BGTSCC Discord BGTSCC IRC

Server Address: game.bgtscc.net
16/96
Last counter update:
2018-10-20 08:49:25

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Baldur's Gate Herald Issues (Newspaper)
Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:24 pm 

Baldur's Gate Herald

Whether purchased, borrowed, or stolen, the Baldur's Gate Herald would begin slowly making its way around the Coast...

The Shelf of Many Books, Sword Coast Commercial Exchange, the Temple of Ilmater, Pathfinder Hall and Candlekeep have every issue published for anyone who wish to catch up on 'old' news.

Whoever might have a copy end up in their hands would see the following:

(( "Complete" pdf featuring all issues from Vol 1/2 available: https://drive.google.com/open?id=17Q8jK ... GSS2-Pomxm ))

Vol 2 Issue 6 (last issue and final issue):
Quote:

Vol 2 Issue 5:

Vol 2 Issue 4:

Vol 2 Issue 3:

Vol 2 Issue 2:

Vol 2 Issue 1:

Volume 1:

Vol 1 Issue 12:

Vol 1 Issue 11:

Vol 1 Issue 10:

Vol 1 Issue 9:

Vol 1 Issue 8:

Vol 1 Issue 7:

Vol 1 Issue 6:

Vol 1 Issue 5:

Vol 1 Issue 4:

Vol 1 Issue 3:

Vol 1 Issue 2:

Vol 1 Issue 1:

Last edited by The Herald on Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:32 pm, edited 25 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Baldur's Gate Herald Issues
Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:45 pm 
Global Admin

Endelyon would saunter through the streets of Baldur's Gate towards the Temple of Mystra, eyeing her own work within one of several copies of the Herald she had on hand. She would leave several copies of the Herald there along with a note addressed to Aeili Azenci:

"Dearest Aeili,

I hope you enjoy seeing your work in print. Remind me the next time we play dice that I owe you a drink. I brought you a few extra copies to give to Mr. Cain and whoever else might want them. I'd stay and wait for you but I have Heralds to sell. I hope to see you soon.

Safe travels until our paths cross next."

Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:27 pm 

Shortly after the debut of The Baldur's Gate Herald, a case of Dragon's Breath is sent to the Shelf of Many Books. The liquor is accompanied by a note.

Founder of: The White Mask Theater
(Former) Director of: The Performers Guild
(Former) Publisher and Editor of: The Baldur's Gate Gazette

[ Biography ]

Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:30 pm 

Jon sits at his usual table in the Shelf of Many Books, eyeing the closed issue of the Herald in front of him somewhat nervously. He shifts in his chair several times, his eyes fixed on the issue the entire time. Several minutes later he finally picks it up and flips the first page open, leaning back in his chair. As he continues to flip page after page, the nervous expression on his face slowly fades away, replaced by a satisfied smile.

---

Jon eyes the delivery man carrying a case of liquor and a note curiously. He hands him a coin for his troubles and opens a bottle of Dragon's Breath, pouring himself a glass, then picks up the note and reads it. He smiles at the words and strolls out of the building, returning half an hour later with the most expensive bottle of Neverwinter Icewine he could find at Helm & Cloak. He then sits down and pens a note in response which he has delivered to Blade and Stars Inn to Selis Vhaire along with the bottle of wine.

Dear Clanae

I thank you for your wishes and compliments. I apologize for not sending you a congratulatory note for your own first issue of the new Gazzette, my life has been somewhat hectic over the last tenday as we had an enormous job to do. If I am to be honest, I was upset when you refused our offer. Not because of the fierce competition that would surely come my way, but because I knew that we lost an opportunity to work with such a talented writer and editor. The competition will bring the best out of both of us, I am sure of that. Next time we have a chance meet at the Elfsong Tavern, I am proclaiming an impromptu celebration and free drinks for anyone present as a way to mark both of our fresh starts.

Kind Regards
Jon Arrington

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:33 pm 

Free issues of The Baldur's Gate Herald EXTRA! edition can be seen being delivered to local street vendors in Baldur's Gate, Beregost and Nashkel with the ones in Beregost receiving quite a few extra issues.

http://imgur.com/68aMJqi

Hidden: show
TWO FOUND DEAD IN BEREGOST

By Jorah Roth

After months without violence or bloodshed, two have been found dead in Beregost within a single span. The bodies of two unidentified gnomes who apparently died of cleaver wounds to the torso were found separately three days apart by townspeople who alerted area adventurers.

The first body was found near Travenhurst Manor on the 15th of Uktar by an unidentified man who alerted the Church of Lathander, which sent Commander Eldarian Al’maire to investigate. Commander Al’maire told the Herald he found the gnome deceased upon his arrival and, with the assistance of Lady Cecilia Lafayette, conveyed the body to the temple for burial and alerted the authorities.

The second body was found on the 17th of Uktar just outside of the Beregost town fence near the Thunderhammer Smithy by an unidentified woman who alerted two adventurers before leaving the scene. The body appeared to have a deep cleaver wound in its torso, a circumstance which Commander Al’maire confirmed was shared with the first body found. Reader Za’than Za’amal of Candlekeep, one of the adventurers examining the scene, indicated that the wound was on the gnome’s back. After attempting unsuccessfully to raise the gnome, the local garrison was summoned to deal with the body.

“If there is a killer out there, we will find him, we will bring him to justice,” said Sheriff de Oca of the Amn Guard when asked for comment on the discovery of the bodies.

When asked if he had any leads, Sheriff de Oca indicated that it is not his department’s policy to comment on ongoing investigations, but he did ask that the public report anything suspicious they might see. “The local Amnian authorities stand vigilant against any uptick in crime,” said de Oca, but he recommended caution and vigilance for all in Beregost.

The discovery of the two bodies marks the first open indication of violence since the Amnian garrison returned to Beregost. “Until this week I had not even heard of a murder in town for some time since the Amnian authorities cracked down on crime here hard,” said Taerom "Thunderhammer" Fuiruim.

"I feel something is brewing in the streets of Beregost," said Commander Al’maire when asked if he felt that the town was changing, but he stressed that those in need can always seek help from the Church of Lathander. "I want people to know that myself and the temple are here for the people of Beregost and will be, no matter what happens.”

Make sure to check our monthly edition for continuing coverage of this story!

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:30 am 
Quality Control

Laitae picks up one of the issues of the Herald when visiting the Temple of Mystra. A frown forms on her face when she reads page seven, though it slowly disappears as she reads down the next page. In the end, all she offers is a draw-out sigh.

"Assumptions, inaccuracies..." she mumbles before looking at the priestess in the temple. "These people would make poor scholars." She turns to leave the temple, looking over her shoulder at Neela. "A clear reason to not believe everything one reads. Mystra's grace, Neela." she says, departing the temple.

Free music:
http://soundcloud.com/progressionmusic/sets/luna

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:56 pm 

(((OOC Very nice, thank you!

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:23 pm 

"Oh Elly . . ." Llywelyn carefully sat the debut issue of the Herald back atop the table. ". . . I really am proud of you."

The one-eyed knight rested beside a large, low-lying table in a small, carefully-appointed house. He wore none of the heavy, golden armor he was so fond of being seen in. He had settled instead for a simple white tunic and a pair of slightly-baggy trousers.

The décor surrounding him was vaguely reminiscent of Calimshan, with pillows on the ground instead of proper chairs, and it was these pillows he was reclined against. A few more northerly touches here and there kept the place still-familiar to the locals.

It wasn't his house, but it was fast becoming his home.

Reaching for his cup of now-cold tea, forgotten while reading the massive periodical, Llywelyn eyes the front page with an affable smile. A sip of the bitter, over-steeped tea does little to sour his expression.

"They really should figure out how to spell my name if they're going to write so much about me though . . ." His expression settles into a more natural humor, before the man rises. He'd spent too much time idle as it was. For the man who would rebuild Triel? There was still plenty of work to be done.

(( An amazing publication, all of you! Really really great work! I hope you've been getting tons of PMs saying so? This is truly a powerful tool for increasing immersion. I eagerly look forward to next month's issue. (As does my character!) ))

-|- 1638-1715 -|-

Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:45 pm 

(( Vol1 Issue2 released, enjoy it! ))

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:20 am 
Global Admin

Free issues of The Baldur's Gate Herald EXTRA! edition can be seen being delivered to local street vendors in Baldur's Gate, Beregost and Nashkel, along with copies of the Temple of Ilmater's poster.

http://i.imgur.com/bv76ZPm.jpg

Hidden: show
An Effort to Aid
by Endelyon

(Artist depiction of caravan departing Soubar)

Things have been increasingly difficult for the village of Soubar in the past, and their problems have only seemed to increase tenfold in the time following the destruction of Triel. According to some, Soubar seems to be a mostly lawless place, whose people rely on caravan traffic as their only legitimate source of income. That traffic has become less stable in the time following the destruction of Triel, and banditry in the region seemed at an all time high. That all changed a tenday ago, following an attack on the village, purportedly at the hands of Elturel’s infamous Hellriders. In the words of Baldur’s Gate’s own Ameris Santraeger:

“Soubar has suffered much in recent years; made plaything by outside powers and ravaged by orc-bred plague. Souls sank into despair and it became a haven for banditry, in many cases born of desperation. The Hellriders of Elturel have put an end to banditry. Fire and sword have slain the iniquitous and mistakenly those merely suffering alike. The souls who remain are impoverished, without supplies without gainful employ. They are no bandits, but they are in need.”

Though there has been some skepticism at the rumors that the Hellriders were indeed responsible for the attack, some even speculating that it might have been orchestrated by some other group entirely in an attempt to discredit Elturel. What remains certain is that in the circumstances the village has been left in now will only lead it to the same situation and cycle of despair that its residents have gone through time and time again. The Temple of Ilmater is spearheading an effort to provide the village with relief and aid by collecting donations from those who can afford to give generously so that a caravan might be arranged with food, clothing, and the basic necessities for living, things that will help them greatly with the winter months ahead. The caravan would remain in place until such time that the villagers seemed able to move forward without it.

The subject was brought to light at the last meeting of the Foreign Exchange Committee, and while none seemed to agree exactly upon any course of long-term action, there was one statement that no one could disagree with: Soubar has needed our support since the day Triel fell to the orcs. There are a handful of innocent people now living in the aftermath of these events without hope, and many will die needlessly in the months ahead if we cannot offer them our compassion.

Donations may be brought to the Temple of Ilmater, in the east district of Baldur’s Gate.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:02 am 
Area Designer

An errand boy is seen departing from the Song of the Morning. His final steps leave him in front of the Shelf of Many Books after a long journey.

He quietly darts inside and looks for a man with the description of Jon.

[[ PM Sent. ]]

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:29 am 
Global Admin

The next morning, an Extra Edition of the Baldur's Gate Herald would be make its way into the hands of the citizens, being distributed free of charge by street urchins throughout the city.

(( Higher quality version at http://i.imgur.com/4aK6P9p.png if you have any trouble reading it ))

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:17 am 

(( Vol 1 Issue 3 released, enjoy it! Links updated in the top post! ))

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:33 am 
Global Admin

A rather large "Extra" Edition of the Herald, an article written by Dave Counterpunch, would begin circulating in Baldur's Gate and the south early that morning. Given the size, this would be the first extra edition to come with a price tag: one silver.

Cost of distribution, and all.

IMGUR album: http://imgur.com/a/QA5JO#0
PDF: https://mega.co.nz/#!1ZoTnTpT!DFHHCYvOC ... rYO3D-HR7g

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:13 pm 

(((OOC thank you, once again :)