Rumours of Sshamath

In-Character News, Laws, Announcements, Rumors, and Stories Relating to the Underdark

Moderators: Moderator, DM

DarkLeaf

Re: Rumours of Sshamath

Unread post by DarkLeaf »

Many About the city see a large contingent of from the School of Necromancy leave the city and make their way to the battle field outside of House Zau'afin lead by Nym the Necromancer. They seem to be gone for quite some time.
Last edited by DarkLeaf on Wed May 22, 2019 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Valenfor DarkLeaf - Baelnorn in training - Active
Felemvere DarkLeaf - Shadow Dancer - Inactive
Nym - Necromancer of the School of Necromancy in Sshmath - Active
flyingchair

Unread post by flyingchair »

Rumours would spread that a warparty had assaulted the Illithid hive, and taken several of their slaves, most of them being Deep gnomes, to the varallas passage. They then had the slaves taken off the hands of the warparty to be excorted by Zau'afin guards to the Zau'afin gates.

Very Chairish.

Melvor Whitewater (Being tortured into a Lemure)

Main - Xeyn|Diary
The brother
The beast
The soldier
WookieWarlord

Unread post by WookieWarlord »

A mysterious clan of Duergar dwarves arrived in Sshamath today, draped in enough wards to fight a war and in the dust and weariness of long travel. They stopped at the tavern for a few drinks, keeping mostly to themselves and looking somewhat awkwardly out of place. After a short conversation with a couple of local Drow (to whom they identified themselves as the 'Krinkrak' clan), they departed as quickly as they came, their destination unknown.

//Thanks for the RP @Vexedart and the other who's name escapes me.
Cragnus - Archmagus of clan Krinkrak
Sternbar - First Shield of Krinkrak
Wildsheep

Unread post by Wildsheep »

This cycle, Gloura's patrons were treated to an impromptu song played by a drowess that would be discribed as having long silvery hair, silver under-eye eyeliner and revealing clothing.

The three jalilen were drinking at the bar when the velg'larn drow of the group mentioned that the drow in the city only have two paths they can take, do someone else's job for coin or subservience to a Qu'ellar and the faernen of the Conclave. After a few more exchanged words about a possible third path, the drowess to her right offered to play a song that might give the velg'larn some inspiration. She got up from her seat, grabbed her lute and began strumming a melody.

I see thee better in the Dark
And no, you need not a light...

Dark velg'larn... she lives in the dark

Dark velg'larn so filled with strife
Dark Dark velg'larn she'll take your life
Dark velg'larn stay for a while
Dark Dark velg'larn she makes me smile
Dark velg'larn she shows no fear

Dark Dark velg'larn is always near
Dark velg'larn wont see her cry
Dark Dark velg'larn just wants to die

But Dark velg'larn lives in the dark
so you dont see her painfull mark

Dark Dark velg'larn may never know
the third path that curiosity could show.
Dnaera Ozkam - Red Wizard of Thay

Kiren 'Pearl' Myrlow - Golden Wheel
Vieice Jhala'tlar - Priestess of Eilistraee
DM Vanquish

Unread post by DM Vanquish »

Whispers move through The City rather swiftly as a single cart caravan enters the region supported by heavily armed s'lat'halin m'elzars. If it were headed to the city domain, it is speculated that it would arrive in less than 3 cycles.

((Edited to add plurality to the armed guards))
I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave.
DM Vanquish

Unread post by DM Vanquish »

((Caravan event confirmed for Saturday 9pm USA Central time. Location is a surprise but will be accessible by all Character levels))
I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave.
Wildsheep

Last cycle, amid the bustle of the City of Dark Weavings' bazzar, a pair of Drow, one female with silvery hair and silver under-eye eyeliner and her companion a hooded male in black clothing, could be seen purchasing a large amount of travel provisions and supplies, enough to feed dozens. After paying the merchant the agreed price the both of them would make a couple of trips back and forth carrying the boxes to a safe location.

Balthomer

Unread post by Balthomer »

Several drow were amazed 2 cycles ago by the presence of an undead wyvern on the Undrek Vallanar with a rider clad in black armor, though no one knows exactly what they were doing there, because even after being pressed by questions the answers they gave just led everyone into a brick wall, with the promise of steel to anyone who asks too much.
Wildsheep

This cycle, a drow makes her way to the 7th Circle in the bazaar and attempts to find someone to leave a message that she wishes to schedule an appointment with a representative of the 7th Circle. She let's them know that any correspondence for her can be left to "Vieice" at Gloura's and adds that she is interested in hiring their services.

Wildsheep

These last few cycles, a large shipment composed of ten boxes total made its way out of the Duergar Darkspires of Sshamath. The order was transported away by agents of the heavily militarized mercantile group known as the 7th Circle.

Balthomer

This cycle, two males, a drow and a kivvil are seen around the market carrying boxes, the drow carries a big box of mushrooms and the kivvil a smaller box of azure wine, they then dissapear as they take the portal into the Darkwood Disctrict.
Shadowspinner70

Unread post by Shadowspinner70 »

A snickering, masked woman writes a notice on the bulletin.

"There's a war breaking out in the Reaching Woods, and it's at the Shrine of Eldath of all places . . . Be warned, anyone who might find themselves at the shrine on the 20th of Flamerule through the 22nd may find themselves at the war to end all wars, the Pun War.

Join us for this waterfall opportunity to test your wordplay against others. This is truly a golden opportunity with much at stake."

((For OOC information, it'll run on the 20-22 of Flamerule (July 20-22) for those three days.
Avintae - Sugar Addict
Flora - Witchy Woman
Azariah - Doombringer

Supermod mode, activated. The rest is just my opinion.
Balthomer

There is much activity at S'shamath, drow quietly come in and out of the Gloura's wings, the Spider Kiss, into and out of the portals and towards the tunnels and the Darkwood, all this happening under the eternal mantle of darkness that the Underdark offers.

Rumours of blood flowing permeate the silence, but no useful details are revealed in the open, as always, after all, this is the way of the drow and the spiders.

A lone male sits at the Gloura's making all sorts of conversations, big and small talk, with anyone that comes across him. Remaining before anyone arrives and after they all left.
Balthomer

The last few cycles, drow raiding groups are seen moving around S'shamath and the tunnels.
None

Unread post by None »

Word is posted Master of Intrigue Ashyri is looking for an assistant. The job requires leather work, and the ability to hold their own. A large sum of thirty bags is offered for this contract. Those qualified may visit Bregan Dearthe for more information.

Return to “Underdark Roleplay”