Rocky Creek Trade Company - Rumors & Roleplay

In-Character News, Laws, Announcements, Rumors, and Stories Relating to the Sword Coast

Moderators: Moderator, DM

BDobolina

Re: Rocky Creek Trade Company

Unread post by BDobolina »

Subject: Cry the Wares - Rumors and Events for Merchants and Trade [RP]
BDobolina wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:45 am Handbills are passed freely to patrons of the taverns and festhalls, and another sent via courier to the proprietor of the White Mask Theatre in Baldur's Gate.
Jackard Marks - Waukeenar Merchant of Tethyr - "The bold find the gold, the careful keep it - and the timid yield it up."
ugljesa94

Unread post by ugljesa94 »

A man dressed in furs and chain is seen approaching the notice board at the Friendly Arms Inn.
"What's this? A hundred mandibles for 10,000 gold coins? Damn, that's gonna put some meat on the table."
He's seen unsheathing both of his blades, sharpening them till they're as keen as razors and venturing off into the dark, misty Cloakwood. People would identify this man as Thoren Longstrider, a warrior from or around Neverwinter.
Miyuki

Unread post by Miyuki »

A woman dressed in Blue looks at the search for bardes and songs. Leaves a message pinned to the board, along with a Tymoran lucky coin as a seal on it.

Ladies and gentlemen from the Rocky Creek,

I have quite a collection of songs and I’m able to write new ones if something more individual is wanted. Also I offer other bardic and clerical services.

Just look for a woman in blue and silver. Find me at the FAI if you want. Your call, your self fulfillment.

Good luck to you
Freya
Self-confessed tkl tool denier!

Freya Evans, Lucky Maiden and Bardess on the path of Tymora [Bio] [Journal] - "Luck isn’t only random. The best Luck is what we make for ourselves."
BDobolina

Those crossing the Chionthar river a day or two past, may have witnessed former agents of Rocky Creek, Arorn and Lyra, turning in their Rocky Creek Trade Company pin to Jackard and Solomon, there in the middle of the road.

Shortly after a missive would be sent, a minor brief on the end of a standard greeting, order dispatch, or update, to each of their mercantile contacts and known allies:

"Arorn Sandborn and Lyra Roofshadow, former agents, are no longer in the employ of Rocky Creek Trade Company."
Last edited by BDobolina on Sun May 17, 2020 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jackard Marks - Waukeenar Merchant of Tethyr - "The bold find the gold, the careful keep it - and the timid yield it up."
ugljesa94

Unread post by ugljesa94 »

A large half orc dressed in mail and studded leather is seen approaching Greenrest. Slung over his right shoulder a sizable brownish sack with dried blood at the bottom. His boots show signs of what would be massive webs, tangled across his feet all the way to his knees. The head of his warhammer seems to be specked with green blood and there appears to be a dent in the weapon. The guards stop him at the gates and inquire about the contents of the bag. After taking the bag down and looking into it, one of the guards almost vomits! After a short conversation, which looked like an explanation given by the half orc, the guards finally let him in.After introducing himself as Logrum, he's seen walking around Greenrest asking for Jackard of the Rocky Creek Trade Company. Apparently, the half orc is a bounty hunter of sorts and has collected a rather sizable amount of monstrous spider mandibles, fifty to be precise. He patiently waits for the arrival of Mister Jackard, with a fulfilled smile on his face.

// OOC Yes, I have collected fifty ( 50) spider mandibles, they are hard to come by since you get 1 per like 5 spiders. Also looking for employment and some nice rp, hope to see you around!
BDobolina

Asking around, Logrum may come across one of several employees of Rocky Creek. A drayman, resting near the well, may tell Logrum that Jackard is attending business, but expected to return within the day. He motions toward the gory sack with a nod, and explains that Mr Marks should pay well for such a haul.

//I will be online later. I will look for you online and shoot a PM your way to try to arrange a meeting.

ugljesa94 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:23 am A large half orc dressed in mail and studded leather is seen approaching Greenrest. Slung over his right shoulder a sizable brownish sack with dried blood at the bottom. His boots show signs of what would be massive webs, tangled across his feet all the way to his knees. The head of his warhammer seems to be specked with green blood and there appears to be a dent in the weapon. The guards stop him at the gates and inquire about the contents of the bag. After taking the bag down and looking into it, one of the guards almost vomits! After a short conversation, which looked like an explanation given by the half orc, the guards finally let him in.After introducing himself as Logrum, he's seen walking around Greenrest asking for Jackard of the Rocky Creek Trade Company. Apparently, the half orc is a bounty hunter of sorts and has collected a rather sizable amount of monstrous spider mandibles, fifty to be precise. He patiently waits for the arrival of Mister Jackard, with a fulfilled smile on his face.

// OOC Yes, I have collected fifty ( 50) spider mandibles, they are hard to come by since you get 1 per like 5 spiders. Also looking for employment and some nice rp, hope to see you around!
BDobolina

While Jackard has been seen discussing work with several folks of late, only a handful them returned with goods in hand. He makes a point of mentioning this to his market representatives along the coast, and has them keep an eye out for the missing retainers. Jackard himself stays in Greenest as often as is possible, tending to the final construction on the caravan waystop.

///if you've reached out and tried to make contact off-hours (several of you!), my apologies for the difficulty in reaching me. Between building the guild hall in the toolset, RL obligations, and the ramp up to the pandemic, play time has been severely curtailed. I will now be home for the most part for the next month as we ride out the isolation, so I can jump on to RP as needed, any time. Thank you!
delusional

Unread post by delusional »

-A missive deliver-

"
To whom it may concern,

I believe I have in my possession something that might be of value you to you. We should schedule a meeting. I will be staying at Inn in Greenest for the time being. I look forward to hearing from you.

"Signed"
Nick Benson
"
Samson Arbuckle
Thomas Ganderwynn - (Somewhere doing something... or retired)
Nicholas Benson
BDobolina

delusional wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:21 am -A missive deliver-

"
To whom it may concern,

I believe I have in my possession something that might be of value you to you. We should schedule a meeting. I will be staying at Inn in Greenest for the time being. I look forward to hearing from you.

"Signed"
Nick Benson
"
Jackard, upon returning to Greenest from a trip to the Gate, recieved the letter and begins looking around the village for Mr. Benson. If he is unable to find him, he would leave word at Orniff's to seek him out immediately should the writer return.

///look forward to RPing with you. Let me know a good time (you can shoot a PM if you prefer) and I will do my best to be there.
BDobolina

Re: Rocky Creek Trade Company - Rumors & Roleplay

Several rumors may be easily overheard for those active in the markets of Greenest and Baldur's Gate:

Jackard Marks may have been overheard speaking with members of various factions about an expedition of some sort. What, exactly, they are planning likely remains elusive though 'gem mines', 'grave danger', and 'soon' are common themes.

~~~~~~~

Rocky Creek has been entertaining visitors within Greenest over the last tenday. A woman appearing from the far east with her hin ally, a pair of freshly-equipped young men, and an old man in robes all have been seen in Orniff's on their dime.

~~~~~~~

Missives have been sent to their various contacts and associates, with substantial rewards paid for information leading to desired resources. These are one-off requests, outside of their normal system of bounties and include rare ingredients of the forest, and parchment of the highest quality.
Deragnost

Unread post by Deragnost »

It is rumored that a bulky and armored man went to Greenest, looking for the Rocky Creek Company.
Not much was said about his visit, except that he was there for business.
Eventually, he would have delivered a letter for them and - as he appeared, he went off.
No actual name was offered, except for his profession: Mercenary and Bounty Hunter.
If more was written on the letter, that is known only to the Trading Company... for now.

[pm sent!]
Rose Wintertal , Itinerant Minstrel, Troublemaker, Administrator of the Phoenix Company and The Run a Rig owner!

Trissae Baeniryn , Yatharil
BDobolina

It had been some time, well more than he had initially intended. He had kept in contact with his network through couriers and letters sent, but he still felt nearly as a stranger entering a new land as the caravan crawled its way up the Uldoon from Nashkel, approaching his home of Greenest.

A sigh escaped him when he thought of the tasks ahead of him. He had made contacts in his travels, he had fresh ideas, and it was a welcomed respite from the troubles he'd left behind.. but the work ahead was daunting, even to a man born and bred for it.

His first task, a Purple Hill Cider with Orniff, to catch up on the news. The second, to reach out to a few special contacts that he'd hoped were still in the area. The third, fourth, and fifth tasks pressed upon him like worn wooden wheels pressed into muddied ruts.

His father had always said, "Coin grows upon the trees of Patience." Another sigh escaped him as the wagon bounced down the trail.
BDobolina

They've been found, Mister Marks. One was well into his cups, but they both agreed to meet with you to discuss your plan.

A smile crept across his face. He had been hopeful, but there were always pangs of doubt lingering in the salty merchant's mind. He had left these two in the wind, after all, as he secured foreign trade. They could have easily abandoned him. Signed on elsewhere. Left for greener pastures. But they hadn't, and that pleased him more than a wide margin on a standing order. As he sipped from his cup and tipped the courier, another saying of his father's crossed his mind...

"You aren't wealthy until you have something coin can't buy, Jackard. Loyalty."
BDobolina

Recent rumors may include either of the following:

- Jackard has sent word through several couriers to Baldur's Gate, in an effort to reach out to one named 'Daigon'. It is though that Daigon is either a guard or mercenary of sorts and may already have ties to Rocky Creek, and may be being recalled for one reason or another.

- A wagon is being prepared and loaded in Greenest with luxury foodstuffs, fine wine, and an assortment of delectable delicacies from throughout the Sword Coast. The name 'Vanders' was mentioned, but it is unknown at this time where the wagon may be headed, or if it will leave at all.
BDobolina

- Wagons bearing the 'trout and coin' symbol of Rocky Creek could be witnessed venturing either to or from the fort at old Triel.

- More of Rocky Creek's retainers would be present in Greenest than usual the last few days, as if they are being recalled temporarily. The little over a dozen draymen, scouts, riders, and agents seem cheerful and upbeat. Perhaps it has something to do with the nearly complete construction of their warehouse and headquarters.

Return to “Sword Coast Roleplay”