Common Drow words used

In-Character News, Laws, Announcements, Rumors, and Stories Relating to the Underdark

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Yiska

Re: Common Drow words used

Unread post by Yiska »

Mork wrote:Not sure if its commonly known website but looked like a good find to post here:
http://www.eilistraee.com/chosen/language.php?page=drow
penis - platinum

Drow is indeed a sophisticated language, people should really charge some penis coins for lessons.

Edit: I'm sorry...
Llauria E'luaren, an aloof elven archer
Elvan'afay, Faern of Bregan D'aerthe
Moridin
Custom Content

Unread post by Moridin »

That is actually real. You learn something new every day, even when you think you know a language to the point where you are meddling with grammar.
Characters:
Lomith Dy'nesen Journal
Zyx

Unread post by Zyx »

Every time I see the words typed in I think of Spanglish. In ye olde days of earlier US. TV (not ancient black and white or no sound days). There was the language called Spanglish. It was not really Spanish, but it was not English either. It was a fake Spanish for characters on the TV set. It was to add 'immersion' it was not real and all the Spanish speaking people knew it.

Now for game purposes my Drow simply assumes his kin are UCSL (under common second language). They are trying to speak under common, however they are not fluent in it. So they drop in some other words. He will typically ask them if they need help or if they are okay (and then speak fully in Drow).
Pimple
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Pimple »

Eilistraee.com: Drow to Common wrote:lishcalillisticandroz - supercalifragilisticexpallidocious
"Your compassion is commendable, Dreadmarshall." -- Sirion Te'dwa, 1359 DR

Sirion Te'dwa - Shop

Return to “Underdark Roleplay”