The Broken Goblet

In-Character News, Laws, Announcements, Rumors, and Stories Relating to the Sword Coast

Moderators: Moderator, DM

selhan
Custom Content

Re: The Broken Goblet

Unread post by selhan »

Exhausted

“I don’t trust anybody. Not anybody.
And the more that I care about someone,
the more I realize I shouldn't trust them.”

When a person is drained of physical or mental resources, there's only one word that describes such a state. Some will say simply they are "very" tired. But I say to you, avoid using the word "very" because it’s lazy. A man is not very tired, he is plainly exhausted. Just like when a man claims he is "very" sad, he is not "very" sad, he's morose.

I would consider myself a very busy man. And yes I tired, tired with nothing, tired with everything, tired with the world’s weight I had never chosen to bear, or at least tis how I feel some times. I have been called old a few times, and in truth I am not. But I have begun to feel like it within my heart of hearts. I feel thin and stretched, like butter that is scraped over too much bread.

But what I started at the Broken Goblet is not something I can simply walk away from. I've made the Shore' my home. Pirate or not, crew or not, ship or not, it's where I live. Some dislike that I made it my home, but their dislike is futile. They only problem I do have, is some patrons cant come to the Shore, and they will never again get a chance to bring one of the delectable goblets to their lips. I had use to think that was a problem that I had to solve, but later I had found the truth. Tis not a problem for me to fix. Tis a problem for them.

"I'm far exhausted to fix the problems of the world,
and its not how we do things in the Shore'."
“We drink to get drunk, we get drunk to fall asleep, when we fall asleep, we commit no sin, when we commit no sin, we go to the Heaven's."

Bartender of the Broken Goblet - "What's yer Poison?"

Click to find out what time is it for the Bartender
selhan
Custom Content

Unread post by selhan »

Knight of Love

Sune- the greater goddess of beauty and passion was the goddess of beauty in all its forms; whether it be sights, sounds, smells, tastes, and feels, the experience of pleasure was the touch of Sune. The Lady of Love was the goddess of all love, including the more negative aspects like obsessions, murderous passions, and the tragedies that could be born from love,[26] but also of deeper connections, of matches destined and forbidden, as well the transformation of ugliness into beauty.

"People often mistake love for sex to... and just...
forget about familial love, comraderies, compassion, self love."

"Fortunately, the current members of the Sunite Halls aren't Sharessians in denial."

"I... hear it more often than I'd care to, but it is what it is, we take that on the chin, try to address it and move on."

"Shes funny"

"And not redheaded."

"Why you got to go there...."

"Because it's a nice change of pace. More . . . relatable. Down to earth. Believable."

"People often mistake love for sex to... and just... forget about familial love, comraderies, compassion, self love.... not that kind of self love."

"Oh ..ain't no passion like me and me rum . I can promise you that "

"Which is why I made the comparison. When we celebrate sensuality in our feasts, we mean sensations. It does include sex, if that's what one wants. But it does not exclude other forms of sensuality. Food. Music. Sitting quietly."

"Sitting..quietly? That part sounds ..borin"

"Sitting quietly can be nice after a lively evening!"

"Drink ... I can sit quietly to that!"

Sometimes people are beautiful. Not in looks. Not in what they say. Just in what they are. For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run his fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge you’ll never walk alone.

It always seemed so ridiculous to me, that people want to be around someone because they're pretty. That's like picking your drink based off its color and not for its taste and strength. Even a flat drink can look colorful. A goblet from the Broken Goblet often holds a beauty unlike any other tavern. But the goblet themselves don't serve the purpose. It's what's inside the goblet, how it was served, how well did it tastes, how strong was the drink, and did the goblet come with a good conversation?

The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen, nor are they just born. They are molded by the life they had live. Even the darkest, and most scallywag of a person can be beautiful.

If ever one was to ask the bartender of the Broken Goblet, when does he consider a person of beauty he would tell you...

"I've had met many of beautiful people,
"And I don't mean in some holy temples, or out in some pretty little forests..
"I find beautiful folks all the time,
"in the shabby tavern I work at."
"All my memories of those patrons..
"Are some of the most beautiful moments..
"That I had the privilege of experiencin'."
“We drink to get drunk, we get drunk to fall asleep, when we fall asleep, we commit no sin, when we commit no sin, we go to the Heaven's."

selhan
Custom Content

Unread post by selhan »

Memories, Memoirs, and Woe's

"But why do you come here?
It does not appear to be a place you care for much.
It's... uncomfortable for you, yet there you sit."

*Because this area was my beginning, where I was created*

1346 DR

Glimpses of a dark windy night many years ago. The man in black and red leathers stood nearby a tree, his hat pulled off in frustration, expression of anxiety painted on his face. He paced back and forth pondering intently while cursing in a low breath.

"Dammit! Where is she? How does she expect me to finish the task with no coins! None of my replies answered Gah!"

*Suddenly a unfamiliar voice called out for him from behind the tree*

"Psst Sel"

*The man quickly spun on the heel of his boots in the direction of the tree wondering who was the owner of such the unfamiliar voice* "Who goes there?! State your name and business!"

"What did you want?"

"About bloody time, where's the coin, I asked for that a ten day ago!"

"The hooded figure looked at him with a dumbfound expression obviously clueless.*

"What are you talking about?"

"Never you mind forget I said anything..and who the bloody hells are you?"

"You saw me earlier when you came to visit Bael"

"Oh.."

---------------------------

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. However one of the saddest things in life, is the things one remembers. Not all memories are pleasant ones. Some are the stuff of horror, others could be legendary, and sometimes...very rare and few times...they are a bit of both.

"This spot. As long as I remember the fire site has always been here. Still, some people gathered here at times and it was more quiet than the city."

"Often the case.."

1346 DR

The night was cold, he was panting trying to catch his breath, he was bleeding out from the many wounds he suffered. The smell of blood thick in the air attracting the wolves. Too weak to move, to injured to fend off any more wolves. He closed his eyes and simply awaited death to take him. But after a few quiet moments a voice called to him with a mocking tone.

"Psst"

"Who's there...?"

"You don't look so good, your bleedin all over the place" *The laugh was playful yet sinister with mockery*

"Is my death your new found entertainment? What do you want? "

"What I want? Nothing from a dying man that's for sure" *A sinister laugh from a feminent voice*

"Well you could heal me and maybe we can talk properly"

"Help you? Why should I help you, what would be in it for me?"

"State the amount I always repay my debts"

"Amount? " *The laugh grew*

"I no need of your coins boy. But perhaps theres other ways you can repay me. What say you?"

"What are these ways?"

"I dont think your in a position to be askin the questions. So either take my offer, or feed the wolves, I'm pretty sure the smell of your blood is strong in the air"

"Shite...fine...you have a deal"

"Atta boy...you ain't as stupid as you look. Now hold still, this will hurt and we have much to talk about.."

---------------------------

Patience is the antidote to the restless poison of the Ego. Without it we all become ego-maniacal bulls. Destroying our future happiness as we blindly rush in where angels fear to tread. In these out-of-control moments, we bull through the best possible outcomes for our lives, only to return to the scene of the crime later to cry over spilt milk. But when ones reaches to that point, often the case there's no going back to a life once lived. When people want to win they will go to desperate extremes. However, anyone that has already won in life has come to the conclusion that there is no game. There is nothing but learning in this life and it is the only thing we take with us to the grave...knowledge. If they only understood that concept then their hearts wouldn’t break so bad. Jealousy or revenge wouldn’t be their ambition. Stepping on others to raise themselves up wouldn’t be a goal. Competition would be left on the playing field, and freedom from what other people think about you would light the pathway out of a hell.

The bartender of the Broken Goblet would tell his patrons...

"No matter where your boots stop you at, that stop might seem peaceful in your eyes,
but in some past, that spot is another persons bloody nightmare. If not a regrettable memory.
And each time I hear "Psst" that bloody thing always makes my skin crawl"

selhan
Custom Content

Unread post by selhan »

Brimstone and Firestorm

“Let us step into the night,
and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.”

The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.

"...shite.."

"Sel! You're not getting away!"

"Sel!"

"Blimey.."

Sometimes when you wanted to simply relax and have a good drink,
life has a funny way of not letting such pleasures come to you.

Later that night...

"Watch out!"

Hellhounds with flaming orbs for eyes came rushing at the group of adventures. Magic flung, swords bit and sliced, arrows punctured flesh, any and everything that came at them, where soon brought down. The group of adventurers fought their way up the Grey Peaks against Hell Hounds, Beholders, Fire Elementals and the Fire Giants.

Tymora blessed them for their efforts, because the plunder was aplenty. It had seemed they arrived at a proper time. But at the tip of the Peaks. A more formidable foe awaited them. The Fire Giant King himself!. Some adventures slay such beasts for fame, or glory or simply for the plunder. Others seem to have done it for the thrill of the fight!...But sometimes, I just don't really know why some people bother.

"I found fiiine boots, Rosie!"

"Very nice!"

"We're getting rich!"

"Oh a whip!"

"Your favorite toy!"

"I am starting to think he has one with him and he just pretends to find the same one over and over again."

"It's plausible!"

"Wanna find out?"

The adventure didn't end there. There was one more foul beast to take the fight too. The Balor.

"Ready?"

"Ready whenever!"

"I goin for the mage first"

The group charged, the battle heavily engaged, magical weapons unseen before were used to cause the Balor to howl in pain! Magic continuously shot forth sending missiles after missiles! Shields and wards were tested by the powerful might of the Balor. It snarled, it roared, and it cursed! But the group never let up, they fought through the fear, they took the hard hits only to return hits of their own three fold. It was hot, sweat poured from their brows, from the heat, and from the physical efforts to continue the fight until the large Balor was slained!

"Well then, I will take my leave from here"

"Alright. See you Sel!"

"Bye Sel! Thanks for joining us"

"You will be groped when you least expect it!"

"May your dreams be pleasant ones."

The bartender of the Goblet hid his smile. Often times he doesn't show it, but he very much enjoys their company. Then a thought nudged him in the back of his mind. As good as it's been, all fun things will come to an end. One day, he will have to say his final farewell to many faces that frequented the Broken Goblet. But for now, he will continue acting grumpy to the lot, it's always fun doing so.

selhan
Custom Content

Unread post by selhan »

Goblets and Gala's

Wot's this? The Matron of House Divine holdin' anoth'a Gala? Well well and I've been invited! Ha! Times has changed and so is me ways, indeed I will attend and plan to shock the lovely house that will be filled with nobles! And my bloody Bruiser better have his loincloth at the ready!

The bartender grinned and after a fresh bath and a change of to crisp clothes, he bid Captain Pike farewell and only informed he will return as soon as he was able. He wondered what the Gala this year would be like. He's attended one long ago and nearly won the best male dress competition. He remembered the dance with Netanya as well as Isabella. However since this is being held in House Divine, he will make sure not to cause any structural damages for he was quite fond of the Matron of the House and her business reputation. But he still plans to be himself and have fun a Shore' way!

"Huzzah!"

"Why hello darhling"

"Mr. Sel, today you are the The Sniffer"

*Sniffer? Woman your quite lucky for this huge crowd, or I be sniffing that neck line behind such a enticing dress*

"Thank you for wearing such a dress!" *He rapidly raises his brow twice along with a devious grin*

"Hello Sel!"

"Hi Mattie!" *He gives her a friendly hug then once he lets go , he gave a playful tap of her thigh* "Keep it High lass keep it high!"

*She returned the hug and blinked*

"Go entertain your secret love interest in the sofa!"

*He blinked and suddenly coughed wildly ... then glances over by the couch*

I wanted a drink, my throat was parched and I needed my bloody rum!
But I was pulled by the arm to dance with a friend. Buggers!

The bartender of the Broken Goblet spotted his bruiser and gave a wave and the look as if their normal duet of a performance would happen this very night. But something was off, something was wrong, the look on the Bouncer showed he may not be able to preformed as planned. Blasts! And the bartender still had not had his glass of rum! Now he will need to improvise to shock this crowd by himself! He glances around and then he spotted a pair of lovelies in the corner. Hmm...that will have to be the start.

"And here comes trouble." *She chuckles seeing Sel.*
*Baited*

"Trouble?"

*He glances at the two on the sofa keeping to themselves* "Now wot is this? " *He smiles*"Secluded ladies?" *He reaches for Nadines hand and plants a kiss upon it then attempts to do the same to Fierlith but with an added devilish grin*

*Her cheeks immediately turn a light shade of pink as he kisses her hand* "Er-Erm... Pleasure to meet you. My name is Nadine."
*Perfect*

"I know, we've met remember outside of the Halls of Inner light?" *He winks and smiles*

*She leans back a bit, reluctantly having her hand held when it was her turn.*
*Just as planned*

"Hey Vol..the lady next to you is askin if im trouble, what say you?"

"Tons of trouble missy. Don't trust this rogue"

"Bah hes drunk dont pay no attention to him!"

"Drunk already?"

"I wish.. This man got a woman, an he is sniffin around for trouble. *slaps Sel on the chest*
*I love when things go as planned*

*He grumbles and gives a playful elbow at the big bruiser*

"Oh Sel,, ya silly man. He can't think with his brain see, only his manhood. It's gotten him into many sticky situations." *tusky grin*

But not everything goes a planned, but I'm not a man to snivel about it.
I simply adapt because because that's how I've been trained a decade ago,
to see things through my any means necessary.

"Lady Netanya, I need to meet your parents..for gifting you the ability to fit in such a dress!"

*...she looks distracted then looks to Sel* "Perhaps one day a 1000 years from now you'll get that opportunity"

"Careful Netanya, my research is going quite well."*He winks at her playful then makes a biting motion with his mouth*

I've always said, if people are to drink and have fun, then by all means, make it fun. The thing about Nobles is they focus more on standing around looking pretty and talking just as well as they bloody dress. But thats fokin boring in my perspective. These nobles put on more clothing on my minstrel than a bloody clothing line. Not much skinship to see around here. Barely see any thighs. Pfft. Bosoms'..always bosoms' with nobles. Well now that the crowd is starting to go quiet, guess its time to work my way once again to the dance floor and edge towards a Broken Goblet dance . He grins devilishly while glancing back at the pair of pretty women in the corner. He has asked the both of them for a dance..but before he got his answer..a deafening scream was heard and as everyone in the ball room rushed to the cause, blood was on the floor and a woman laid still , a woman known to him. Anger coursed like a raging stream as he quickly glanced around the ball room looking for any signs of the would be culprit. He was intended to cut someone's throat. That was until, he seen his friend move and realize this scene was part of a cleverly created play by the Matron of the House. Clever indeed, it even had my blood boiling. Netanya...so witty that one.

As the Gala continued on, the bartender of the Broken Goblet finally got his dance with the two women. And he was enjoying himself all the while still plotting for his final performance! You see, employees of the Broken Goblet have their own way to have fun in a tavern, just as well as their own style. One of those very styles, is a bartender and his bruiser that will sometimes strip down to their loincloths and dance for the crowd. And if anyone thought they had any shame? Well their from the Shore' they dont.

When it comes to the free men and women in such the lawless place known as Roaringshore, they have no shame, nor care of anyone may think of them.

They will do what freedom allowed them to do, and thats damn near anything.

He left most of the crowd in shock embarrassment, some onlookers averted their eyes, some rolled their eyes, others gawked and grinned while others laugh. A party aint a party without visiting Goblets. When the dance was over, he grabbed his bundle of clothes that he had stripped off, and gave a parting farewell to the crowd but not before slapping his friend on the rump! Patrons would look at the gesture as a lewd rudeness. However in the Shore, such gestures is a show of trusted friendship. Noble blood will never understand.

However one person didnt seem pleased with how the bartender of the Broken Goblet made his known scene. She dared to follow him outside of House Divine to exchange words of her displeasure. Once he seen who the person was, he merely smirked knowing who the woman was. At this point, no matter what words would have came from her lips, it would be disregarded openly.

"You there!"

"Yes?"

" You get back in there and apologize for your rude behavior! I won't tolerate your creepy actions" *She says with venomous anger*

"Rude?" *He barks a laugh* "Lady, tis what expected of me, only sad part was, my partner couldnt remain long enough." *He tips his hat* "Enjoy the evenin hmm?" *He grinned devilishly and spun on his heels and continue to walk off but not before he asked*..."Savvy?"

Such a noble was a clear reminder why the bartender left the Gates in the first place. He was sick of prissy folks that assumed what they thought was of importance to everyone else. Yet such people never had a foking clue, that their mere ideas was utterly pitiful and revolting' as equal to their idiocy mindsets. They believe themselves ravishing, only because others are too nice to tell them how annoying they are. Hells if it wasn't for the Matron of the House, some of these people would had left with redden faces. Rude? Pfft..if anything was rude this night , it was having to endure the presence of some that should have been dead long ago. Some transgressions are never forgotten. If the bartender was ever asked about his rudeness amongst nobles, he would tell you...

"Look here bugger. I'm from the bloody Shore, where men who transgress are hanged and stay hanging until the crows are done picking off their flesh and even with that their bones continue to hang. Where bodies are fed to dogs, where foolish mouths get broken if not removed entirely. If you think I give a bloody kobolds arse about how a noble think of me, then yer nae been pay'n attention. I'd sooner cut their fokin' throats and be done with annoyances if I being honest. But I got a goblets to fill and goblet coin is goblet coin."

((Big props to Netanya for her dedicated rp and hard work to provide Rp to the server , and to all the others who help keep the server persistence alive ))

selhan
Custom Content

Unread post by selhan »

Stranger Day's

The fog filled streets in Roaringshore was normally thick all nights. However it seemed thicker in a very strange way of recent nights. Howling winds, and the smell of sea's assaulted nostrils with a salty coral reef like fragrance. The sounds of growling man eating dogs could be heard off in the distance down paths and alleyways. Business was slow, it had been more slow more often of late. Other than the normal local patrons, only the frequent outsider loyal to the Shore and its Broken Goblet visits for their regular drinks that come in a fine elegance goblet made of blown glass.

Roaringshore was known for being a lawless place, much like the neighboring village of Lathtarl's Lantern to the north. The village was known as a pirate hold and was frequently raided by mercenaries hired by Amn and Baldur's Gate. Rumors speak of an agent of the Harpers claimed the local tavern, the Broken Goblet, was run by mind flayers who used the establishment to gather information about illicit doings occurring around the Sword Coast. The Broken Goblet, was a tavern commonly frequented by pirates and lawless folk.

The Swordarm was an inn that once was a rundown place typical of pirates to frequent until a wizard, Aulyntar Cowlsar decided to renovate it using the life force of three of his apprentices, who could still be seen bound to the ceiling, their faces frozen in horror. Some traveller's Lore say the Swordarm bills itself as a home for those who swing blades for a living.

Most wizards don't care to stay the night within its walls, for mages have a habit of vanishing from even the most securely barred bedchambers. Most folk suspect these disappearing guests were wizards who tried to free the trapped apprentices or tamper with the protective spells of the inn. Most wizards suspect Aulyntar examines every mage under his roof, and destroys those who possess magic he covets. If this is true, he must be very powerful by now.

Naught but half a year ago during the Time of Troubles where the Gods were punished for the theft of the Tablets of Fate, did the Broken Goblet became one of the most sought out place to seek or gather information between the north and south. It welcomed any and all patrons, thus was the taverns policy.

However things may be changing. After the mass sacrifice of elves that were captured by pirates, as well as other sold off to Calmishan slavers, more and more travelers avoid coming to the Pirate Cove known as Roaringshore. Only the bold few, and non elves, continue to frequent the tavern, unless their hearts where not made stern or had a distaste for pirates due to the mass sacrifice. Few elves still continue to try to visit the place that was considered fun and informative but not without risking their necks and their very freedom. Word had recently spread up and down the coast that the Shore was no place for elves. The few elves that did live in the Shore, that are pirates, have even ceased to show their own faces. Business in the Goblet has come to a slow, and the hired bartender is having trouble trying to bring back the booming business that had pleased his boss very much so.

"I must not interfere with the doings of the High Captains, as per orders of Miss Jackie. But their crews are slowing business as well as slowing the information that once flowed like a rapid river. The Quartermaster Garon once said, he wanted to see the Shore thrive of its free men and woman. That is such the belief even I would fight for. It is true when people say, once freedom is tasted, the thirst for it becomes more potent than the strongest drink. Only fools do not see the usefulness of the Broken Goblet. It has been that middle ground for people at odds to sit and parley with a goblet in their hands. The Archdruids mate had finally concluded her long overdue problems that kept her in hiding. The Bone lady has been able to meet with others to pursue business opportunities. Old friends that were separated by locations, religions or creed has been able to meet for once without anyone prying. Even Business deals between the surface and the underdwellers had taken place a few times without incident. A place where wondering minstrels can practice their craft to a hard crowd until their talent becomes perfected. A place where rumor's are often shared and spread. Hmph! It's even a place some couples relationships where fruited from."

"I care not what outsiders think of me and my service to the locals of the Shore', nor will I let what I help build crumble like dust by skeptical local's. I worked too bloody hard and even now, others intend to build houses and shops within the Shore. And I will see it through by any means necessary. We all had a dream to see the Shore thrive, and I intend to make that dream come true for the many patrons that has given me a great fun of a time in this pirate village that nettles in a cove."

((So Sorry for my readers that follow the Goblet Thread, I know some of you have been asking me for posts, but in truth I have been lacking content ingame far as rp and juicy rumors! And with my strict work schedule and oceanic time zone, my evenings are during the servers lowest population hours. Only my weekends am I able to either wake up super early or stay up super late to try to catch the server when 30+ players are online. But please understand that does take a toll on me after awhile. But huzzah! I am not gone from BG and I am still around!))

selhan
Custom Content

Unread post by selhan »

Sweaty Rumors

“There will always be someone willing to hurt you, put you down, gossip about you,
belittle your accomplishments and judge your soul. It is a fact that we all must face.
However, if you realize that your integrity is a best friend that stands beside you when others cast stones you will never be afraid,
never feel worthless and never feel alone.”

A person can always hear rumors. But they can't always know them. Always remember... Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots. In my world a lie can run round the world before the truth has got its boots on.

Pirates : "Did yer hear? That outcast of a tender' up der in the Goblet be protectin three to four elves and sheepheardin dem through the Shore."

Pirates : "Aye, heard he be standin up fer those that ain't welcome to the Shore."

Pirates : "Heard that bugger brutally beat down some of da boys"

Pirates : "Heard it was fifteen to twenty ol em ! Har."

Pirates : "That's wot happens, when we let Outsiders work in da Shore."

When a man fears no ill rumors against him, there's only but two reasons why. The rumors are false, or the rumors that may have been truth got mixed with some tall tales and false words and became jumbled into the truth like a pot of stew and the rumor got cooked into a slop of mess. For the bartender that was the center of ill rumors, surely didn't seem to pay them no attention. He continued every night to report in to Captain Pike and work behind the bar as normal.

Sel: "Capt'n Pike, sorry if business been slowed, but yer have me word, I ain't be sheepheardin nothin nor no one. And I ain't hurt anyone in the Shore. An elf lass who use to frequent the bar only came to the Shore the other night to pass me some scrolls, since the last mage that use to provide me scrolls ain't been around no more. Oh and let the boss know wots been goin on. Best to give the Miss a heads up before furniture starts breakin if yer git my meanin. Oh and Sarah let Capt'n Anglo know I got his message and will meet him on the morrow."

(( ^^ Just so folks dont try to meta too hard, the dialog from the "Pirates" I created didn't happen IC, I merely used DM Ink's Post Here and broke it down in an RP Dialog form to make my post a bit entertaining ^^ Thank you DM Ink for giving me something juicy to work with.))

selhan
Custom Content

Unread post by selhan »

You Get Wot Ye Ask Fer'

“People who claim that they're evil are usually no worse than the rest of us...
It's people who claim that they're good, or any way better than the rest of us,
that you have to be wary of.”

Sometimes a curious mind, can be quite troublesome, even frustrating. The temptations of wonder leads men and woman to beyond what their mere eyes can see. Sometimes being insightful can be helpful. But to those that have secrets, its bloody bothersome.

The bartender of the Broken Goblet is a man who never gives up. Business might had been slowed with some displeased pirates, but he had a job to so and he does it well. He set out the purple light just outside the tavern to indicate that he was in. And it wasn't long that patrons and travelers from the deep started to pour in. If there was one thing known about the bartender of the Broken Goblet, it was he surely knew how to bring in patrons one way or another.

"Hey, the fok wrong with yer tail? Been heavily bleedin out yer arse or sumthin?"

"Eh? Wha' yeh What the fok! That wasn't.. like that yesta'day or the day befo'.. I've been drinkin' hah!"

"Best be careful were ye be sittin on then"

"A cactus is a poor choice."

"Cactus..? Woman sometimes yer mind is really fokin worries me"

"Yer just gon' stand there or order a bloody drink?"

"I'm still .... mind blown why my tails red.. A rum please Selly"

"Theres the big fella! We was just talkin' about sexy hunk o' men."

"And how much this bar needs some."

"Well look no further. Now the bar is filled and overflowing with masculinity."

"Yeah I bring in woman that bites arse cheeks, make use of em will ya. And dont ask about Reds tail....its still a bloody mystery"

"Bloody, anyway."

The night was early and already patrons where drunk, some too drunk for their own good. The tavern was filled with laughter and jokes and bickery. And each time some patrons left the Broken Goblet, more arrived. Even one threatening. But this was not your ordinary tavern. If a patron comes in to the Goblet thinking to threaten pirates or employees, threats will be returned with a smile upon faces. After all, this was the Shore, pile of bodies is a normal thing. As well as hanging bodies that are never taken down.

"I asked around "jaluk" you know are frequently here I have a problem with spilled elf blood you are going to tell me who did it. Or I am going to cut out your tongue, jam it down your throat, plant my boot squarely between your legs so you throw it back up and do it all over again"

*He glares into the Drows eyes and smirks* "I aint tellin yer shite. But I will tell the guards to remove yer pretty little arse from the tavern cause if yer thinkin to come in here threaten the staff, that be a Shore' way to get yer throat cut"

"I am sure you see lots of things. You are looking out for your own neck"

"I've seen many things for a mere human. Care far less. Sleep better at night"

"You couldn't handle me"

"Wouldn't be the first drow.." *Grins*

"My old mate couldn't handle me either. week minded idiot, and he was a Tanari"

"Was he a tall dark handsome cheeky bartender? Don't think so."

*spits on the floor* "In the strange interest of truth, I find you infuriating, want to know why?"

"Do tell I'm burning with curiosity"

"You aren't afraid of me"

"Anything pretty, I surely not afraid of, even if it could be the death of me. Besides. It be fokin boring otherwise."

---------------

"....I haven't seen anyone as vicious as her in my travels."

"I fear nothing that bleeds. Cause if they bleed, it means they can die. "

"Her reactions were enjoyin. I'm sure she's just being prideful."

But as entertaining as the day was, something deeply troubled the bartender in the back of his mind, and it was trying hard to suppress such worry. It was always said some of our deepest or darkest of secrets can be revealed someday. The bartender just didn't it would be like this...

"Rose, what was the name of that guy that was asking for, Sel? The one with the horns, wings, and tail!"

"Wings? Umm...wot would someone with wings ...be looking for me..for?"

"I don't know! You tell us."

"What did he talk about Yarns? It was so confusing."

"Do I look like I'm some seamstress?...."

"I don't know! Apparently."

"Where did you meet this ... wing fella?"

"It was next to Soubar, on the road toward Fort Prominence."

"And yall just had a casual conversation?"

"He was rather threatening and I was ready to kill it - but I doubt a winged person walks around on its own. Rather demanding in fact. "Bring me Sel and the Yondalla's Yarns" or whatever."

"What the fok is Yondalla's Yarns?"

*She eyes Sel with a* "Do we look stupid", *kind of look* "A bartender from the Broken Goblet still has a poster hanging concerning it?"

"Wot bloody Poster?"

"But yeah, there was also a poster in Soubar, on the board, asking information's about the Yondalla's Yarns."

"You signed it Sel"

"Look I been busy with personal stuff, ....OH that stuff!... Someone needed help with finding something but I surely aint know what it was..never found it , hells I aint even know what the person was lookin for."

"Uh huh"

"What the fok i be interested in some halfing string?"

"Why are you interested in some halfling string?"

"Then why the winged being came to us, telling us to bring you to them?"

"So what kind of pact did you make with him?"

"Do I look like I make pacts with wing things?"

"I don't think you're stupid enough to sign a contract. But maybe having some deals to the side - I give, so you give, maybe."

"So you don't know any Yhogovolish?"

The timing of a entering patron couldn't have been better. These two knowing that he had something to do with the Devil, suddenly mad things complicating. He needed time with all the questions...and the incoming drow gave just that.

selhan
Custom Content

Unread post by selhan »

Returns

"Every long separation is a test,
A test to see how powerful or how weak the will of reuniting is.."

"I have been in constant torment, wanting you in my arms and believing it would never be possible. I want you for a thousand reasons...no ..dammit.. I want you for no reason at all, other than the fact that you're you.
I want morning and noon and nightfall with you. I want your tears, your smiles, your kisses...the smell of your hair, the taste of your skin, the touch of your breath on my face. I want to see you in the final hour of my life...to lie in your arms as I take my last breath."

When such a statement is made by ones self, how deep does such passion dwell within the hot blood of desires? The longing, the urges, the wanting, the need. In all things in life, it can be said we go through the test of Will. Holding on to what you consider dear, yet trying not to fall into temptations that could make you neglect your grasp. When the very fabrics of your Will is torn and clawed at, making you scream in that silent agony. The frustration can be overwhelming, time is your enemy or your savior.

“The longer we spent together, the more she discovered about me. The things I didn't want her to know. Maybe I do care, maybe I really don't, perhaps it is an act, perhaps it's not an act at all. Maybe... just maybe I am a selective scoundrel. Regardless however, some doors you just don't want to open because what you might find can change your world.”

selhan
Custom Content

Unread post by selhan »

Calm Sea's

The oceans winds howl bringing in the smell of the salty sea's. Low tones of slurred speech and the swallow's of ale and rum can be faintly heard in the Broken Goblet. A few patrons sit in idle chats, some with stories to tell, few with rumors, but mostly talks of great finds, and ships pirated. Still hearing the whispers of words like "Outsider" never went unnoticed. However still the bartender continues returning to work, but far less than before. The motivation was feint, the patrons trickle, but partly because, the bartenders been elsewhere, in preparation for his new side employment within the Gate.

Allowing whispers and rumors to carry the word of his employment in the Undercellar, was a tactful means. Getting the word spread was the start. Preparing the bar there came next. All in due time, he would see his efforts bare fruit. Did it mean he would soon leave the Shore'? Never. He's grown a love for the Shore, and met many of pirates and other travelers and he will never forget the stories told, and the stories created.

Some wondering minds, would question as to the bartenders whereabouts. Captain Pike would only say that he had stepped out. He knew many adventurers were investigating the things of werewolves and other things that creates unrest. But now was not the time to establish his network of information. Nor was it time to get involved. He had his own problems, his own dealings. And some of his doings were far more important to him. Any many or woman with morals, tend to live by a certain belief, a certain code. Some would think, morals were merely an excuse to simply care in something.

"Standing behind the bar has never been so calm in my experienced. When the sea's are calm, I wonder do pirates take the moment to relax upon a voyage? The Broken Goblet is surely just like a calm sea at the moment. It gives me time to think, gives me time to think. But I do miss the talks, the laughs, the conversations. I start to miss when Gods were dying, for those days, where better days. No, it may not have been good days for others, but like me, the death of Gods, where profitable to me. Hmph!, our world is funny... why does it seem that only when some catastrophic event occurs, people tend to be lively? Yet people would ridicule they ways of Roaringshore when them their very selves, would have an exciting gleam in their eyes when the world is threaten. Well then, my sea's are calm...for now. And I know what people say about when the world seems quite. A storm is soon to follow."

"And I will bloody weather through it each and every bloody time."

selhan
Custom Content

Unread post by selhan »

Enduring

“You never really know what's coming. A small wave, or maybe a big one.
All you can really do is hope that when it comes, you can surf over it,
instead of drown in its monstrosity.”

Leather boots step onto the planks along with a steady confident gaze. Roaringshore the place was called, The Shore' was another name, Home was also another name for it for ones that brought themselves to love its lawless ways. Idle flat glazes and subtle chin nods where exchanged as the bartender was returning to the Broken Goblet. Some locals would had return the gestures, other would only give scowls or maybe even spit on the ground for their distaste. But the bartender simply kept walking. "Harboring ..Sheephearding Elves?" He whispered under his breath with a smirk. If foolish people are to spread rumors, they should at the very least include some truth to it.

During his time in the Shore, he's had to deal with and serve some of the toughest and brutal crowds. If there's ever one thing in the Shore that teaches a man or a woman something, its how to build a gut of steel. A person needs a strong stomach to live in the Shore. The place where people are left hanging, cheeks are cut off, and dogs that eat man flesh. People die regularly here in the Shore and often when they do, the living simply takes a swig of their drinks in a toast of such the spectacle. This was the Shore and here tough times don't last, tough people do. Events may be horrible or inescapable. Men have always a choice - if not whether, then how, they may endure.

The noticeable thing that caught the bartenders eye was the new faces of Halflings, and Half orcs as well as human ones. New arrivals wanting to make the Roaringshore a place of residence as well as look for work. More people, means more goblets. Perhaps this the opportunity to change the pace of business in the tavern. After all, any and all was welcome to the Goblet, and goblets must be kept filled.

"One thing is fer Shore', I call this place me home and I will continue doing what I do. Garon once said, he wants to see the Shore thrive of free men and woman, Callo once said, she prefers the atmosphere here. I will do my bloody part to pursue to keep such feelings lively. After all, I'm the Slippery Bastard that just doesn't quit"

Deragnost

Unread post by Deragnost »

It was yet another day at the Broken Goblet.
Sel the bartender, this time, was probably busy somewhere else - far away from the Goblet.
However Pike there was always ready to serve drinks to all the thirsty ones. Adventurers came in, and decided to have fun.
Patrons, however, recognized Rose immediately.
And although she had some work to do, she found some time to entertain the patrons - after some very insistent requests.
Point is, those requests are never refused: in fact they're always well-received.
So she braced her lute, and began to sing a few songs for the people. One in particular caught their attention.

I'm on a ship sailing at sea
And when I'm sailing through the storm
At night and courage runs through me

When the lightning falls on the sea
I sometimes feel like running and flee
A little anxious when it's dark

Fear of the storm
Fear of the dark
I have a constant feel that death is always near
Fear of the storm
Fear of the dark
I dread the day we'll sink and disappear...

However, unexpectedly, another singer decided to entertain the Broken Goblet on this night.
It was the well-known Aurilite Solaris: she had something to say everyone, and she decided to perform a song for everyone.
It was a new one, one that no one ever heard before.
With the curiosity in mind, the minstrel listened to her - and she couldn't help but to laugh.

A bird poo'd in my banner
And I want it ...

Dead!
Dead!
Dead!
Dead!
Dead!

Stupid seagull
Smelly creature
Smeared my banner with poo
So I want it ...

Dead!
Dead!
Dead!
Dead!
Dead!

Could have poo'd on the drow's head
Could have poo'd on Firehead

Hey!
No it poo'd on my banner
So I want it ...

Dead!
Dead!
Dead!
Dead!
Dead!

Bring me the bird
Bring me it's ladybird
Bring me their hatchlings
So long as they're ...

Dead!
Dead!
Dead!
Dead!
Dead!

I loved that banner
My favorite banner
More than my Nathan-poo
Who's not here
Now it's desecrated
Flap in the wind no more
An insult to the Icedawn
So I want that bird ...

Dead!
Dead!
Dead!
Dead!
Dead!

However, a hushed chat was held in the Goblet during this night. One that didn't slip the minstrel's keen ears.
"I seek information. There has been a string of elven murders happening here..."

Rose Wintertal , Itinerant Minstrel, Troublemaker, Administrator of the Phoenix Company and The Run a Rig owner!

Trissae Baeniryn , Yatharil
selhan
Custom Content

Unread post by selhan »

Double Up!

“Rum is tonic that clarifies the vision,
and sets things in true perspective.”

With the taste of rum in my mouth and the sting of remembrance in my heart, I set my sights on the men who would continue to spill ill false rumors. Hoping to run into them. But until so, I will continue serving rum to my patrons. And as my planned was plotted, there was one patron who loved rum even more than I. The red tiefer known as Red.

"Ahoy the Outsider has entered!"

Such the remark made me smirk with humor., nothing is more welcoming than a good old friend and familiar faces. Talks of rumors within the Shore were the concern and their future. However it wasn't long until another patron , a familiar face entered.

"Hi Sel!"

It never ceases to surprise me, no matter the rumors, no mater the talks, loyal patrons are loyal patrons and each of them loves their particular bartender. All the bartenders around this side of the coast have their own particular style, they have their own charm. Some are handsome, some are old, some are pretty and some are charming. Each one has their own ways to bring forth their patrons one way or another.

The talk of rumors continue, as well as the stuff of grown men would talk about over rum. But as time went by, I knew I had another bar to soon tend too. And I invited the current patrons and they were indeed wanting to come along. So soon, after leaving the bar to Captain Pike, I and the other couple of patrons took to traveling to the Gates and headed to the underground place that was called the Undercellar.

"That bar a bit too posh fer yer Selly"

"Aye, but work is work"

All within the Shore seems somewhat normal in all else. Crews tending to their work, yelling and bickering and barking dogs where the common noises. The smell of the salty winds from the ocean flared nostrils along with a hint of blood. And the looming feeling of freedom washes over. Such is Roaringshore.

Kitunenotsume

Unread post by Kitunenotsume »

A parchment envelope is delivered to the Broken Goblet, with the title ATTN: SEL
Within, written upon a translucent rice-paper is the following missive:
Mister Sel,

It is with hopefully salutations that I write to you today. It has recently been suggested to me that you may have knowledge of a document that might be useful to my trade, penned by one R.H.. I would be appreciative of a moment of your time to discuss the matter when I am next in town.
Should you find need to redirect my itinerary to accommodate or deny such inquest, I invite your recommendation and response.

I play a baker. Sometimes she provides counseling or treatment.
Ask about our Breadflower daily special to save five coppers off a purchase of five pastries.
She seems unusually interested in cursed items.
She has also been seeking a variety of gems and stones.
selhan
Custom Content

Unread post by selhan »

Messengers, Notes

The smell of seas were strong in the air of Roaringshore as the bartender pulled his pack horse up the walkway that lead him to the direction of the Broken Goblet. After his horse was tied down, he grabbed some supplies from his saddle pack and headed into the tavern greeting the bouncers with chin nods. The tavern smelled of stale ale, salty sweats while the smoke slightly masked most of it. He headed towards the bar greeting Captain Pike, and retrieving a message that was left for him. The hallmarks and signature surprised him.

"Hmm, the cryptic one wishes to meet ...naught seen her since the Gods were dying." *He smirked but grinned and tucked the message in his apron and giving the Captain a thankful nod* "I'll be in the next three days. If she doesn't return, then I will travel to Greenest myself. Oh and Capt, do me a favor will ye, tell that bloody Minstrel Rose I need to see her. Also if yer seen Shana, let the lass know, couches need to break!" *He grinned at Pike as he headed down to the storage area to prep what he was going to have pulled out in the coming days.*

Ahh...a tenday never seems to go by uneventful. So many times I've heard patrons bicker and whine about things they could not control. I had always thought to myself.. Instead of worrying about what you cannot control, shift your energy to what you can create. A person shouldn't be pushed around by the fears in their mind's. But instead be led by the dreams in their hearts. I knew well not to let myself be weight down by bloody false rumors. If there was ever advice to give someone in regards to that bloody ordeal, I think I would tell them..

"Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward. If you want to fly, you have to give up what weighs you down."

Return to “Sword Coast Roleplay”