Relentless Storm - Roleplay

In-Character News, Laws, Announcements, Rumors, and Stories Relating to the Sword Coast

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Alurianna

Relentless Storm - Roleplay

Unread post by Alurianna »

// This thread is designed for any and all posts relating to the Relentless Storm crew including topics like recruitment, sent missives, coordinating IG meet-up times and any other questions that might arise!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Beginning of the Relentless Storm

Vala Reyer, having amicably parted ways with her former crew as Master-at-Arms, spreads word that she is in the market for a ship. Not just any ship will do. She hopes of a ship designed for maneuverability and speed. She dreams of a ship built for exploration, storm chasing and adventure.

A caravel ship
Hidden: show
The looks and age of the ship aren't nearly as important to her as the ship's general seaworthiness, and if it can meet the needs and threats that inevitably await it on the Sword Coast's exposed waters.

She begins the search...

Last edited by Alurianna on Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vala Reyer - "...a tempest of steel and lightning."
Captain of the Relentless Storm
The Reyer Clinic
Relentless Gaurd
Alurianna

Re: Relentless Storm - Roleplay

Over the next moon and a half, Vala spends her time around Baldurs Gate, Ulgoth's Beard, and The Friendly Arm Inn assembling a seaworthy crew. She searches both amongst her friends and acquaintances. She looks for those with both experience and those who are looking and willing to learn.

The Reyer Clinic
Relentless Gaurd
Mausman

Unread post by Mausman »

Mick was found, on some rainy afternoon, sipping from his tankard, filled with rum, within the Blushing Mermaid...
Wulfrik, Hunter Ever, Hunter After

Alaan Skriesong, Anarchist, Assassin, Wild Person- Retired with his She-wolf Elfling in a homely cave -Retired
Alurianna

Mausman wrote:Mick was found, on some rainy afternoon, sipping from his tankard, filled with rum, within the Blushing Mermaid...
Vala half jogs through the gate as the rain starts to pelt. She sees the inn on her left and she quickly steps inside the doorway. After two patrons brush past her as she stands in the doorway, she makes up her mind to step inside. As soon as she ducks inside she moves off to the side and begins shaking out her water-soaked cloak. After that is successfully stuffed into her bag, she begins wringing out her hair as her eyes flit around the inside of the Blushing Mermaid, slowly adjusting to the interior. Her eyes find and settle on Mick as he sips on his tankard and as soon as she is no longer leaving water-filled puddles around her, she moves over to order a drink and then steps up to the chair next to Mick's. She accepts the drink leaving some coin on the bar and takes a sip of it. After swallowing, she turns and smiles over to Mick. "Hey Mick... mind if I join you?"

//PM sent
The Reyer Clinic
Relentless Gaurd
artemitavik

Unread post by artemitavik »

A few days after returning from Waterdeep, Derik makes his way to the meeting place with Vala, various papers tucked under his arm.

As he arrives, he gives her a hug and sits down, ale in hand, he spreads out the papers in front of him. A goodly number are just names, prices, and a few details. Some are charts and technical drawings.

Hey there you. So, here's all the stuff I managed to get together in Waterdeep. There are a couple shipwrights that would likely be able to build from scratch. There are also a couple ships that match more or less what you were looking for just for sale. I didn't have a lot of time to inspect them though, so I can't verify their quality.

Naturally, the shipwrights I talked to said they'd be happy to repair anything that was purchased or set modifications. I've got a couple lists here, one is the shipwrights and their rates and contact information, the other is those selling ships already in the water.

He takes another list out along with the technical drawings. He downs about half his ale in a single go before he continues.

This is the stuff I was able to get on balista. Of course, you can't mount the full sized ones that take a crew of however many that you launch sharpened trees at city walls with on the ship... So I looked at what it would take to get smaller ones. A larger one aft perhaps and a slightly smaller one fore. Crew of two or three when shooting. We could rig either one of these for grappling or both and put a winch into the deck next to them for reeling in.

I also took the liberty to look at smaller one to two crew, anti-personnel ballista, like this scorpion here. Much faster firing. Not all that great against say, a large boat, but far more powerful with a longer range than any bow or crossbow, and likely most spells. With a good crew you could easily start picking off threats at range with one of these on an enemy ship. It's also faster loading and easier aimed, so if the target was some sort of fast moving, large animal on the surface of the water, could bring them to bear right quick compared to the other ones. Stick on on each side of the ship...

But again, it all depends on how much armament you're going for... because that's a great deal of firepower floating on the sea right there if you put all that on there. Might make some folks nervous.

Derik takes another pull of his mostly gone ale and looks at the woman across from him.
Derik "Crimson Bulwark" Ranloss: Thugging for GREAT JUSTICE!!! (yes, I know he doesn't wear red)
Headmaster:Bladestone Foundation.
Owner:The Last Anchor

Braithreachas Leomhainn
"My purpose is to shed blood for those who can't, and to bleed for those who shouldn't."
Alurianna

artemitavik wrote:A few days after returning from Waterdeep, Derik makes his way to the meeting place with Vala, various papers tucked under his arm.
Derik takes another pull of his mostly gone ale and looks at the woman across from him.
Vala spends the night discussing with Derik the plans and possible outcomes. In the end she asks if she may keep the papers and stores them with her other ship paperwork.

"I'll see you at the first meeting Derik." She waves and heads off.

The Reyer Clinic
Relentless Gaurd
Alurianna

Vala sends out letters to the crewmembers of the Relentless Storm about a date and place of the crew's first official meeting. The letters are sealed with a dark-maroon wax seal.

// July 22, 2017

The Reyer Clinic
Relentless Gaurd
Alurianna

Vala finds Michael Dunn later that evening and tells him about the first meeting of the Relentless Storm crew.

"The first meeting was a success! A good majority of the crew could be present. The dynamic of the group is one that I had hoped for. I am more than just optimistic about my crew. They will be able to do amazing things, of this I am sure."

Michael's reply to her has her smiling freely. "Good people congregrate for a great leader - take care of them and they will you in return, love."
The Reyer Clinic
Relentless Gaurd
Alurianna

A good portion of the Relentless Storm crew gather in the Baldurs Gate harbor one mostly sunny day to catch a ship up to Watergate.
Upon arrival in Waterdeep the crew gets a chance to see the ship that Vala is interested in. After the crew toured the ship and afterwards finished taking care of personal obligations, the group caught a ship back to Ulgoths beard. The trip goes smoothly and upon return the crew spent the evening sharing a cozy dinner and sharing stories together on the beach by the heat of the fire while the sound of the waves beat softly into the night.

((Edited by request.))
The Reyer Clinic
Relentless Gaurd
Alurianna

Some of the crew of the Relentless Storm spend another quiet evening on the beach at Ulgoth's Beard where they talk over cooking fish (some of it burned) and meet a lovestruck farmer.
The Reyer Clinic
Relentless Gaurd
Milluw

Unread post by Milluw »

Ronja walks by the Reyer Clinic one early morning to see if Tellae is in. If she is there, she would hand her a stack of envelopes, explaining its content with great enthusiasm. Also asking her if she could hand them over to Vala. In the note there would be a request to share them out to the crew of the Relentless Storm. Ronja then went on her merry way.

(( 18th September 16:30 - 17:00 GMT ))
Countdown: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/j ... nt=cursive
Last edited by Milluw on Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alurianna

The Relentless Storm ship was seen leaving Ulgoth's Beard toward the Gate. After picking up some wares there, the ship took an pleasant trip to Waterdeep where the wares were delivered. The crew returned in happy spirits.

The Reyer Clinic
Relentless Gaurd
Alurianna

Recently the Relentless Storm crew seems to be busier than ever, sharing wild tales of their latest adventures: The battle against a giant mass of corpses, a massive seemingly high-flying and jetblack-filled tooth shark and most recently the decaying crewkilling, shipsinker - the ghost ship.

The last claiming more than it's own ship in the depths....
The Captain and the entirety of her crew have returned to the sandy beaches of Ulgoth's Beard....

....but where is the Storm?

The Reyer Clinic
Relentless Gaurd
Alurianna

Captain Vala Dunn shakes hands with the man.

"Welcome to the crew Ferrick."
The Reyer Clinic
Relentless Gaurd
Alurianna

Captain Vala Reyer shakes the man's hand firmly.

"I'd like to officially invite you to join my crew on the Relentless Storm Claus"

The Reyer Clinic
Relentless Gaurd

Return to “Sword Coast Roleplay”