Character Biographies, Journals, and Stories

Moderators: Moderator, DM

niapet

Elspeth's Official Records and Journals

Unread post by niapet »

Elspeth Silverleaf: 5'7" (tall for an elf) 135 lbs

Hair: Silver

Eyes Flecked with Gold

Home: Cormanthor, her family fought the drow as part of the attempt to drive them out. She lost her sister and Father to the drow. She recently discovered her Brother, Sythaeryn Silverleaf, survived and has joined her on the sword coast.

Elspeth has a very strong sense of duty and of right and wrong and will not compromise for anyone or anything. She hates the drow with a passion that is strong even for Tel-Quessir.
Last edited by niapet on Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elspeth Silverleaf "Is a thing good because the gods say it is so? Or is there objective good in the universe?"
Cherry Thistleknot "Cherry, like the tree, Druids like trees"
niapet

Re: Elspeth's Official Records and Journals

Unread post by niapet »

Today I lost a dear friend... she has fallen onto a dark path I fear she will never return from.. Goodbye Cylissa, you once noble warrior...

Record of events:

Cylissa Tanyathor: But she isn't a Drow damn it! she yells
Aurellia: She encouraged conflict and deceipt
Aurellia: when she delighted in the lies from the mouth of the Talosian, the one known as Ella Rift, among other names
Cylissa Tanyathor: But... Dasha isn't like that.
Elspeth Silverleaf: So it is fine to befriend the devil, to help the devils, as long as you are not one of them?
Cylissa Tanyathor: That's in the past. She has promissed me she isn't dealing with the Drow.
Elspeth Silverleaf: And if she is useful to them.. she deserves the noose!
---
Aurellia: Her actions speak louder than your words.
Cylissa Tanyathor: She is a merchant, just like Pokey. She sells potions. She has her things down in the Underdark where she has spent most of her life.
Elspeth Silverleaf: Dear Seldarine.. she is a war profiteer for the enemy!? This is what you tell me to try to aquit her of guilt!?
Elspeth Silverleaf: She sell drow merchandise.. to enrich them and feed their war machine?
Cylissa Tanyathor: Lies! She sells potions and wine! Here, have a look. she hands her a bottle
Elspeth Silverleaf: You just said she gets them from the drow city...
---
Aurellia: Oh yes, money always makes it okay
Aurellia: Money makes everything acceptable
---
Elspeth Silverleaf: I think we are done then..
Elspeth Silverleaf: Dont you think Dasha?
Cylissa Tanyathor: What? looks around
Cylissa Tanyathor: she stares confused at Elspeth for a moment
Dasha: Oh, it was so hard not to smash your arrogant face... My willpower has grown indeed. steps out from the wall
Elspeth Silverleaf: You eyes are not very so keen Cylissa.. or your acting skills are very good...
Cylissa Tanyathor: Dasha...
Elspeth Silverleaf: Some of us can see very well...
Dasha: Really? You are just another blind zealous bitch! says with anger
Elspeth Silverleaf: Watch your tongue murderer
Cylissa Tanyathor: Stop!
Elspeth Silverleaf: or Ill cut it out
Dasha: Murderer?! yells Go ahead!
Elspeth Silverleaf: You and your drow band killed my Kyravae...
Elspeth Silverleaf: And now it is quite clear you two intended to ambush me...
Dasha: And now you want to join that pathetic little (germbag)? gives a vile smile

She admitted to the murder... She will see justice.
Last edited by niapet on Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elspeth Silverleaf "Is a thing good because the gods say it is so? Or is there objective good in the universe?"
niapet

Unread post by niapet »

I declined the evil tiefling’s absurd challenge to brawl like orcs in the mud. But she could not leave it alone… She came looking for me with Cylissa, and the little hin Pokey, in toe. She was intent on “dragging me to the area by my tongue”. What a lovely personality that one had.

When the confrontation begun I drew upon the most powerful of dweomers and stripped all of her preparatory wards. I then locked her in place with a powerful weave. I had intended to have a civilized talk after that but Cylissa, and pokey, immediately attacked. Cylissa attacked me and tried to kill me with that gruesome poleaxe of hers.

I subdued Cylissa quickly enough with my sword. I made sure to use the flat of the blade. Pokely then drew his blades and attempted to kill Aurelia; Auelia stepped aside of his strikes and I saw her no more. I moved to confront Dasha and the next thing I knew a thin blade that greeted me through the tiefling’s neck.. There was a gurgling sond and the tiefling fell to the ground limp.

The hin now pressed the attack alone and struck Aurlia so hard she fell unconscious. I could not catch the little creature with my blade, so I drew my bow and shot him down. My brother happened upon the scene after it was over. After attending to Aurelia’s wounds we all left that forsaken place… Cylissa crumpled over the dead body of her lover, wailing like a human woman that lost her child… My heart still aches for my former friend.

niapet

Unread post by niapet »

Elspeth Has been spending a great deal of time in the labs of the Wizards's Tower in Doron Amar as of late. She is obsessed with some blood samples she has. Anyone sharing a lab bench with her can often hear her mutter... There is a difference.. I know there is a difference and I will find it!

niapet

Unread post by niapet »

So many experiments and such poor note taking.. Some of these past arch-mages were really quite bad scientists...

niapet

Unread post by niapet »

Elspeth Spent a day indulging in silkroot tea with Cylissa. It was almost like old times.. They came close to reconciling and even embraced like sisters...

Image Image

But then came the messenger... I begged her not to go.. I cried an pleaded with her... But she left me there.. to go back to her... or whatever it is now...
niapet

Unread post by niapet »

She is alive... After all of the events that transpired she lives.. Are we still killers? What does this mean? What does it mean that we live in a universe where death is so capricious?

Cylissa invited me to talk.. and we spoke of old times... Then She showed up, alive and well. There was concern there might be violence.. I did not care... I removed my sword and put it on the table. I sat down and listened to every word she had to say.. but the inevitable came up.. the dhaeraow..

She refused to speak of it.. but it is the central issue. Consorting with beings as evil as the lords of the nine hells is not a trivial point of departure.

At one point I felt like I almost got through to her; that is before my brother pulled me out of the meeting to tell me thing I already surmised..

I simply asked her "do you love her?" She would not answer the question, she can not say the words. But that is expected. She is likely not truly capable of love, just lust and a distorted sense of possession...

If she loves Cylisssa, she will end her relations with the dark elves, not for me, not for justice, not for salvation.. for Cylissa.. if, she loves her.

niapet

Unread post by niapet »

Today I journeyed with my people to the sacred tree in the cloud peak mountains. It was an arduous journey filled with hardships and a constant battle against the climate..
But when we reached the sacred place it was all worth it... A sense of pure peace and tranquility came over me.. Hope.. for the first time in a long time I felt.. Hope...
Last edited by niapet on Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:22 pm, edited 5 times in total.
niapet

Unread post by niapet »

After the Journey to the sacred tree I was relaxing in the friendly arm courtyard. Whisper was runiing about as usual and of course Dasha was there. I told whisper NOT to cause any trouble but.. cats... I told her I was at least going to make her invisible.. I guess Dasha smelled her because she chased the poor little darling off.

Later I went into the Inn to have a drink, or three. Upon coming out I thought it would be funny to play some music from behind a hedge while Cylissa talked with her friends; like that time when I played haunting music for her before. This was more of a joke, I expected it to be funny.. oh I guess it was not.

Dasha freaked out and stated yelling and screaming. She threatened to break my lute! my lute!! She also threatened to kill my cat.. That woman is truly depraved...

I tried to lighten the mood with more music and joking. It did not work. Dasha started kicking and punching inanimate objects... Eventually Cylissa left and Dasha followed suit. I had a short, pleasant, conversation with the dwarf and human with whom they were previously speaking.
niapet

Unread post by niapet »

I have been in the lab all day.. I think I am on to something here...
Last edited by niapet on Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
niapet

Unread post by niapet »

Today I was helping a friend look for an elf named Myrene who Seranna tried to poison. We were working on solving this mystery and came across signs of Seranna everywhere. At that moment I received a sending from Cylissa telling me she needed to see me immediately. I was irritated and my response was simply, "I cannot, I am busy defending the village".

Apparently Cylissa took the above quite literally and showed up at the gates with a small army... She actually showed the way to our village to two humans and the drow loving tiefling Dasha... she led Dasha directly to Doron Amar! She showed her where the city is! Is she a traitor or just a complete fool!? The rangers were ready to kill Dasha but I stopped them. I may have to answer for that... but I couldn't let them do it in front of Cylissa.. I couldn't let her see that.

My relationship with Cylissa however is over. I gave her a chance to choose the light and come with my brother and me. She chose Dasha. She has chosen a few decades with a demon and centuries of exile... I don't understand... I just do not understand...

I will have to report to the council that I do not believe Cylissa can be trusted enough to be admitted to the city.. in fact I believe the entire city should be closed to her, like my heart now is.
niapet

Unread post by niapet »

Elspeth sits down to pen her journal and writes a long list of utter gibberish.
niapet

Unread post by niapet »

I had a long talk today with a half-elf named Hester. She seems a nice enough sort but she told me her name was not one I should mention in Doron Amar; that my kinfolk hate her. When I pressed her for why this was so she told me that she had a drow friend.

I almost got up and just walked out at that. What is with people on the sword coast and their love of these despicable creatures? She told me, however, that this drow was an outcast from the underdark and a follower of the Seldarine. She told me this dorw sought to atone for, and one day remove her curse. I dont know what to make of that.

One thing I am very troubled by is that Hester told me that the elves of Doron Amar tried to kill her. I certainly understand the anger at the drow relationship but Hester has Tel-Quessir blood.. Kin-Slaying is worse than any other crime.. including consorting with the drow.. It is why Cylissa still lives.
niapet

Unread post by niapet »

I met with Dove and other members of the Church of Mystra. They seem to have discovered the magic that is upon me. I don't feel confident they will be able to help.
niapet

Unread post by niapet »

Aurelia And I have started a Gem buying and selling business. We refuse to murder random tribes of goblins, and other less comely races, just to make coin. There is no way to know for sure those we kill are all evil all the time. That conversation I had with Peric still eats at me.
Last edited by niapet on Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Character Biographies and Journals”