The Northern Watch RP Thread

In-Character News, Laws, Announcements, Rumors, and Stories Relating to the Sword Coast

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Fury_US

The Northern Watch RP Thread

Unread post by Fury_US »

//The place for Forum RP in relation to the Northern Watch. Actual Creativity™ coming soon. Maybe.
Savina Rook- Active
Wren Di'Corvi- Retired
"A bit ex-Zhentric" -Winterborne
Tantive

On a Whim

Unread post by Tantive »

On a Whim, 7th of Alturiak
It was dark and rainy. A mere whim brought me to have a look at the camp for the night as I was under a spell of invisibility. But it appears to have been serendipity as I spied not its typical dwellers, but those entirely different. Drow. My sword taken from its sheath and firmly grasped in hand, I hopped over the stones with as light a step I could make, and gently pressed my finger upon the drow standing nearest to the arch. Elven words flowed from me and next to him, a duplicate soldier materialised.

The camp roared with alerted speech and mustered arms, as the duplicate illusionary drow flung into battle against its companions, drawing momentary attention away. I saw one turn towards me, the only one who had noticed my intrusion. His surprise was met with a grim visage of my own. He swung at me, but his blade found my own with a flick of the wrist, as my other hand quickly formed the motions for another spell, accumulated with another elven word. The great ball of fire flung from my hand and caught two of the archers directly on my left, burning the ground and marking the wall from its heat. It was quick, and I was glad for it, continuing the duel with the soldier as the duplicate fought the others.

They cried out in the cursed tongue towards me. I did not understand it but I was certain they did not mean me well, so I replied in kind: "Dhaeraow, you'll meet your end!"

The battle didn't last long. The tower was empty, and the camp--It was a mess. Dead drow at my feet, and littered at the entrance from a returning patrol. It would only be civilised to clean it up.

How far they were deserving for the words spoken for their souls, I didn't care much, but I said them anyway. Their toils had ended, unless they were deserving for more in the afterlife. It is a matter of the gods, though I suppose the night had been an appropriate offering to Shevarash. It is not every day I am able to provide an offering for the others among the Seldarine.

With the final spell of the evening, I brought forth a blinding light, disintigrating their piled remains into dust. Hmm, someone should be told of their coming here, I suppose one more spell would be appropriate. Now where did I put that copper wire?
Elyssa Symbaern - Bladesinger
Isioviel Fereyn - Elven Ranger
Charisa Flomeigne - Scion of Siamorphe
Tsidkenu

Re: The Northern Watch RP Thread

Unread post by Tsidkenu »

A black rook circled high above Bridgefort, oddly not choosing to join its brothers and sisters in gorging upon the corpses of the fallen. It cawed repeatedly before flying off towards the north. Alone.
Fury_US

Unread post by Fury_US »

Slender fingers tug at wind-tangled silver hair, and eyes narrow at the orc-fouled ground within the Bridgefort Camp. They tightened at the smear of blood- her blood- across the inner wall, and her jaw clenched at the sight of the black banner- trampled and torn- upon the ground. With grim determination, the woman picked it up, shook it out, and raised it once more.

Ripped and tattered, the banner of the Northern Watch once again fluttered defiantly from the tower walls.
Savina Rook- Active
Wren Di'Corvi- Retired
electric mayhem

Unread post by electric mayhem »

A courier arrives with a sealed message addressed to Commander Wren Di'Corvi at the Bridge Fort. Point of origin would indicate Kraak Helzak.

~Claret - Proprietor of Clarity Cellars.
~Wouveir - Hellstorm Crew
~Adolamin Marblerune - Arcane Engineer and Lorekeeper citizen of the Kingdom of Kraak Helzak. [His Story]
~Harrison Remillard - Morninglord of the Song of the Morning Temple.

Nyssis

Unread post by Nyssis »

A plain envelope addressed to one Wren Di'Corvi arrives at the Bridgefort. The contained letter has no fanfare or hallmarks about it, though it has been meticulously folded by a perfectionist's hand and the charcoal ink is free of smudges. In contrast to its sterile exterior, the honest vulnerability in the scriven text reveals the thoughtfulness of its author.

Esteemed Commander of the Northern Watch,

It is my modest hope that you receive this stranger's letter in good health.

I am a foreigner come to the westward coast in search of a renewed purpose. In the distant past, I served the martial forces of my homeland as light cavalry and a forward scout, but I have learned that the word 'necessity' is a dangerous thing that can oft justify cruelty.

Untold horrors have been visited upon others at the behest of my commanding officers, dehumanizing my enemy and fellow man both. They gave the order, but it was ultimately my actions that saw it to fruition. Realizing this has bid me lead a worthless life of noncommittal negligence since my desertion.

In confidence, I admit a shameful truth: I have been arrested by fear. Something within my heart yearns to commit this life to virtue and goodwill, but I am afraid of the future's uncertainty. I am afraid of performing only self-seeking acts for another, and lying to myself that it serves some greater cause when it does not.

The happenstance of the adventurers' assembly at the Gate, and the threat it could have posed to many innocent people had it not been reined in, is fresh upon my mind. The perpetrator remains at large. I cannot ignore what has transpired, for it is my duty, and so I will no longer allow my courage to be held hostage.

It is my wish to present of myself to you for inspection, and discuss the possibility of future service to you and your noble organization. May there be no illusion between us. I am indeed a stranger yet unproven, and I will defer to your judgement regarding my worth, if any.

I currently have no place of residence, but a missive left at the easterly parapets of Baldur's Gate will find me. Thank you for your time.

Honorably,
Batz. Borte-Suul
Last edited by Nyssis on Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Once-strong and proud strangeling, now broken upon realization's back!
-----------------------------------[Biography] [History] [Imagination]
Fury_US

Unread post by Fury_US »

An envelope bearing the seal of the Northern Watch and addressed to one Batz. Borte-Sul is left with a young courier, handsomely tipped to ensure the letter delivered to the appropriate hands. Within is a brief reply, written in a crisp, well-trained hand:

To Batz. Borte-Sul,

I have received your inquiry, and your confidence in good health, and with interest.

Let me be the first to say that those of the Northern Watch are no strangers to inglorious pasts, and actions, that if brooded upon, would leave us ever in shame- nor are we strangers to the choice to not let those be the deeds we are remembered by. Ours is no glamorous outpost, nor an easy duty- but I would stand a liar if I did not say the skills you express possessing are the self-same skills I am in desperate need of.

As your message found it's way here to the Bridgefort, I have faith you may find it easily once more. I will gladly meet, and assess your skills if you've wish to offer them. I can be found here in the city if not at the Bridgefort, and a simple sending or a note with pre-arranged time can assure my availability.

Until then, respectfully,
Wren Di'Corvi
Commander, The Northern Watch
Savina Rook- Active
Wren Di'Corvi- Retired
Svabodnik

Unread post by Svabodnik »

For however long it takes one interested to pull the thing free, the flagpole by Bridgefort bearing the banner of the Northern Watch sports now a new accessory. A tightly-rolled missive, pinned by an iron nail, contains the following.
Good tidings and warm greetings,

Talk of the road seems to seed this realm with rumors of a call for military action. In that regard, if this organization finds itself fit to partake in future engagements of a martial matter, and likewise feels itself short of blades to call onto the battlefield, I offer my own.

I will halt for rest at the site nearby where this message was left, in due hope that I may meet a representative of the Northern Watch to further discuss concerns which may stem from my offer.

Sincerely,
Lloyd Meshrunner
For some stretch of time since the letter was left, a man clad in a combination of purple robes and full-plate-harness could be seen occasionally by the campsite outside Bridgefort. Casually running a whetstone across the edge of a sword, he offers naught but brief greeting to anyone besides someone serving as a speaker for the Northern Watch.
"...I know that kind of man / It's hard to hold the hand of anyone / Who is reaching for the sky just to surrender..." – Leonard Cohen, The Stranger Song
Fury_US

Unread post by Fury_US »

The silver haired half elf would blink in surprise to find yet another missive within the camp, and once more as eyes scan over the contents. A husky "...Huh", would be the only sound offered, before she entered the dilapidated tower in order to pen a response, which she would then see fit to deliver to the nearby camp-

Well met to you, Mr. Meshrunner,

Indeed the region you stand stands imminently poised on the cusp of military engagement, and those of able body and understanding of the arts of war are in high demand. As our small company is tasked to keep watch upon these roads and lands, I would be remiss to let such an offer slip by without at least making meet, and for us each to assess the other. You may return to the camp at your leisure, and if I am not present word left with any Watchmen, or a sending if you've the capability, will easily reach me.

Respectfully,
Wren Di'Corvi
Commander, The Northern Watch
Savina Rook- Active
Wren Di'Corvi- Retired
Nyssis

Unread post by Nyssis »

A new missive, as similar in both make and formality as its predecessor, is delivered to the Bridgefort camp posthaste. This one may be markedly shorter than before, but it carries no less weight by the author's chosen word.

Esteemed Commander of the Northern Watch,

Full glad am I that my curiosities have reached you favorably. If it is of no impediment, my preference is to remain closeby the site of the palace district altercation until any new proclamation has been made public.

I will endeavor, in the fortnight from this message's delivery date, to locate your presence within the city. Elsewise, I am found nearest the House of Tymora when at leisure, and recognizable by my half-blooded appearance and a green sash about my waist.

In entertaining these letters with an open mind, you have outshone the shadow of my many failings. For that --- irrespective of whether anything becomes of this, irrespective of whatever use or disuse I lay claim to in the future --- I am grateful.

Honorably,
Batz. Borte-Suul
Last edited by Nyssis on Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Once-strong and proud strangeling, now broken upon realization's back!
-----------------------------------[Biography] [History] [Imagination]
TarnishedSoul
Retired Staff

Unread post by TarnishedSoul »

A sealed missive addressed to "Commander Wren Di'Corvi Blackthorne" makes its way to the encampment near Soubar.
The point of origin shows as "Office of the Guide, Candlekeep."
(( PM sent! ))
Fury_US

Unread post by Fury_US »

The received missive is scanned no further than the opening salutation before it's refolded and tossed aside, the Commander's attention bent to the ever growing list of reports that need both read and written.
Savina Rook- Active
Wren Di'Corvi- Retired
ValerieJean
Custom Content

Unread post by ValerieJean »

Though it may be known to few an eye or ear, an Elf often remains watching over the camp from within the Shadows she is so used to being wrapped within. Her ever watchful gaze drifts over those who venture into the camp whether they be alone or with others.
Radrilla Imrae Helvi'viir
Gaven Arkalis
Micar'vilchi Illiathor - Dhaerowathi (Drow Bane)
Mia
Donamira
BDobolina

Unread post by BDobolina »

A letter arrives by courier to the camp of the Northern Watch, marked simply and addressed to Batz. Borte-Suul.

The envelope appears to have made a long journey, but remains secured by a golden wax seal, depicting a trout imposed upon a stack of coins. Inside is a letter penned upon high quality parchment, it too bearing the same seal.

Hidden: show
Jackard Marks - Waukeenar Merchant of Tethyr - "The bold find the gold, the careful keep it - and the timid yield it up."
RedLancer

Unread post by RedLancer »

A letter, marked for Commander Di'Corvi, arrives by courier. Its bearer does not linger for reply. (PM sent)

Return to “Sword Coast Roleplay”