacier shrine, she couldn’t help but be impressed by the raw beauty of the place.

“Take your time to marvel at the scenery. . . When you are ready come and approach me and the other's who run the temple.” Said Aeb’el.

Cladded in her golden iron armor, in full war attire as her faith would have it, Taxannassa would shiver from the chilling air inside the crystallized room. The sight was however breathtaking. Moments later, she would head for the center of the room, where stood three silhouettes, across an ice altar.

Standing on guard, her posture perfectly straight, Taxannassa would wait for their permission to step forward.

“Come forth Taxannassa. . . Chosen of the Storm. . .”

After removing her helm and securing under her shield arm, she bows her head in respects and slowly walked towards the altar.

“Taxannassa. . . it is to my attention you seek to serve under the veil of the blizzard and the storm for that of the fury . . . If this is so. . . Please speak your answer.”

Placing a gauntleted fist to her heart, still holding her spear, she says:

“Aye, 'tis what I seek, for the Fury to act as one on these lands.”

“And it comes to my attention that you have been blessed by the gift of your god, his Lord Talos, with his favor, first as a Chosen. . . Now as that of his Storm Legion. . . If this is so speak your answer. . .”

"Aye, Lord Cold Circle would be correct. I was marked as Chosen of the Storm by birth, and have since earned the ranks amongst the Storm Legion.”

“And you look to serve in his rite? You look to achieve greater glory in his name? And gather your prestige towards your dogma? You seek to do this all through my eyes as Lord Cold Circle of this temple?”

“Aye, 'tis what I seek, to act as the Storm's Herald, and claim victories in his name.”

“And when the time of the end will come. . . The era of the war of both gods and goddess may commence. . . When the world itself is shrouded in fire and brimstone through which we must fight in the name of our gods. . .
You will raise your spear for the Pact of the Fury?”

"Aye I will. My spear will reach the highest of clouds, and shatter the ground with the might of a thousand lightning bolts."

“As you reside in the temple let it be known of who you answer to. . . That is of me Lord Cord Circle Aeb'el. The Lady Cold Circle Alva Sigurdsdottir and Lady Deep Winter Astrid Ragnarsdottir. If this is clear let us be known of your confirmation.”

“Aye, the present absence of a Temple to the Storm means that this Place of Faith will act as the anchor for my Lord's influence. Under these conditions and until this is changed, I, Taxannassa of the Storm, will answer to the authority of your faith.”

Hesitant, she bends a knee and bows her head.

“Very well then. . . I welcome you to our temple. . . You have been appointed and taken in with open arms and shall be-treated no less as one of us no matter your faith. I pronounce you. . . Taxannassa. . . Champion who walks thunder’s path

“Raise your spear Thunder Maiden Taxannassa.”

As she stands on guard once more, raising her spear as high as she can, a cracking roar is heard followed immediately by a mighty bolt of pure lightning, going through the top of the mountain and hitting the spear with a shattering noise.

kkrazlite

N/A

kkrazlite

N/A
Last edited by kkrazlite on Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DM Bembel

Unread post by DM Bembel »

kkrazlite wrote:Aeb'el would make his way to the Alter of Auril. . . The light snowfall of winter would seem as if a boon from Auril as it quite soothing to the eye. . . As Aeb'el would make his way he would take time to check on the mighty Snow Bear that rest alongside the alter. . . Aeb'el would look over the bear checking up on its recovery and for any signs of discomfort. . . As the bear rest Aeb'el would walk to the Alter of the Maiden of Winter and give quick and quiet prayer before taking steps to the Snow bear. With some effort Aeb'el would focus a Rejuvenation cocoon around the slumbering creature for some time. . .

Survival Roll: 67

Concentration roll: 43

Spellcraft roll: 44

Heal roll: 29
With the aid of Lord Cold Circle Aeb'el the Snow Bear's wounds would recover almost completly. There would be no sign of any disconfort as the frosty winter with its deep, cold temperatures endures. Soon the bear would be strong enough to go out on his rut.
Juramenta

Unread post by Juramenta »

Dear Lathander Auril,

Today was a great day.
I came by to visit because my new friend said that you were evil. So I wanted to come visit and ask if you were. I completely forgot to ask you because I met a new friend. Turns out he is my teacher’s teacher.
Did you know that faery fire has this pretty purple smoke? Shame I am wearing green now, because it would have gone great with my old outfit.
I tried eating the Faery Fire but I could not do it, because it is not a spell but a spirit.
I cannot eat spirits I think; I do not think they would like that very much.

Do you know my friend from Baldur’s Gate? I bet you would like her very much because she likes doing tests as well. She is going to do magical tests on me soon. It is because I am sleeping so much lately. Oh I got tired today! I had to breath really deep to catch my breath. You know like the humans always do when they do stuff.

I liked water the best, they are so silly. Coming after you even when they saw other water falling for the same trick. I think they were being nice to me. I like water as well. I learned today that you have a weakness, did you know that? Apparently all gods do, I think it is kind of you to do that so others won’t feel bad of not being so good as you.

Do you always help people? I think it is very kind of you to do. You should visit Baldur’s Gate when you have the time, because it has a lot of kind teachers as well. Not much snow there so far as I have seen, I hope you don’t mind too much. If you do please let me know, I can ask Sirion or Terri to create snow for you. Haven’t seen them create snow before but I think they can do that.

I cleaned my house today just like you like to do. But I do not like cleaning as much as you do I think. Still I do think that if you do it, you should always do your very best.
I really liked your home. We are trying to buy a home in Ulgoth’s Beard. It needs a new roof though.
Do you know a lot about roofs? I do not know a lot about that.

Do you know where I can buy a wand of Mordenkainen’s Disjunction? I bet they are very expensive. One should be careful with that though. If someone is making as prett…oh have you seen the fight with the other teacher? Not my teacher but he is also teacher.
That was so much fun, we were fighting sand!
It was like fighting water but harder because nothing seemed to work. The acid a tiny bit.
Oh about eating magic, did you know that multiple layers of magic make it very hard to eat?
I really did my best, but I only have a tiny tummy. Though it is not like food I think.

Eating won’t always work I think, that is why I might need a wand. Oh I already bought new shoes for next week, in case these get wet. Shall I bring a fishing pole? In case I need to fish?

Oh and you can be proud of yourself. I have never seen any dust on snow and there is a lot of snow. I had no idea that you keep all that snow clean, you must be working very hard every day.
I try to work hard as well. It makes people happy.
I am sleepy now, time to sleep. I like sleeping, beca…..zzzzz
Grand Frost Touch of the Maiden of Ice - Hazel Jynx - Background
A real man's man - Butch Von Base - background pending

-
Wirg: An famous Orc who steals from humans. He has many incarnations and is known around the world as the best Orc thief.
kkrazlite

N/A
Last edited by kkrazlite on Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlackStork

Unread post by BlackStork »

She stopped... She needed to retreat... Here, on the ground, deeper she advances, weaker she is. She almost reached the Temple. But now she needs to fall back. To the foothold, and perhaps to Nashkel, to take new supliments. She already saw the temple, but bunch of Yeti and Air elementals, Snow Tigers almost made her to feast dead bone at Myrkul's Plane.

She needed to leave a sign. She had the plan already. She will try to keep attention, while her elementals will move with the missive to the shrine. According to her guess elemental would freeze once it will be inside of shrine already. She will just put a notice. Missive. That she is around. Cleric meeting party would suffice.
Last edited by BlackStork on Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlackStork

Unread post by BlackStork »

At edge of Auril's shrine, at the top of Cloudpeak, now appeared piece of ice. The form of it is even, and symmetric, with protrusions in some way reminding hands. Any trained Druid, Shaman or Witch will recognize the shape of the Huge Water elemental, completely frozen.

There are few big pieces of ice nearby, serving as witness that there were much more of those elementals on approach, but, probably were torn by Snow Tigers, according to the claw traces on the broken ice pieces..

Inside of the elemental the piece of sea stone could be seen. On it, with dark green kelp ink inscribed:

"I am here. At foothold, murdeting those big-asses, or in Nashkel area. Those Tigers are very territorial. I will be around, find me, We will meet. Praise the Furies. May the Storms descend and ascend. S."

Return to “Sword Coast Roleplay”