The Wolf of the Green Enclave

Character Biographies, Journals, and Stories

Moderators: Moderator, DM

JustAnotherGuy

The Wolf of the Green Enclave

Unread post by JustAnotherGuy »

He sat down at his little writing table in his room at the Friendly Arm Inn. He opened up his newly acquired book so that he could write. He had never written a journal before, but he figured now was as good a time as any to start.

Hello, Emmanuel, ...

Well... even he knew that was a cheesy way to start it. But he kept writing.

Today, I became High Druid of the Elder Circle. My sister, Sarisay, became Archdruid. I figured I may as well start this journal today. It's a good time, with the new beginnings and all.

Let's see... I've been on the coast for … three months now? So much has happened. I … well. I should have started this a long time ago. I've got so much to write. Things have changed. I've changed. Ashling has changed.

He sits in thought with a small smile on his face as he recalls so, so many things.

Well. I've started this now. I'll just write things as they come to mind, I guess. Can't promise myself they'll be in order. But at least I'm going to write them down, huh?

He glances over to the sleeping Ashling, and a smile crosses his features once again.

I know the perfect place to start. But it'll have to wait. I promised a ranger I'd come to bed.
Last edited by JustAnotherGuy on Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JustAnotherGuy

Winning a Kiss

"Oh, first fish of the day," Emmanuel said.

"Of course you'd get the first fish," Ashling said with a mock pout.

"First to ten wins?" Emmanuel said, looking over to her.

"Wins what?" She asks.

"A kiss," he replied. She couldn't be sure he was serious, but it appeared he was. Finally, she nodded to him. They continued to fish, and to her amazement, he pulled in two marlins back-to-back. Eventually, he had ten fish well before she did.

"I'll collect my prize later," he grinned at her.

They continued to fish for a while, trading idle talk. Finally, Emmanuel looked at her. He tried a bit of flirting, though it was obvious he was failing.

"I won so fast, I think I should get two kisses," he said.

"You can't change the reward after you won," she shook her head. "Besides, maybe I'm a terrible kisser."

He raised a brow at her. "I can't see that being true."

"Guess you'll find out later," she responded.

Later on, they returned to the hotel room that they were sharing. There was some awkwardness as they hid behind curtains to get dressed for bed, both in modest clothing. As Ashling was changing, Emmanuel struck up a conversation.

"Fishing was fun," he said.

"I had fun, regardless of being frustrated," Ashling responded.

"Good. Because I plan on going back often. And I hope you don't mind kissing me. Because I'm about to collect on that reward."

Ashling stepped out from behind the curtain a little shyly. She wasn't sure of what to say, so they ended up bantering a bit about bets and how to get better at fishing. Emmanuel finally admitted to Ashling that he hadn't had a lot of practice kissing, and so was nervous himself.

"All it takes to be a good kisser is desire," she said to him.

"I'd have to be a fool not to want to kiss you," he replied. "You're a beautiful woman. It just makes sense."

She looked to him for a long time, finally speaking. "I think you really mean that, and aren't just trying to get something from me."

He stepped close to her, placing his hands on her waist. "Is … this ok?"

She nodded and leaned in. … And he collected on his winnings of the day.
JustAnotherGuy

Dances with Wolves

"And one, two, three, Darhling" said Netanya. She was showing Emmanuel the basic steps of the waltz. "Forward with the left foot... now to the side... and then back..."

He was trying to follow. At first it was all awkward and new to him. But he was determined, and followed what Netanya showed him. He practiced the steps just as she directed. Eventually, they seemed a bit more natural to him.

"Splendid, darhling," she said. "And remember to keep your eyes locked on your partner's"

He didn't do so bad. After all, Sarisay had already said that all animals danced. And Netanya seemed to think that there was a dancer in everyone. So he tried to concentrate. . . . But as he looked into Netanya's eyes, he didn't see Netanya's eyes. He smiled a bit.

"See, Darhling," Netanya said. "You're taking joy in it, and that's what's important."

He didn't share his thoughts with her. But as he was learning to dance with Netanya, his mind went back a couple tenday. To the Halls of Inner Light. Where he had "danced" with Ashling. He knew they hadn't really danced. He had just held her and swayed. But the song Iris had sang stuck in his mind.

I remember that night,
just a lazy dream away.
On that night the air danced,
Across my skin, and the sound of the waves.

You saw me for the first time. The stars danced upon the sea.
Like a thousand candles, alight for just you and me!

It was too far now to turn back around.
And neither you nor I wanted to anyway!

We spoke. We both were scared of it those words.
Were the same in our hearts.
As the moon in silver light,
It did shine in our eyes so bright!

The stars danced upon the sea.
Like a thousand candles alight for just you and me.
It was too far now to turn back around
And neither you nor I wanted to anyhow!

As fates collide these star-lit eyes
They search out for you!
Where once there were tears, there are no more fears.
The time has come to face the truth.

A heart can hurt and it can dream, with you, no else it cannot seem,
So right, yet wrong, the kiss was home....

The words stopped in his memory. That line. "The kiss was home". … He smiled. Netanya thought he was smiling at the dance. That he was enjoying the lessons.

In truth, he did not hate them. But his smile was not for the lessons. It was for a dance he had shared. A kiss. The smile was for Ashling.

Though Netanya was his current dance partner, when he looked into her eyes, he saw Ashling. And he smiled.
JustAnotherGuy

A Very Special Surprise

He picked it up, having no clue how it worked. He'd found a book to help, though. He adjusted the pegs, plucking the strings and listening. Eventually, it was ready. He continued to read the book, practicing where to place his fingers to make the sounds he wanted.

He'd written a poem, but he had decided to surprise Ashling by learning to sing it. He knew he was not a talented singer. . . . But neither had he been a dancer before he took lessons.

He became frustrated with himself, and nearly gave up. But he was determined.

"Alright, this one is … this note. This one … ok. And if I play these together..." he strummed the strings a bit, and smiled. He was making progress with the lute. He then looked at his poem. "Ok... so... how do I make this sound good?"

He tried humming a tune, and figuring out which notes on the lute they were. Eventually, he came to something passable. He smiled to himself, she's going to love this....

---------------------------------

As the time grew nearer to reveal the surprise to Ashling, he began to get a bit nervous. He knew she wasn't going to expect this at all. But after all the work he put into it, he decided he wanted an audience. He was successful in keeping the surprise mostly secret. But he let slip to Ashling that he was going to give her the surprise at the Lewd Lyre, and that he wanted others there. She guessed it was a poem.

--------------------------------

The moment was fast approaching. He was sitting on the stage in the Lyre. He hid the lute behind a couch, and asked Joy to keep it secret. Once everyone was settled in, he stood on the platform.

"As some of you know, I have been working on my poetry lately," he stumbled over his words, obviously nervous. "We've had some dark times recently. And I wanted to write something about. I did... but that's not the surprise." He then went to the couch and pulled out the lute. "This is."

More nervous than before, he stepped back on the stage. "I wrote some words, and put them to music. The poem isn't the surprise... the fact that I've been practicing this thing is. So... here goes." He then began to sing the song.

When your world comes crashing 'round you, when your back's against the wall.
When it seems that you can not find a way out.
When all life hands you is sorrow, when the ocean is not calm.
When your smile has been turned into a frown.
When all you can see is trouble and there's fire ev'ry where,
And it seems no one will care enough to help you through your cares.
When the lightning crashes 'round you and the thunder roars real loud,
I can tell you this right now, my friend, that you don't have to bow!
Don't lose hope when all that you can see is darkness ev'ry where.
Don't lose hope; someone will come to you to shed light on your fears.
Don't lose hope 'cause bad things happen and they seem to get away.
Don't lose hope; we'll keep on going and we'll make a better place.
Don't lose hope!

People seemed to enjoy it, but he couldn't wait to get off the stage. Ashling gave him a hug. "Well done, Meine Htag!" She had said to him. It barely registered though as he put the lute on the couch. She gave him a hug, and then he finally said in low tones, "I have a couple others I've been practicing, but I'll show you later."

He then sat down with an ale, and enjoyed the rest of the night.
JustAnotherGuy

An Unknown Heritage

"I can't go very far without my acorn" Sarisay said. This caused everyone in the room to look at her oddly. She then looked up. "I need to protect my tree."

Natariel looked to Emmanuel. "Did you have mushrooms?" Emmanuel had some type of hollow tubes connected between his arm and Sarisay's arm. Natariel had told Emmanuel and Arturi that Sarisay needed blood; that the curse in her body was causing her to be unable to keep up. Emmanuel didn't understand all the medical stuff, but he knew that not having enough blood was bad.

Tests were done to see if Arturi's blood would match with Sarisay's. The test failed. So they tested Emmanuel's blood, and found it was a match. He happily said he'd give some to Sarisay. After all, he could use spells on himself to regenerate.

Preparations were made. Ashling was called to be there, too. Emmanuel laid in one bed, Sarisay in another. Both were poked with needles, and Emmanuel's blood started flowing into Sarisay. While she had the chance, Natariel bled Sarisay to get rid of some of her cursed blood. But then Sarisay began acting weird. She was definitely looking better. She then appeared to not recognize Arturi, and asked him to dance with her.

Suddenly, she snapped out of it, and didn't remember what was going on. She looked around, and obviously everyone was curious. Natariel didn't seem to believe that Emmanuel hadn't eaten mushrooms. He didn't give too much thought to it at the time, though, because he needed to eat after giving blood.

Later, he spoke to Natariel about the incident. Natariel cast a spell on Emmanuel, but all she could tell him was that his blood had some magic properties. She couldn't tell him any more than that. He then went to Candlekeep to see if he could learn more. He heard that Edelgarde had helped several others with similar issues. Fortunately, she was only too happy to help.

After he told her about Sarisay's weirdness, she sat him down. "I'm going to administer the ECHQ," she said to him. Of course that confused him, so she explained that it meant Edelgarde's Comprehensive Heritage Questionnaire. She started asking him questions, and he answered as truthfully as he could.

"Do you speak any languages that you did not learn?" she asked. He replied, "Sylvan. But I assumed that's because I am a druid."

"Have you have your magic from an early age?" "As long as I can remember."

"Does your hair change color with the seasons?" He blinks at that question. "Ah... yes... it gets darker in the colder months... but I just assumed that was because I was indoors more during that time."

She thought for a moment, then looked to him. "Well, this was pretty easy, actually. You have dryad in your heritage. And, judging by your answers, I'd say it's not too far back."

He sat back and thought for a while. Once he began running things through his mind, pieces began falling together. Situations, circumstances, … things began to start making sense. He felt he still had some questions and things to learn, but he had a big question answered for now, at least.
JustAnotherGuy

Healing a Dryad

Alokea was in trouble. He wasn't sure how he knew, he just did. He had to go help her.

Alokea was Emmanuel and Ashling's dryad friend. She lived deep in the Cloakwoods. She was the one he continued to contact for his monthly Song of Trees that Mielikki required of him. The first time he met her, he had fought Malarite Lycans for her, ending up with the scar he now bore on his left shoulder. The second time, Ashling had gone with him, and Alokea had asked Ashling many questions about how she felt becoming a ranger. Alokea also was Emmanuel's contact to get the dryad leaves for the cure for Sarisay.

But now, she was calling to him. She needed his help. He said goodbye to Ashling, giving her a brief explanation of "The forest needs my help". He gave her some news he had intended to deliver to the Elder Circle at their next meeting, in case he didn't make it back in time. Then he set out to find Alokea.

He was distraught at what he found. Alokea's tree had been chopped. It was still standing, but it was dying. This meant she was dying. She was lying on the ground, looking weak.

Emmanuel immediately rushed to her side and cradled her in his arms. "Who did this?" But Alokea was too weak to respond. Emmanuel looked around, his mind racing. His gaze set upon her tree. He knew it was only a matter of time before the tree withered, and with it, Alokea.

He gently laid her back on the ground, and stepped to her tree. He placed his hands on the tree, and began a prayer beseeching the Green Triad for help. After quite a while, the tree began to mend itself. He collapsed to the ground, exhausted. He may have slept, but he wasn't sure. He looked over to Alokea, and she seemed to be doing better. Her eyes opened and she spoke to him with a weak smile.

"Thank you, Emmanuel, for trying," she said. His brows furrowed.

"Trying?" he asked.

"It will not be enough," she responded. "The tree will mend in time... but I fear I will be gone before it can sustain me."

"What can I do to help?" he asked, finding the strength to sit up and look at her.

"There … may be one way … " she said weakly. " … if you were to loan me some of your life force … let me bind myself to you … "

"Can that be done?" he asked her.

"I believe so … in essence … you would become my tree for a time. Until my tree is once again strong enough to support me."

"Let's do it," he responded nearly immediately.

She then continued, "I must warn you, though … this may awaken some latent traits of your heritage … as well as weaken you for a bit."

He nodded to her. "Let's do it," he said again. She took ahold of his hand, and began chanting. Emmanuel could feel himself becoming slightly weaker, but he did not break the hold. After what felt like days to him, she was done. She sat up and smiled to him as he laid there and caught his breath.

"Thank you," she said to him.

He smiled back. "You're welcome." He stood up, and felt dizzy. He nearly fell over, but Alokea caught him. She sat him down against her tree and gave him some goodberries. He ate them hungrily, and they gave him the strength to stand. He said his goodbyes to Alokea, and headed home.

He pulled out his contact medallion, and sent a message to Ashling. "I'm on my way home. I'm a bit weak, but unharmed. I'll explain later." He then kept moving. He couldn't see himself... so he didn't know that his sandy blonde hair had turned to a blonde-green....
JustAnotherGuy

Re: The Wolf of the Green Enclave

22 Alturiak 1357

Gods . . . I'd forgotten about this thing. It's been ... 6 moons? 7 since I've written in it? ... so much has happened recently... so much to catch up on.

My friends all around me are hurting. Oth is dealing with so much. His father, pocket balors, nearly getting his arm severed. Carah is having her nightmares, balors destroying the bar she manages, her personal issues going on. Ashling . . . my beloved. I tease her about her ill-fortune, but it's only to keep her mind light. I had to break her collarbone to heal it after it set wrong. That night, she learns that Jarlaxle himself wants something from her. Next day a balor impales her upon his blade. . .

And here I sit. Undamaged. Unharmed. . . . but why do I feel so broken?

Carah has told me I should not feel as if I've failed my friends. Both she and Ashling have told me that none of this was my fault, despite me being the one to give Oth a shard, despite carrying around shards, despite asking Ashling to shield me from the hail so I could commune, despite. . .

Admittedly, Ashling's words to me were a bit softer than Carah's. But Carah was right. I do have a way of ... internalizing things. I try not to show anger, sadness, ... fear. ... and so it stays inside of me.

Iolanna told me she was proud of me. That was a bright spot in a dreary time. She told me that she took a chance in standing aside and letting me become the Archdruid, and that she was glad that gamble paid off. That was reassuring. I look to her often for her wisdom, and to hear one such as her say this, made me glad.

. . . sometimes I wish I could be more like the Druid of the Wolf. So stoic. Nothing gets to him. He takes everything in stride. Everything is connected and in his care, yet the balance has made him free himself from personal attachments. . . No. This thought is silly. I act because I care. Though caring can lead to pain, if the absence of pain means the absence of love, I would not trade it.

At least I am not alone in this fight. Though I may feel like it some times, if I have those thoughts it is because of my own doing. I have my pack. Both literal and figuratively. I must remember the law of the forest. "For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack." They are my strength, as I am theirs.
JustAnotherGuy

1 Ches 1357

Been a crazy tenday. I'm not even sure where to start. Carah was taken by the balors through a portal. Then sent back. She was different when she came back. Rhaeg, being the fool he has been for a while, went on and on and on about how Morgan had possessed Carah. This, while not the only factor, contributed to Carah walking off and staying away from all of us for several days.

Rhaeg . . . I do wish he could see the harm he is doing. He did end up apologizing to Oth. But the apology wasn't even directed at Oth. He apologized for nothing he's put Oth through, but rather apologized for what he had said about Carah. Rhaeg said he's planning on leaving the coast. I hope it does him good, and I for one will rest easier when he's gone. Rhaeg, like so many, it seems, is so focused on Carah that he's missing the big picture. Evidently he chastised Ashling for my decision not to let him know about the trip to save SturdyOak. I had a hard enough time with Emrys there, his narrow focus only on Carah. Imagine if Rhaeg and his uncontrollable anger had been there, too. I nearly didn't even take Emrys, because I knew his focus would be so narrow. But I believe he had a right to come.

I understand their focus. Carah is a beloved friend. But no one. Not Carah, not myself, not Oth, . . . not even Ashling; none of us are so important as to sacrifice hundreds or possibly thousands of people, miles and miles of forest, and at least one city for. Especially now that we believe there is a peaceful way out of it. Carah does not want to make any more "bargains". I am trying to impress upon her the high cost if we make war, instead of bargaining. Simply put, SturdyOak said if we make war . . . we all die.

After Carah's reappearance, Oth and I assumed that something had happened to her patron, SturdyOak. We were nearly correct in our assumptions, but we were off a bit. I did a communion at the shrine of Mielikki, and had an intense vision. I saw the lands on fire. I then saw, and felt SturdyOak on fire, in the High Forest. So, I took a few trusted people there to help. Ashling, Emrys, and Azariah.

We were able to save him, though I got a scar in the process. Ashling says it's sexy. I tried to hide it a bit at first. But Ashling called me out on my hypocrisy. I've told both her and Carah that they should feel no need to hide their scars. And yet there I was, hiding mine.

We learned quite a bit from SturdyOak. About Carah's situation. About the situation on the coast. Emrys' single minded focus nearly cost us dearly, demanding answers of a dying ancient fey, rather than allowing him to be healed first and speaking. But it worked out in the end.

We were finally able to speak to Carah last night. And we discovered that she had been under the impression that SturdyOak had abandoned her. I do believe we made great strides in reaching her last night, and getting her to accept our help. I don't think she is going to continue to push us away as she has.

Oth. Poor guy. Of all of us, he's likely suffering the most. But no one seems to notice as much, because everyone is focused on Carah. While everyone has things going on, they all seem to converge on him, plus his own personal issues. I used a sleeping spell on him last eve, as taught to me by Iolanna. I hope that actually getting some rest will help him.

Carah. Emrys. Oth. Ashling. Everyone has something going on right now. Even Teris will have a part to play soon. I will be there for all of them if I can. I can only hope that they understand if I can't.
JustAnotherGuy

7 Ches 1357

Another crazy few days. As usual, I don't know where to even start. We've learned a lot more about Carah, and where she stands with Orcus.

Oth has been healed, which is good. Alongside Mary, the Paladin. Iolanna, Ashenie, and Alyssia played huge parts in that. I am glad Ashling declined to be healed though. Alyssia had to kiss the wounds over and over. ... and I don't fancy Alyssia's face between Ashling's breasts. Neither does Ashling. I heard that the ritual took a lot out of Alyssia and Ashenie both, though. Maybe even to the point of physically wounding them. I'm left to wonder. . . how is that different than blood magic? Wounding yourself to power a ritual, or spell. That's the essence of blood magic. Sure, it can be used for horrible things. But as I've said to some before, I can't imagine dying from blood bursting from your body being much worse than burning alive, your skin melting due to acid, or your eyeballs bursting from lightning.

It seems I must now go talk to the White Dragon on Speartop. The scrying performed during the ritual showed two balors, Gargantix and Lythira, fighting. The white dragon got involved and was killed. Garganix then made a deal with Lythira. He gets her blade, and she gets to consume the white dragon's power. This is to happen in six days. I am hoping that I can convince the white dragon to fight alongside of us. We could rid the plane of two balors and get the blade we need, all in one swoop.

I had to heal Carah's neck the other day. To hear Emrys tell the tale, Carah and Rhaeg got into it. He ran his mouth enough to push her to fling some magic at him, and then he grabbed her by the throat. He nearly killed her. A bit more squeeze and she'd have been dead. As it is, seems she nearly killed him. And would have, had others not intervened. I feel no sorrow for him. The man hates himself, and wants the one thing he cannot have. And so he makes everyone else around him misterable.

Seems Taka now wants me dead, too. And supposedly has 13 others who feel the same. The reason I was given is absolutely absurd. Because I use fire. He obviously knows absolutely nothing about me. Any fire I use, whether to cook, or in combat, or for warmth; it's always prayed over with the dread prayer of Mielikki to keep it from spreading where I don't want it. I think it's more likely that Taka wishes to make a move against me for some reason, and is grasping at silly straws to justify his actions to others. Emrys asked if Taka could likely be vying for my position as Archdruid. I told him no. I didn't explain it all, but of course Taka could never declare a challenge against me that I'm obligated to accept. He'd have to do so at one of our moots for it to be a recognized challenge. And he'll never be at one. Any move he would make against me would be unsanctioned.

I brought a core group together to discuss my plan to speak to the dragon. And even with this looming threat over us, there was still arguing and bickering. And not even about the plan. They all agreed to my plan. But this is growing tiresome. I'm trying to keep us together in this. But it's getting harder to do so. I'm nearly at the point where I'm about to throw my hands in the air and just try and solve this all on my own, without their input. I hope it doesn't come to that, though. Because I can't do it without them.
JustAnotherGuy

10 Ches 1357

I can't get the image out of my mind. Maybe putting it to paper will help.

*several doodly lines that do not form a picture, as if he's thinking about what to write*

Teeth. Long as my arm. . . . in my face as the creature roared.

*he touches his face, feeling the now scarred gash over his left eye*

The claw . . . as big as me, . . . moving to my face . . . like it was in slow motion. . . . I can still feel it . . . hear the skin tearing . . . though I dared not heal myself yet.

*he takes a long breath, stilling his breathing*

We did it. I have to keep telling myself that. We got Icehaup's word that he will help us fight the balors. The price is steep. But we can afford it. Oth has already given me the twenty diamonds the dragon requires. . . . the rest we can handle. I have given my word as Archdruid to the dragon, and I will not go back on it.

I've heard that there are people complaining that no one is doing anything. Let's see how they would handle getting tossed around by a dragon. . . . No. Can't keep thoughts like that in my head. I must remain calm, doing what I can, where I can. Already Oth and Carah are at each other's throats. I cannot contribute to any complaints and unrest. I need to hold myself together so that I can hold others together.

I've spoken to Ashling about who to bring to the fight in four days. I think I will ask Carah to sit this one out. She has more to lose from this than to gain personally. I will ask Oth to come. Iolanna. Natariel if she will. Nathan. I will likely speak to the Radiant Heart. I must make it clear that no matter who we bring along, we are the ones who receive the sword. I cannot let others take it for fear of not getting it back.

I am working with Natariel on a way to purify the blade. I have Iolanna's notes, so these will be of great help. My plan is to create a temporary sacred location for the ritual. Then try to weaken the link between the blade and the Abyss. Then Natariel will use arcane magics to remove the curse from the blade as it is weakened.

After speaking with Iolanna, we may have had a breakthrough. When Ashenie purified the blade, it seems she took the curse upon herself, causing her spiritual and physical exhaustion, which will heal over time. Whereas, we druids would seek to naturalize the blade. The blade's presence and curse in our plane upsets the balance. We would seek to restore that balance.
JustAnotherGuy

22 Ches 1357

Today is the day we celebrate one year. One year ago today we stood upon the cliffs overlooking Ulgoth's, and made official what we already knew. That night, under the stars, we spoke our love for one another and made our vows. Hopefully, the poem that I have written for Ashling will be enough of a gift. For her, that is. It is not enough for me. Nothing I can do for her is ever enough; she deserves so much more.

*He takes a few moments to ponder the last few days*

We have the blade. It is safe. It was not easy, but we did it. I have a burn from carrying it so long, and even falling to the undead while I was carrying it. It does not come close to comparing to what others feel, though. The ones who were wounded by it. But soon all will be restored to balance. I am sure of it. The gemstones have been imbued on the day of the equinox. And I am confident in the ritual Iolanna, Natariel, and myself have come up with. Soon, those wounded by this blade will no longer feel the burn of the Abyss.

Kelian... the more that man opens his mouth, the less respect I have for him. He demanded to know why he "risked the blood of his people" to help. As if coming to cleanse undead who were attacking wasn't enough. He even went so far as to imply that we were the reason the undead were there. Idiot. I ended up telling him that we procured the correct balor blade, and that we were responding to the undead as seen in a vision; that we didn't cause them. I'm guessing he's too dense to have understood that, though, because of his responses. He's afraid his people will no longer follow him. Then he's not leading. He's just on a walk with friends. Iolanna seems to hold out more hope for him than I do.

Our equinox celebrations went well. We had an amazing turnout to the shrine. Some of my wolves showed up, as did the Sirene Oak Daughter and a pixie. It was nice to see Oak Daughter there. There were songs and celebrations, lots of food and drink, and quite a few people showed up. All in all it was a success. Mielikki also made her presence known through some signs.

Then Iolanna and I imbued the gemstones for the ritual. It seems to have worked nicely. It felt good to be a part of druidic rituals where I wasn't the only druid present. Still. . . I do wish there were more of us around. It's hard to have a proper circle with just two.

I had said that I wasn't going to be involved in the Balor summonings to destroy runestones. I tried to stand by that. But when Willowhart the treant came to me and spoke of the corruption on the island off of Ulgoth's Beard, I had to do something. Turns out the Radiant Heart hadn't cleaned up their mess, and it was left to us. They had left three balor bodies on the island; their blood soaking into the water and earth. I knew summoning them was a bad idea, but then to just leave them to taint the land?

I am finding that the circle of people that I can trust is growing smaller and smaller. People don't seem to care who they hurt or what happens, as long as they get to be the hero, and have some grand adventure. Those supposed to be knights seem to care only about personal glory. And those who are supposed to be friends can't get past their own discomforts to look upon the bigger picture, and end up putting people in danger.

Something weird is going on with me, though. It's ... a pulling. Not like the pull of the wolf. I've felt it before, back when Alokea needed my help. And I felt it strongly as the Equinox and the New Moon closely correlated. It's a song. The pull of the music ... of the dance. The dance of the ... no. That can't be right. Still, I'll need to monitor myself. There's too much going on right now for me to have issues. It'll have to wait.
JustAnotherGuy

30 Ches 1357

It's done. We did it. The blade has been cleansed, and all those wounded by it healed. It now rests in a safe place where it's very unlikely to ever get stolen. And if it did. . . it's just a mundane blade now.

Ashling is in high spirits, understandably. It's good to see her without pain; though she still has the habit of rubbing her sternum where the wound was. She'll eventually get over that, though, I believe.

Things are starting to look up. I'm actually feeling a bit optimistic. It's hard not to with the recent successes, and how amazing this spring is turning out. It's gotten me feeling pretty good. So good, in fact, that I ended up performing some music in Baldur's Gate. Three songs, in fact.

Now I am looking towards what we need to do next about Orcus. . . . And I am coming up empty. Carah is working on a couple angles, but those do not really involve me. I have given Ashling charge of the investigation into the Aboleth. It is only right, as she has independently found out more information than I have; and I believe that I can trust her to do what is right, figure out what needs to be done, and then come up with a plan.

I could start looking into Polvich. But right now there is so much information and disinformation out there, it's hard to separate fact from fiction. And that playing field is already filled to the brim with so called "heroes". Their egos have filled the air with "only I can save us". So... I'll let them try. But with Ashling focused on the aboleth, not knowing what to do next with Orcus, and basically unable to help with Polvich . . . I do have a sort of reprieve. I can focus on myself for a while.

Perhaps I'll go dancing again. I've enjoyed it more lately.