The last page in an interesting chapter - Fingal Darius.

Character Biographies, Journals, and Stories

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Progressive-Psy

The last page in an interesting chapter - Fingal Darius.

Unread post by Progressive-Psy »

Today a new chapter starts in my life, and I would like to round of the previous one with a few words in my journal to you my future son, Hadwin Bradford Darius.

Be aware that your mother has been away for a few days, and I have found a bottle of whiskey that I am now halfway through.

Where do I start? The women, there was a lot of women son, brunettes, redheads, blonds, prostitutes, even a few men along the way. A lot of heartache, a lot of hearts broken... A lot of bottles thrown at me, I was stabbed more times than I can remember, all in the chase of love or at least that's what I told them, and honestly? I deserved it all, every stab wound, every broken rib, cause they got me, pants down with another naked woman. Let me tell you what, when your former lover barges in on you being in bed with another woman? Just, do as your Uncle Luke always says, duck, roll and run! Do not ask her to join, that's just rude...

Enough about the women. Who am I kidding you are a Darius, enough women is a term that we have a hard time understanding, what I am trying to say, son, is that even though you mess up, hurt people, get hurt, just keep going, keep living, keep moving, cause life is not gonna wait for you.

You might think that was the ending? it would honestly be a really good way to end it, but no.

Now... The Drugs, the insane amount of different kinds of substances in all kinds of ways I have dosed myself with, I had a suitcase not too long ago, it had everything, It was a gift from the Gods and to think your mother and I only paid a few hundred bags for it... It was a perfect way to say goodbye to it all, a perfect way to end that chapter. Do not tell your mother, but there are still a few things left in it today, but you will not be reading this until you are fourteen, so it will probably be gone by then. One advice? When a weird fellow called Cicero tells you to only take a small amount, do as he says. Ask your mother about The Nippler.

The friends and boy will you have many of them... But, one day you will learn as I did, that loyalty means different things to different people, I had family in Baldurs Gate, that I called my brothers, but I never trusted them to have my back, and that's just how it goes, we Darius' put everything in the word loyalty, not everyone does. But there are those special ones, for me... It was your auntie Kitzy.

I do not think I have ever told you the story about her, about how much I hated that stupid child-stealing night hag, those are my exact words when I first met her. We both hated each other... Then one day she came asking for a job, wanting to work for me and your uncle, I, of course, told her to pike of and die in a fire. But your uncle, he decided to hire her, and somewhere down the line, I started to pity her. There was one night where she fell asleep drunk in the back room of the Muse, our old bar in the City of Baldurs Gate, that place was amazing by the way, you should have seen it, the Lyre is great sure, but the Muse? Was home. Anyway, she fell asleep in the backroom of the Muse, and when I went back there to tease her, she was mumbling something about she wanted her bag of oats so that she would at least, feel the illusion of someone loving her and wanting to be close with her. And after that? I did not see her as a child stealing night hag anymore, I saw her as a person that just needed love and care. I will never tell her this, and if you do I am taking you out of the will, Kitzy became one of the biggest influences on me, she changed the way I looked at a lot of things, and she will always have my back, it might be in a weird Kitzy way, but its the best way possible, she is a perfect version of herself which is why when we moved away from Baldurs Gate she had a room in our mansion, she's family son, and we take care of our own. There are so many stories I could tell you about your auntie, like the time we were both addicted to throwing gold into a few gambling machines, I spent so much gold on that but what a rush! How ever, it all ended when I decided to take a bat to the machines, Kitzy found me smashing the machines and almost killed me over it, what a time to be alive. Kitzy and I both had a friend, well. I think he was more my friend than Kitzy's and that is my fault. Your auntie struggles with talking to people, and one day she mentioned to Osric that she wanted to paint him, and I took that as a chance to spin it into her wanting Osrics hair for her hair collection, the poor Osric was terrified and can you really blame him? A tiefling, looking to collect your hair, and for some reason, I do not remember, she also wanted his blood. The blood part was my doing, for the longest every time I was around Osric I would make comments about it, it ended with her wanting to build a golem of Osric... I think she had a crush on him I do not blame her, Osric was a good looking fellow.

I do not think your mother wants you to meet uncle AJ, but the man's my brother and one of the few that I know will always have my back. I do not blame her though, he did knock me over the head and drag med to Waterdeep once, yes your uncle kidnapped me. There are countless stories of me and your uncle AJ, some painful, physically, some funny as all hells. Two does stand out though, one time we were in the Halls of Sinners Delight, aye that's what your uncle AJ called the Halls of Inner Light within the city of Baldurs Gate. Anyway, I got on stage and performer, then I saw him enter and I immediately sang the song I wrote about his mother who I called the Man-maker of Luskan, which was not true, but it annoyed him to no end. So, he chased after me with a broken bottle fighting of crazy men with chairs at the same time. Honestly, I just think it was the guards, honestly, it was a long time ago I am not really sure why he was fighting off a crazy man with a chair... He caught up to me in the end and cut me so deep in the back with the bottle, that I needed medical help. Aye, you might think, why were your father's friend this man? Well, here is why... Back in Luskan many years ago, he saved my life. He and I had gotten into an altercation with a group of ruffians in a bar, over a woman I had a huge thing for. There was no way where we did not have to take the fight, so we did. Your Uncle AJ and I cut, got cut, beat, got beat, it was honestly the craziest fight I have ever been, sure I got into a few on the Sword Coast, but really? They all a bunch of wimps. No one brawls like a Luskan. Anyway, I am going off track again. Somewhere in between the yelling, cutting, and stabbing your Uncle AJ pushes me away and yells at me to run with the girl, now you might think never leave a brother behind, but this was AJ, he valued me getting laid more than his own safety. And for that, I will always be thankful.

How do I even start telling you about Uncle Luke? You know him yourself as a great man, probably the greatest man alive. Him and I basically built what we got today, and without him, you probably would not be here, let me tell you a bit about the happenings of Luke Darius. We once faked his death. I am not sure you ever heard that story, but we had to fake his death. And your father nowhere is a proud moment for you my son. I used that to my advantage and picked up women playing the pity card. Anyway, what I want to tell you about your uncle is a few stories you probably have not heard before. One of them was how he and I were riding a cow, naked. So, we were with a few women, Luke wanted to hook up with the pretty one so I took the ogre, she was not pretty or sexy, I even think she had a lazy eye. Anyway we were mid-action her and me in a barn and suddenly the door is kicked open, there stands her brothers with their pitchforks and shovels ready to beat me up. Luckily your uncle was aware this was happening because they got to him first, so your uncle had run away, into a field, jumped on a cow butt naked and rode on it to come get me! So, as those idiots stood there wanting to beat my (hiney) with their primitive peasant weapons your uncle came flying through the door on this cow, picked me up and threw me up on the back of it and of we went, two drunken Luskan brothers butt naked on a cow. I'll try to keep it short, but there is one more story about your Uncle Luke you need to hear. This one day back in the Muse I came into the bar and your uncle came flying over the bar, I yelled at him and asked him what in the nine hells he was doing, turned out he was practicing his dropkick. Which proved to be a good idea because later that night your Uncle AJ was acting a fool, and out of nowhere Luke jumped over the bar and jump kicked AJ into the floor. One of those moments I would like to relive, or hopefully, you will get in the same situation and tell me all about it.

Another great friend of mine was Goldenrule, or that is what I will call him in this piece, there are things you do not need to know and his name is one of them. You'll get the reference when you get older, or maybe you already do? I probably told you about the Goldenrule already. He and I did everything together, he was one of the best wing-mans I ever met, and I would try my best to repay the favor. We once tricked and drugged a Lord of Baldurs Gate, one of the many no questions asked we pulled on each other.

Your mother... Boy was she everything I had ever searched for, she is so perfect for me that at one time I thought she was a Darius, well not really but you know what I mean. The way she can challenge me, put up with me, party with me and . . . We met at the Lyre, our bar in Baldurs gate, the first time I met her I forgot her name. I blame the whiskey. It was at a party we were hosting, a celebration, and I was dressed as a wild barbarian, shirtless, and all the accessories that follow. A few days after the party she started working for us, this was the same day your Uncle Luke and I decided that we no longer should sleep with those who worked for us. That went great! Anyway, your mother and I spent a few nights together, then we decided to run away together for a tenday or two, on this trip of ours we declared our love, got engaged and that is also where you got your name from, your mother asked me in a joke what I would name my son. Once we got back from our trip we quickly got married and has since been happy to live in a life blessed by Tymora.

So in the end, was it all worth it? By Tymora. How irreparably changed my life has become. Its always the first day of summer and your mother is opening the door for me dressed in one of her many pretty dresses. I'll grant you I have had more than my share of unpleasant moments, but I learned from them all, grew from them all and brought them with me. Life passes most people by while they are making grand plans for it. Throughout my lifetime, I've left pieces of my heart here and there. And now, they have been collected into one by you and your mother. I never have to force a smile again, because you two complete me.

I might regret writing this in fourteen years, but we will just have to see about that Hadwin.
Fingal Darius.
Retired to Waterdeep with his wife - Might visit.

GMT +2

Return to “Character Biographies and Journals”