The zaharia't Family History

Character Biographies, Journals, and Stories

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Arinia

The zaharia't Family History

Unread post by Arinia »

The truth,like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.
-An universal law.
Fragments of the history of the Zaharia’t family
Generation 0
(many decades ago)

The sky was beginning to clear up. The heavy clouds of the previous night began to dissolve. But the water of the storm had done its damage. The plantation had been jeopardized. To avoid losing the season, the whole family was working hard, reopening the canals of irrigation trying to make the water to be drained more quickly.

How the time could change, so fast? It was what was happening on the head of Ober, the father of the family. Two days ago, was sunny, no forecast of rain. But yesterday, an hour to another, in the middle of the afternoon, the weather closed. The sky turned in a frightening color. Lightnings were saw in the land all the time. And that continued until late at night.

And now, again, the sky was clear. As if nothing had happened. Except when looking down to the floor. This was the day that changed the course of a complete family of farmers.

-Father! Father! Here! , Said the voice of Ania, the 18 years old daughter, with a tone of despair.

As she was always calm, it called the Ober’s attention, who ran in her direction. When he reached her, he saw, on the ground, a body of a man. With the chest full of blood and clothes all torn. They took him to the house and washed. He was still alive.

Ania could not take her eyes of him. To her, that was the most beautiful vision she ever saw.

In the days that follow, herbs were collected and processed in infusions that were applied methodically in the wounds of that man. Clean, It was noted that his hair was blonde and his face had a mark. He appears to have 25 years old. Seemed high, about 1.90m.

Was a morning when the sun invaded the window of the room just behind Ania, who was sitting in the bed, treating his wounds, when he opened the eyes.

And he saw her for the first time. She was illuminated by the sun, surrounded by a bright aura.

- As I pavx rusel? As I asucw acwelhl? (Am I back at home? Am I among angels?) -He said in a language that she didn’t understand.

Ania took a leap of fright and called his father.
-Where am I? - Said the strong voice, but low, of man. An unknown accent, but in common language. His eyes were golden.

And months passed. Months of recovery. Every day, he sought more and more. And he spent all the free time with Ania. There was a strong bound between them. In a month, he was walking. In three months, he was helping the family in the plantation.

But as time passed, a sadness got both. That man was ready to leave. And Ania felt it.

There were a total of six months. Enough so that the two fell into a passion that would last forever. In this period, he avoided talking about his origins, but was always polite. Trying also to distance himself from Ania, because he knew he shoud go, but she was persistent.

In an end of afternoon, she went to the plantation and waited him. And both walked back home through a small hill. When reached the top, she looked at the sunset and said:

-You will leave, soon.

He did not respond. But it was a consent.

-I love you. – She said.

-I have to go. This is not my place. –Said, him, polite.

-Do you love me?

He did so with the head:
-From the first day I saw you, when I opened my eyes.

-You are not like us, are you?

He confirmed with silence, and asked:
-How do you know?

-You are different. The first sentence you said was not in our language, the same you teached me. Your accent. Your beauty. I don’t know. I just feel it.
He faced her, looking with all he felt on her. And she understood.

The belly of Ania started to become visible. Happened three months ago, on the top of a small hill. A week before the man leave the farm. He tried to stop the momentum. Warned her that he would have to go. But she did not care. She wanted to be a part of it and has a part of him. It was at that moment of love that she saw his true nature. Was even more beautiful than she thought.

From the last moments with him, she remembers forever the two questions that did and their answers. She asked if she would see him again and he said he would do everything to see her again. She asked if the child would be born "normal." He said the baby would be a beautiful human woman, a mirror that would reflect the beauty of love between the two. He said also that she would be special, an Aasimar.

And so the years passed.
The baby had become a child. And her mother told stories about her father. Both waiting for his return, anxious.
That child had become a young woman. And the mother continued to tell the stories about her father. And waiting for his return with the heart in pain. Meanwhile, the time took Ania's father, and her mother. And the daughter of Ania divided the farm duties with her mother.

The young lady had become an adult and married. Her mother continued to tell the stories of her father to the daughter and her husband. And the pain in the heart became melancholy.

Until the years finally reached Ania, who was lying in his bed. Her daughter was sitting beside her, with eyes full of tears. The breath of her mother was heavy. And the daughter heard the last words:

- You came back.

-I said I would come back one day. -said the strong voice of the man, with wings collected. He was behind his daughter.

-Of course I came back, Mom. I am here. -said her daughter, taking her hand.

-I always loved you. -Ania said.
-I always loved you and always will. -Said the voice of the man.

-I love you, Mom. Said the daughter, with tears dripping, do not understanding why her mother did not looked into her eyes. It was as if Ania was looking to the infinite.

-My daughter. She is so beautiful. -said the mother.
-Our daughter is beautiful. You created her well. -said the man's voice, gentle.

-Mom. -said his daughter, moved.

-I want so much that you could see him.
-She will one day. Like you. But she has a whole life ahead, yet. And she has to walk her own destiny.

-Please, Mom. Do not talk about my father now. I am here and you are all that matters to me.

-Come on, my love. I will take you with me. This journey ended. The eternity awaits us-the voice said, gently, flooded of love.

Ania opened a weak smile, then looked at her daughter with an expression of sorrow, and said:
-I will miss you.

And these were her last words.
Last edited by Arinia on Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:29 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Arinia

Re: The zaharia't Family History

Unread post by Arinia »

Generation 1

The Ania's daughter, Zaia, was beautiful. Her white face carried a mark with soft designs, like a painting, in black. Her eyes were golden as that of her father. The simple act of talking attracted the attention of those around her. She married late to the human standards. But since her 25 years old, her mother noted that Zaia's development was different from normal. The skin still was smooth as of ten years ago. At 30 years, seemed to have 20. And at 35 years old, she married.

She met her husband for the first time on a trip to the city, just before the invasion. He was a merchant. In principle, She had passed through the tent and just looked. Son, she was noted for her beauty. In weeks, she had asked about the fruit on the sell. So, more personal questions and conversations.

The time turned them on lovers, and soon they became engaged - when she explained her nature.

But an invasion erupted. Citizens joined the Guard to fight and many died. Houses were burned and businesses were destroyed, including his. Days after the invasion be contained, both were married and he became a farmer, with Zaia.

She was, nõw, remembering the last moments of life of her mother, with bitterness:
- You came back. -Said, Ania.

It was a surprise to Zaia, because she was next to her mother almost all the time. Would the memory of Ania failing in the last moments of life?
-Of course I came back, Mom. I am here.

-I always loved you. -Ania said.

-I love you, Mom. -Said the daughter, noticing that her mother seemed to look after her, even having nothing there.

-My daughter. She is so beautiful. -said, the mother.

-Mom. - Zaia said, moved.

-I want so much that you could see him.

A bit of frustration took account of Zaia. She heard, all the life, stories about her father. How beautiful he was, his voice, his gestures, his kindness, how he teached ania to speak the language of angels in just six months. But since her father never returned, Zaia felt he was not worthy to be mentioned in the last moments of life for Ania.
-Please, Mom. Do not ask him now. I am here and you is all that matters to me.

-I will miss you.

These were the last words of her mother, who for the first time that day, looked directly into the eyes of her daughter. Zaia, then, remembered the many moments of her life. Her childhood, when she discovered that could illuminate the space around, when she felt afraid of the dark of night. The times that led with her proud mother to the city and how Ania sometimes fought against people who stranged the mark on the face of Zaia.

Remembered how the men looked to her with a mixture of attraction and fear. How her mother taught her the language of angels. When she met her husband. And, in all phases of her life, how her mother spoke of her father, and how Ania became more and more sad as he not returned.
Therefore, Zaia had no appreciation for that ancestral branch.

The following year, the drought took over the farm where they lived. The plantation was devastated, the animals died of thirst and life had become hard. For the first time in her life, she prayed. Prayed to Chauntea, to Azuth and even for her father. But there was no response. The drought continued. Another year of drought, and they would have to leave the place. And then came to hate her celestial root.

Her husband, desperate, made a pact with fey forces. And their requests were met. And the rain returned.

In the best year of harvest, Zaia got pregnant. In the sixth month of pregnancy, she and her husband noticed something unusual. Her belly was bigger than expected. And to surprise of both, at the date of birth, were born four children. A miracle they all survived. Four girls with gold markings on faces and gold eyes, all identical.

As a promise to her mother, she taught them the celestial language, even againt her will. And the children grew up on the farm. All, like the mother, with a gentle nature above normal.

-Mother, why do we have these drawings on the face? The people of the two neighboring farms do not. -Zaia, knew this day would come. Opened a gentle smile and replied waht Ania said, once.

-Honey, we are all different from one another. Closely, nobody is normal. Those who look alike with each other uses the similarity as a mask to hide what they really are. Your mark, my love, is a sign of honesty. You show to others that you are different and do not need to hide who you really are.

-What am I, mother?

-An Aasimar. Do you know what that is?

-No.

-This means that you are a good person, a ray of light that comes to illuminate the lives of those who are in darkness.

On a day, when the children were 6 years old, Zaia led to the market in the city. On this day, a crowd formed around the five, driven by a wave of xenophobia acquired the last invasion. The citzens began with words of hatred. Hatred turned into aggressive actions, with objects being thrown. And of objects, some people began to threaten them, physically. The mother, taken in anger and instinct of protection, advanced towards the last person that threw a fruit in the face of her daughter.

This was the day that, for the first time, one of her daughters made something that surprised even her mother. Arinia was able to handle a power other than that they knew and a black jet yielded from her arms. The energy was not strong, but it was enough to unbalance an attacker, making him fall down. Enough, too, to frighten all around, making them flee.
From that day, her mother had become extremely protective and exits of the farm became almost zero.

But the daughters grown. And as with those living in protection, came the desire to explore the world, to know it.

Zaia was now 67 years old. And her husband, with 57. When married, they appeared to have same age. Now, she seemed a little younger than him, even with 10 years more.

She looked to the door of the farmhouse, to the path that led her children away. And she started to acknowledge that the life would, sometime, get the husband away from her.
Last edited by Arinia on Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:35 am, edited 4 times in total.
Arinia

Unread post by Arinia »

Generation 2

They were beautiful. Since small. There was an aura that surrounded them.

Zahari, early, had a gift for music. Playing with anything that could make noise. And when there was nothing close by, while walking by the plantation, whistled a song made in the moment.

TNaiv, the second to born, liked to play hide-and-seek, throwing stones in the clay pots, tracking the pets, playing hunting. But, as, at her 15's, she discovered her sister Zahari habilities, she got fascinated by that and seek out the path of magic, besides in another way. She doen't envy her sister. She loves her very much and defend her with all the forces she have.

Zahirah, the third to be born in the same day, was more calm. She loved the animals on the farm. When any animal was wounded, she was the first to help. But wasn't just about the animals. She really enjoyed being in the middle of the forest. Many times making her mother worried when late for dinner because she was in the forest. When the sisters played hide-and-seek there, she and Arinia were usually the last to be found at the top of some tree.

Arinia, the last being born, was the most quiet. If Tnaiv was more calm, Zahira was more quiet. She liked to be alone. When not playing, she was sitting or lying, repeating words in a low voice, which her mother discovered to be a kind of prayer without gods. Words of good intentions. With 6 years old, discovered the ability to manipulate her internal strength. But after that day, given the request of her mother, never tried to repeat it.

The four different versions of kindness. Manifestations of the Good in their several ways. Identical, with different interiors.

But their stories still have to be written.

Their images, with more details:
http://www.bgtscc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2294
Last edited by Arinia on Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Arinia

Unread post by Arinia »

Chronicles

What a Hero is Made Of

The wind began to lay the yellow leaves of the trees in the field. It was early autumn. That was the last of many conversations Zaia and her daughters had before the day of departure.

-I just can not understand why you want to go. You have everything here. You all were happy here. -Said Zaia.

-Mother, we have to go. We just arrived from the neighboring farm to say bye to Mizra.

-But why?

-You know why, mother. You also feel what we feel. You know that we are born for something more noble. We all feel it. We were born to make the good, to make a difference. Here we are stuck! Here we are just farmers. We are leaving here to fill our destiny. -Said Tnaiv.

-Mother, you lived all your life on the farm. What did you do to accomplish the goal that was given when you was born? Here, you could not fulfill your true destiny: to make a difference. -Zahira said.

-I created you. I made a difference for four people.

-Of course you did, mother. -Arinia said, looking serious to Zahira.

-What I mean, Mom, is that you had so much potential! You are stronger than normal people. Stronger than dad. You are beautiful, have the gift. But with all this, chose a normal life when you could have made a difference. We want to make a difference, mother.

Zaia looked at the weather. In his mind, the autumn wind stopped. And in place of the next winter, come summer. Summer of twenty-five years ago. The temperature was above normal for the period and the rain did not come for months. The drought had hit the entire region. It was the third straight year of drought, but that was the worst.

On her farm, there was still a bit of water stored in a tank. But all the neighboring farms were being abandoned. And in one of them, all animals were dead, including riding. It was as if the gods were punishing. And a child was to be born into a family of eight people.

-The Dawsons will not be able to escape the drought. -Zaia, said to the husband, after hearing the news of a neighbor who was passing, leaving the region.

Both had agreed that would share a little water with those who were leaving their homes. Her husband was concerned:
-If they stay there, they will die.

-We have to help them. The neighbor's husband failed to return to them. She is alone with six children and she is pregnant- said Zaia.

-You know that our water will end within days. Less than a week if they come here.

-I know.

There was more talk. They took some canteens and went to the nearby farm.

When they arrived, even knowing what they would find, could not but feel horror at what they saw. One of the six children had died one day before. The other five children had their ribs showing. The Dawnsons mother was with the loose skin at the lack of water, and the baby to be born. It was as if nature had been sucking all it could of her body, trying to save the life of the child in her womb.

Zaia distributed the water, taking care that all of them drink minimum. In the situation they were, drinking too much could kill them.

Zaia took three children on her lap and her husband took two, leaving her mother for the next trip. They returned to the farm. She then asked him to stay with the children while returning to get the pregnant woman. Sometimes, he felt ashamed that she could do more physical work than he. But this was a case involving life and did not show any feeling.

And so she made another trip now with the sun beginning to descend the sky.
All were saved. But the days kept dry. And the water ending.

So, Zaia told her husband that would rest, as in meditation, to save forces and save water. Being stronger than the others, she could endure much more with the deprivation. Their share of water has to be given to the pregnant.

She prayed to Chauntea.

The drought continued and Zaia's husband began to despair. The tank would not last two more days. Zaia refused to take water, except a little at night.

She prayed also for Azuth.

At this point, the husband also was in a state of dehydration.

And the child was born. But the lack of water had dried up the mother's milk.

-Father, if you hear me, please help us. -Zaia begged for his father, who also had not responded.

In total desperation, her husband tried a pact with fey forces. He knew this would have consequences in the future, but the present was more urgent. Coincidence or not, the next day the weather closed and rain begun.

Zaia recovered quickly and was soon able to return to farming. The grains were stored was also at the end. Within days, life began to return to the region. The farm families began to return and Zaia helped drive the beasts of prey, as outlaws who have occupied some of the farms or that have formed around the city next to plunder the abandoned stores. Also helped, donating part of their food and seeds for the region to be established soon. And become Mizra godmother, the child saved in the womb.

Her mind, then returned to the present, with her daughter saying that Zaia didn't make the difference as a farmer. She opened a gentle smile and hugged Arinia.

-I love you all. Never forget that.
Arinia

Unread post by Arinia »

Chronicles
Gratitude

(Events that occurred 22 years ago, when the sisters were 6 years old)

It was a sunny morning, with the autumn breeze tempering the heat.
All months, Zaia took her daughters to the city to shopping. It was the most awaited event for them. The day of seeing people. In some of the tours, the four girls pretending to be adventurers. Sometimes, pretending to be traders and starting to trade fruits and toys with the merchants. Other times, they were princess waiting for the prince. And, of course, their mother was crazy having to care for the four did not disappear.

Typically, Zaia was well received, especially by those who were directly helped by her family in time of drought. Received discounts, was invited to lunch at someone's house.

But time passes and minds seem to forget their heroes, especially those who do not wear armor and weapons, especially those who aren’t feared for their strength. It was already a decade that the drought had passed and the city had recovered economically. Once the funds began to remain, the government began to invest in defense. Weapons, people, more resistant buildings, all to prevent further looting as happened in the first invasion at the time of Zaia’s marriage, and the second invasion, when bandits looted the city during the dry season.

As the increased investment in defense, like any group of the animal kingdom, those citizens have come to recognize themselves as a group, an union. Similarly, started to identify more closely those who were outside.
But when you invest in something, own interests begins to permeate the environment. Fearful of losing support of the investment, the ones that managed the resources of the guard began to spread rumors about groups of bandits surrounding the city. Sometimes, they brought the bodies and told stories of how criminal organizations was dismantled or how they prevented attacks on merchants.

The stories became more and more impressive, more epic, and the guard was seen as the most remarkable achievements by local government. They were true heroes to the citizens eyes. And those outside the city were viewed with increasing suspicion.

It was sunny this morning that Zaia and her daughters were surrounded by a crowd. Recognized not only for being outsider, but because they are different, with golden eyes and marks on their faces.
-You are not welcome here! -said a citizen.

Zaia, as usual, smiled gently, gesturing slowly with her head, and argued:
-Why not, kind sir?

-Go back to the sect which you has come! - Shouted another.
-Witch! - Shouted one woman.

Zaia, at first, had been worried and slightly indignant. A witch? It was what she thought for a bit of second before she relate the phrase with the marks on her face. This had never happened before. She had always been well accepted in any place. Sometimes, people seemed to have a little fear as they approached, but soon with the first few minutes of dialogue, she would let anyone extremely comfortable and the fear disappeared.

-I am not a witch. I'm just a farmer, with their daughters, shopping in town. Zaia said, emphasizing the word "daughters".

-You should not come here. People like you are not welcome in the city. Go away, I'm warning you.

And, as happens when you are in a group, people became more brave as the strong words were uttered. And then everyone saw themselves as members of the guard, heroes, fighting against the terrible and threatening enemy.

And a vegetable was thrown, almost reaching Zaia, who was concerned about their daughters and with the indignation rising. How dare? After all we had done? Looked around looking for somebody from the city that would do away the misunderstanding, but there was nobody for her unhappiness.

Other vegetables was attacked, hitting her face. She tried to keep calm, breathing deeply, cleaning the face. But her eyes began to fill with tears. Tears of sadness, anger, fear.

- I'll go away, as you requested. -Said.

But other food was thrown, hitting Zahira.

When you're cornered, there are two alternatives governed by the instinct of self-preservation. Typically, the safest course is run. But when a calf is threatened, this is not an option. The only instinct that remains is to fight. And the eyes of Zaia, golden and piercing, narrowed like a predator, looking for those right ahead. Her teeth were closed and her mouth opened in a snarl. She was ready to attack.

Those who were in front, for a brief moment, retreated. But as soon as consciousness returned, they realized they were in huge advantage. There was no chance for a simple woman and four children. Still, this perception was not enough to absorb the nonsense they were doing, by threatening a mother and her daughters.

When Zaia was about to attack, and she would easily break down three or four people before being beaten by the crowd, a dark jet went on her side and knocked the man who was in front. She looked and saw Arinia with hands outstretched. Frowned and stood less than a second. Many of those who were around, in panic, began to flee. Possibly the collective instinct of the population must have calculated that if a child of five persons could tip male adult with the use of supernatural powers, the five together could make an even bigger mess.

Some others were shocked, stopped, looking at the man lying on the floor, hesitating to get up. At this moment, a merchant arrived shouting :

-Stop it! Stop it! How you all have the courage to challenge this woman? How can threaten the family that most helped us in time of crisis! She gave us food! Water! Seeds! Shelter! Fought beside us! Bastards! You owe your pathetic lives to it! The city also would be a village if she had not helped us! Bastards! Out! Out!- That merchant was one of those who had been helped in the drought. And with him, there were four people.

The crowd began to disperse.

Zaia looked at the merchant, with her eyes shedding tears.She was horrified, afraid, humiliated. And collapsed in tears. Her daughters hugged her legs and waist and the man took her home. Gave water and food for all children. The mother couldn’t feed because of the jitters.

And an hour later, they escorted her out of the city in safety, so they returned to the farm.
Last edited by Arinia on Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arinia

Unread post by Arinia »

Chronicles
Heritages, Chaos, Pray

Was a long time ago when Arinia had the first manifastation of her powers. Was in the open-air market. They was surronded. People was manacing them with no reason.

She just felt it. An energy. Emerging from within. A will of protect her mother. And, without thinking, she just estendeu her arms and all what she was feeling just travelled por her body and came out from her hands.

She remembered the moments after the event. When they was travelling back home, her mother was silent, but looking for her sometimes until she said:

-Love, how did you do that? -with calm voice.

But Arinia was affraid, confused and just cried.

When they came home, her mother explained everything what happened with them to her husband.
But what most marked happened hours after. Arinia noticed her father very disturbed by all the day. At night, he called her mother to chat inside the bedroom. The conversation was low, but at some moment her mother begun to say in more and more high voice.

-What did you do? How did you do this? -Zaia was very irritated.

-What should I do! I was seen you and all around die! We all would die! We prayed, prayed and no god, no god helped us!

-But it always has consequences!

Arinia, with just six years old, besides can't know what was the content of the dialog, knew that it should have something to do with what she did at morning. And started to feel guilty of some bad thing she done.

When in bed, she was in fetal position, crying, when she felt her sister, Zahari, lying besides her and hugging her. In a few minutes, she felt to sleep:

Dream

She was in a very calm place. Could be the backyards, when she used to play with her sisters. In the top of a hill she saw a man calling her with a gesture. According she was getting close, she could see him better. A very nice looking man. With golden eyes and a mark in his face, like her, her sisters and mother. Since all the people she knew with that description was good and loved by her, she couldn't feel more confortable with him.

The man smiled at her, kindly, and said:
-Hello, there.

-Hi. -said Arinia, shy.

-You are a beautyful girl, did you know that?

Arinia smiled. He looked over the hill. Can you see your house from here?

She moved her head in an affirmatice.

-Can I tell you a secret? I can fly. -And wings extended from his backs.

She was amazed. He managed his left wing to touch the Arinia noise and made ticke with the plumes. She smiled, openly.

-I bet I can fly with you in my arms. Do you want it?

She wasn't affraid. And they flew over the fields, the house, the plantation. And she felt the wind in her face and the joy.

As if an hour had passed, they landed. Aways with a kind face, he said:

-The time has come, my child. -Smiling.

-Time for what?

-You have a great hability, did you know?

-Mom and dad are angry with me. The had a fight because of me.

-Oh, no, no. They just don't understand what happened. When we don't know something, we sometimes get worried. But you have nothing to worry.

-Will you teach me to control this? To make this stop?

He smiled:
-Oh, but you can control your powers by yourself. You will learn to use it just when you want it or, even, never use it, if you don't want. What I will help you is to control your feelings about it. How to get your emotions more strong so you can decide always with your heart and mind, and not with your fear or anger.

-Mom feels it is bad.

-And she may be right. It will depends how do you use it. What you have is just a tool. The way you will use will say if is bad or good. -says, always smiling. -Now come, I will teach you some nice words, like lyrics of a song. I want you to repeat this all the time you feel angry or sad. Promess me?

And the time has passed. Arinia growed and achieved 15 years old. She never dreamed with the man, again. Instead, she dreamed with know persons, mostly Zahari. Maybe because she was the one that had a special way to calm her down.

Many of the dreams she had after the first one, someone enforced the words she learned. All good dreams. Because of the substitution of the man by Zahari, Arinia started to call her sister as “angel”.As the time passed, Arinia forgot her first dream and the man, but the alias she gave to her sister stood.

This day was very intensive. They received a visit. Someone bringing bad news. The first one was that the taxes had raised. The second, and the one who concerned the family, was that the farms were been probed by a group of outlaws. They invaded one of the farms, already. The guard warned them to take care, be aways together when travelling and always watch for outsiders.

The days after, news about farms been robed increased. The so heroic guards from the city wasn't enough to stop the waves.

One night, she waked, sweating. She was feeling anxiety for a while, since the firsts news. Play with her sisters or help her parents was softening that emotion, but not much.

Then, she got up and drunk water. But the feeling was increasing. She wanted to run. Her arms was tingling. And she got out to the forest. She tried to concentrate and calm down, but her arms was killing her. She was affraid to lose the control in the presence of her family.

She got deep into the forest. As she walked, she let the feelings come to her mind. The bandits, the so proud and uneffective guard, the people surronding her, years ago, the vegetables been throw. And, a jet of energy came out from her, hitting a tree. And another, and another. And the nights she cryied, the injustice she suffered feed her will. And another, another. Hours.

-Ari? -Her mother called.

Arinia was caught.

-Ari! What are you doing? -Said, Zaia, very angry.

-Mom, I'm sorry.

-I told you to never do this! How long have you doing this?

-Just tonight, mom. I swear.

-Get back home! We will have a long conversation!

And they returned. As Zaia said, they had a long conversation. Zaia told about how dangerous could be this power, but without saying about the origins and the pact her husband made, the danger in walk alone with so many bandits walking near. About everything she could remember to say to convince that she could not use that powers.

She, again, was in fetal position. And, again, her sister lay in the bed and hugged her. But, this time, Zahari started to sing in a whisper. A so beautiful song, that could fill all the Arinia soul.

In the day after, while her sisters were playing in the fields, Arinia was in her room, speaking something in low voice. Her mother, passing by the door, listened her speaking alone. Approached the door and listened. Arinia was praying:

“As long as you are kind and there is love in your heart
A thousand hands will naturally come to your aid
As long as you are kind and there is love in your heart
You will reach out with a thousand hands to help others.”

OOC: this pray is not of my authorship. I couldn't find the exact author, but it is a “word of wisdom” related to a performance knows as Thousand Hands Guan Yin. Guan Yin is the godess (or enlightened one) associated with compassion and mercy.

Return to “Character Biographies and Journals”