Temple of Auril RP

In-Character News, Laws, Announcements, Rumors, and Stories Relating to the Sword Coast

Moderators: Moderator, DM

kkrazlite

Temple of Auril RP

Unread post by kkrazlite »

Winter Last Forver, And Spring Skips its Turn.

This thread is focused around that of the Temple of Auril, Its guest, Residence and all others corresponding to that of Temple of Auril.
Last edited by kkrazlite on Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:16 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Royalty? No it was simply an Election.

Player 1 Select Your Character:

Lo' - The Waunderer of Shou Lung

Aeb'el - Lord Cold Circle, Temple of the Great Blizzard
kkrazlite

Re: Temple of Auril RP

N/A
Last edited by kkrazlite on Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

metaquad4

Unread post by metaquad4 »

A figure in blue and grey robes watches Aebel with a little smile over his scaled lips. His purple eyes glimmer proudly as he watches the man stroll into the temple. He moves over to one of the statues to Auril, placing his hands into the brazier of cold flame and murmuring a soft prayer.

"Frostmaiden. Your child thanks you for this wondrous winter you have blessed us with, and beseeches you for its length to go on. Please, lend us your strength and let us spread your name across this land. Let us carry your splendor, beauty, and cold with us and gift it upon others. Watch over my brother as he does the same, and give him the strength he needs for his duty. Thank you, mother of cold."

The figure then places a brilliant blue sapphire into the flame and steps back, kneeling down to kiss both of the statue's feet. He then stands, and turns around, gazing at his brother fondly. At the mention of the grey orc tribe, he perks up and murmurs.

"Orc-kin? So far up north. . .what are they doing here, in the mother's sacred lands, I wonder. Here to ravage and steal from us, perhaps. Time will tell. . ."

As Aebel departs from the temple, he stands and says his farewells to Lady Cold and Lady Deep Winter, before departing as well. He follows Aebel at a distance, watching over his brother.

"Mother of cold. Watch over my brother, and give him the strength he needs for his duty. . ."

He trails off, and smiles softly, kneeling down softly to touch the snow with his hand softly, molding it into his fingers thoughtfully.

"The next move is yours, brother. We shall see what the mother will bestow upon us this day."

He stands carefully and follows along, keeping a wary watch over Aebel.
aka aplethoraof

2010 - 2023 (on permanent? leave)
Playing Arelith/NWN1 now. Still on discord (aplethoraof on discord).
kkrazlite

N/A
Last edited by kkrazlite on Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

metaquad4

Kaine, the figure in the grey and blue robes, enters with his brother quietly, and sits down next to him. He watches Aebel's work quietly, nodding to himself. As Aebel speaks, he nods before speaking in return.

"The onslaught of new birth and new travellers would certainly contribute to an increased military presence. They know winter is over, and the blizzards that shielded them will no longer deter others. Perhaps, in particular, they might fear the Hill Giants and their potential for incursion upon their lands."

Kaine rubs his chin thoughtfully, moving his fingers idly in between the scales adorning his skin, scratching lightly.

"More research into their next move would be best. I have no doubt they will attempt to defend these hills, as they have done many times before. Although, I wonder if they seek expansion. Expanding during the winter would make far more sense, on that thought. . .perhaps these are isolated incidents? Or perhaps they are planning something."

He tilts his head thoughtfully, pursing his lips, before speaking further.

"An audience with the king, would not be the worst thought, brother. Perhaps he could shed some light on their plans for this coming summer. The source, may have some answer."
aka aplethoraof

metaquad4

Kaine silently walks into the temple, first moving to one of the statues to Auril and delivering his usual prayer, laying three blue topaz gems into the cold brazier. He then finds an isolated corner of the temple and sits down. Out from his robes, he pulls out two fuzzy companions. He sets them down, and watches them play with a little smile.
Hidden: show
He watches the two cats toy with eachother silently for some time, before popping open a book and letting them play by his boot, reading silently to himself. The book, to any observers, would be a book regarding the elemental planes, specifically the planes of Water and Air.
aka aplethoraof

metaquad4

Kaine meets with a druid bearing Selune's cloak, who steps into the temple one fateful day. Kaine greets him, and offers protection, rest, and food in exchange for an offering. The man delivers a sizable offering of coin, and begins to speak with Kaine of a proposition. The man suggests a small observatory (meant for a handful of people), which he would build in order to conduct astronomy. Kaine seems to find this agreeable, and the man seems to bear no hostility towards the temple in any manner, rather holding himself in a rather friendly and talkative manner.

After some talk, Kaine agrees to bring it to his peers in the temple and, if agreeable, to help facilitate it. The man introduces himself later as Nicholaius Everstar (Nichy), an unorthodox druid of Selune. Kaine and the man seem to get along fondly.

After the man leaves, Kaine takes a portion of the coin, and places a handful of coins into each of the Coldfire Braziers.
(((The logs are a little crude, but bear with them please)))
Nicholaius Everstar: [Talk] Well this place is quite interesting...
Nicholaius Everstar: [Talk] Wasn't quite expecting another.
Kaine: [Talk] <C=pink>He steps forward, and offers a smile</C> Greetings there, traveller.
Nicholaius Everstar: [Talk] Greetings to yourself.
Kaine: [Talk] What brings you to this sacred temple this day. <C=pink>He tilts his head, his gaze roaming the once-dragon</C>
Nicholaius Everstar: [Talk] Simply looking for a place to rest.
Nicholaius Everstar: [Talk] Seeing as the winter is waning, I kind of assume that you folk are less rowdy. Not that I cared before. Yes, your lores may insinuate I'm a "druid" and that I take "issue" with the furies. But I'm honestly unorthodox.
Kaine: [Talk] Would you like to make a small donation to the other? <C=pink>He smiles softly, and gestures to the various statues</C> Protection is gaurenteed, as is the comfort of this home, in return for the homage. <C=pink>He chuckles softly</C> We have a druid serving in our clergy at
Kaine: [Talk] the moment, friend.
Kaine: [Talk] And winter may be waning. . .but neither the mother, nore we, have succumb to such.
Nicholaius Everstar: [Talk] unlike most other druids who would just be yelling....I care about the stars.
Nicholaius Everstar: [Talk] Don't really care much for what happens here. No undead, no demons. About all I care about.
Nicholaius Everstar: [Talk] Generally I just assume hostility. So pardon me. Not often do I just accidentally waltz into a temple of Auril.
Nicholaius Everstar: [Talk] But you have been quite gracious.
Kaine: [Talk] <C=pink>He chuckles again lightly, cocking his head ever-so-slightly to the side</C> I understand, friend. You may rest. I encourage a small donation, which can be given at one of the Coldflame statues.
Nicholaius Everstar: [Talk] And for that I thank you.
Kaine: [Talk] But, noone will attack you here.
Nicholaius Everstar: [Talk] Well that is pleasant to know.
Kaine: [Talk] <C=pink>He dips his head</C> The donation is very well recieved. So long as you do not assault us, you will always have a safe place here.
Nicholaius Everstar: [Talk] Wonderful. I much more prefer making friends than enemies.
Nicholaius Everstar: [Talk] ...Hmm...
Nicholaius Everstar: [Talk] This place is on the peaks...
Kaine: [Talk] <C=pink>He smiles warmly</C> Of course. Friends are always far more welcome.
Nicholaius Everstar: [Talk] I may actually be willing to negotiate a few things in the future...
Kaine: [Talk] Indeed? I am an open ear for discussion, of course. What things would you desire to speak of?
Nicholaius Everstar: [Talk] I'm trying to set up an observatory and the peaks here are at the right altitude to bypass the cloud coverage.
Nicholaius Everstar: [Talk] As I said before, I'm an astronomer.
Nicholaius Everstar: [Talk] Or I might not of said that here.
Nicholaius Everstar: [Talk] I'm an astronomer.
Kaine: [Talk] <C=pink>He nods lightly</C> Aye. Many often come to the mountains to gaze upon the stars. We are far closer to them. <C=pink>He smiles softly</C> Of course, we could arrange for protection for this observatory. What size scale are we speaking of?
Nicholaius Everstar: [Talk] Something simple. Nothing elaborate...
Nicholaius Everstar: [Talk] I think...
Kaine: [Talk] <C=pink>He dips his head</C> For a single person, I trust? That person, being you. Or is it for multiple people?
Nicholaius Everstar: [Talk] Might be multiple figures.
Nicholaius Everstar: [Talk] May be looking at setting up a small temple ish thing to Selune.
Nicholaius Everstar: [Talk] I don't think Auril and Selune directly...Hate...each other?
Kaine: [Talk] <C=pink>His smile brightens</C> Of course. The mountains are closer to Selune than other landscapes.
Nicholaius Everstar: [Talk] Exactly.
Kaine: [Talk] We share no animosity, no. So long as no harm is made towards the temple, and those to be protected are made aware of. . .I see no issue with this project.
Kaine: [Talk] Being a druid yourself, I have a certain level of trust for your respect for the land.
Nicholaius Everstar: [Talk] Indeed.
Nicholaius Everstar: [Talk] I mean again, I am...unorthodox.
Nicholaius Everstar: [Talk] Don't think of me as the green wearing, tree hugging lot.
Nicholaius Everstar: [Talk] Don't really care much for them myself.
Nicholaius Everstar: [Talk] But you know, toleration isn't awful.
Nicholaius Everstar: [Talk] But yes, getting something up...here...would be nice...
Kaine: [Talk] <C=pink>He smiles softly, and nods</C> Indeed. It creates less conflict. . .which is good for us. Less conflict means less assaults upon us.
Nicholaius Everstar: [Talk] Well...you won't have to worry about me.
Nicholaius Everstar: [Talk] I think the only person I openly attacked was Zeno, and that was because he was being a prideful gut-bag.
Kaine: [Talk] <C=pink>He dips his head lightly</C> So long as you respect the local residents. . .the creatures of the cold, the land, and the temple. . .I see no issues with it, aye.
Nicholaius Everstar: [Talk] Generally so.
Nicholaius Everstar: [Talk] I see no issue.
Nicholaius Everstar: [Talk] We shall be in contact to discuss things further.
aka aplethoraof

kkrazlite

N/A
Last edited by kkrazlite on Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

metaquad4

Kaine would look up, smiling and nodding to his brother at his return, and chuckling softly at the mention of new converts. He tilts his head, listening quietly as Aeb'el speaks, before nodding.

"Aye, I have met this woman of Candlekeep. She seems reasonable enough, amiable. And she likes the cold, it seems."

Kaine smiles softly, and nods, stroking one of the cats softly.

"Doron Amar only accepts elven citizens, if I am not mistaken. A traditional elven village. However, I am aware that they have leadership. I saw one such individual once. . .the 'hand', I believe. Perhaps you should seek her out, brother."

Kaine sets down his book lightly, marking where he was at, and standing up, moving to one of the statues. Before he places his hands in, he pauses, and turns around.

"Indeed. We should find any followers whom might be nestled in the local village, as well. Nashkel, I believe. They appreciate winter, more than most in these parts."

He dips his hands into the statue's Coldfire, and begins to pray again softly.
aka aplethoraof

finneas

Unread post by finneas »

*A set of tracks appears, one by one, in the drifts surrounding the temple. They proceed from the foothills to the temple entrance. The maker of the tracks glances about before dropping his dweomer of invisibility and pulling the door ajar. He steps inside, hooded and cloaked, the point of a black beard streaked heavily with white extending past the protective cowl. He shakes the snowmelt from his cloak before moving beyond the vestibule. As he peers within he appears to mutter to himself urgently. The hushed conversation ensues.*

"We made it, yes we did, even without your help. What? Well that doesn't matter! You did not even want to come in the first place! Hm? Well of course we needed to come to the temple. It is where it begins. She is close, here, in the frigid range. Yes yes, your objection is noted. Come, let us continue."

*The short, lean man ambles in to the temple proper, awestruck at the cold flame braziers and priestesses of the Lady of Ice. He supplicates himself upon entry and grins darkly."

"Yes, see? We are home."
There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter. - Ernest Hemingway
The Fox's Bio
Kellan Armstrong's Bio
kkrazlite

N/A
Last edited by kkrazlite on Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

finneas

Unread post by finneas »

*The solitary figure grins toothily at the Aurilite, nodding vigorously, muttering to himself.*

"You see? I told you this was Her place. Hah! Maybe now you will be silent and let me speak to this fine servant of the Frostmaiden!"*The small man turns to the templar to speak.*. "I...oh yes yes...we had to come see for ourselves if the Queen of ice did truly have haven here in the peaks. It has been long...too long, since we have worshipped under her cold gaze. We...I...yes I am Kelton Rasp. I am home.*

*The man cackles, dry washing his hands as he looks about the temple with awe. He licks his lips and his hands turn blue with residual cold magicks. He appears not to notice and makes no move toward aggression, rather just basking in the chilly environ.*
There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter. - Ernest Hemingway
The Fox's Bio
Kellan Armstrong's Bio
metaquad4

Kaine glances from a statue at the commotion, leaning down to kiss the legs of the statue dedicated to Auril. He then moves towards his brother, standing at his side.

"Greetings, from both myself and this temple, Kelton Rasp. I am Kaine, one of the mother of winter's children. It is a pleasure to meet you, and to see another whom might greet this temple as a haven and a home."

He dips his head with a little smile stretching across his scaled lips. He gazes across the figure's form with his slitted, violet eyes in a curious, examining manner. He whispers to Aeb'el.

"A fascinating friend, you have made, Brother."
aka aplethoraof

kkrazlite

N/A
Last edited by kkrazlite on Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

finneas

Unread post by finneas »

"Sir? Hah! Sir he calls us! Well please and thank you, I shall practice my curtsey. From Nashkel I am, yes yes. Those cursed watchknights always following and nosing in. We just want to worship yes we do. A cult they called us, giving praise to the Ice Witch! Herecy I say! Their God is no better! We fled from the town while they rounded others up. What? Whats that?"*he seems to be asking a question of someone unseen*. "Oh yes, of course. Thank you for the reminder."*he turns back to the two Aurilites addressing them once more*. "We wish to grow the temple, yes. And help the White Wyrm reclaim these peaks! Please let us help, you will not be sorry!"

*The man appears quite mad, speaking often to himself and to others as though he were speaking for two people instead of just himself. Occasionally ice crystals form on his skin and clothing as he grows excited.*
The Fox's Bio
Kellan Armstrong's Bio

Return to “Sword Coast Roleplay”