Field Notes

Character Biographies, Journals, and Stories

Moderators: Moderator, DM

mastajabba

Field Notes

Unread post by mastajabba »

Working on a safe path for people on a pilgrimage to several of the Shrines in contested locations. So far the Path for those on the pilgrimage to the shrine of Eldath in the Reaching Woods is not 100% safe due to the current problems with the blood thirsty pack of Gnolls that have been tainted by dark occult forces and the draw the shrine has on the black hearted daehrow.

There is a a few bandits and some stray kobolds that plague the route to the shrine to Silvanus. Making it dangerous to the average citizen of the coast.

There is a rather loud and rowdy bunch of Giants that have taken up ambushing along the trade way south of the Candle Keep by the shrine to my Forrest Queen Mielikki. Unlucky for them I have no shortage of arrows to rain death upon them.

Other shrines in process of scouting in between assignments to support operations in Triel and this Demon and Spider incursions.

Nigel Blaquehawke
Squire, Order of the Radiant Heart
Ranger, Scout Squad
mastajabba

Field Notes

New Demon type encountered,

Name: Unknown (Consumption of the Void)
Race: Demon
Height: Estimated 18-23 feet
Description: humanoid demon with large horns. Armed with two giant swords.
Notes: this large demon seems to be a tier above the Balor Lieutenants we have been battling. He likes to attack in small groups of Balors, those bloated abominations and lesser flesh demons and winded demons. Has the ability to teleport across small expanses while engaged in combat. I know how many times he can do this.

He is magically warded. Defeating those makes it for a far more manageable battle.

Nigel Blakehawke
Ranger, Order of the Radiant Heart
mastajabba

Elemental Storm Beast

A while back I encountered an elemental beast south of Beregost.

Name: “Sparky”, real name unknown
Description: about shoulder heigh for a man at the crest of it’s back. Black fur with two long tendrils that come out somewhere near the shoulder blade. Has 3 pairs of legs and eyes that burn white light lightning.

Demeanor: sentient, seemed to be injured and scared. I was able to use a heal kit on it. It then was startled and it gave me a a unique scar/burn on my left arm that seems to be linked to the creature and storms in general. The closer the weather the more the mark reacts.

Current status of the creature: taken by Red Wizard’s of Thay.

Nigel Blakehawke