Bregan D'aerthe Public RP Thread

In-Character News, Laws, Announcements, Rumors, and Stories Relating to the Underdark

Moderators: Moderator, DM

User avatar
DarkLeaf
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun May 06, 2018 2:19 am

Re: Bregan D'aerthe Public RP Thread

Unread post by DarkLeaf » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:43 am

Then Necromancer Nym happened upon them moments before they teleported away. He had enough time to get a good look at all involved before the magic swept them away.
Valenfor DarkLeaf - Baelnorn in training - Active
Felemvere DarkLeaf - Shadow Dancer - Inactive
Nym - Necromancer of the School of Necromancy in Sshmath - Active

User avatar
Invoker
Posts: 1439
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:21 pm

Re: Bregan D'aerthe Public RP Thread

Unread post by Invoker » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:26 am

DarkLeaf wrote:Then Necromancer Nym happened upon them moments before they teleported away. He had enough time to get a good look at all involved before the magic swept them away.
"So I've heard. Said Necromancer is formally invited to voice his opinions and complaints, if any, directly to Blackblade, who sends his regards...as well as a friendly reminder that drawing weapons or any other hostile act perpetrated on a representative of Bregan D'aerthe means death.
I suggest you make a note of it, just in case."
This twisted culture got you feeding from its hand
But you will lose that food if you don't meet all their demands
And loyal is the soldier that gets slaughtered with the lambs
Examining the blueprints got you questioning the plans

User avatar
Invoker
Posts: 1439
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:21 pm

Re: Bregan D'aerthe Public RP Thread

Unread post by Invoker » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:16 am

The Bregan D'aerthe's stronghold in Varalla's Passage is ablaze with activity, following the legendary mercenaries' return from a successful "seek and destroy" mission that granted them new allies as well as a sizeable share (some say about half) of the mining operations formerly belonging to a well known Drow gem merchant, Orgollyraen Hlaneld. The mine is rumored to regularly fulfill important orders from the Schools of Magic, and to have a standing crew of duergar operatives.
This twisted culture got you feeding from its hand
But you will lose that food if you don't meet all their demands
And loyal is the soldier that gets slaughtered with the lambs
Examining the blueprints got you questioning the plans

User avatar
DarkLeaf
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun May 06, 2018 2:19 am

Re: Bregan D'aerthe Public RP Thread

Unread post by DarkLeaf » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:11 am

A letter arrives to the Bregan D'aerthe headquarters addressed to Blackblade delivered by a bat. Once the message is delivered the bat does not stick around for a reply.

Vendui Blackblade,
Usstan am pleased and honored by dos request for ussta opinion on the matter of the darthiiri abduction. Usstan must say usstan cares not about the actions with the exception that this seems to have brought multiple rivvil to the tunnels looking for it. Some were even bold enough to come and have a drink at the Wings bar before visiting dosst halls looking for someone that they called a friend, saying that they were trying to sell some magic bracers that looked cursed to ussa. As they stated they were merchants looking for trade usstan kept an eye on them to ensure they were naut accosted. Feel free to let ussa know if usstan can be of service to dos in the future.

Aluve,
Nym ( Next to the signature is the mark of a small skull with bat wings coming from behind it folded around it.)
Valenfor DarkLeaf - Baelnorn in training - Active
Felemvere DarkLeaf - Shadow Dancer - Inactive
Nym - Necromancer of the School of Necromancy in Sshmath - Active

User avatar
Invoker
Posts: 1439
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:21 pm

Re: Bregan D'aerthe Public RP Thread

Unread post by Invoker » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:06 pm

DarkLeaf wrote:A letter arrives to the Bregan D'aerthe headquarters addressed to Blackblade delivered by a bat. Once the message is delivered the bat does not stick around for a reply.

Vendui Blackblade,
Usstan am pleased and honored by dos request for ussta opinion on the matter of the darthiiri abduction. Usstan must say usstan cares not about the actions with the exception that this seems to have brought multiple rivvil to the tunnels looking for it. Some were even bold enough to come and have a drink at the Wings bar before visiting dosst halls looking for someone that they called a friend, saying that they were trying to sell some magic bracers that looked cursed to ussa. As they stated they were merchants looking for trade usstan kept an eye on them to ensure they were naut accosted. Feel free to let ussa know if usstan can be of service to dos in the future.

Aluve,
Nym ( Next to the signature is the mark of a small skull with bat wings coming from behind it folded around it.)
Reading the message carefully, Blackblade mutters to himself:

"Now...that is an interesting take of the matter. I'll keep that in mind."
This twisted culture got you feeding from its hand
But you will lose that food if you don't meet all their demands
And loyal is the soldier that gets slaughtered with the lambs
Examining the blueprints got you questioning the plans

User avatar
Glowfire
Posts: 1832
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:14 am

Re: Bregan D'aerthe Public RP Thread

Unread post by Glowfire » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:47 pm

It does not take more than a cycle for the same spider corpse which was nailed in the Darkwoods and then removed to appear speared on a spike just outside the door of Bregan D'aerthe's headquarters. Near the cozy stone bench and the mushrooms.

In the darkness, those who are perceptive, would notice a pair of red eyes belonging to a body enveloped by swirling shadows. This being would appear to keep watch outside of the headquarters.


(( OOC: Please send a PM if your character would seek to remove the spider corpse or do something else, thank you!
Kazimir Resnik Travelling priest.
Chairman of the Golden Wheel Trading Company
Tell me stories; Tell me lies
Lonely Life - Am & Shawn Lee
Adelaide van de Saer Loving priestess.
[Hiatus/On request]

User avatar
Darradarljod
Posts: 710
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:15 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: Bregan D'aerthe Public RP Thread

Unread post by Darradarljod » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:31 am

Glowfire wrote:It does not take more than a cycle for the same spider corpse which was nailed in the Darkwoods and then removed to appear speared on a spike just outside the door of Bregan D'aerthe's headquarters. Near the cozy stone bench and the mushrooms.

In the darkness, those who are perceptive, would notice a pair of red eyes belonging to a body enveloped by swirling shadows. This being would appear to keep watch outside of the headquarters.


(( OOC: Please send a PM if your character would seek to remove the spider corpse or do something else, thank you!
Nargazul was returning from a routine patrol through the Underdark. As he passed Bregan D'aerthe headquarters on the way to Sshamath he discovered the spider and paused a moment, staring as if to admire the way it sat impaled on the polearm.

"Still couldn't find the right door, eh?" the drow laughed to himself sharply and left the totem to stand, then entering the portal into The City completed his journey.
Arledge Arnemeiger - Triadic Knight, Golden Lion of the Coalition
Bueroza - Zhentarim Agent, Dread Novitiate of the Ebony Scepter
Sz'wit - Drow Assassin

User avatar
kleomenes
Recognized Donor
Posts: 2428
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:30 pm
Location: Darkwoods4life

Re: Bregan D'aerthe Public RP Thread

Unread post by kleomenes » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:34 am

A notice is put up outside Bregan D'aerthe's headquarters. The handwriting is suprisingly neat, for those who know the thuggish warrior. Perhaps its not his.
Let it be known that I, Daug'aonar, now serve again as Bregan D'aerthe's Master of Brute Forces. We are ready to do business.
A snarling hellhound's head is drawn beneath, akin to Daug'aonar's seal.

Image
Characters:
Mel Darenda, Jailed Board Member of the Golden Wheel
Daug'aonar, Bregan D'aerthe
Dural Narkisi, Knight of the Ruby Rose
Cynric, Chief of the Greyfox
Ameris Santraeger, Cleric of Ilmater, Harper, & Peacock

User avatar
Balthomer
Posts: 231
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:56 pm

Re: Bregan D'aerthe Public RP Thread

Unread post by Balthomer » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:18 pm

A tall and muscular dark elf enters into the Bregan D'aerthe building, he looks around, noticing a mind flayer, he leaves a small piece of paper with the following written on it:

I am Karsa Ralsa, I am looking to take on jobs and work for your organization, I am sure you will find my skills useful.
Feel free to send me a letter or look for me in S'shamath.
Hidden: show
Cordealio Blake - Vigilant , Everwatch
Ilveth Teglersen - Druid, Elder Circle
Xunbaste Zau'afin - Yath'abban, Quellar Zau'afin
Vuzaer, Walking on the edge Bio Journal
Alland Lyonson IX - First Blade, Ebon Blades
Items for sale

abowlofgelo
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:32 am

Re: Bregan D'aerthe Public RP Thread

Unread post by abowlofgelo » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:05 pm

Balthomer wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:18 pm
A tall and muscular dark elf enters into the Bregan D'aerthe building, he looks around, noticing a mind flayer, he leaves a small piece of paper with the following written on it:

I am Karsa Ralsa, I am looking to take on jobs and work for your organization, I am sure you will find my skills useful.
Feel free to send me a letter or look for me in S'shamath.
Several spiders of varying colors and styles skitter around the corner of the high walls of the Bregan D'aerthe compound. One specimen in particular seems larger than the rest, a black hairy spider with unexceptional marks. Its movements seem to follow that of Karsa Ralsa while maintaining its distance.

//PM to be sent.
Jhaldrym - Drow Archmage
Velkyn Drov'los - Drow Cultist of the Ancient One
Thade Mallory - Street Rat, Sea Urchin, Pirate

User avatar
Shadowspinner70
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:04 pm

Re: Bregan D'aerthe Public RP Thread

Unread post by Shadowspinner70 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:04 pm

Last cycle, Aunrae was seen entering the halls of Bregan D'aerthe with two individuals, followed by others shortly afterwards - the drowess looked miffed at the very least.

When she left, she did so before the others, but not before an announcement was made to those present: in order to begin a mutually beneficial, productive relationship, Aunrae will join Bregan D'aerthe, but the Scourge shall remain separate in this arrangement. She seemed happy.
Aunrae - Bardess
Flora Muirbaird - Hiatus
Eiluvial Tolmach - Priestess

User avatar
kleomenes
Recognized Donor
Posts: 2428
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:30 pm
Location: Darkwoods4life

Re: Bregan D'aerthe Public RP Thread

Unread post by kleomenes » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:15 pm

The next cycle comes an announcement, set up outside the entrance to Bregan D'aerthe's headquarters:

Image
Let it be known that I, Daug'aonar, now serve again as Bregan D'aerthe's Lieutenant.

New appointments have been made. My second is Rade E'lyn. Master of Arcane Forces is Conjurer Jhaldrym. Galawyn remains as Ambassador, with equal rank to a Master.

In partnership with Elgluth d'l'Ssussun and with expanded capacity we are ready to do business.

We will take any job, big or small.

Contact any agent to discuss.

Daug'aonar, Lieutenant

Image
Characters:
Mel Darenda, Jailed Board Member of the Golden Wheel
Daug'aonar, Bregan D'aerthe
Dural Narkisi, Knight of the Ruby Rose
Cynric, Chief of the Greyfox
Ameris Santraeger, Cleric of Ilmater, Harper, & Peacock

User avatar
Glowfire
Posts: 1832
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:14 am

Re: Bregan D'aerthe Public RP Thread

Unread post by Glowfire » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:01 pm

Recently several captive duergar were seen escorted into Bregan D'aerthe's headquarters by Bregan D'aerthe mercenaries.
Kazimir Resnik Travelling priest.
Chairman of the Golden Wheel Trading Company
Tell me stories; Tell me lies
Lonely Life - Am & Shawn Lee
Adelaide van de Saer Loving priestess.
[Hiatus/On request]

User avatar
DaloLorn
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:44 am

Re: Bregan D'aerthe Public RP Thread

Unread post by DaloLorn » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:10 am

A tall drow with a haughty demeanor is seen entering the Bregan D'aerthe complex outside Sshamath. After a few moments, she singles out one of the guards and addresses him:

You there. Tell your masters that Ilharess Silia of Quellar Evrine has come from Menzoberranzan seeking an audience. I shall return here later; see that the message is delivered swiftly.

As she finishes her command, she turns around and leaves the premises.

Observers outside the complex at the right time would notice that she is accompanied by another woman wearing white armor. Her attitude towards the ilharess seems deferential; she is likely to be a bodyguard of some kind.

Those familiar with recent events in Menzoberranzan may know some or all of the following:
Hidden: show
  • House Evrine is a minor house with few resources, mostly surviving through an array of deals and political maneuvers to shield themselves from their stronger counterparts.
  • Although Silia is the latest Matron of House Evrine, the title holds even less significance than before; a recent betrayal by one of their allies has resulted in the complete dismantlement of her powerbase, and it is likely that her departure from Menzoberranzan had as much to do - if not more - with preserving her own neck as it did with any business plans.
OOC: Not sure how this is supposed to proceed from here... PMs or something?
European player, GMT+1 (+2 during DST). Active in Discord.
Notable characters:
  • Shali Menner
  • Mard Fettian
  • Cald Hanicen
  • Vichan Sterr
  • Ilhara Evrine
  • Kana Tannard

User avatar
DaloLorn
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:44 am

Re: Bregan D'aerthe Public RP Thread

Unread post by DaloLorn » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:29 am

DaloLorn wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:10 am
A tall drow with a haughty demeanor is seen entering the Bregan D'aerthe complex outside Sshamath. After a few moments, she singles out one of the guards and addresses him:

You there. Tell your masters that Ilharess Silia of Quellar Evrine has come from Menzoberranzan seeking an audience. I shall return here later; see that the message is delivered swiftly.

As she finishes her command, she turns around and leaves the premises.

Observers outside the complex at the right time would notice that she is accompanied by another woman wearing white armor. Her attitude towards the ilharess seems deferential; she is likely to be a bodyguard of some kind.

Those familiar with recent events in Menzoberranzan may know some or all of the following:
Hidden: show
  • House Evrine is a minor house with few resources, mostly surviving through an array of deals and political maneuvers to shield themselves from their stronger counterparts.
  • Although Silia is the latest Matron of House Evrine, the title holds even less significance than before; a recent betrayal by one of their allies has resulted in the complete dismantlement of her powerbase, and it is likely that her departure from Menzoberranzan had as much to do - if not more - with preserving her own neck as it did with any business plans.
OOC: Not sure how this is supposed to proceed from here... PMs or something?
Silia returns to the Bregan D'aerthe compound. Upon realizing that no arrangements have been made for the audience she requested, she addresses the same guard as before:

Did you even deliver my message? … No matter. If your masters are aware of my previous visit, tell them that I shall not need to speak with them after all - not yet, at any rate. I have a more urgent matter to attend to, and I will not return to Sshamath for some time.

Make sure that they are aware, however, that it is possible that my servant, He'chice'ra, may come here in my stead. If she does, know that she speaks with the full authority of her ilharess, and they are to treat her as though I were there myself.


OOC: I need to take a break for RL reasons, so Silia's heading off to Menzoberranzan to look for her younger sister Ilhara. In the meantime, she's left He'chice'ra (forum account unknown, if any) in charge of House Evrine's activities in Sshamath, advising her to consider allying with Bregan D'aerthe. So, if an armored drow woman walks up to you IG and starts talking business, you know what's going on. :P

If not… I should be back in about a month, which will allow Silia to continue her attempted interactions with you guys.
European player, GMT+1 (+2 during DST). Active in Discord.
Notable characters:
  • Shali Menner
  • Mard Fettian
  • Cald Hanicen
  • Vichan Sterr
  • Ilhara Evrine
  • Kana Tannard

Post Reply