Vesz'yraen

Character Biographies, Journals, and Stories

Moderators: Moderator, DM

BloodRiot
Retired Staff

Vesz'yraen

Unread post by BloodRiot »

He had lost track of how far he walked and how many cycles had passed since he fled the Cormanthor. These barren tunnels where far from the usual pathways used to travel through the underdark, yet he risked them to ensure he'd escape unwanted notice. Now, the lack of water and food sources seemed just as likely to cost him his life as the unfortunate encounters he wished to avoid. Stubbornness and anger fueled his drive to survive this far, yet even those have limits. Although he managed to take an antidote in time to neutralize the poison, it too had taken its toll. He wondered just how much further he could go.

As he jumped a gap in his path, he felt that sharp pain on his right hip, signaling the dagger's puncture wound had ripped itself open yet again. He pressed his hand against the wound, but before he could apply and new bandage, he noticed a faint ringing in his ear, quickly growing louder and louder. Growing increasingly lightheaded, he lost his balance and his vision blurred and faded until there was only darkness.
"Vash? No, Vesz'yraen!" - A familiar voice called to him. Her tone was as soft and tender as he remembered. He looked up to see the drow woman, glittering with what can only be described as moonlight - "Would you like an apple, Vesz'yraen?" - She asked with an extended hand towards him, holding the piece of fruit. She always did that.

With what can be described as contempt, he swatted her hand, sending the apple flying. Her face turned to sadness for him, yet her tone remained unchanged. - "Still clinging to your ways, I see? I had thought with enough time, you would see a better path. Don't pretend the words I spoke during our first meeting didn't touch you. I could see it in your eyes. Even now, after all this time, your pride still makes you turn away that which can save you in these difficult times." - She says pointing at the apple, but also implying a much deeper meaning.

"I have no time for your nonsense." - He scoffed at her.

The favored of the Dark Maiden didn't seem at all phased by his rebuke, and again attempted to reason with him. - "You shouldn't deny it. It's more of your nature than perhaps you realize. But I can only show you the way. It is you who must choose to walk it."

He averted his gaze, as if he didn't want to face her. - "For once, cease your insufferable preaching, woman. What I do is my choice... mine alone."

"Then why do you make the choices of an idiot, my friend?" - A different, yet also familiar male voice asked with obvious disappointment. Looking up he could see his mentor and friend. - "I brought you into the Jaelre and took you under my wing to show you a better way. You could have done well. Even take my place one day. But instead, you chose to be a fool! Pity."

Vesz'raen snapped back at his mentor in frustration. - "The Jaelre's inaction forced my hand! You found me, you took me to them under the promise we would take the fight below. I thought we shared a common goal, yet none of you lifted a finger. I suffered all your "more immediate matters"... I worked for things I couldn't care less about, for them... hoping they would finally get off their asses and do what we were meant to do! I would have painted the Underdark with the blood of spiders for what I was forced to endure. I, at least I tried something!"

The older weapons master chuckled at his response. - "Oh well... Nice try? What exactly did you think you could accomplish with your antics? Perhaps you thought the Jaelre would just rush to satisfy your misguided lust for revenge? That they would jeopardize everything they actually accomplished, and their long term plans catering to your foolish ideals? Your hatred blinds you Vash. You are not wrong about the spiders. But only you act with such recklessness and impatience which, along with your over inflated confidence, ultimately sealed your fate and, quite ironically I might add, ensured you ended up bedding one that stands for everything you hate so feverously"

The magical gem in Vesz'yraen's left eye socket erupted in a bright crimson glow as he felt the anger burning within him. - "It was not supposed to be that way! I hate her! I hate what she did to me!" - Vesz'yraen growled.

The older mentor shook his head at his words in silence as he faded into the featureless darkness behind him. Another replied instead. Her amused laughter echoed throughout the cave, chilling Vesz'yraen's very soul. Footsteps drew nearer accompanied by a distinct melodic, yet eerie humming. One hinting at absolute delight, and victorious satisfaction. - "Oh you give me far too much credit Vesz'yraen. And do you really hate me? I haven't forced you into anything you didn't already wanted now, have I?."

No word could escape his mouth. His left eye extinguished as his anger drowned in the turmoil of his conflicted feelings. She walked around him, moving seductively into his sight, her dress, as always, made to better evidence her sensuous form. Her eyes smiled wickedly as she sipped from the wine glass in her hand, kneeling next to him, cupping his cheek with her hand.

With all the defiance he could still muster, he met her azure gaze. - "Have you come to finish the task your goons failed at... miserably?"

She chuckled again, sliding her hand past his ear as if to stroke his hair, but instead, pulling it back violently, forcing his head to follow so she could whisper into his ear. - "No Vesz'yraen, there is nothing left to finish." - Her hand released his hair, and he turned to face her once more as she rose to her feet. - "Your resilience as seen to that you still live... one of the reasons I found you so compelling to begin with, but I got all I wanted from you, and now you are a but piece I removed from the board." - She contemptuously waved her hand at something behind his back as she turned and walked away. - "Even that insufferable abomination you are so fond of has no further use for you."

He slowly turned his head to see two tiny hands, one holding a dagger towards his throat, while the other moved to grab the Beljuril pendant around his neck. - "Your shocking display of idiocy and lack of good judgement as wasted my time. You have learned nothing! I shall take this back." - The little voice chastised him. It was obvious whose hands those were. For the first time moving against him with murderous intent. He feared it was too late for him, yet a sudden surge of adrenaline rushed through his body as his survival instincts kicked in. His left eye flared bright once more, and with a loud roar and explosive speed he spun around, grabbing her by the neck, violently slamming her tiny frame against the cave wall. The force of the impact took the wind out of her, causing her to lose her grip on the dagger, now laying on the ground.
Breathing heavily, his senses and mind cleared, and something was immediately evident: The halfling woman he held by the neck in a tight grip was one he never saw before. Her hair was black and her skin pale. He looked at the he dagger she had dropped. It was of decent craftsmanship but, much like her clothes and equipment, was otherwise unremarkable. He could sense no traces of magic in them whatsoever. Between a painful grimace and a look of sheer terror, the creature begged for mercy using the common tongue. - "Please Mister... I am sorry... I... I thought you a corpse. I beg of you, don't kill me!"

He leaned closer, inspecting the little creature closely. She had no slave collar, markings, or anything else indicating ownership. The way she addressed him and the usage of common also felt weirdly out of place. Strange for what he suspected to be an escaped slave. Before he could figure out what to do with her, he noticed the small canteen at her hip, which he quickly snatched from her belt. With his attention now fully focused on the contents of the canteen, he released his hold on her. She fell to the ground with a thud and a whimper. After nearly emptying the contents of the canteen down his throat, turned around to see the tiny woman attempting to flee.

"Stop!" - His voice filled the tunnel, demanding her compliance. It was enough to stop her where she stood, slowly turning to face him with empty hands raised. She had made no attempts to attack him, despite his momentary distraction, the dagger remained where it fell. Still terrified, she again pleaded with him. - "I... I'm sorry, Mister. That is all the water I have. But take it... take whatever you want. It is all yours."

His head tilted slightly to the side. He was curious. - "Where did you come from?"

"Sshamath, Mister." - She replied promptly with nervous nodding.

"Alone?" - He asked to which she nodded vigorously.

He narrowed his eyes at her. She became even more stiff at his menacing gaze and growl. - "Don't lie to me!"

"Please, please, please, I am not lying!!! It is true!!!"

Despite his best efforts, he simply couldn't see any deception in her face. The woman was clearly terrified of him. With a deep sigh, looked back at the large cave ahead of him. It resembled a hollow hub of a wheel with many tunnels as spokes in all directions. He again turned to question her. - "This city... Sshamath. Which direction?"

She promptly raised her hand, trembling as she pointed the tunnel leading towards the city. - "Maybe two days march that way, Mister... OH! Water!!! There is a lake... not far. Only a few hours away along that tunnel."

He again considered the halfling woman carefully. A lot about her didn't add up. Despite the lack of marks of ownership, he was sure she was an escaped slave. Perhaps recently captured. Hadn't been broken yet. He entertained his theory about this halfling. She sought to escape bound servitude. Much like he did and still does. He softened at the notion that she could make it. It made his next decision easier. - "Even if unwittingly, you saved my life, and for that you may keep yours." - She recoiled with surprise as he tossed the canteen and kicked the dagger towards her, both now within her reach. - "Move silently, and stay out of sight. Avoid anything that moves, and any noises you hear. Go." - Her fear gave way to a mix of silent confusion and relief as he turned his back to walk away, she could swear she saw a hint of a smile.

The little one had not lied. He found the lake exactly where she said it would be. The very same cave was also host to a variety of mushrooms and other small creatures. It was hard to snuffer the nourishment he was able to find, but he was hardly in a position to be picky. A proper meal would await him Sshamath, and he was in a much better situation than before. With a small measure of strength regained, he opted to followed his own advice. Managing to avoid the dangers lurking in the tunnels, he soon reached the city limits safely.

Once more he seemed to have cheated death. An almost meaningless comfort as he had very little else to show for it except yet another failure, adding to an already impressive list. She, however, had been his worst by far. The mere thought of her angered him. The gem in his left eye socket pulsed with an increasingly brighter red glow. To think she was different than the other Matrons. To think turning her away from Lolth would be his personal insult to the Spider Queen. Yet worst of all, to have allowed himself to fall prey to her charms, to have feelings for her. He stopped as he felt his emotions reaching the tipping point. For good or ill, his anger had been a powerful driving force, but now was not the time. He pressed his hands against the tunnel wall and rammed a fist against stone. The blow released the pressure, the pain acted as a distraction, and what little will he could gather was enough to calm him for the time being.

Shortly after, he approached what looked like a guarded outpost, with a portal leading into the city. The guards paid little attention to him. An odd thing perhaps, yet he wasn't about to question what little good fortune came his way. Upon reaching the magical gate, he took a moment to observe the city that waited just beyond the threshold. With a deep breath, he stepped through.

The deafening sound of a bustling city greeted him. Between the noise, the paths and the crowd, the city itself seemed to nudge him towards a specific place. He soon turned a corner to find the Dark Weavings Bazaar. Never had his eyes seen such a sight. He saw hundreds, perhaps thousands of tents, each a different shop offering everything from simple goods to wondrous magical items from both near and far, of both the underdark and surface. But perhaps strangest of all was the diverse races, where the non drow walked seemingly as free individuals. A far cry from what he was used to. Perhaps his hallucinations had returned, colored by the years he spent on the surface. He rubbed his eyes and focused his mind, yet the strange sight persisted, and was far too much to fully grasp at the present moment. There would be time for answers later.

The couple of hours following his arrival were spent roaming the bazaar. The coin he had on him was enough to procure the herbs, potions and other curatives that would help him restore his still diminished strength, as well as an affordable inn where he could lay low and recover. For a tenday, he mostly remained inside the confines of the inn. Hardly anyone even took notice of him during that time, but the instincts developed in harsher places of the underdark, where being perceived weak usually spells one's doom, don't simply wear off over a couple of cycles. He bid his time, gathered his strength, and when his wounds had healed enough, he finally dared to venture out and discover this new and strange place he found himself in, and perhaps even begin anew.

//This point marks the end of the prologue to Vesz'yraens story in BGTSCC.
Last edited by BloodRiot on Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Characters:
Vesz'yraen
BloodRiot
Retired Staff

Re: Vesz'yraen

He took full advantage of what the bazaar had to offer. Coin was short, but still enough to satisfy his needs. His travel torn belongings were either repaired or replaced. Most of all, he cared for his blade, Defiance. It had been with him since he left Eryndlyn but had been damaged during his escape from the Cormanthor. It had been properly polished and sharpened. He smirked as he lightly ran his fingertip along its edge. He would now treat himself to the proper meal he craved, and a bottle of Menzoberranzan Azure.

He stuck to a quiet corner to enjoy the food and wine. He paid little to no attention to the minstrels, despite their impressive efforts. He felt aimless, and while the solitude didn't bother him, the lack of a defined purpose did. For the first time in a very long time he didn't know what to do. Not learning of the Tower of the Masked Mage seemed to interest him. Not after his experiences with the Jaelre. He'd just be fighting someone else's gain in detriment of his own. Of that he had enough of. He stood up and walked out, hoping to find his own way somehow.

"You seem to have caught my interest." - No sooner did the Gloura's Wings door shut behind him when he heard her words. Her eyes upon him, it felt to him as if she was appraising his worth. After a quick glance to size her up, he dipped his head to her. She lacked insignias and wore practical attire. This female didn't flaunt her status, nor looked like she was one to delegate.

"I had been planning to head out for a hunt out in the tunnels, but perhaps you had something else in mind?" - She didn't miss a beat, and cut straight to the point. To him that sounded less like a question, more of a thinly veiled demand. The corner of his mouth twitched in reflex. The first time he was approached, and already he could feel the spider webs clinging to him.

"No. Do you wish to have my blade at your side?" - He wasn't in a position he wanted to be in, but he feared the consequences of an outright refusal. He played it safe. - "Would you give me your name, and station, so that I may properly address you?"

"No station, no House. I am Shurtyrr." - She replied, noting his submissive manners and etiquette, which still unbeknownst to him, were very outlandish in Sshamath. He nodded and introduced himself. - "I am Vesz'yraen. No station or House worth mentioning."

"Very well, just don't stab me in the back." - To him, her almost playful delivery came across like a warning. Still, not an unwarranted one. The idea had already crossed his mind, and he was sure she suspected as much.

"I wouldn't think it."

She regarded him for a moment and nodded towards the Varalla's Passage gate and the two headed off. He followed close behind as she lead the way through the tunnels. She seemed carefree. He on the other hand was tense. Hand on his hilt and feeling the rush of anticipation. All he needed was a reason. It was not until they were halfway across the Passage, well outside the city limits that she broke the silence. - "So what brings you to Sshamath?" - The way she asked sounded like she was making small talk.

"Nothing noteworthy. Perhaps, the start of something new." - He was truthful, if somewhat vague. She replied in kind, perhaps more intentionally so than him. - "Ahh, I see. I would say that was my reason too."

The small talk continued as they approached the goblin warrens. Among different topics, Shurtyrr told Vesz'yraen of a Tiefling named Nephym. A would-be Captain in search of a ship and crew to start some yet undisclosed endeavor in Undrek Vallanar. He doubted he had any interest in this, but still indulged her.

Before Shurtyrr could finish explaining the Tiefling's goals, they heard several goblins approaching. They were aware and charging at the drow. Two curved daggers slid from Shurtyrr's sleeves straight into her hands as she stood ready. Vesz'yraen drew his blade and charged the incoming horde. Between his onslaught and her opportunistic precision, both were more than a match for the goblins. They both glanced around and nodded at each other, confirming it was over.
Characters:
Vesz'yraen
BloodRiot
Retired Staff

"You seem bored." - She noted after her assessment of his skill against the goblins. - "I was thinking of heading deeper. It's hardly even worth it to fight these goblins."

Before he could answer, approaching footsteps announced a new arrival. A female, wielding a longbow greeted both of them with a relaxed nod. - "Seeking a challenge, Shurtyrr? And who is this male with you? He seems handy with that blade."

"This male? One I just met inside the city." - The two females exchanged some banter. They seemed to know each other well, as it felt like this was business as usual for them. The archer turned to Vesz'yraen and introduced herself as Dilarra of House Zau'Afin. According to her, she was a warrior of low station. She was, without a question, a spider. After a quick debate, the group settled on the Illithid Mines and set forth immediately.

They tested their mettle against many duergar, but the real threat were the mindflayers. Hard fought battles with a few close calls, yet the drow emerged victorious. Dilarra seemed satisfied with the overall performance of her two companions and unceremoniously left the pair to find their own way out. Vesz'yraen and Shurtyrr both agreed they should find a safe place to gather their strength before returning to Sshamath.

A bright disc that materialized before their eyes. The unmistakable signature of a teleport spell. Her pleased voice was the first through the portal. The start of what seemed a well practiced dramatic entrance, with all the mannerisms and affectations of a Priestess of Lolth. - "Ahh there you are, Shurtyrr. Lolth's tests are purposefully difficult to cull the weak. Still, you more than rose to the challenge."

"Priestess Maim" - Shurtyrr dipped her head.

The priestess nodded Shurtyrr, then regarded Vesz'yraen attentively. - "I wanted to see your new friend up close... Vesz'yraen was it?. The scrying pool can be so dull at times. House Zau'Afin's needs skilled warriors, Vesz'yraen. Consider this, and if you find it suits you, I urge you to seek me out in our House Grounds at your discretion."

His last failure, which brought him here in the first place was still fresh in his mind. He had no interest in joining. Outright refusal, however, was not wise. He bowed his head at the Priestess, opting instead for a more diplomatic approach. - "Priestess, you honor me. I will do so."

"Yes, consider it. Those who survive the trials find that Zau'Afin looks after their own. Which brings me back to my other purpose here. " - Maim added, turning to Shurtyrr. - "Lolth is pleased with you this cycle. I bring you her blessings."

Shurtyrr kneeled before the Priestess, and Vesz'yraen had little choice but to join her. He did his best to contain his desire to recoil from Maim's touch. To reject the spider's blessings. Perhaps it was Lolth's doing or simply his disgust at the mere thought of what he was being forced to accept. A truly revolting feeling.

"It is done." - Maim declared. Shurtyrr bowed again to the priestess as they bid each other farewell. Another portal opened and the Priestess was gone, leaving Shurtyrr in a delicate situation. Maim had revealed Shurtyrr as one of their own. She sighed as she turned towards Vesz'yraen's silent gaze.

"Yes, I am aligned with House Zau'afin. I hold no position of note, however." - There was no point in denying. That much she knew. - "I figured I would clear things up, if they were not already made so." - Shurtyrr's incredulity was obvious. It was hard to tell what frustrated her more. Her allegiance being revealed, or the manner by which it happened.

"Crystal clear." - His annoyance was carried by the tone of his reply. Perhaps Maim was still watching through her Scrying pool. Despite appearances to the contrary, it would be safer to assume it had been intentional. Under the assumption they were being watched, he walked away heading out of the mine. Seeing he didn't seem interested in questioning her, Shurtyrr was more than happy to drop the subject. - "Well, lets see if we can get out without Dilarra."
Characters:
Vesz'yraen
BloodRiot
Retired Staff

The return to Sshamath was uneventful and both arrived unharmed through Varalla's Passage. Inside the city, as the two were about to part ways, they were approached by a Tiefling. He seemed pleased with himself as he felt the weight of a coin purse. He greeted Shurtyrr who pointed out that this was in fact, the very same Tiefling she talked about earlier that cycle, Nephym. Vesz'yraen asked if she meant the Captain, Nephym clarified that he wasn't yet. For that he'd need a ship first. He explained his plan with enough detail. Once he procured a ship, he'd set sail to pirate the Glimmersea. According to the tiefling, he'd would pioneer that activity in those waters and was convinced the profit would be unprecedented. Vesz'yraen, was neither convinced by Nephym's ideas, nor was he particularly tactful when pointing out the reasons. While casually relieving several passers-by of their gold, Nephym took the drow's snide remarks in stride and reasserted the merit of his ideas.

Meanwhile Shurtyrr observed the conversation between the two, taking note of Vesz'yraen's changed demeanor. From mostly subdued and subservient, to forward and abrasive. While Shurtyrr was not particularly fooled by his act, she now took note of his natural self. She seemed to want the two to meet from the very start, though the purpose was unclear. After the conversation, the three went their own separate ways.

He was finally alone, and wanted nothing more than to find a bath house to wash the stain that priestess had left on him. A symbolic gesture perhaps, but water always seemed to have a relaxing effect on him. Sitting under the flow of a waterfall relaxed his body. Submerging completely for as long as he could hold his breath quieted his mind. He would not dare to think that a city like Sshamath was unable to provide him this respite.

Several cycles later, Vesz'yraen had traveled to Undrek Naudal to escape the confusion of Sshamath. There he was approached by Nephym. Although he had seen the crafty tiefling strolling through the Bazaar, helping himself to whatever loose coin his tail could snatch, it wasn't unexpected to meet him there, since Nephym had mentioned previously this was to be the launch site of his ship. He greeted Vesz'yraen with a telling grin, suggesting he was up to one of his schemes. - "Well met, male."

Vesz'yraen covered his coin purse with his hand as he greeted the tiefling. Nephym however, didn't seem interested in his coin, instead leaning close to speak in a hushed tone. - "I heard something interesting. Seems some surface dwellers were spotted somewhere around Rockrun. Word is, they seem lost. And that, is what I call an opportunity."

"For what?" - Vesz'yraen he was intrigued by these news. He could guess the tiefling's motivation was coin, but couldn't see how Nephym planned to turn a profit from this. Moreover. since he arrived in Sshamath, Vesz'yraen had been leading an aimless existence. While he doubted tiefling's offer had any have merit or interest to him, he thought it would be wiser to keep some options open, and this was a good opportunity to judge his character.

"Coin of course. What else could it be?" - Nephym's grin widdened. - "I'm still not sure how, but we'll think of something. You in?"

Vesz'yraen again noted the tiefling seemed to make up his plans as he went along. Seemed a far too reckless approach for his liking. Yet, the tiefling seemed to have been doing alright for himself so far. Perhaps Nephym was much less of a fool than he looked.

Vesz'yraen nodded at the tiefling who seemed genuinely pleased to have him along. - "How do we get there?"

Nephym pointed toward the far end of the docks. - "See that boat? Once you're ready, hop aboard. We'll get there soon enough."
Characters:
Vesz'yraen
BloodRiot
Retired Staff

"Lights! People!" - Nephym quickly spotted the visitors from above. That's one way to paint a huge target on yourself in the Underdark. With torches and light spells, in such a vast and open cavern, one could imagine such a beacon to visible for miles.

"Are you people trying to blind everyone?" - Nephym approached them in the most casual manner imaginable. Too casually for Vesz's liking. The humans had seen the tiefling by now and hiding was pointless.

"Halt! Who goes there?" - One of the humans shouted out in common, alerting the others in his group who were quick to mount a defensive line. - "Identify yourselves!"

Both Vesz'yraen and Nephym could tell the humans were terrified, despite their attempts to look the contrary. Vesz'yraen was interested in learning their purpose here, but Nephym had other, more profitable plans in mind. When Nephym introduced himself, one of the humans wrote his name down. Vesz'yraen opted to remain silent and not reveal anything about himself.

It would be wise to learn more from the humans, but before Vesz could even attempt it, Nephym was already working one of his fleecing schemes. He told them of the illusory barrier concealing the entrance to Rockrun, and taking advantage of their fear, he managed to trick them into buying his services as a guide for an exorbitant amount of gold.

"I see you already made a deal." - In the drow language, a female voice was heard approaching the humans opposite of Vesz and Nephym. Some of the humans moved to form a second defensive line towards the masked female, whose figure was definitely of a drow. - "Tell me Nephym, why do you extort these lost folk?"

Vesz grew exceedingly concerned by the presence of this unknown woman. Nephym however, smiled at her as he replied in drow as well. - "Ah Mistress, do not worry. You can have a share of the profit. The amount of coin doesn't matter to me as much as the fun I get from taking it."

A Mistress. Someone of importance, according to the way Nephym addressed her. Vesz'yraen could tell they knew each other, but that did little to lessen his concerns regarding this female. The humans too were increasingly confused and afraid and not understanding a word spoken. - "What are you saying? Stop speaking that dark tongue. We already agreed to pay. Now keep your end of the bargain, fiend. Take us to Rockrun."

The drow female first glanced towards a silent but observant Vesz'yraen, taking notice of him. Next, at Nephym with a condemnatory stare. Finally regarding the humans, she approached, addressing them in the common tongue. - "I shall take you to Rockrun. No coin needed." - Her offer surprised both Vesz and Nephym. - "I'm helping them out too, what's the problem if I take some of their coin?"

"I will speak to you later, Nephym." - Was the only thing she said to the frowning tiefling.

The humans took a step step back and pointed their weapons at the woman defensively. "You... state your name."

"My name is Lomith." - As she introduced herself, the humans immediately wrote down her name down, like before with Nephym. After a short conversation. Lomith got the humans to accept her help.

Guided by the two drow and tiefling, the humans were safely escorted to through the illusory barrier. Nephym and Lomith argued over their differing methods of offering help. Vesz, while intrigued by the way Lomith acted, kept much of his attention on the humans, who spoke amongst themselves in hushed tones. He overheard them talking of a main camp and something about a captain. There was a cleric of Torm among these humans. A scouting party of sorts, with orders to avoid the Drow at all costs and report back as much as they could. Nothing good could come of this, Vesz'yraen thought to himself. It seemed there was some larger plan in motion. Nothing more could be learned before the humans where handed over to the care of the gnomish scouts guarding the pass. Lomith, Nephym and Vesz'yraen made their way back out of the barrier.

"Honestly, why the concern for surfacers?" - Nephym again asked Lomith in protest. Vesz turned his gaze to her, finding the tiefling's question pertinent. Lomith seemed annoyed at Nephym. Her stare made it obvious she was still questioning his petty motives, yet Nephym continued. - "You know I'm not one to question a Priestess, but expected you to smite these surface dwellers, or at least throw one of them on the altar. I certainly did not expect you to help them for free."

"What?!" - Vesz was taken aback by this revelation. Nephym could only be mistaken. There was no way a Priestess of the Spider Queen would behave in the manner Lomith did. He looked angrily between the two. - "Is this a joke?"
Characters:
Vesz'yraen