Character Biographies, Journals, and Stories

Moderators: Moderator, DM

ZestyDragon
Retired Staff

Gabby's Gab Book

Unread post by ZestyDragon »

[parchment]
Kythorn 25, 1354 DR
Every night the same dream, the screams, the smell. I often wonder if i will ever escape it, but the truth is do i really want to?. Would escaping it not mean i have come to accept the part i played? Their worth degraded?. I am glad for Alyssa, since she joined with me the fires have stopped. Can't go setting the building on fire by mistake, not this building anyway i might be unemployed.

I should write back to the temple and let them know how things are going. House Darius has been very accommodating, providing me with a place to live, food and employment. My first suggestion went over well, i am glad they are finding me useful here. Fingal is a bit racist but a pretty nice guy, not bad looking either. He is trying very hard to change and i can respect that, we even made an agreement involving fire should he revert. Oth and Jadoth are great to, Oth is pretty fun and accommodating, he seems uninterested in sharing his past however so i will have to do some investigation. Jadoth is a bit odd but kind-hearted and slightly gullible, his hair only makes me slightly jealous.

Then there is the star sapphire. Should the impurities not hold me back? or decrease my interest?. Yet i don't care, in-fact just the opposite the impurities add to the beauty. I have never been a gem person before, why now i wonder? or is it just this particular gem?. I don't know how to approach this especially as this star sapphire is someone else's. Perhaps i should forget about the gem, but every encounter makes that less likely. I really need to make more friends, a few girlfriends to talk about this sort of thing would be nice. Maybe i can just put a dress on Oth, That might do?.[/parchment]
Included with the journal page are a few very small gems, opaque deep blue with white six-pointed stars on the surface. How they stay attached is a mystery.

ZestyDragon
Retired Staff

Re: Gabby's Gab Book

Unread post by ZestyDragon »

[parchment]
Flamerule 10, 1354 DR
Two of the orcs have been reduced to dust and scattered to the winds. I am not sure they they are the ones responsible, the ones i need to find. But they made the mistake of ambushing me so i can only assume they are. The goodly people of the sword coast decided to leave this orc village be, to not risk stirring up a hornet's nest. I can see the wisdom in that, but with the recent attacks i wonder if this can remain. Sooner or later these drow and orcs are going to cross to many people, then no choice will remain but to remove them. Do they understand that their antagonizing will be the eradication of their clan?. A conflict would risk the lives of many innocents, i should find another way to deal with this problem.

Laeria is helping me get in touch with my Elven heritage, so i have been staying at Doron Amar with her. The more i hear the more i wish i had grown up with my mother and not my father. their appreciation for magic far exceeds anything i have witnessed in humans so far. Hopefully i will be able to bring more of what i have learned to the academy, with the right people by my side i can restore this cities view on mages. And create something the Duke can depend on. I just have to come up with a nice way of dealing with all the stupid suggestions that come up. Like binding devils or creating a golem army.

I never thought i would adorn these robes again especially without the crest. However i cannot keep pretending or hiding. If my school is to succeed then i have to let go of my past failure, i am no hedge wizard or under powered assistant. I am an Archmage, it is time i make that clear.[/parchment]
pressed between the pages is a piece of purple fabric with a crest upon it.

Return to “Character Biographies and Journals”