the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time,
enjoying one moment at a time;
accepting hardship as a pathway to peace;
taking, as Ilmater does,
this sinful world as it is,
not as I would have it;
trusting that You will bless the sword of my spirit.
Until I die serving You.
yyj

Re: A collection of prayers and thoughts.

Unread post by yyj »

"What started as a simple assignment from the church of Ilmater, ended up being something that escapes my grasp of reality."

"Who are you? Is it you?"

"Nice! You brought me more friends to play with!"

"We made it out somehow, but we knew it wasn't over."

"And indeed it wasn't, because it came for me."

"But faith sometimes can move mountains, in this case, it became one, and saved me."

"I saw a windmill."
"So let's find it."

"We did."

"What is this new horror?"

"YOU ARE NOT BETTY! YOU ARE NOT ME!"

"How do we get out of here?"

"No idea, but we did. But the Seer remains behind."

"And then, Tarina left."

"The only thing I am certain of, is that this just made my faith stronger."

Now we have so save our friends!
yyj

Unread post by yyj »

Am I doing the right thing?

Mercy, and heal, no matter who they are or what they have done.

Would I go all the way?

Only for one who accepts the help.

Help those I love, that I call friends.

Then, I see evil everywhere, I see evil acts embellished by words and politics, twisted and turned into statues of angels that hold worms inside.

I am a sinner and my hands are bloodied, so much blood on my hands, an Oath, of non violence. I broke it.

Then, I face evil, plain and simple evil, death.

And I wonder.

"You live in the biggest library Edelgarde, you will figure it out."

This demon sounds just like the rest of the Coast, "You must know everything since you live in Candlekeep, Isabella." is what I see over and over again.

Please Ilmater, protect us.
I know I have your guidance, because you made my heart like this, because you have given me love, because you have protected me, because you are my savior and my reason to live, is just so I can be a living manifestation of your Will and Might.

This path you have given me, I have decided, that if I am to serve you, I cannot carry this sword and insignia anymore.
No longer Order of the Golden Cup, but somehow, I feel that has made me closer to Ilmater, rather than farther away. I have done my service for the Order, I am no longer in Cormyr, it's time to take the next step, the next Chapter in my life.

Orders come and go but the paladin mantle is mine until death.

And I never thought I would see a Mist Dragon in my life. Didn't even knew those were a thing, I thought those were Water Dragons.

yyj

Promises

Unread post by yyj »

It's a bone chilling thought that rests on my mind, and so little comfort in words that should bring it.
Some things are not on their place, where they should be, people as well are far when they shouldn't. Marleq found herself once again dealt a bad hand by life and this dreaded feeling that something bad happened to him, or that we are late is enough to bring me to freeze and turn me on my kneels and say that I failed Marleq and Ilmater at the same time.

My shoulders remain heavy with every step I take towards the enemy, which remains in the northern side, an evil with many faces, trolls, undead and others.
The heaviness of these shoulders is that thought, that no matter the victory we have in battle, he will still be lost, away and unsafe.
I have to take these heavy shoulders, to the gates of hell if necessary, to bring him back.

To keep the promise that was made I have to work with others that don't share my faith my coders or my oaths, this can be a difficult task at times.
Finding intelligence and diplomacy to perform this smoothly is crucial to our success. The mission shouldn't be compromised by anything and results must be perfect first try, there's no space for error.

yyj

Unread post by yyj »

She woke up at the temple before the sun was up on her makeshift bed, which had a pillow in the form of a bunny, a gift from Lucia, that she always kept with her alongside the many other gifts she had given them, she hugged the pillow before standing up, she had some trouble sleeping, looking at the ceiling of the room, thinking that i's always best to remain alert in case someone needs help in the middle of the night. The first thing she did after taking a bath and eating half of a basket of Edelgarde's Breakfast for Hard Days, she donned her armor, her cloak, took her shield and her backpack.

She spoke to Father Marcus as soon as he saw him in the chapel after the sun rose.

"I will attempt another exorcism, Father Marcus."
They spoke at length, Father Marcus has already seen Melissar attempt another exorcism before. (DM Bloodvine)

She spoke with Atria, Adrian and Ashenie for a bit on that morning, defending Mercy, even for the most evil ones.

After the talk, she headed outside , taking a deep breath, she headed towards the orphanage right around the corner, she looked at the building with sadness, memories of Marleq on her mind, she felt shame and failure.

"I think the Baldur's Gate laws are too harsh Sir Sean, I want to change them, no one stands up for the prisoner, I want to stand up for them." She remembered the talk she had with Sir Sean, about the Flaming Fist soldiers.
"I think all men and women have a choice."

She stood by the corner for a moment, looking as if she was hoping to spot someone, memories coming to her mind.

"Ilmater gave us strong shoulders." She smiled lightly and continued walking.

After that, she passed through the temple of Tyr, she went inside and sat in the same place where she had just spoken to Tarina.

"Then you need to walk a path of forgiveness and atonement Tarina, and I am willing to do it with you." Her own words crossed her mind.

"What is my best self?" She heard the words in the voice of Tarina.
"Like yourself when you were willing to die to save Linetheil."

She saw herself in Tarina, but she would never admit to it to anyone.

Tarina had earned her respect from that day, no matter what others had to say, even Tarina herself, could never change Melissar's mind.

She wanted to have a nice day, because she had to do an exorcism, she had already tried an exorcism before, she had confidence in her, but still wanted to spend more time with Lucia, a feeling on impending doom, that she had been feeling for a long time, only the person she trusted the most ever heard about it before.
She remembered the conversation she had with Lucia a month ago.
"Lucy, promise me, that you will always be strong, no matter what happens to me."
"You know that my duty is with Ilmater first, I love you, this is why I tell you this, one day I may die, performing my duty."
"I promise you I will try to always return to you Lucy."

She wrote a letter for Sir Althalous Fenwick, delivering good news, smiling and with new found energy , the last letter she would ever send to him.

She started to think about her plans, she knew she would need a new dress for Netanya's party, and was eager to have a tea party with Nathan, Edelgarde and Lucia. "Maybe I can buy a formal dress to wear to both events." She thought to herself. "Hm I already have a dress, I have to be frugal." Trying to get distracted. "Maybe we could have the tea party at the Darius Estate, that way we can be close if the wolfweres attack."

"Maybe if me, Pyotr and Sirion succeed on our mission, common sense will return to the Sword Coast." She smiled as she remembered Pyotr words.

She knew that she was going to face a strong evil, maybe the strongest she had ever faced before, Drego had warned him, but she knew she had to fulfill her duty.

She finished eating some leftovers of her wyvern and rice filet, made by Sayushi.

She believed in herself, that in her person, there was still that flame, that she had the strength and courage to face this monster and triumph where many others failed.

"Dendar." She remembered Lucia's words. "Dendar, the night serpent." She thought over and over.

"Sister Ashenie of St. Jasper of The Rocks." "My new friend", she thought, "we will do so much good together...Ilmater truly has blessed me."

Nice songs by the campfire...Just before the deed.

They performed their pilgrimage, visiting the Temples of the Triad, Ilmater Torm and Tyr, making offerings, on each temple and praying to each one of them to help them and bless them against this evil, to save Tarina.

She managed a smile, she had a good feeling about this, the same one she had so many times before, her gut had never failed her, she had no reason to believe she would fail.

A few sendings from a friendly voice...From the Underdark.
"I have experience doing exorcisms, I will be fine, don't worry about me I will be fine." She whispered to her contact medallion to respond.

And yet, she did.

She closed her eyes and had a vision.

A very brief one.

She felt impending doom, but she charged onward.

In the room there was Father Marcus, Sir Sean, Sir Hymly, Nathan Goldenmane, Sister Ashenie, Tarina and Melissar.
She had been practicing for a long time, she had the prayers memorized.

The exorcism went slowly, her righteous prayers, invoking the holy magics.

"Dendar! The Holy Triad commands you! Back to the shadows where you came from! Back to the void, beast!"

Sir Hymly was playing an heroic tune, Melissar felt inspired by it, trying to focus on the melody.

But she summoned the darkness instead...Her companions did their best to not allow the darkness prevail...

...Then, after the darkness, only Tarina remained, Melissar nowhere to be found.

The next morning, the paladin known as Khalso El Tamir headed to Candlekeep to deliver Melissar's possesions to Lucia, all inside a bag on top of Melissar's Horse, Spirit, and her last will. He paid his respects to her and left to return to the temple of Ilmater.

Return to “Character Biographies and Journals”