The Lyon's Roar - the journal of Aaron Lyonaler

Character Biographies, Journals, and Stories

Moderators: Moderator, DM

sweetlikesplenda

The Lyon's Roar - the journal of Aaron Lyonaler

Unread post by sweetlikesplenda »

What is a life, without words to tell its story..?

A great many years have passed since I have made record of myself, aside from the black leather bound journal wherein contains the stratagems and tactics used by myself and my comrades in combat.

Contained within this journal will be, my thoughts, my actions, my past, my present. All these things, and many more, are what have lead me, for better or worse, to the man I am today. To begin, I will recount my childhood, as far back as I can recall. These memories are precious to me, moments that should never be lost.
Aaron Lyonaler - Favored Soul of The Red Knight, Grand Knight of the Radiant Heart, Advisor to Duke Eltan, Order of Lions Member
Bio, Journal

"A proper example is a greater weapon for Good than the sword."
-Aaron Lyonaler
sweetlikesplenda

Re: The Lyon's Roar - the journal of Aaron Lyonaler

My name is Aaron Lyonaler, son of shipping industrialist Marcus Lyonaler, heir to the WhiteLyon shipping fortune. I was born the only son to Captain Marcus and the Lady Elise Lyonaler, twenty two summers ago. The Lyonaler estate is located twenty two miles from the stone walls of Baldur’s Gate, along the shore of the Sword Coast.

My earliest memories are pleasant ones; playing games with the few local children, house servants, and my mother and father. My father was not present in the household often, as his time was spent at sea conducting the family business. I would spend my evenings on the shoreline staring out to sea, imagining great escapades and sea battles that my father might be involved in. My imagination of my father returning victorious over many pirate ships where always dashed, as he rarely encountered any troubles in his travels. Though, I was always pleased to see him returned home safely.

While home, my father and I would engage in strategic games. Our minds locked in battle over games of chess and cards. My father, for all his love and care, never went easy on me. I often thought he was overly harsh to me in our bouts, though, as an adult, I look back and appreciate his methods, for they helped me develop and grow in ways I could not, should I have been coddled. It was not until I reached the age of twelve that I finally bested my father in a game of chess. The game we played will forever be burned in my memory…

I had made a risky move, a bishop sacrifice for a pawn to check his king, in an effort to draw out my father’s knight. After a moment’s consideration, the knight was moved forward and my white bishop removed from the board. My queen moved diagonally to the row the knight had moved from, the knight no longer safe to return, nor move again to prevent a forced check. Several moves later my knight was pressed forward aggressively to check his king again, forcing his queen to take the knight piece, the trap was set and his pieces moved into it without fail. My hands moved awkwardly in my anticipation and excitement at the prospect of victory over my father. My queen took his queen, and supported by my bishop gave me the game. I cried out “Checkmate!” and my father, with a grin on his face, tipped over his king piece. Time seemed to slow, almost to the point of stopping, as I watched the king fall, fall as if into a void that would never end. Then it dawned on me, along with the king, I also was falling.

I seemed to fall for some time, as if I had slipped down a well, I looked up to see the light quickly fading, my body continuing on into the darkness like a stone. When I felt as if I would surely perish, once I reached the bottom, my eyes opened to a massive lit room, as if a great many torches burned along the walls. The room was that of someone several times the size of a giant, its circumference was enormous. As I looked about the area I realized quickly that I was on what seemed to be a massive chess board, with pieces that seemed to move as if on their own. It took a great deal of effort, but I attempted to make my way towards the edge of the board without being crushed by the moving pieces.

As I began to make my way towards to the safety of the edge, I realized that when I arrived I was in the very center of the board. As I looked up, I observed a great light descending from the sky towards me. Given my circumstances, I was surprised to discover that I did not fear the light, nor my predicament. The light gradually moved closer and closer until I was enveloped within its glow and warmth. I am forbidden from writing or speaking of what I saw and heard within the glow of that welcoming light. But, the teachings and blessings received changed me and will continue to change me forever.

I awoke to find the local doctor hovering over me, my father and mother holding each other near my bedside. I later found that I had fainted after the game with my father, and had been unconscious for over a day. My parents believed I had struck my head when I fell backwards, which had caused my previous state. I was limited in what I could tell them, but was relieved when my parents believed my words. I was raised by a just man and woman, parents who promoted honesty and integrity, parents that knew I held those things dear.
Last edited by sweetlikesplenda on Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aaron Lyonaler - Favored Soul of The Red Knight, Grand Knight of the Radiant Heart, Advisor to Duke Eltan, Order of Lions Member
Bio, Journal

-Aaron Lyonaler
sweetlikesplenda

Though my life had changed drastically from the vision I received and the words spoken to me, my parents hid the event from the manor staff and the other households that dwelled nearby. As time drew on I began to notice small changes and odd powers at my disposal. These sudden events surprised me greatly when they would occur. As I began to grow into my manhood, my father would take me on as a crew hand, assisting with the preparation of his ship for embarkment as well as removal of cargo at its return. One evening a rope used to secure several crates broke, and the crates it once held began to tumble. With swift movements my father rushed to catch one of the crates containing fragile contents. His palm was sliced open in the process. I quickly moved to apply a cloth to my father’s hand as the ship’s medic was called for. The moment I touched my Father’s palm a soft, warm light enveloped both mine and my father’s hands. Looking under the cloth held to my Father’s palm we noticed the bleeding had ceased and the wound had sealed itself. Other similar occurrences happened, once with a neighbor child and another time when a house servant's sprained his ankle. My parents were quick to cover the situations up with explanations, as they did not wish me to become a spectacle nor be viewed as some witch or warlock to the more superstitious.

At the age of fourteen my swordsmanship was noted by a renowned tactician and swordsman named Phillip Highthorne, and I was taken under his mentorship within the walls of Baldur's Gate. Sir Phillip and my father had traveled for some time together, while my father was still adventuring. My belongings were transferred to a small apartment within the city walls, so that I would be near to my new mentor. I grew close to Sir Highthorne quickly as he and I shared many similarities, enjoying many of the same things. When not training in swordplay or studying great battles of the past, Sir Highthorne would enchant me with stories of battles he had participated in, his every word playing in my mind as if I could see the battle from his eyes. The longing to partake in actual combat, to hold command, to lay the foundation of strategies used by every soldier on the battlefield; these things nagged at me, that I was consumed with desire.

I had several other mentors as well, as my father and mother spent a great deal of their wealth to ensured that I was to be properly educated, for which I am grateful. Though, I would often forgo my other studies to read over accounts of those that had fought and lived through great battles of the past. Regardless of my habit to give my other studies a back seat to Sir Phillip’s teachings, I was a good student overall. I quickly excelled in horseback riding, writing, arithmetic, mannerisms, history, and so forth.

Sir Phillip was a faithful of Tempus and member of the Order of the Steel Fang, and served in many campaigns for the Order. Through my time with Sir Phillip, I learned a great deal about the God of honorable war and combat. My fascination with Sir Highthorne and his experiences instilled a desire within me to follow in his footsteps. I began to attend the temple of Tempus in Baldur’s Gate, intending to take on the cloth, until such time I was deemed qualified to join the Order of the Steel Fang. I studied night and day for months, in an attempt to gain the focus and connection the clerics in the temple made with Tempus. Though, I felt a very soft connection with the god of war, I could not achieve the demands of those of the Priesthood.

One night, as I sat and pondered, frustrated over my failures, a light appeared within the closet of my room. Curious, I lifted myself from my bed and moved to open the door to the closet. A light spilled into the room beyond the brightness of the sun, as I opened the door. My right hand covering my eyes as a shield from the blinding light. As I lowered my hand from covering my face I noticed that I was standing on a massive chess board, empty of pieces, residing within a large meadow, surrounded by trees so high I could not see their tops. Birds chirped, hoping from branch to branch, deer lifted their heads from their grazing and fled into the safety of the tree line at my sudden appearance, butterflies fluttered about in the air around my head.

As I took in my surroundings, I was, once again, visited by a light that descended from above. As the light neared, I noticed at my feet lay a long sword of craftsmanship beyond that of men or dwarf. Its surface shimmered with a radiance and power beyond words. The blade sharp beyond possibility. The handle crafted of a material that I could not recognize. This, I was told, was Checkmate, and it belonged to the light. As I placed the sword back on the ground at my feet, I looked up to see a woman of striking beauty emerge from the brilliance. Her hair was a ravens black, its length to the center of her back. Her armor was polished to a shine that would make any paladin jealous, its color a blood red. In her left hand she held parchment, though I could see little of it, I could identify that it was a map of some sort.

I will not write the words of the Lady of Strategy, as they were for my ears alone, but will paraphrase. As the Lady stepped from the light, she gestured to the chess board and issued a challenge. Where the board was once empty, pieces now appeared. It was as if a game that was already in process, as the pieces were not in their starting locations. I was asked to discern the next best move that would set the stage for victory. My mind raced with the prospects of the challenge, as I was never informed the consequences, good nor bad, for my choice. After consideration, I moved forward a bishop to entrap an advanced knight piece of the enemy, cutting off its escape and ensuring its capture. To my surprise, the bishop moved of its own accord at my command, settling in the square I had indicated. The Lady smiled ever so slightly and nodded her head. She seemed pleased with my decision, clapping her hands once. I startled, as if I had been dreaming, once again standing in front of the closet, the meadow and board gone, my left hand on the handle of the cabinet door still. An odd feeling of warmth surrounded my right hand that caused me to open my clinched fist. Sitting in the palm of my hand was a red colored knight chess piece, the eyes of which were diamonds that sparkled in the light coming from the window.
Last edited by sweetlikesplenda on Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bio, Journal

-Aaron Lyonaler
sweetlikesplenda

My parents had made arrangements for me to return home for several weeks in celebration of my sixteenth birthday. The sixteenth year of a male in the Lyonaler family was a large celebration. This would mark the end of childhood, and beginning the long journey of manhood. I had attended several of my cousin’s ceremonies in the past and was a bit nervous to have such a large gathering to celebrate me. I am not one for titles nor for having people make a fuss over me. So, the idea of gifts, dancing, relatives and other local dignitaries, celebrating my ascent into manhood was not something I relished. My parents, for all their wealth, were very generous people, something they had taught me well. I would rather celebrate and give gifts to another, rather than receive them. But, I could not speak my doubts and discomforts to my mother, as she was rather very proud of this occasion.

My father was to return home after a voyage at sea, delivering cargo to the Moonshae Isles, two days prior to the celebration. I bid Sir Phillip goodbye, as he would be arriving for the celebration the day of the event, and I departed Baldur’s Gate with the intent of arriving the evening before the celebration.

For my fourteenth birthday my father gifted me a colt from the great Horse Lords of House KorianthilI, of Evermeet. A favor done many years ago during my father’s adventuring days, allowed him to take one of the finest of the elven breed horses. He was tall for such a young colt, he now stands a statuette of muscle and refined quality. His coat of a light silver that shines in the light of day. On the day of my departure, I quietly lead Rook (Short from Silver Rook for my love of the game, his great silver mane, and the power and drive he exhibits when charging; much like the power of a rook chess piece) from the stables. He had already been brushed down, feed, and saddled by the stable hands. I quickly mounted Rook and made for my family’s manor.

The calm road and bright mild day did not prepare me for what I arrived to find…

With great sadness and heavy heart I, for the first time, recount the events of the day of my return home. Even now as I write, I cannot withhold my tears and grief.

As I rode along the road leading to my family’s manor, I noticed a great amount of smoke rising into the air, as if a great bone fire had been erected. Not certain if this was a planned fire as part of the celebration, I pressed Rook on at a quicker pace. A mile short of the estate, I came upon several men rushing towards my home yelling one to another. Upon reaching the men as they ran, I came to find that they were responding to the manor being on fire. I drove my heels into the sides of Rook pressing him on at his quickest pace to reach my homestead.

House servants and several locals were drawing water in an attempt to put out the fires, forming a line and passing the buckets back and forth. Yelling over the buzz of the fire and people shouting, I asked if the Lord and Lady of the house were safe. None could answer, as no one had seen either since the fire began. Pulling up, I dismounted quickly and made my way into the house. Most of the fires had been put out by this point, though the kitchen was still ablaze. I made my way to my parent’s room, but was unable to locate either my mother or father. Frantically I searched the remaining rooms of the house as best I could, though without luck. My head swam in the smoke and dread for my lost parents.

I made my way out of the house, making for a small enclosure, several hundred yards away from the estate, designed to store some of the family’s fortune and act as a safe house, should an attack on the homestead occur. Four of the house guards lie dead a hundred paces from the safe house, stab wounds obvious on their persons. Next to the bodies lay two men, obviously sailors.

Rushing around the corner, I came upon a sight that haunts me still. At the door to the safe house my father lie dead, a great deal of blood soaked the grass and wall of the structure. His sword was lying next to his body, along with several other men that wore the tags of pirates that I could not identify. After involuntarily retching, I feel to my knees, lying my father’s limp head in my lap. I sobbed. I sobbed as a child would. There was no controlling the tears, there was no stopping the emotions. There would be no more words or games or stories from my father. Looking up through the mist in my eyes, I saw the door to the safe house ajar.

Lying my father’s head back on the ground, I shakily stood, pushing the door open fully and entering. Within the small enclosure, tables were turned, chairs broken, closets opened and the contents, that which was not taken, strewn about the room, a great deal of my parent's valuables missing. In the center of the room lay the body of my sweet mother. Her face had a pleading look, as if begging for her attackers to stop. Her features were pretty, even in death. I had lost the two greatest people these lands will ever known.

I sat on the floor holding my mother, saying my goodbyes, when several of the house servants came upon me. Bowing their heads to their fallen Lords, they then assisted me in preparing the bodies for burial. I returned to the remains of my home several hours later, having buried my parents in the family cemetery. I called any servants and guards that survived the attack to me. It was then that I was made aware of an increase in pirate conduct in the area. Rumor was that my father may have been stalked by several pirate ships from Roaringshore.

The events of the day waned on into the night, and as I meet and was briefed on the situation, the sun rose on the day of my sixteenth birthday. I was the sole survivor of my family, I had buried my father and mother, I was to assume control of the Lyonaler estate in its disrepair, and I had been welcomed into manhood in the worst possible way.

I returned to Baldur’s Gate shortly after, the hurt of being at my home was too great. I took up another apartment within the city. The affairs of the estate were kept in the hands of the current house Majordomo, with gold allocated for the rebuilding of the estate. I had little desire for fortune myself, granting a large donation from my family’s wealth to the remaining house guards that had not fallen to the pirate attack, house servants, as well as a donation to the church of Tempus towards the inclusion of a shrine; one that resembles a black haired woman in blood-red armor, standing atop a chess board.
Last edited by sweetlikesplenda on Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bio, Journal

-Aaron Lyonaler
sweetlikesplenda

The months following the events of my sixteenth birthday were dark times for me. My mind was locked away in a prison as dreary as my physical person was becoming, as I contained myself to my apartment, only leaving for meals. Sir Phillip would come to my room to call on me, though I rarely had desire to see him, or anyone else for that matter. I had lost my appetite for life, as much as I had lost it for food, and my physical well-being was suffering for it.

One day, while staring into the smoldering fire in the fire pit of my room, rolling in my hand the red colored knight chess piece that had mysteriously appeared in my palm some years earlier; I came to an epiphany. I looked into the diamond eyes of the knight piece, and they seemed as if they looked back. Many turn to the divines when they are lost and alone, why had I not thought to seek out the woman in red armor for guidance? The glow of her light was soothing and warm, her gentle guidance and blessings had risen me to new heights of elation when she had visited me in the past.

I knelt at my bedside, laid my forehead on top of my clasped hands…and I cried. I could not utter the words of a prayer in that moment, only release the emotions that had boiled within my person for months. Emotions that had eaten at me from the inside like poison. Months of mental torture poured out of me. I released the pains of loss, the anguish of being alone, and the anger towards those that had wronged my family. I cried, letting tears run unabated down my cheeks, drying of their own accord. No words could pass my lips, only thoughts that had been held in check for so long.

When I felt as if I had wordlessly emptied my soul, I began to offer some actual words of prayer, pleading for guidance to the woman in red armor. I went on for some time, days and weeks seemed to pass, though it had only been moments. I felt as if my body was trapped in a time sink, as if the prayer would last my whole lifetime. Slowly, and without knowing, I began to slump, my strength depleting, my mind and body emptying.

I awoke in a state of disarray. My bed, my room, the city, all had gone and I was in a place unfamiliar. I was in a large room dominated by a table in the center. On the table were a great many figurines, and many people stood around the table watching the pieces, shifting them from time to time around a map. At the head of the table stooped over several dozen pieces was the woman with black hair and red armor. She looked up to me, offering a smile, before leaning again to watch the figures, moving them about. As she went about her business she motioned for me to move forward. Hesitantly, I began to walk to her side. As I walked, I passed many others leaning over the table, moving pieces on the table top, speaking quietly to each other. I recognized some of the people I passed, many I had read of in my history classes, or in the stories and lessons from Sir Phillip. Great men and women who had lead soldiers in mighty battles, some were great adventurers that had defied odds to achieve victory over their enemies.

As I approached the table, I looked at the pieces being shifted about, as I passed. The figurines seemed to be alive, and moved about slightly, while waiting to be moved by the people crowding the table, as if tiny living beings. The table was long, though I quickly made my way to the head, to stand next to the woman in red armor. She glanced up a moment at me, then back at the table, making a move that she seemed to have pondered over for a few moments. With her move complete, she turned to me and spoke.

You have sought me and my council. Here I am.

I opened my mouth, but the words would not come. Others nearby turned to look at me as well, but all I could do for the moment was gaze at the beautiful woman, stunned. Pulling myself together slightly, I forced out the words. It came as a garbled mess at first, as if my voice had been dammed up and was released all at once. Clearing my throat I recovered myself.

I am lost...Alone. My family is gone, killed while I was away. But…But, I am certain you already know of this.” I looked down, hoping not to show the pain in my facial expression.

Life is full of pain. No one is free of its grasp. No mortal, that is. Pain is something I too understand, as I was once mortal as well. The question becomes, what will you do with this pain? Will you unleash it on others? Yourself? Or, will you learn to cope with its inevitability?

How can I turn it away? It is ever present. The events always on my mind.

The woman in red turns back to the table, her attention away from the battle she was overseeing for too long. A few thoughtful moment later, a figurine is moved to counter another, and she turned back to face me again.

Busy yourself. An idle mind will turn to past events.

I will teach you to control your thoughts, protection for your mind from outside influences. These skills are not easy to achieve, and they require continual practice to be mastered. Do not let the pains of the past control you, but use them as a stepping stone, a lesson never to be forgotten and never to control you, in your progression.

The woman gently reached forward and placed her index finger to my forehead, a light began to envelope my body, slowly trickling downwards, as a waterfall of pure light.

Her voice was but a whisper at this point “Serve and heal the pains of others. In this, you will lose yourself, in doing so you will find yourself again, as well as your calling. As you do so, you will find joy and relief from the pain within yourself.

I do not even know your name. Who will I say has granted me the powers to heal others?

At that moment my vision began to slip, the room was streaking away from me, from my outstretched hand. I found myself at my bedside once more, my head resting on my hands clasped around the red colored knight chess piece. The voice of the woman in red whispered in to my mind, answering my last question, “The Red Knight.
Bio, Journal

-Aaron Lyonaler
sweetlikesplenda

Bio, Journal

-Aaron Lyonaler
sweetlikesplenda

Life is an interesting thing. Collecting the moments are like trapping a cup of water in your palm. Some of it sticks to your skin, while the rest drips away. I seem to have forgotten more then I can now remember, over the years. At first there were too many things happening to even put to paper. Things are much the same now, though I feel I should write my feelings when I can. People have told me that I am too wound, too focused on duty, that I need to relax and stop thinking. Perhaps putting words down again will help?

How many things have happened over the last nearly decade? The Black Orc War, Triel, The Order of the Silver Rose, leaving, The Trickster, Loves gone, The Order of the Lions, Oaths to the city, the Order of the Radiant Heart, Leading it, the years of the Devil War. And a million other events and moments; droplets in the hand that have slipped through fingers, while I desperately try to cradle them in my palm.

I am scatter brained at the moment. Something I would never wish to admit to anyone publicly. I would not want to disappoint them. Many do seem to look to me. Should they know the internal struggle at times...In any case, I am not certain where to begin. So I will start with what comes to the fore of my mind.

The city is in need of a turning point. It grows increasingly difficult to be in the position I am. In Court there was mention of restoring relations with Kraak Helzak. With other duties, I left it for others to take up. When weeks had gone by, I acted. I began by speaking with members of Kraak Helzak. to which I had a favorable response from each I approached. So, I sent a letter to King Dovkin about my intent to restore the old friendship between the two. He was receptive, but wished a delegation meet to discuss. The Council of Four was also in agreement. I sent a call went out and other responded and we met. The discussion was positive and our suggestions were presented in Court. In the end there was some fine tuning needed. Duke Eltan then asked me to call a council to meet, discuss, and report back to him.

The meeting had its ups and downs, to say the least. Jalib showed up. It seems he wished to have some special face time with Duke Eltan. Where he got the idea that His Grace would be at the meeting is beyond me. All others attending understood from the clear message what the meeting was for. In any case, he threw a fit and left. Which was good, he was disruptive and rude and was about to be escorted out. later, while discussing with those who decided to stay and act as asked by His Grace, talk of the Zhentarim came up. One of the delegates gtp, Kraak Helzak left in a steam, during this time. Though, he did return. In the end it was a difficult thing. I agree with the Dwarves of Kraak Helzak. I wish the treaty gone and the Zhentarim no longer allowed within the walls. I would rather have the city stand up, united with Kraak Helzak and others and tear down those dark walls. But, I was also there to act as a voice of council for the city. A struggle that racks me. But, in the end council was submitted to Duke Eltan. We will see how it is received by the Council of Four.

On that topic, I fear that the treaty with the Black Network, one that for some reason seems to be held far beyond all other treaties, may cost us all of our allies. Elturel, Lord Dhelt must feel he has been slapped in the face over and over. His people publicly executed. Done for sport or entertainment. Sickening. I hope conditions can change and friendship with the good Lord Dhelt can be repaired. I fear that clinging to this treaty with such terrible people as the Black Network will cause a rift that will keep the talks with Kraak Helzak from moving forward. Our progress lost.

Also to that point, I wrote to the Dukes to express my opinion that the Zhentarim should not be invited to the Commercial Exchange Committee, citing all the many times in the initial diplomatic talks that Kraak Helzak wants nothing to do with them, in any fashion, including the trade agreement talks. My response back from Duke Entar was...rather sharp. My letter expressed that we stand to lose many allies in an effort to keep this one. I understand the need to bring profit and coin to improve the lives of the people. But, lines must be drawn at some point. I fear I have lost favor with him.

I have found myself moved from Commanding on the battlefield to the field of silent battle. The art of diplomacy and I am more diplomat then else. But, I will see the Western Heartlands secured. The Red Lady teaches to be prepared for peace in times of war. With a war ending, I am working to strengthen the region, without the need to raise arms at this time. The Dreadlady approached me some time back. She asked me to turn my attentions elsewhere. To clear the Zhentarim our of my mind. I will not. I will see the treaty finished and her and her terrible people removed. While the Black Network grows, peace cannot be found for any. All will go the way of Triel, and now Corm Orp, should they be allowed to continue.

The Order is growing very well. We have a couple of returning Knights and several new Squires. A blessing, really. I hope to see the Order strong and a positive presence in the region. Our Keep will soon be redesigned. I suppose I should host an open house for our allies to view it, once work is completed. I am excited for the changes and look forward to the new additions to it.

There are a great many things on my mind these days, though diplomacy seems to be the key one. An important invitation has come forth, recently. I will write more once I return. Perhaps my ramblings today will hold some benefit for me at a later date.
Bio, Journal

-Aaron Lyonaler
sweetlikesplenda

*His writing is once again more formal and with a military mind. Straightforward and almost as if writing a report*

I find it more and more difficult to sit and write. I feel there is enough to write about to fill all the shelves of the library in the Keep here. The city and the Coast in general are plagued with Vampires, Wolves, Necromancers, Trolls, Dragons, and a host of other things. Among the terrible there are some good things to note as well.

Duke Eltan has sent word that there is movement on the Defense Treaty signing between the City and the Kingdom of Kraak Helzak. A light at the end of a long process, and one I am grateful to hear. It began with a meeting with Duchess Liia. A mention of the strained relationship between the City and the Kingdom. I had taken the initiative to begin reaching out to known members of Kraak Helzak, in an effort to get a feel for the thoughts of the Kingdom. After which a I wrote a letter to King Battlehammer. He asked for a group of representatives of the city to meet with a delegation from the Kingdom. A call went out to other guilds who represent the city well. A few discussions were had and an idea of how to bring the City and Kingdom began to form. After an initial draft of a Defense Treaty was submitted to Duke Eltan, a meeting was called among his representatives. That discussion spurred a rewrite of the Treaty, which was sent back to His Grace. It seems that things are progressing again, and that the signing is set for several days from now. I have not heard back from my letters to the Stouts who have been involved in the discussions to see their thoughts on the rewrite, but it seems that Dukes Eltan is prepared to share it with them and King Battlehammer. I hope all goes well and we can officially restore the lost friendship between the two.

The wolves have quieted. If they are Werewolves or Wolfweres, I am not certain if that has been fully identified or not. Their weakness to Cold Iron weapons seems to lend to Wolfweres, shape changers. The only upside to which is that they do not transmit their curse through a bite, rather it is passed through birth. Which is also a good thing, sine I was bitten and scratched several times, as I dove to protect a child. I have had a few encounters with the Wolves, now. The first was in the Reaching Woods. I was there culling the Gnoll tribes, when out of the corner of my eye I noted a figure standing fifty yards back, watching me. As I finished dealing with the immediate Gnolls, I turned to face the figure. A Wolf, a large one. It stood on its hind legs and bore over my own height. The creature stood perhaps seven and a half feet tall. i called out to it, but it seemed to prefer simply to observe. With a few steps made closer to it, it then bounded off in the to trees. The second time I was in the harbor District when out of the shadows I felt a presence in the shadows of the alley ways. I continued on in to the market District, and as I left Maltz's shop, I noted something moving along the rooftop of the building, watching me. I entered Sorcorer's Sundries shop, and there I came upon Osric and Rellon. I told them of my being followed, and so we went out in search. We soon found a child, covered in blood and frightened. Behind the boy stood a wolf like creature in the shadows. After some discussion, I was to dive for the boy to shield him, while the others, and those who had gathered with us, would face the creature. As I dove, the Wolf scratched and bite at me. But, the boy was shielded and unharmed in the attacks. The creature was cornered, but quickly fled up and along the rooftops. There was another occurrence where the Wolves were tracked to the Fields of the Dead. But, since that event, I have heard little of the Wolves. A blessing, given the other issues happening.

The Vampires have been a terrible menace. An ancient house of vampires is feuding for power and control, and the innocent people are the casualties in this war. One vampire, Layla, wants to destroy her rival, Namissa. Layla has been trying to make deals to gather support against her rival. I have heard talk that she has even defended farmsteads against attacks by Namissa's group. If this is her attempt to get favor with other groups in her crusade against Namissa, or if it is simply so she can kill off some of namissa's vampire supporters, we do not know. Layla is ancient and has had a great deal of experience manipulating, I am certain. The attacks are as far north as Soubar and to the Forests, and south to the Friendly Arm Inn. I have personally been ambushed more then once near to the Forest of Wyrms and The road to the Reaching Woods, as well as near to the city. My first interaction with Layla, was when she had newly arrived and was wandering a bit aloof near the farmsteads. When approached, she had little to say, except that she was new to the area and had arrived from the south. her odd behavior and look about her, soon lead another to use a Detect Undead device on her. Which set off immediately. I funneled positive energies at her, which seemed to also harm her. She soon fled with a device. The second dealing with her was when she was reported heading towards Soubar. A group had gathered, as we were getting further details about the direction Layla had traveled. Amelia Blackrose was there, and after overhearing us heading to Soubar, rushed ahead of us to the town. Once in the town, we were directed to the tavern. There the Blackroses were having a drink with Layla. After informing the room that she is undead, and asking to have Layla removed from the tavern for questioning, there was a bit of confusion. The Blackroses made an attempt to arrest Layla 'For her protection'. As her Man at Arms moved to make the arrest, Layla used her device and fled, again. I am not unconvinced that the Blackroses are or will try to work with the vampires. Morgan has been witnessed trying to make a deal with them. And for all of the Blackrose posturing that they have distanced themselves from Morgan, they have also been seen working with her. My trust in anything they say is even lower then it was previously. People have been coming to me for assurance, a plan, the next steps. The difficulty is that so many people, from so many organizations, have bits of the whole picture. I have tried to form together as much of it as I can, but I do not know all. It seems that Adrie, one of my new Squires, had piqued Layla's interest. Layla will certainly not have anything to do with me, after the last couple of interactions, and she has told others the same. our goal is to destroy of imprison both Layla and Namissa. It is my fear that if Layla gets her way and Namissa is sealed off of destroyed, that she will slip away and remain an issue. It is my belief that both need be dealt with, but the order that is done is important. A meeting will be attempted with Layla. Adrie and Iolanna will try to inquire how to deal with Namissa. If they can, to also gather information on Layla that can be used against her. With information on how to deal with Namissa, and hopefully some insights on Layla, we can decide how to move forward.

There have been reports of Necromancers and undead in the south, near to Beregost. Myself and my Order's forces are rather stretched currently, and primarily in the north. The Order dedicated twenty five soldiers to the aid of Kraak Helzak in their efforts against the Troll army. My Knights and Squires are patrolling for vampires and wolves. We have little resources to patrol in the south much. But, we will do all we can. I may need to write to the High Halls in Atkathla to seek additional brothers and sisters to aid in our efforts in the region. Perhaps a contingent of Knights can be stationed in Nashkel to aid the soldiers there in keeping the peace?

At the beginning of the year the Council of Four held a Court session. in that session, the Dragonsage spoke of this being a year of the Dragon Rage. I saw a little of that some days back. Myself and a few others had dreams of dragons. One saw a room of dragons, they were in pain, though the dream was in black and white and what type of dragon was not known. In another, it was as if a blue dragon was in the sky, and then fell. In my own, I was filled with dread and went to the Order of the SIlver Rose Keep to warn then, but as I arrived a blue dragon fell from the sky and crashed in to and destroyed the Silver Rose Keep. A yellow gem then filled my vision as I awoke. As we went to the Silver Rose Keep to tell our stories, a female halfling was there who claimed to be an expert on dreams and dragons. It was a little.. convenient, but we told our dreams to her. She informed us of a very old blue dragon that had come to the region, from the Anauroch Desert. Eventually we were able to locate this dragon. It was consumed by the Dragon Rage. With little hope of slaying it, due to its power and the chaos in its mind, we decided to try to remove the Dragon Rage. The yellow gem I saw, which was being held in the Silver Rose Keep, was used to cure it of its madness. After some diplomacy, it agreed to leave the region and return to its home. While I do not cherish the idea of aiding a Blue Dragon, it was kept from harming Greenest and the area surrounding in its Rage. While some stated to the dragon that they greed they would not hunt it in its home, I did not. Should the time become available, I will seek this dragon out and end it.
Bio, Journal

-Aaron Lyonaler
sweetlikesplenda

I do not often dream. Rather, I should say, that if I do dream I do not often remember having done so. Last night I dreamed.

The weather was nice. Outside was bright. I was back home in my Family's Estates. The manor was a two hour ride from the gates of Baldur's Gate, along the coast line. I walked the old paths in the little hamlet. Neighboring families and the homes of those who worked for my father were nearby. I felt an urgency in the air, though nothing seemed amiss.

My father was out at sea. He had formed the WhiteLyon Shipping Company. And he was out as he would be, sailing down the Sword Coast freighting merchant's goods. I saw my mother taking care of some of the wash. She was not a prideful woman, but she did prefer not to send her gala dresses off to be washed. She handled them herself. After their deaths, I found it hard to think too detailed of my parents. Doing so was painful. But, she was there, clipping dresses to a line to dry.

"Stars shining bright above you..
Night breezes seem to whisper "I love you"

As I moved closer to her, I could hear her singing to herself. A little song she would hum and sing when my father was away. I have never met two people more in love then my parents, and I knew she missed him sorely when he was away.

"Birds singing in the sycamore tree.
Dream a little dream of me"

I continued to approach her, but I realized I was myself and no longer her little boy coming up to play. And I was walking ever so slowly it seemed, I could not take my eyes off of her. As if my mind was forcing me to remember her face. She did not seem to notice my presence as I continued forward.

"Say "Night-ie night" and kiss me.
Just hold me tight and tell me you'll miss me"

The song was so familiar. I had heard her sing it throughout my childhood. Even when a baby and she was trying to console me to sleep. She was so.. real in that moment. Tangible. She continued to hang her washing.

"While I'm alone and blue as can be.

But, she could not be real. I had held her body after her life had been taken. I stopped my forward motion and she seemed to notice. Her eyes turned to look directly at me.. or was it through me? Her mouth stopped moving, but the singing seemed to continue on..

"Stars fading but I linger on, dear.
Still craving your kiss"

I tried to call to her.. I am not sure what I would have said if I could. I seemed to have no air to speak to her. She was facing the ocean, but then turned towards the city. Her arm slowly lifted and extended pointing. Turning, I followed the gesture with my eyes.

"I'm longing to linger till dawn, dear.
Just saying this"

On the singing went. Her tone turning somber, remorseful now. Red caught the corner of my eye and I snapped my head to look towards the city. A wall of flames. I began to turn to run towards the inferno, but stopped to look back at her. There she was on the ground, as I had found her the day she was murdered.

"Sweet dreams till sunbeams find you.
Sweet dreams that leave all worries behind you"

My legs pounded the ground, but it seemed to take an eternity to reach the farms. They were ablaze. Portals popped open everywhere and demons pored out. Many larger then the very city walls. I could not recognize faces, but people ran in all directions, trying to flee.

"But in your dreams whatever they be.

The song was becoming the tone of a funeral hymn. Slow and somber, almost scared. My sword was in my hand, my helm upon my head. The blade glowed with a divine light, hungry to slay demons. Running further I made for the gates to try to form or help form a defense. The battle raged and men and women screamed in death. The Demons slew their way towards the gated entrance to the city.

"Stars fading but I linger on, dear.
Still craving your kiss"

Again and again my sword rang out and enemies fell. Not without consequence. My armor was rent and my body covered in burns and claw marks of the fiends. A group stood vigilant, stopping the flow of demons from entering the city. The portals continued to spill with fiends.

"I'm longing to linger till dawn, dear.
Just saying this"

More and more they came. The city was aflame with magics raining down on it from all angles. This fight was hopeless. Though, it was not about hope anymore. It was about discharging one's duty.

"Sweet dreams till sunbeams find you.
Sweet dreams that leave all worries behind you"

A blow struck me and I was driven to my knees. There were so few still standing in defense of the gates. Looking up, a Balor stood with blade held to strike. Xaian. The image was undeniable from seeing him in the scryings.

"But in your dreams whatever they be.."

The blade came down on me..

"Dream a little..."

The images went black a moment, before the red returned. My body lay atop the gates of the city as it burned and was torn down. The red feathered helm blowing softly in the breeze.

"Dream.."

I could see the bodies pilled around my own. The sounds of battle gone. Just the sound of my mother's singing. Was she disappointed? Was I in myself? The idea of such a failure to the people I have sworn to protect was perhaps too much?

"..Of me..."

A screeching sound seemed to accompany the last word of the song...I awoke at that moment.

/// Props to Doris Day "Dream a little dream of me"
Bio, Journal

-Aaron Lyonaler
sweetlikesplenda

The Hallow-Moon
It had been good to meet with Chief Six, Shaman Sazilus, Matron Sessa, and all of the tribe again. The recent visit for Blake's attempt at redemption and a new path was not so long ago. While there, Chief Six spoke of an evil that threatened all nature. Something that had nearly destroyed the Moonshaes. Now, this thing could threaten this region. While visiting the village today, I noted a large number of animals being herded into the village. When I asked if it had to do with the threat he told me about, Six confirmed that it was. I need to seek out more on this thing that seems to make nature itself tremble. I know Ragefast to be quite the scholar, and with a library that is said to rival Candlekeep, and he is known to have an extensive knowledge of the history of the Coast. He may know of this creature or entity the tribe fears.

While in the village a dozen or so others also showed up. The ritual held in the Moonshae Well was conducted, in an effort to see if those coming in were friends or not. I am unsure why some who showed up even wished to perform this ritual? Perhaps they seek to gain from the tribe in some way? I understand the tribe's desire for balance, both good an evil find their way in to that balance. But, so many of the evil side that have taken the ritual would only seek to take or gain from the tribe. Rather then see them protected and guarded, they use the tribesmen to guard themselves. I wish that Shaman Sazilus and the Chief would see this.

While there, an interesting occurrence happened. During the ritual a man was rejected outright. In the past I had seen situations where special oaths were asked of the person partaking in the ritual. Others having what essentially amounts to a geas placed on them to ensure they stayed friends with the tribe. But, this man was utterly rejected and commanded to leave the village. Having seen some people be.. well, accepted, but under conditions, and knowing how terrible those people are, this man who was rejected must be of the most utter terrible of sorts. I will have to keep an eye on him. He was rather smug as he left the village, even. Though, I have a feeling he knew he would not pass the ritual from the beginning.

The tribe has grown. It seems Chief Ssixus has fathered well over a hundred new members of the tribe. And the Matron seems to have him often busy with more. It is good to see them grow, especially after seeing the tribe nearly wiped out by the Ogre threat. The merging of the Hallow Rock and Moonshae tribes was a good move for the tribe. Both having suffered terrible losses, their combined might has allowed the village to bounce back. A great many young play about the village. And they have turned their aged members in to fierce warriors, learning new skills in combat. I just hope that their willingness to aid against the Demons and Undead does not bring their numbers to a critical point, again.

I am finding it difficult to keep my mind from drifting to those who have come to the village, and have even been accepted. Many are utterly terrible and of the blackest of hearts. The sort who would use the tribe, though try to skirt the edge of seeming that way. I have, a couple of times, tried to mention this to Chief Ssixus, though he brings up the balance. I fear that I may be seen as the unbalanced one, for trying to keep these horrible people away from the tribe. I feel there is little I can do, but let things play out. Even though so many just want something from the tribe. Let things play out and, without pointing it out, just help the tribe when these others show their true faces to the tribe.
Bio, Journal

-Aaron Lyonaler
sweetlikesplenda

The steady hand that had written countless missives over the years, halted a moment; the tip of the quill pen resting on the page. A slight blemish to the otherwise unhasty and even hand that wrote the rest of the journal entry.

Some days are more difficult then others. An obvious statement, regardless of one's career path. The path of a Knight, especially of this Order, can be difficult to follow at all times. Enemies of the Order and those who, for no actual reason, dislike the Order, seem to spend a great deal of time trying see the Order of the Radiant Heart tarnished. Not only do I need to keep myself on the path, but there are others to ensure they do not falter from their oaths. There have even been those trying to call out the integrity of the Order for associating with people such as Blake Hightower. Interesting enough, the ones calling him out for his past are the very ones sleeping with the Drow, and that metaphor does work on more then one level. They point the finger at him. The person I have seen go through actual steps to better himself and change. I have seen him go through rituals to fight his very past from within himself, and even with the accusations, he continues to try to improve himself. In spite of this, I have myself had to defend him and the changes he is trying to see in himself, as well as defend the Order's encouragement of this change in him, to people who, likely went to speak with Drow immediately after accusing Blake, and the Order, of his past.

It seems that more and more people so casually just speak with, associate with, and even give information directly to the Drow and other enemies of Baldur's Gate. The list of people who so casually even admit to sitting down to drinks with Drow, grows. People that are part of guilds and groups associated with the city. As I said initially, it is a difficult road, but one I will remain on.

Thoughts of my training as a youth comes back to me. As a child I had always thought I would take up my father's business. It was when I had met Sir Highthorne that my idea of what I would be when I was grown came to me. I envied him. I wanted to have his experiences. At the time, as a child, I did not realize what that entailed. In my youth I wanted to reinvent myself. No longer the heir to a family business. I was going to become a Knight in service to the city. At that time, I did not know what it meant to be that person.

It takes sacrifice. I have been asked why it is so difficult for me to relax. It is because should I slack in my service, people might be lost, suffer. I have also been asked how much one might earn joining the Order. An odd question to ask of such an Order. I tell those who aspire to join the Order, that one will lose coin in their service to the people. But, we serve none the less.

It means strength, even when you feel your weakest. The will to rise and stand, even when beaten down.. especially when beaten down. You are an arm for others to take and be lifted up.

It takes following our oaths and code. If we sacrifice our code, even for victory, we may lose that which is most important: Our honor.

At times in my life, I have felt I would have to completely change to become the person I wanted to be. That who i was before my training was not good enough. I was wrong. I am that person.

Years have past. Wars. Cataclysmic incidents. People dedicating themselves to seeing me fall. Rumors and falsehoods about myself, about the Order. A great many things have conspired to bring the Order down. But, it is the very things that makes one a Knight, the very path that one must follow, that keep the little voices out there who would say otherwise, at bay. Any intelligent person should be able to see through the lies and false rumors. Then again, I have heard plenty who claim intelligence repeating these falsehoods. Let the undead and fiend summoners, Drow informants and lovers try to obscure who they are and what they do. We will continue on as we do. Shining a light on them will reveal them for who they are.

This is my calling. The path of the Knight will continue on.

Hidden: show
// Inspiration for this post. Self reflecting turned to reflection on Aaron
Bio, Journal

-Aaron Lyonaler
sweetlikesplenda

When last I was in the Sharpteeth and met with the Hallowmoon, Chief Ssixus had expressed a concern to me. An old evil was returning and it was coming to this region. Offering my promise to do my part to look in to it, I sought out an informed sage. The rumors of Ragefast's library and extensive knowledge proved very true. The savant had a very good insight in to Kazgoroth and what had occurred the last time it surfaced. He informed me about this "Heart" stone. How it drove a druid who first found it mad. How that druid had to be killed when he attacked two other druids who took him in. And about the dragon that picked up this "Heart" and left with it.

Serendipity perhaps? Just weeks before, i had met a similar species of dragon as the one who took this "Heart" away and had been lost to history. Tivex is young, as is his wife and family. But, I thought that perhaps lore might be passed down on this Fae Dragon, "Newt". Any lead was worth pursuing. After having helped the little.. Well, "Mighty" Tivex a few times, and having been invited to see him and his new family, I thought to ask him. After the welcomings and greeting, I made an offering to him of some gems, and then asked about this Newt.

Neither Tivex, nor his mate, knew the name. But, a suggestion was made to seek out others of his kind at the "Gathering". It would seem that many Fae Dragons meet in a forest to the north, near to Waterdeep. There Tivex's parents and many others, not nesting with eggs or young, seem to gather on the nights of "The Perfect Cresent Moon". The family's caretaker, Suna, marked it upon my map. Though, we may need to get permission from the local elves of the forest, as well as meet with them prior, to even find where the gathering happens.

This may not lead to anything in the end. But, I wil pursue the leads that I have to try to aid the Hallowmoon tribe. I still recall standing with their warriors against the Ogre hoard that had come to destroy them and eat their eggs. Seeing Chief Hisazux be mortally wounded in the fight, and not being able to do much to help him. Later returning, only to have the Ogres show up just outside the village. Chief Hisazux came forward to face the Ogre chief. I could not let him fight for his tribe in his state without offering myself as a champion. I was surprised how attached I had become to this tribe. But, I would fall to see them safe. Hisazux.. he had become a friend, just smiled.. as much as a Lizardfolk can smile, and rested his hand on my shoulder after i offered myself in his place. He told me he had to go. To be the one to fight the Ogre Chief. In his state, it seemed he could barely walk. But, the Earthmother showed her favor on him. He fought, and he won. Though, the strain was too much and he perished there, shortly after the battle. *The ink blots a bit here as the pen halts it momentum for a time* A good leader, a skilled warrior, and good person all around. He certainly served his tribe with honor and grace. Soon after, I witnessed the First Spear of the warriors named Chief. Ssixus has done excellent in serving his people/ I saw him gather the remaining peoples of his tribe and forge an alliance with the Hallow Rock tribe, who also had suffered many losses. They gave those present the honor of creating the new name for the merging tribes, "Hallowmoon". After so much, I cannot see harm come to the tribe once more.

I will seek out this Gathering of Fae Dragon and see if they can help provide any information on this Newt and the missing Heart of Kazgoroth. A trip north is in order, aligning with the next Perfect Crescent Moon.
Bio, Journal

-Aaron Lyonaler
sweetlikesplenda

A rather thrilling event occurred the other day. Suna came to collect Avery, Blake, and myself. Blake had asked Suna previously if she could tell him more about Lendys. At the time she could not, but knew of other dragons that might be able to help. Suna was going to take us to meet a Silver Dragon paladin and member of the Talons of Justice.

We met with her along the River Chionthar. She took on her true form, a great Bronze Dragon. She let down her wing and we climbed on to travel. What a rush to experience flight again. Even at the speed she flew, seeing the land pass by that way.. it is difficult to explain. Some hours of flight later, we arrived at the meeting spot. Caesingixthraeorn (singix) was to meet us at our landing zone, and was known for his punctuality. The snow covered top of the mountain had very low visibility, due to the clouds pressing through the plateaus. Suna became nervous for the delay of singix, offering to take flight and search the area from above. We began looking on foot. The snow was just beginning to melt for summer, so the going was slow. We were attacked a few times by Snow Leopards, then Kobalds.

I noticed a cave and we took a look inside. It was obviously larger then what we could see from the entrance, so decided to enter. Along our way we were attacked by Kobalds, claiming to be defending their "King". Winding further in, we were brought before a large cavern occupied by a large White Dragon. Far to the rear Singix was lying on the ground, obviously magically held there. The White began to speak to us, berating us for slaying his servant Kobalds. He continued, saying that the Kobalds brought him Dragon Bones from a Great Dragon Graveyard and other 'Gifts'. He decided that he was going to slay Singix and use his bones to create a new guardian of his cave. At this point, we were through speaking with this vile thing. After it was felled, we approached Singix, the magic surrounding him now gone, and began to administer to his wounds. The Kobalds had put a great many bolts in to him, and the White had done some extensive damage to his wing.

Suna arrived shortly after and the group worked together to fix the broken bone in his wing, then patch up his torn wing. With his injuries worked through and he began to be on the mend, Singix expressed his gratitude for the assistance. A young dragon, not even a century yet, it was a estimate to his strength that the Talons of Justice had taken him in. He was magnificent. His scales, still a glossy silver, due to his youth, they reflected the blue from the cavern, almost giving him a soft blue glow. It had been a desire of mine for some time to meet a Silver, and especially a Paladin, that the Order might befriend.

Blake took point and asked Singix about Lendys, given his position and nature he might know more. The two spoke and asked questions of each other. As the conversation went on, it seemed that Lendys might not answer Blake's desire to follow him. I tried not to interrupt the conversation, this was Blake's time. But, I was able to offer the advice that not all prayers are answered. And that he may have to spend time, with no answer at all, even a great amount of time, to show dedication, before Lendys might then answer him. But, such wait would be worth it. Singix agreed with such.

Soon the conversation turned and Singix turned to me. He offered his friendship to the Order of the Radiant Heart, and the same was returned back to him. If the Order could assist Singix in his future missions, we would support him. His oaths to the Talons of Justice would come first, but his friendship and aid would be offered as he could. To have such an ally will be a great boon for the Order.

A young dragon and still coming in to his own, he does have a strength to him. A devotion to performing his duty. Hopefully as he ages he will become a little less... reckless in his duty. I can understand his desire to succeed. He feels he needs to prove himself. He is the youngest member of the Talons after all. Perhaps he and I can sit and talk at times. Discussing tactic and the Red Lady might serve him well on his next mission. It seems he rather rushed in to face off against the White Dragon, a much stronger foe, and nearly died for it. I look forward to future interactions with Singix. I intend to try to send word to the Talons of Justice and inquire on him.

For now, it is simply good to know that a White Dragon necromancer was fallen, and that a Silver Paladin continues on in his duties.
Bio, Journal

-Aaron Lyonaler
sweetlikesplenda

Another proclamation from the Council of Four. Another disappointment. Another incident of the good people of the city's efforts ignored, while the Zhentarim are once again praised. And once more, people ask "Why?" "What is the point?". How much longer will the city cow down before the Zhentarim in this pointless treaty? Six years spent constantly trying to make even the slightest dent in to the treaty. But, the efforts are brushed aside, again. I find more and more, upon waking up, just to get out of bed, I have to tell myself...

Bio, Journal

-Aaron Lyonaler
sweetlikesplenda

“Between two groups of people who want to make inconsistent kinds of worlds, I see no remedy but force.” ― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

The time for quiet is over. The Dukes had asked for silence on the plans towards the Zhentarim. But, the announcement had been made. The City was no longer tethered to the Zhentarim. The ruse was over and "Playing along" with the Zhentarim to keep them unaware of the Lord's Alliance plans was finished. It was difficult to know what i did, while people were losing hope. To not be able to tell them that things were not what they may have seemed and that they would soon be better was a difficult task. But, we have moved beyond that now. The time to gather those who wish to fight the Zhentarim was now. A meeting in Triel is fast approaching and soon I will find myself on the front lines of this war. I cannot foresee who will take which sides in this. But, to those I am familiar with that end up in support of the enemy, I wish them a warrior's death on the battlefield.

The Lord's Alliance troop have moved upon Zhentarim lands. Corm Orp is surrounded, while the bulk of the army moves north to capture it. Though, the enemy seems to have friends of their own. A beast, likely a dragon, has attacked a lumber camp and slain many of the people there. The very ground is scorched to the point that nothing may grow there for a long time. With such destructive powers, it will make the assault upon the walls of Darkhold all the more difficult.

I have some ideas to isolate Darkhold further, but I will need to meet with the military leaders in Triel. I have some preparing to do before the meeting a few days. I just pray the Lady of Strategy guides us in the upcoming battles.
Bio, Journal

-Aaron Lyonaler

Return to “Character Biographies and Journals”