Rumours of Sshamath

In-Character News, Laws, Announcements, Rumors, and Stories Relating to the Underdark

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Seadin

Rumours of Sshamath

Unread post by Seadin »

*Rumors spread of a hooded surfacer letting it be known for every surfacer being taken down to be made a slave, he shall take one of your women for a drow harem.*
needcoffee

Re: Rumours of Sshamath

Unread post by needcoffee »

as xhandar'lith hears news of this rumor he laughs to himself *is this all it takes to be rid of the spider wenchs... wonder if he requires aid to gather them up*Laughs again* perhaps i should hire out my services*walks off with a grin as he imagines the first to be drug off* (p.s am typing from my kids Wii:) hehe)
StinkyMcGirk

Unread post by StinkyMcGirk »

Iraenym saunters into the Gloura's Wings and half sits, half falls into a bar-chair. The Gloura knows the attire and simply pours some strong black liquid into the pewter tankard... "Yous the one who sold gnome, ain'tcha?" Under the tattered red-trimmed hood, two pale blue eyes cold as ice look up. "What of it?" He rasps. "Someone from the world above came lookin' fer you. Said they was gonna git' some of yer womens." A cruel grin curls upon his face as he thinks to himself "two beetles with one stone." Iraenym tucks the hood back down over his eyes as he focuses back on the drink. His wiry shoulders raise every so slightly in a careless shrug, and the pewter tankard is raised towards his thin lips. By the time the tankard returns to the bar-counter where it came from, the wiry and scarred drow has forgotten the whole thing. He pays for the drinks with a little extra and asks the Gloura if there are any rumors he might actually care about going around.
adzling

Unread post by adzling »

The cycle had been a long one, involving a wide looping path through the outer tunnels and back through Varalla's to the city. His trip had uncovered no sign of kivvil despite his recent encounter with the gnome in the bazaar. Odd, he had been sure such a weak being would have come with a larger group for protection. Sitting at his desk once more, his supple stalking boots lying beside him, he kicked his feet up on his desk, picked up the sheaf of papers with the days reports leaning far back in his chair and rocking slightly as he skimmed them.

Various reports of escaped slaves; kobolds, orcs, bugbears and the like.
A brawl in the darkspires that had gotten so out of hand the Sshamathian guard had had to enter the ghetto to stop property damage getting out of hand.
An informant's reporting on the whereabouts of the current Yathrin's missing patron (slumming in the darkspires).
An account of the rather rapid departure from the city of Quellar Noquafin's erstwhile leader brought a smile to his face.
His informant from the Gloura's notes a rivvil of very particular description acting in an insane manner, threatening random shebali regarding the taking of kivvil slaves.

The last catches his attention and he nearly overbalances in his chair as his feet come off his desk. Rather than fighting the movement he pulls his knees into his chest and continues the motion rolling over the back of the chair to land on his feet with nary a sound. The whole motion is executed so smoothly and without pause that an observer would have thought it planned. Cel'lith hasn't even lost his train of thought, eyes remaining focussed on the last item in the day's reports, the chair's back resting lightly on his thigh where it was intercepted before it hit the ground. Righting the chair and walking around to the front of his desk Cat's eyes, attracted by his rapid unexpected motion, track him.

"I know, I know but something's up and I think better in motion" Cel'lith whispers in Draconic to the cat as he steps to the window framing the view of Sshamath's central spire. Stopping at the ledge, toes edged out over the precipice, he leans forward spreading his arms and allows gravity to pull him to the floor of the cavern far below his lips mouthing the first syllables of an enchantment.

The cat looks up briefly at the unexpected exit, returning just as quickly to licking it's forepaws and preening it's coat.
http://bgtscc.fomwaa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=78
Welcome to Sshamath!
zoombee84
Recognized Donor

Unread post by zoombee84 »

While chatting with Glora she brings to Loraths attention that there are so rumors of a rivvil acting up at Sshamath and kidnapping Jalil's .

Lorath laughs while listening : I have met this Joke of a man he's not taking anyone by force i saw one jalil with him when i met him but it looked like she was traveling with him willingly dressed all in white and being so charming must have been one of those followers of Eilistraee.

I dont see any real threat here if he becomes hostile hes as good as dead.

Lorath
I'kai

Unread post by I'kai »

A rumour is circulating of an elegant looking yathrin having perused the local slave market extensively, looking for what she called "genetic material" for an experiment. It seems the local wares disappointed somewhat, much to the apparent comfort of the meek halfblood following her.
Dream on.
SteelForgedSword

Unread post by SteelForgedSword »

A Rumor spreads that an Imp was seen on the outskirts of Ssamath...flutter about looking at the city, hesitantly, mumbling to himself.

He was seen by a Gnome...Goblur-something and a Drow male...who when the Imp showed himself...slew his companion...a Xorn...Planar Outsider...

The Imp is rumored to have mumbled something about Master being mad the two had killed Masters Pet...he then summoned, with a pendant, some fire mehipts and the two fled into the city...

The Imp was heard wailing incoherently about his mission to scout the city and it's defenses were delayed..because of the encounter...but that he would be back...but still mumbling...

"Messes fetch this fetch that...me no shadow walker person things...scout city...mehhhhhh..."
Great Druid, Galen'ael Glenstalker. Former DM Steel
adzling

Unread post by adzling »

Rumors of war circulate in the city. The city guard have been put on high alert and the Charnag Maelthra's presence in the streets has been more obvious as of late, questioning citizens and visitors seemingly at random.
Welcome to Sshamath!
HaberdasherofDoom

Unread post by HaberdasherofDoom »

*A small hooded figure hears some of the rumors and wanders off mumbling.* Usstan will have to ask master.. if war means opportunity or just arse kicking. Usstan guesses it means both.
Wthyran Tal - Drooling, scarred and generally acidic.
Tarnok Deadsbane - Talk about guilt.

Respect earned, never given.
Egg Shen

Unread post by Egg Shen »

Rumors. Sshamath thrives on them. But some carry more weight than others.

Take the current batch, for instance. Tales are swirling of an alliance between the Conclave and the surfacers of Baldur's Gate. The name Cel'lith Morcane has been reaching the ears of the citizens of Sshamath more and more frequently, from the ears of the lowliest slave to the heights of the Conclave.

Multiple sources are reporting that a weakling wizard, one bested countless times in the wilds of the Underdark, has some nefarious hold upon Cel'lith and the Charnag Maelthra. Even, perhaps, the very Conclave that protects us all! He's been throwing his weight around the city, insulting citizens, even mages, and implying that he holds more sway within the ranks of drow society than they do. Different people report different names, so it's best not to repeat any here so as to avoid confusion, but none deny that he is a surfacer with skills of the arcane persuasion.

Talk of revolt circulates in the more poverty stricken corners of the city. If the conclave is allying itself with weak mages from the surface, what's next? Selling it's citizens to the highest illithid bidder? Do Cel'lith and his surfacer masters have no hold upon what transpires in the city?

These rumors are like the falling of small stones. Small stones that start an avalanch. . .
Avantor

Unread post by Avantor »

*Determined yet silent steps quickly approaches* The commander quickly turns around, replying swiftly; What did you learn of this weakling of a surfacer? *Her eyes gazing straight at the small drow scout patrol*

It is him again *hisses slightly*. He still claims his influence within the Charnag Maelthra? The commander quickly gets a slight nod as a reply.

It is as I suspected then.

Rumours of surfacers gaining influence within the citiwalls spread like fire. How big an influence do these filthy surfacers really possess? Are they slowly gaining control from within? A plague of suspicion and anger manifests itself in the outskirts of Sshamath.
Izz'orgoll

Unread post by Izz'orgoll »

Those believed to be spreading falsities regarding the Charnag Maelthra shall be punished.
Charnag Maelthra
Sshamath Special Forces
adzling

Unread post by adzling »

*The patrons at the Gloura's Wings have been talking about a conversation they overheard a few cycles past between the drow Xavius and the S'utrinos of the Charnag Maelthra Cel'lith Morcane.
Xavius discussed at length the rumors concerning a rivvil who keeps turning up in Sshamath claiming patronage of the Charnag Maelthra and Conclave itself. Cel'lith laughed so hard he fell off his chair. Once he had stopped laughing he asked that the next time Xavius sees the rivvil in question he should kill and skin him so that Cel'lith might use his hide as a lampshade for his quarters. He seemed to think it would fit well with his decor scheme.*

///true story ;-)
Welcome to Sshamath!
Ithilan

Unread post by Ithilan »

*Overheard whispers in The Gloura's Wings*

Male drow1: "Rumours have it a great assasin and warrior of Menzoberranzan has emerged to this area, seeking cover of the night to vanish from his past. I had a run in with this supposed Jaluk, a true and devout follower of Vhaeraun, with every intend to carry out the will of the Masked Lord".
Male drow2: "Is that so? Ive heard there has been recent trouble on the outskirts of town, a nearly full scale conflict between a few jaluks and the ever arrogant Malla'Jabresses, such clash of interests is bound to get bloody at a point".
Male drow1: "Yes, thats what I heard as well.. If what I have been told is true, this weapons masterand assasin is responsible for the murder of the Ilharess of Menzoberranzan, some decades ago. I reckon they would pay well for his head.. should we by luck find it in our hands *cackles*.
Male drow2: "Hmmm a bounty you say.. this is worth looking into, but we had best make the necesary preperations, a male of this significance is bound to have companions and be a worthy fight, joining him may be wiser".
Male drow1: "Joining him? Hah.. In Sshamath politics are as worthless as a Hargluk in Evermeet, no my brother.. it is time for murder and the kinfight to awake a new, even the rulers of this city cannot enforce their laws upon the chosen of the Spider Queen, outside the city walls and I wouldnt want to be their enemy".
Male drow2: "Xas, that is true. Let our hunt commence then, to find this "Silver Blade of the Menzoberranzan" as he self-proclaimed is".

*two male drow elf corpses are found on he outskirts of town, strangled by a strong poison, one of them has a deep wound in his neck, the other has been partilly devoured by an Umberhulk Hatchlng and the cause of death is unknown*

OOC lore: Pretty old character im playing, which took part of these "proclaimed" events in a diffrent FR module in NWN1. Hope to be murdering you soon.
Shandril Brightmantle
"Life is but a mystery to revel in, let the stars guide you through the mist."
Lia'Dris Maendellyn
"We remember cities now in ruin and forests murdered, yet still we sing to the stars and hope for renewal."
Molag__Bal

Unread post by Molag__Bal »

*Rumours begin to spread around Sshamath of a scrawny Jaluk, dressed in black, with a fine golden headband, who entered the city glowing like the sun itself. Slung over his shoulder was a slightly burned sack, stuffed full of round lumpy objects. Some claim a repulsive smell was left in his wake*

*Many inhabitants are happy to speculate as to the why and the how of the Jaluk's strange glow and the contents of the blackened sack. As usual, the tales are varied and inconsistent. However, those that ask around are likely to hear the repetition of a few significant phrases: "stay away" "surface will kill" "singed bag of Drow heads"*

Return to “Underdark Roleplay”