Recollection Of Past Hunts - An old predator returns.

Character Biographies, Journals, and Stories

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Slunko

Recollection Of Past Hunts - An old predator returns.

Unread post by Slunko » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:06 am

It has been some years now, and many moons past. It feels like a lifetime ago, and it was another life. A life in Cormyr, lived for the royal navy, a blue dragon. It seems as such a trivial thing now, all up to the point of the Great Hunt.
Being the target, running through the city and the wilds, doors shut in front of me, pleas for help unanswered, snarling of beast and men behind me, tracking.

It took a Great Hunt under the full moon to show me the thrill, the frenzy and the one truth to this world; There is only the Hunt. There are the strong and the weak. The Predator and the Prey. Asking for a boon if I survived, I knew what I’d say. I wished to be among the hunters, and never again prey.
And so it was, granted an alpha who would show the way, taking the road when the hunting grounds had too many hunters, traveling towards the Sea of Swords. It was… five years now? It is hard to remember. A land of untamed wilds and strong prey, yet the reach of civilization starts to taint it. But cities can be apt hunting grounds as well, and the strong will survive a few stone-made huts, while the weak grow lazy in their comforts and fat.

Thoughts come hard now, my mind now only a predator’s cunning. I spend more time as a beast than a man. I wonder, which am I really. The forms of hunters come easy and come plenty. They feel normal now. Am I wearing a borrowed skin as I walk on two legs? A skin stolen from a life which ended many moons ago.

It was in this land that the will of the Beastlord became clear beyond the hunt; It was a joined effort, a pack, striving towards bringing all of Malar’s chosen kin from their banishment and see them claim the Woods of the Sharp Teeth once more. It all started with lycan-kin, dedicated to Selune, the weak curs.
The patient predator gets his prey, and so he did. The city came back and the first Great Hunt of the coast had begun. This time, I was the hunter, and I won. The target did not live through the day as I once did, so long ago.

But it was not to be. I was not yet the apex predator; An old druid, Ivan they called him, one with the knowledge of draconic shapes showed me true power and might. He humbled me, beat me to the ground. As I lay there, helpless, he spoke words of his wisdom as I contemplated my past mistakes.

But the mistake was his. He left a wounded foe alive. And now, many years later, I come back, stronger than ever and I will revel in the hunt, and all will know the singular Truth of the World;

---There is only The Hunt.
Galean, Rock and Gale Enterprises
Goth Dar'gul Eye of Ruin
Remus the Marauding Malarite

Slunko

Re: Recollection Of Past Hunts - An old predator returns.

Unread post by Slunko » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:44 pm

No worthy kills yet. Some dragged to caves, fought, knocked down, demanded answers of worthier prey.

One of Candlekeep, and one shaman with an ego. One rogue of some sort, and a girl with white hair. Some others as well, even less important.

The one of Candlekeep spoke of some targets after being bled and cut long enough for her sobbing to stop. She was useless. Worthless. Though I smell she did not die there, she crawled towards the potion I've left behind. Perhaps stronger than I've gathered.

The shaman was... dark. Twisted. Corrupted. Unpure. She bled, sure, but she felt no pain. She bled and then simply walked away, tendons still cut. Hard to track too, she blinks out of this world. She ended up dead, or close to it. She wasn't a worthy sacrifice. Another's life took that place.

...weakness since I was last here. This shore is growing weak. The ones I've left alive make empty threats, but perhaps some worthier targets will come. Or perhaps I move on, stalking other prey, in other lands.
Goth Dar'gul Eye of Ruin

Slunko

Unread post by Slunko » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:22 pm

Today was a good hunt. Three targets, a hin mage, a human, Reineke of Candlekeep no less, and later joining them, a she-druid transformed into a dragon.

The roar of triumph warmed my blood and as I ripped the dragons throat out and ate her heart, I could once more feel the triumphant roar of Bloodlust. It was what I was chasing and more.

...the human, Reineke. He survived the long drag, and spoke words to me. Spoke of worthy prey. All groups are smashed apart and weak, yet some strong remain, worthy of being prey. A shady one he names, she-elf of Doron Amar, Micar'mizzrim. Bad prey, but she will drown in blood, as will all her kind, elf-filth.

A better prey he names. Wirg. Wirg an orc druid, travels with dragon, must be strong enough to face. He will be a good offering to the Beastlord.

...and Reineke. He may yet live, left there, in a puddle of his blood, muscles cut and his salvation only feet away. The strong will survive. Will we meet again someday, I wonder.

The howls pierce the nights air. The hunt goes on!
Goth Dar'gul Eye of Ruin

Slunko

Unread post by Slunko » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:43 pm

A cunning predator knows how to act as prey. How many of the hunters ever suspected a simple mouse, hidden inside a bush by the fireplace they so often frequent. And word spreads fast. The hunter knows the languages of the races. The hunter hears of plans being lain.

The hunter relishes the thrill of imminent danger. The chance to offer up another worthy foe.

...let them come. I was ready and fast. But through my haste the kills I leave behind do not suffer enough. The death is not dragged out, nor bloody. An elf, whose death should have been slow and legendary was simply knocked over and his heart torn from his chest.

...was it fear of being caught, that gave me haste, or was it the thrill of being done with this one and moving to someone who'd offer a challenge.

...thoughts blur again, the frenzy overtakes. Howls fill my lung and my mind, claws raking, teeth tearing at flesh. I call for the pack, for the Hunt is alive!
Goth Dar'gul Eye of Ruin

Slunko

Unread post by Slunko » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:43 pm

A good day, one to be remembered in the long winter nights. A wielder of fel magicks, halfling. He... fought like a badger. Small but fierce. As I held him in my moment of triumph he spat in my face with a spell of disjuncting! It was a bold move. He died for it, but not before enacting a toll. I wonder if my face will truly heal from the acid he conjured.

And an unlikely duo... Sharp Teeth forest they prowled. One hunter wielding an over sized farming instrument, one professing to the Great Mother. I was unaware of the goddess and had to ask about her. I still do not understand who she was. I regret loosing my temper and ending him fast. There were many questions I wanted to tear from his screaming mouth.
...but I doubt he would have screamed. Men like him rarely scream.

The silent one as well. With a flaming sword and divine aid, enlarged to see eye to eye in my largest of forms. An avatar of celestia, how I relished tearing at his flesh. He was left alive, one of Torm, with a lession given, that all is a Hunt and that he is either like me, or he is prey. I think we might meet again.

...the fights kept me on my toes. My mind had to awaken from its usual blood-frenzy. I need more. With the hunters at my heels, the cunning predator must take over.
Goth Dar'gul Eye of Ruin

Slunko

Unread post by Slunko » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:24 pm

The drow amuse me. Torn arms, leg broken, yet still she bites at me.

She will be my pack-mate when she realizes that she's following weakness.

She is an animal. She will hunt, because it is in her nature. She will kill, because it it in her nature. She will hate, because it is in her nature. She will learn of her nature and become a hunter.

...or she will bleed out in the cave. Her life is fading. She is still tainted by fear. She must understand that her flesh is there to be hurt, to be torn, to be flayed away. She must know that or her spirit will forever remain broken.

She will learn, or she will die because she was weak all along.
Goth Dar'gul Eye of Ruin

Slunko

Unread post by Slunko » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:51 am

At last! A prey worthy of a Hunt! One I cannot take down on my own. One I cannot hope to! Finally a prey that had beaten me into the dirt!

My mind roars with excitement and seething rage, my heart pounds in my chest with fury gained through humiliating defeat! We will hunt this unholy witch together and we will tear her to shreds and we will prove that no unholy witchery can stand before the might
of the pack and that even the dead can die again!

[I howl the words to the winds, I cast animal messengers and defeated predators of the woods to carry the word; The faithful must gather under the moonlight, and we must hunt together once more! There is prey strong enough that demands it!]

[This is a call to all who already do and all who wish to start playing malarites or similarly evil inclined hunters to join forces on a worthy hunt or just generally pull our efforts and play together. Anyone willing to join, give me a /tell or send a forum MSG]
Goth Dar'gul Eye of Ruin

Slunko

Unread post by Slunko » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:16 am

With only weaklings answering the call, it falls to me to make hunters out of prey, and it seems that the odds are in my favor! Reineke, now Villame hunted for me, casted spells and fought.

I admire the rage, the sheer courage and the lust for the kill that lurk behind that bearded face. If he had only realized he should have not wasted the bloodlust and frenzy on casting spells.

...I take him to a cave and let him recover. He lays there, he slowly walks to the fire.

"We speak now. You refuse to, and I get the knife again."
...he speaks.

A simple offer was made. The results were... unexpected.
[Rage overtakes, I frenzy and vision blurs. He dies, his blood painting the walls. He will regret this, if the cruel gods decide to bring him back once more.]

...I take a ring and his sword. They will send a message.
Goth Dar'gul Eye of Ruin

Slunko

Unread post by Slunko » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:02 pm

A monk steps to my campfire. A robed, frail-looking one. I snarl, he refuses to leave. He fights. He fights... underhanded, with a trinket that restores his life, over and over and yet over again. He is... immortal.

I flee, the dragon takes flight, the man walks through trees. I lick my wounds and stalk again.

[The frenzy... It is too much. It overtakes. It claws, like nails in my mind, aching, pounding. I must kill, I must tear, I am compelled.]
An adventuring army comes to my forest. Monk with them. But also some... *snarl* filth of a holy-man. A knight, self righteous, speaking words of self import, demanding things of the hunter. [The claws dig deeper into my mind, the vision turns red. The frenzy, it calls for blood.] He does not make demands! He was unworthy to speak to an alpha hunter. The frail monk earned that right, not the knight!

I finally embrace death. No living mortal can ever take on such a number of these demi-gods that stride the coast, the very same ones I stalked and hoped to offer up as sacrifice.

I embrace the Hunt, the Frenzy, the Bloodlust, we are one finally. There is no mind, there is no past, there is no future, there is simply... ...bloodlust.

With this ends the story of my first serious character on this server, started years ago. A Cormyte, survivor of a Great Hunt, who as reward for it asked that he should be taught in the ways of the Beastlord. A path that eventually led him to becoming a beast himself.

A thank you note, to those who enjoyed the roleplay with me, and an apology to those, who I've upset. And as a friend once told me on this server...
"A good villain knows when to die."
Goth Dar'gul Eye of Ruin