Sparks journal

Character Biographies, Journals, and Stories

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Memories

Sparks journal

Unread post by Memories » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:18 pm

((( link to Spark's bio: viewtopic.php?f=153&t=67103
(( OOC note: Eleint 1st 1354 = Sept 1st 2018

*entry dated: Eleint 20th 1354 Phoenix Company Inn - Common Rooms - South bank of the Chionthar river*

So old Finret insisted I promise to wear my bracers at all times and write a journal. I hate writing. Bastard. Still, promise is a promise.

So, the smell of the city was awful. Gut retchingly awful. As soon as I was not far from the docks I added my own breakfast to it. The boat had the worse food, salt pork, really? for days in a row?! sigh. Boats and me do not get along.

I had to get out of the damn city first thing. The farmlands were nice, as long as the city was downwind. Eventually crossed the river to the south, just far enough to get away from the smell unless the wind blows strongly in the wrong way. Found a nice inn. A very nice inn.

Met the innkeeper, some lady named Terri. I wanted to stay at the inn, and in turns out if people join her adventuring company its free room and board. A great deal. And I am looking for some adventure. I am after all the greatest adventurer that ever was, is, or will be.

So, the only think I need to do for free room and board for now is write down interesting things I find along the coast. Should be pretty easy. I hate writing, its true, but I hate house work way more. Old man Finret made me do all the house work! Some bullshit about work being good for the soul. If that is true why didn't he do it?!

Oh, and she has this code thing. Talked about it way to long. Endlessly really. It basically amounts to two rules:
  • don't be a (person)
  • don't do (#2) that will make the company look bad
That should be trivial. I am the best looking person I know.

Anyway, rather then write down the rest of what I found on my first day here, I should instead write it as a report to Terri. She did after all want to hear about interesting things.

When she sees how boring my writing is, she is going to regret that.
Last edited by Memories on Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
[tr][td]Valen[/td]
[td]
Guardsman
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Spark[/td]
[td]
The greatest adventurer of all time
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Nwurk[/td]
[td]
Another grouchy orc
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Mai'yth[/td]
[td]
The odd duck of the drow
[/td][/tr][/table][/size]

Memories

Re: Sparks journal

Unread post by Memories » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:47 pm

*entry dated: Eleint 20th 1354 Phoenix Company Inn - Common Rooms - South bank of the Chionthar river*
Spark's official report for Eleint 20th of interesting things
  • Interesting People list:
    • Sam - blue hair, glasses, lithe figure, ivory white skin, long eyelashes, stud piercing right eyebrow, elven ears, perfect white teeth - Was offering tours of Darkhold's dungeon
    • Root - blond hair, long, beautiful. White skin, large shield, male, seemed decent, sellsword, Priest of the Red Knight, Cadet of the Goddess Tempus. Was interested in the free room and board for writing stories deal. Send her in the direction of the inn
    • Furnok of Ferd - Treasure finder extraordinaire, male, nice black hat
    • unknown - nice hin or gnome, not sure which. nice guy, annoyed I almost stepped on him, was a pick pocket
    • Bellatrax - female, interesting headband
    • The Barbarian Trio:
      • These were great people.
      • some sort of love triangle going on here I think
      • these three kicked my (hiney) in a duel, it was great!
      • Raganhar - man, big, tall, like eight feet tall, and nearly as wide, lots of battle scars, tribal tatoos. Long blond hair, strong jawline, blue eyes. Northerner, barbarian, worships Tempus, likes to fight, Chaotic.
      • Edazarode - man, 7 feet tall, dark brown hair, reddish hair in his beard, blue eyes, friendly face, heavily burned, burn boils on face and nose. Northerner, worships Tempus.
      • Isra - female, white hair, black curls, pale face, grey eyes, small tattoo's on face. Oddly attractive. I think she is a sorcerer like me, but could also be a wizard. Hides in plain sight, shadow dancer style.
    • Nyx - female, horns, black mask, female, some sort of cleric. Seemed very friendly, hugged me even. Sampled black orc flesh, so actually kinda disturbing.
    • Neio - female, druid, turns into a spider, purple, scrawly, female, messed hair, purple eyes, worn attire.
  • Interesting Events list
    • The Barbarian trio had a great story about how they wrestled trolls that attacked their camp and then burned their faces until they died.
    • orc was seen near the east wall of FAI
      • followed him into sharpteeth
      • I tried to strike up a conversation, he seemed talkative. Said something about black orcs moving into this cave, not attacking the trade way, asking for help for his tribe.
      • Then one of the barbarians cut his head off. Straight up murder. Bit shocking really. But I guess they really do not like orcs. Did not like this, but it was a bit to late to put his head back on. Everyone else seemed way cool with it.
      • Everyone including me agreed black orcs sounded like a great thing to murder. So we went in and cleaned out the cave. My first real battle. I had fought before, but old man Finret was all about pre-planning and that sort of thing. More like chess then battle. This was just glorious chaos! It was wonderful, I lit black orcs on fire and watched the barbarians dice them. Starting to like this Tempus god.
      • We did not really do it to help out the other orcs, but an interesting side effect is the cave is now clear for them to move back in.
      • The druid Neio let her pet eat black orc?! - this made me sick
      • Nyx also sampled orc? - is this (#2) normal here?!
I hope this report is good enough for you Administrator Terri!
*signed*
Spark . . . or Sparkles as the Barbarians call me *drawn image of a smiley face with sparkles around it* :)
Last edited by Memories on Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[tr][td]Valen[/td]
[td]
Guardsman
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Spark[/td]
[td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Nwurk[/td]
[td]
Another grouchy orc
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Mai'yth[/td]
[td]
The odd duck of the drow

Memories

Unread post by Memories » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:14 am

*entry dated: Eleint 21th 1354 Phoenix Company Inn - Common Rooms - South bank of the Chionthar river*

On the way there stopped at the fire not far from the east entrance to the Gate. Everyone seemed offended by my existence even as I stepped close to the fire, so I quickly left. Never had that happen before.

Quite the journey today. Found the town of Roaringshore while exploring the fields of the undead. Seemed like a nice place. Just full of life, and did not smell nearly as bad as the gate. Met some interesting people.

On the way back stopped at the fire outside the gate again. This time people did not seem to hat e me on arrival, but were oddly insane. One was talking nonsense about a noodle monster while pointing at another behind me. I went to a different group and they were talking about fornicating slimes and pointing to a different guy. I left the area very confused.
[tr][td]Valen[/td]
[td]
Guardsman
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Spark[/td]
[td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Nwurk[/td]
[td]
Another grouchy orc
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Mai'yth[/td]
[td]
The odd duck of the drow

Memories

Unread post by Memories » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:28 am

*entry dated: Eleint 21th 1354 Phoenix Company Inn - Common Rooms - South bank of the Chionthar river*
Spark's official report for Eleint 21th of interesting things
  • Interesting people:
    • Met a Lady Celeste Milton - blond hair, black mask sometimes, red robe, young woman, early 20s, right arm seemed to be reinforced with plate armor?. Some random person accused this person of being a necromancer, it was very bizarre.
    • Met a Feline - gold hair, male, covered right eye, tanned, oddly attractive, professional scribe
    • Lady Gemma - human, female, black hair, yellow eyes, mid 20s, a bit over 5 feet tall, wears a hood, neckscarft, and everything is heavily covered. Avoids eye contact, fidgets, I think she is a cleric of Lathander, carries a wooden spoon. Completely insane, spoke of a noodle monster and then pointed at a guy and accused him of being it.
  • Interesting Events list
    • Everyone near the fire outside the entrance to the eastern Gate appeared to have gone insane. Speaking of noodle monsters and fornicating slimes.
    • I eventually left the area feeling rather nervous.
[tr][td]Valen[/td]
[td]
Guardsman
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Spark[/td]
[td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Nwurk[/td]
[td]
Another grouchy orc
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Mai'yth[/td]
[td]
The odd duck of the drow

Memories

Unread post by Memories » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:48 am

*entry dated: Eleint 22th 1354 Phoenix Company Inn - Common Rooms - South bank of the Chionthar river*
Spark's official report for Eleint 22th of interesting things
  • Interesting People:
    • The Starving Elf - name unknown, nickname - guant elf, purple black grey color, male
    • oh, I shall decline ( Wren Di'Corvi ) - rude, female, husky voice, deep red scar encircles her throat, half elf-human. silver hair, blue eyes, nice clothing, overly crafted jewelry, rings in each ear, delicate bell shape flowers, slender silver necklace, medallion looks like a coin Waukeen? - two heads on it + obsidian disk suspended upside down, insane
    • The Vandal - name unknown, nickname - male, well built, long sword visible, grey amor brow boots, mustach, wears a full face helm at times, burned my notes once
    • The Red Willow - tall willowly male human, red hair, scholar?, spell book, carries a knife
    • The Furred man - name unknown - heavy plate armor, noseguard style helmet, plate bootes, shiny silver, full beard, short, fur mantle
    • Noodle - name unknown - elf, male, lanky, blue black hair, carries what looks to be a spell book, dirty gloves-ink stains? - accused of being a noodle monster by insane people
    • Nathan - blond, male, silver/blue eyes, well dressed, broken nose, blond/gold hair, silver blue eyes, golden pendent of Sune around his neck, wears an insignia of House Darius
    • Sparkle - nickname - Blue, female, blue hair, elf, woodswoman outfit
    • Laerik - blue hair, bluegrey skin, male, normal size, wears scale mail, brown boots, purple cloak
    • Thedran of Baldur's Gate - blond hair, bright red cloak, red chain mail armor, plate boots, male, normal size, long sword visible. Took offense to me documenting him. Likely some evil villain with secrets to hide.
    • Osbert Humbridge - old man, tends to frown, white beret style artist hat, green pants, red brown vest, grey arms on his shirt, carried a staff. Old, white hair, male, glasses, wrinkled skin, crazy eyebrows, ink stained fingers, small bundle of books
    • grey wing - name unknown - brown boots, grey amor, wing off left shoulder, grey hood, male, white cloak with some sort of Symbol,
    • Valkira - horns, tail, black hair, pink red purple eyes, fair complexion, female, bit thin. Thedran accused of her necromancery, but he seemed very unreliable.
    • Cyrus Raviin - purple hood, robe, gold trim, accused of necromancry by theadran, seemed nice, wizard
    • Amora (Amora Lininlith) - teifling, a bit short, long black horns, long black hair, loose braid, pink eyes, nice slender nose, perfect lips, curvy, tail!, wears a leather jacket + skirt, short sword, black cloak,
    • Vrass - dark hair, dark shirt, dark pants, male, human
  • interesting news
    • devils and bandits reported near Soubar
    • There is a mercenary company in Soubar called the Ebonblade.
    • Vrass is organizing something with the devils and bandits near Soubar.
[tr][td]Valen[/td]
[td]
Guardsman
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Spark[/td]
[td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Nwurk[/td]
[td]
Another grouchy orc
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Mai'yth[/td]
[td]
The odd duck of the drow

Memories

Unread post by Memories » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:48 am

*entry dated: Marpenoth 2 1354 Phoenix Company Inn - Common Rooms - South bank of the Chionthar river*
Spark's official report for Eleint 27th of interesting things
Interesting People:

Interesting news:
  • I was exploring north of the gate, in a field full of dead things, and I found some sort of temple. It was full of dead things, and shadowy priests, and a gargoyle. The Gargoyle was in a room that looked like it had a raised basin / pool of blood. Creepy place. I lit it on fire real good, but the undead seemed to be returning even as I left. Met some adventurers on the way out.
[tr][td]Valen[/td]
[td]
Guardsman
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Spark[/td]
[td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Nwurk[/td]
[td]
Another grouchy orc
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Mai'yth[/td]
[td]
The odd duck of the drow

Memories

Unread post by Memories » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:22 pm

*entry dated: Marpenoth 11 1354 Phoenix Company Inn - Common Rooms - South bank of the Chionthar river*
Spark's official report for the last 10 day or so
So I went exploring, way north, north of the fields of the dead into some sort of mountains. Full of orgers and trolls.

In the mountains I admit I became somewhat lost. I wandered around for a while, and found a troll cave full of green trolls and several treasure chests. And nothing to eat.

I think found a stronghold full of orgers after that, which had an orge mage, a magic lab, and a door going down I was not able to get past. I need one of those dimensional wands or something. Also, nothing to eat.

Feeling rather famished at that point, I found a dwarf mine by the name of Kraak Helzak. The guy attempted to give me directions, but they were confusing. They did have lots to eat though, and I gorged myself.

After that on the way back I wandered into a cave full of orgres. I became very lost in that cave. I remember it had a reddish colored alter, another ogre mage, mining, Kraak Helzak personnel near the mine, and big wide caverns with glowing mushrooms. Found a Zentarium banner down there to, but could not get past the door it was near. Also found a river deep underground full of kobolds.

I admit I was very lost and very hungry. I tried whatever one of the Kobolds had in its pack for food. It made my stomach upset, and I eventually found a place to get some rest.

After quite some time had past, I found a gnome who took me to what he called rockrun, which had a big lake at the bottom. It also had walls that seemed to swirl and dissappear. Eventually found another gnome who took me to his village, "Svirfneblin". Big place, lots of food, had a place there called "Blackrock keep". Finally had the brains to buy some supplies, and they sold me some salt that makes everything safe to eat.

After spending a few nights there recovering tried to find my way back to the surface. Ended up finding a drow village of sorts. I stared at the Drow and they acted like they saw humans all the time. Did not hang around long there.

Eventually found the mining things again, and found my way out. Wandered around the troll claws a bit and finally found my way to a town called Soubar.
[tr][td]Valen[/td]
[td]
Guardsman
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Spark[/td]
[td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Nwurk[/td]
[td]
Another grouchy orc
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Mai'yth[/td]
[td]
The odd duck of the drow

Memories

Unread post by Memories » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:24 pm

*entry dated: Marpenoth 11 1354 Phoenix Company Inn - Common Rooms - South bank of the Chionthar river*
A spark official report for Marpenoth 10th
Making my way home south of Soubar I saw bright magic in the distance, and then fire elemental and something else. It was moving away from me, and I followed it to what appeared to be a Black Rock Orc encampment south of Soubar. I quickly exited the area when I realized what I was looking at.
Last edited by Memories on Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[tr][td]Valen[/td]
[td]
Guardsman
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Spark[/td]
[td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Nwurk[/td]
[td]
Another grouchy orc
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Mai'yth[/td]
[td]
The odd duck of the drow

Memories

Unread post by Memories » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:01 pm

A spark official report for Marpenoth 10th
So I fled back to Soubar after seeing the Black Orc Encampment. Once at Soubar I heard Trolls were headed for the bridge, so I went to Boarsky bridge to check it out.
  • Interesting things
    • several waves of trolls attacked the boarsky bridge
    • they were wearing armor of all things
    • some highly amused devil watched
    • Devil wanted to make conversation, people decided to cut its head off. It vanished.
    • more waves of trolls attacked
    • then nothing happened for a long time
    • then an argument broke out between a Gaven, a Heinrich, and a Zenith over faith based matters
  • Interesting people
    • Gaven Akalis - Grand Master of the Radiant ?something?. Wore a cheek covering helm, horseman's shield, longish sword, chainmail under plate, white cloak with some sort of symbol
    • Heinrich - something with Helm, stood an easy 6 feet tall, rocklike skin, crystalish hair, tended not to show emotion, full face helm, horsemens shield, mace
    • Zenith Alexander - Helmite, purple cloak, chain mail under plate, easily six feet tall, athletic build, horsemans shield, "Templar of Helm and Steadfast Faith"
Last edited by Memories on Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[tr][td]Valen[/td]
[td]
Guardsman
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Spark[/td]
[td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Nwurk[/td]
[td]
Another grouchy orc
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Mai'yth[/td]
[td]
The odd duck of the drow

Memories

Unread post by Memories » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:20 pm

*entry dated: Marpenoth 12 1354 Phoenix Company Inn - Common Rooms - South bank of the Chionthar river*
A spark official report for Marpenoth 11th
Headed over to Friendly Arm's Inn to speak with the auctioneer to find wand blanks. Did not find any, but encountered a Karise, who told me about a cave with bears and a lich in it.

I followed her north of Friendly Arm's Inn, onto the tradeway south of Baldur's Gate. She showed me a bear cave, that had a lich inside of it. I murdered the lich, but was unable to do anything about the desecrated area. I would not have cared that much, but Karise was very concerned about it.

There were four chests of treasure, which I was delighted to loot.
[tr][td]Valen[/td]
[td]
Guardsman
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Spark[/td]
[td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Nwurk[/td]
[td]
Another grouchy orc
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Mai'yth[/td]
[td]
The odd duck of the drow

Memories

Unread post by Memories » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:04 pm

*entry dated: Marpenoth 13 1354 Phoenix Company Inn - Common Rooms - South bank of the Chionthar river*
A spark official report for Marpenoth 13th
Found the town of Beregost today, some wizard teleported me there. Fought a bunch of folks in the arena, they seemed nice. Although, a couple seemed upset with me. Encountered an interesting person today up in Soubar.
  • Heart
    • long brown hair
    • whiteskin
    • purple mascara
    • green mage robe
    • green eyes
    • normal height, normal weight
    • young adult
    • worshiped Illmater
    • cheery friendly personality
[tr][td]Valen[/td]
[td]
Guardsman
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Spark[/td]
[td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Nwurk[/td]
[td]
Another grouchy orc
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Mai'yth[/td]
[td]
The odd duck of the drow

Memories

Unread post by Memories » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:45 am

*entry dated: Marpenoth 23 1354 Phoenix Company Inn - Common Rooms - South bank of the Chionthar river*

Nice inn, good food. But getting bored. The innkeeper does not seem to be responding to my reports, feeling a bit like I am wasting paper.

Thinking I might head south and find something more interesting soon.
[tr][td]Valen[/td]
[td]
Guardsman
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Spark[/td]
[td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Nwurk[/td]
[td]
Another grouchy orc
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Mai'yth[/td]
[td]
The odd duck of the drow

Memories

Unread post by Memories » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:09 pm

*entry dated: Marpenoth 24 1354 Phoenix Company Inn - Common Rooms - South bank of the Chionthar river*

Been thinking it is my own fault I am bored, just need to get off my (hiney) and embrace the world.

Going to let the bartender know I am going to be gone for a while. Perhaps a long while.

Figure I just start walking and where I end up I end up.
[tr][td]Valen[/td]
[td]
Guardsman
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Spark[/td]
[td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Nwurk[/td]
[td]
Another grouchy orc
[/td][/tr]