Journal of Na'Karia

Character Biographies, Journals, and Stories

Moderators: Moderator, DM

RavenCredale

Journal of Na'Karia

Unread post by RavenCredale »

Entry 1:

Today was...different than my normal ones. It was ... Fun. A social event involving a mystery game. I had my hunch on the culprit but didn't cast my vote. I figured I could go back to my lone wolf ways and collect funds like I usually do. But as of late since I arrived here in these lands ... I have come to be perplexed by the actions and characters of others. I find my self confused by them more often than not. Their kindness... And tolerance for one such as myself...it confuses me. Should they not be treating me like a monster? Should I not be viewed as lesser then them or just some slab of meat?

Maybe...what I experienced in Thay...what I had grown to call normal... wasn't the best thing for me. Thay had taught me to keep my mouth shut. To never speak and never to be seen unless the master desired it. I learned the feeling of a whip being cracked on my back as punishment for disobeying things. I tended to the lashes after wards and seethed with quiet tears while the lashes healed.

That was what I was use to. The chains, the confinement, the crushing feeling of knowing that I would be nothing in the eyes of those more powerful than I could hope to even be. And I hated it. I grew to resent it, resent myself for allowing it to continue to happen. I knew a dark life with no ray of hope to show me a better path. By all rights, I should be evil in some way...yet I am not. I do not care for good nor Evil. I just want to survive.

But I feel like I am getting off topic, I reminiscing about how today was a good day. I had fun today and didn't keep the the same plan I always had. I should...speaks with others more...attempt to make friends...though the concept is still unfamiliar to me.
RavenCredale

Re: Journal of Na'Karia

Unread post by RavenCredale »

Entry 2:

Greenest...the Green Fields, they are places of interest to the group I have found myself to now be a part of. Some are aware of what I can do, where I am from, the sort of life I had. Only one in the group knows of my Pact. Only one to really ask I think, if I'm miss remembering then I may have taken one to my hits from a Flind earlier. But this group has been...comforting so far.

One question, rather statement, was posed to me the other day. Something revolving around love and companionship. I do not believe it would be smart of me to seek such things out. Not while I still have a debt to pay. Not only would I be in danger but so would they, and my patron would use them as leverage over me to force me into commiting damnable acts. I cannot afford that. This is my burden to bare and if the path demands I bare it alone...then so be it.

I know others have said they if I need aid, I have but to ask. But what if my payment to my patron is something that goes against morals? Devil's are known to be corruptive beings. A simple 'Do this for me and then we're even.' is not how their deals go. Mine wanted my soul, I refused, now I'm in debt to them and with no means of knowning whwn or where they would have me settle this debt.

Return to “Character Biographies and Journals”