Moderators: Moderator, DM

Cinta

Teu'ivae

Unread post by Cinta »

The Character

Alias: Teu'ivae
Race: Sun Elf
Physique: Light weight and fragile looking
Eyes: Amber colored, with arcane markings running down to the bottom of her cheeks
Hair: Brown, long and wavy

Personality profile: It's easy to spot from her behavior that this sun elf is perceptive and clever. She's difficult to trust new people, but rewarding with those she does.
Alignment: Chaotic good
Initial profession: Priestess of Angharradh and Diviner of Sehanine Moonbow
Class development: Wizard / Cleric / Olin Gisir / Archmage

Background:
Cutting it short, Teu'ivae was edified on the path of the Olin Gisiae after she proved her worth by completing a task that her Goddess entrusted her. Satisfied with her service so far, the ruling council of Evermeet allowed her to choose a place on the mainland where she would be the eyes, ears, or acting hand of Sehanine Moonbow and the Triune Goddess, if the need arises.

Now she keeps her eyes on the Coast, to find trustworthy and able people to help her retrieve tomes of ancient knowledge, or hire them as scouts and informants.
Last edited by Cinta on Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
?
Cinta

Re: Teu'ivae

Unread post by Cinta »

A Vision

The violent voice of a war horn blared in her ears, while sulphuric smoke obscured her vision, stinging her eyes to tears. She rub her eyes and spit to the ground, the foul smell scraping her throat. As the horn screamed again, the elf grip her spear harder, and started to run. Fallen and burnt creatures lined the path on both sides, but her body felt stronger and sturdier, arms and legs perfectly trained for such long runs during the past decades. It took a moment till she realized: that wasn’t her own body, she saw through the eyes of someone else.

The charred ground painfully slowly changed as she run, but then she reached the sparse forest line, as dark violet clouds gathered up on the sky. Long ears desperately heed back from where she came, but the sound of battle could not keep pace with her, it seems. Fist on chest, the elf drop to one knee when entering the large tent, holding out her treasured package, a scroll rolled in green broadcloth. Scattered twigs impatiently rattled under approaching boots, and she can't help but raise her gaze at the gilded armor of the nearing sun-elf General.

"The Or'Tel'Quessir abandoned the front-lines!" - he spoke - "They are probably back hiding in their burrows by now." - an outrageous roar echoed along the gathering - "Then they returned there to die!"
Her throat started to scrape again, her vision blurring under a descending cloud of acidic fumes. She was back on the battlefield again, or rather, the battle came to her.
A wounded griffon stumbled down to the ground next to her, it's rider grimly rolling to his feet to report to the generals.
"The dwarves can't leave their tunnels anytime soon, they are barred off all sides.." - nervous hisses rose from all around - "Curse their tunnels and our luck, we are not leaving here eithe- "

Suddenly they arrived. A sinister feeling grasped the heart of the elf as she turned, sharp reflexes guiding through her spear between the eyes of a monstrous fiendish hound. Still, an ice-cold shiver run up on her spine while looking on it's unconcerned, wicked smile -
"Alone.."
The images around her violently twisted, for an instant she was back in the tent, then a moment later she barely managed to tumble away from the path of a falling boulder, burning with violet-blue flames.
"All alooooonee..."
A hysterical laugh ringed in the back of her mind, as she jumped up and slapped her hands on the masterfully crafted table.
"The Stone City is not far, if we could just send them a missive - "
Expressions stone-hard, the oval faces turned to regard the elf, needing nothing more to remind her of her impropriety.
"We are not asking help from traitors."
The elf vainly strained her mind over the meaning, while the ground flipped under her, sending her to fall hard on her back.
"YOU ARE ALONE"
The air ominously whistled above, as something incredibly large struck the ground not far away. Rubble flew at all directions, and she lost her consciousness.

Eyelids felt heavy as she slowly opened her eyes. Strangely, the sounds of battle were gone, and the wind blew moist air on her scarred face. Her breathing was heavy.
Calmly, the rubble grumbled under heavy boots walking up to her as she lay on the ground, and a hand was extended down to her.
A hand, broader and larger to be that of an elf.
?
Cinta

Unread post by Cinta »

Journal

"I have to admit, the prophecy has chosen me well. For a long time I was - or am still, to some extent - the same as the leaders of our People in my visions. Proud, easy to judge, compassionless, still clinging to gilded shells of our assumed greatness.
Though it was never required to act on it, only to keep the secret, I can't help but wonder how I could change what's awaiting us.

This strange bond with the hedge-wizard made me realize how similar my life is to the visions: constant fleeing, seclusion, loneliness..
But his presence tempts me to hope again. What if we could really be more than just more than what we are now?

History is sewn from tangled threads of individual life stories. Perhaps it was never the goal to change others in attempt to alter the course of our future. Perhaps it is only me I have to change."
?
Cinta

Unread post by Cinta »

Journal

"I tended his wounds tonight... All those nasty claw and bite marks, gaping wounds refusing to mend by magic.. it was truly a horrible sight.
I feared for him, like he was one of my own, and I can’t shake this anxiety even now. I care for him much, much more than I thought I would.

Indisputable, he fascinates me - his mind, his wisdom, his drive, his humor, his kindness, the depths he understands - all keeping my thoughts drifting back to him when we are not together, but making me uneasy at the same time.

Angharradh help me, I will help him through this situation, but what will happen the next time? And the next after that?
I don’t have to read his future to see how his reckless, heroic attitude towards his own life could easily snap his remaining years, even though he didn’t have so much to begin with. We are not of the same kind.
I keep wondering, just how much do I want to be involved with him? Just now, I could take a step back, I could be distant, unconcerned, before I find myself to treasure him too much, way too much. I could stand on the side and indifferently observe how the future folds out before me, fending my heart from being wounded more and more deeply.

Ironically, when I make up my mind at last, my visions return in my reverie, to question my decisions again and again."
?
Cinta

Unread post by Cinta »

Excerpts

Probably this wasn't the best idea of her life.

Reverie eluded her this night, the foul smell of the wyvern's touch stuck to her hair and clothes, always triggering her mind to wake in alarm.
Night time or not, it was hard to tell so deep in the dungeon, the only sources of light being the shyly flickering torches on the walls of the ancient ruins.

She run her eyes around the small chamber, the tirelessly dripping water from the ceiling, the leftover crafting ingredients at the corner, and the bunch of rotten meat and poisonous mushrooms on the ramshackle table… Unmercifully, time was running out, the privilege of choosing between right or wrong methods forfeited by now.

The elf closed her eyes for a fleeting moment, trying to remember the lusty forest around Doron Amar, the inviting peacefulness of the village, the sweet words and warm hugs, the closeness of what once she knew as family...

Then, she remembered that so familiar color of blue, the gentle smell of lilacs - she remembered how Laeria warned her of the two ways, and remembered her own response, claiming to be able to fly above those paths.
Where did it go wrong then?
Somewhere inbetween falling free from the clouds, and being set down to the ground so shamefully?

Unintentionally, she recalled the disgust on Oth's face when they parted, which in turn made her remember her own speeches to Nathan..
Gods, this will need a hell of explaining.

She glanced down on the bed, at the weary face of the old gnome crafter, exhaustion dragging him into a deep slumber. Next to him, the hedge wizard rested in a tranquil sleep, and the elf couldn't help but feel jealous of his fearless composure towards this whole situation.

Quietly, she slipped down from the dusty bed on her feet, and sneaked out on the archway to the bigger chamber, fitted up with crafting equipment. The adrenaline of the last day was lost, and the sight of the skeleton soldiers still guarding the doors - so indifferently - made her nauseated twofold.
Soft smiles of painted clay dolls creeped at her while she passed the tables, fleeing towards the exitless stone corridors.
Carved runes marked the walls at one alcove, left behind neglected, waiting for decay to come. The undead never moved a fingerbone when she returned there again to ponder on the symbol's meanings.

Even while seemingly slumbering, this cursed army felt so formidable, dealing from the shadows with so gruesome nimbleness, feasting on unnatural magic of terrifying prowess.
A force too tremendous to be waved upon lightly.

Such power, forbidding the earthly remains of so many to rest at last. Since how long now? And for such reasons?
The last flickers of a melted down candle eerily shimmered to her eyes when she glanced back towards the crafting tables.

This camaraderie of centuries should be put to a stop soon..
?
Cinta

Unread post by Cinta »

Journal

"The flames of the Hells can’t burn harder than the anger burns my heart while writing these lines.
What started so disasterously, even got worse during the last tenday.

Am I to be lectured, for I chose to use my mind instead of blindly taking on a fight we could never champion?
Am I fallen, for I choose to aid those who are willing to do something against our foes instead of scrutinizing others' acts from far?
Am I to be ostracized, for I attacked those who attacked my family beforehand?
Am I to tolerate the threats on my life from those ignorant to see the whole picture?

Are we really better, my kin, than any other?
A non-elf’s life can be shattered by our hands, but we are untouchable? Why, do we worth more in any way?
It is not the devils, not any monster horde that will finish our race, it is already rooted inside.
It’s this ancient rooting pride and ignorance, the blind refusal to think and understand beyond what’s plain to the eyes.

Did I not try to reason, so many times? Did I not try to explain again and again?
And it hurst so much that it’s my own kin who refuses the most to understand.

But fine. If it hurts your reputable eyes so much, you don’t have to
see me anymore.
But do ask yourselves, was I really the greatest evil you saw, to receive such attention?"
?

Return to “Character Biographies and Journals”