Kamine Waynn's Journal

Character Biographies, Journals, and Stories

Moderators: Moderator, DM

GaretAthran

10 Flamerule 1357

Unread post by GaretAthran »

10 Flamerule 1357

I am writing this entry from the road as I make my way back to Cormyr with much happier reason than my last visit: my eldest sister Morelynn has had another child--a little girl she has named Edina after our mother. I can't begin to express the joy I feel knowing that I'll have a new niece to dote on whenever I find myself back home.

I plan to return the Sword Coast in due time, but I felt deep down that I needed to be there for my new niece and my sister. It was a feeling that I have come to associate with the will of something much greater than I, though whether or not it is my Lady's guidance or something else, I cannot say.

So far the road has been easy, and growing more so as I approach the border of Cormyr. I have attached myself to a small caravan for the journey, for the company more so than the safety of numbers. A few immigrants heading to the Forest Kingdom and more than a fair share of merchants bringing goods inland.

Every step only makes me more and more eager to meet the newest member of my family.

OOC
Hidden: show
I'll be on a hiatus for a short time for various reasons, but I'll continue to update Kamine's journal. See you all when I get back.
Kamine Waynn
~
Paladin of the Red Knight
GaretAthran

Re: Kamine Waynn's Journal

17 Flamerule 1357

She's absolutely beautiful.

When I arrived this morning at my sister's home I didn’t fully expect to find, but when I saw little Edina for the first time it was so obvious. Bright red wisps of hair and eyes like polished copper. Hair and eyes just like mine, and I can only imagine like the source of the celestial blood in our veins. And it hit me from whence the feeling in my gut arose.

I don't know how much longer I'll stay, but I know that my fate is now bound up with my little niece by blood and by providence of a higher power. I'll be sure to return often if I do leave, though I have my doubts on that matter. Cormyr has always bern home, and now that I have yet another bond forged here I find it hard to imagine leaving for so long.

Time will tell, but for now as I write this, I cannot help but smile at the child swaddled in my sister's arms.
Kamine Waynn
~
GaretAthran

24 Flamerule 1357

What is best in life?

That question was asked of me a few nights ago by a member of my brother-in-laws family, an old, grizzled veteran of the Dragons and an devoted follower of the Lord of Battles. He asked this of me after a night of celebration and feasting, when the night had wound down and it was just the two of us around the fire.

I answered him with family, loved ones and friends.

At this he shouted so loud I thought he might wake the others all the way back at the house.

"No! We are champions of Battle! Servants of the War God--Even Your Red Knight! And he tells us well what beats in the hearts of warriors. He tells us what is best!"

I asked him what he meant.

"Crush you enemies!
See them driven before you!
Hear the lamentation of their women!
This is what is best. This is the life of Tempus and all his servants, even the Crimson General, and it be best you remember it, girl."

Part of me resents the truth of his words. The truth that despite despite my vow as a paladin, there is still an aspect of my duty to the Red Knight that calls me to pursue victory. To crush my enemies. To see them driven before me. And I must do this on and off the field of battle--life is battle. And I must treat it as such.
Kamine Waynn
~
GaretAthran

26 Flamerule 1357

I've made my decision. As much as I want to stay with my fanily, there is no doubt that the Sword Coast is where my duty currently lies. No matter the obstacles in my way. There are words from a paladin of Torm that I have found in my time at Candlekeep that has been coming back to my mind of late.

The path of the righteous is beset on all sides
By the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil
Blessed are they who, in the name of charity and good will
Shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness
For they are truly their brother's keeper and the finder of lost children
And I will strike down upon thee
With great vengeance and furious anger
Those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

These are the words I will keep in my heart as I return to the Sword Coast.
Kamine Waynn
~
GaretAthran

The pages of the journal are stained with blood. There are no further entries.
Kamine Waynn
~

Return to “Character Biographies and Journals”