Kelian Hannen : New Dawn

Character Biographies, Journals, and Stories

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Ailander

Re: Kelian Hannen : New Dawn

Unread post by Ailander »

Hidden: show
*waken up before anyone else, observe the night sky from inside the keep slowly turning brighter while closes his eyes and reminds all that happened untill then a bit of painful expression while remembers some words of who he still holds dear*

you ruined everythingI don't care Kelian
You are destined to fail...you lied to us... Too little, too late
you are an arrogant bastard who betrayed me!

*remembering then what Gwyn said yesterday observe the group gathered near the Inn with a soft smile and takes a deep breath, more better memories rushing to his mind*

..like them, you shine a light for both your predators and the other denizens of the ocean.. ..i will not let you fall.. ..knock it off already, he is a Morninglord, would never do those things.. ..i was wondering why you do that, now i know.....y-you have a kind s-soul....your presence bringed a change for the good, i know it....that's because you are a hero, that you like it or not... ..i don't know how you do this Kel... ...is an ungrateful job, noone thanks you and everyone complains.. ..i see you able to unite people against this.. ..is what makes you so endearing, and so infuriating... ..you are doing good, darhling.....i believe in you... ..as they changed their minds, they can do it again. Little by little....i am trusting you with my life.. ..the first time we spoke about you, he said has faith in you....don't let those bad spirits eat you alive... ..he is a trustful one.....because you showed me who you are

*opens his eyes with gwyns final words in his head*

..do not have doubts Kelian

*then begins to write on his journal once more*

"24 Tarkash 1357

So..here we are....cannot deny that sometimes, memories still hurts...but have to leave them behind, for this moment. This is the moment of truth. We found a lead on where one of the artifacts seeked by Polvich is..with location and who is guarding it. The enemy is very likely already there and with the news arrived from the north, probably also Orcus will try to stop us...but we are prepared.Gathered a warparty, spended the last tendays in training all togheter,studying tactical movements and strategies to use, gathered forces and elements from all around the coast, from the Kraak untill Beregost. People with different ideologies and believes are going to unite in few hours in this hall and we will march togheters towards the lair of the dragon holding the relic...some told me that i should be proud, but i am honestly more scared than that.

They will have doubts about me, i am not naive since even now i have a couple about some of those that will come along, but i will have to show them that their faith is not put in the wrong hands. That all the hard work of these weeks will be rewarded for them too.I fear also everyone will not show up, i know that there will be issues and problems for some too afterall...but i learned to prepare for that as well. These days have been extremely tiring but...we have only to focus on the victory now. So long that everyone morale is good about that, it will be fine, no matter what will come.

I don't know about pride, but i feel at peace now. If i fall, i know i will have done my best till the last and showed them that "it is possible" to keep people united, even those that don't like eachother very much, that with tollerance and understanding, things can change for the better.Is better if i go now, have to prepare the last supplies before the long journey."
Ailander

*observing the city from outside the window of his room, loses himself a bit in ponder on what happened in those days,everything seemed so unreal and weird in so many different ways.Massaging his eyes and sighing deeply turns away to look at the bed in his room, that day he didn't go out much...he needed to rest after so much happened.Tempted to go into bed once more his gaze glance a moment to the journal sprouting out of the backpack.Decide to take it and open, starting writing again*

"27 Tarkash 1357

Have been such long days that i almost forgot of the one thing that more or less helped me keep my sanity and anger in check...so, for start, the expedition went well. Over the well, actually, even in my wildest dreams i did not expect such an outcome.The travel was smooth, we stopped at a town to get supplies and replenish strength, learned of an order of knights after the dragon so we had to make haste to try and help them, but when we arrived we found a carnage...i thought we were too late when Valduil and Netanya spotted the black dragon up one of the pillars. It was strange he just stared from where we came through, without moving, without flinching...then i remembered that tribes of men and creatures of many kind, go to the pillars to speak to each other from one end to another, is an ancient tradition and..surprisingly, the dragon upholded it.

It explained that he was not responsable for the massacre of the knights, a fiend did that and he pretended to know why...it was arrogant and i was wary, but following the suggestion of my companions we managed to reach an agreement. He was not keen to face us for what he believed to be a useless bubble, so proposed a deal: my weapon for the relic. Fair deal, if someone ask me, if a weapon helps to protect and avoid bloodshed, it did its job till the end for me.That also proved one of my worst fears but that is something i will have to discuss with the right people about that.

With the help of Ed and the avowed, we found out that the relic has some sort of hidden power...i do not really understand how the dragon did not perceive it, but maybe it didn't put much attention on it...honestly that encounter left only more questions than answers but one thing at a time.As promised to Isabella, i moved the relic elsewhere, in a secret place guarded from anything...sometimes i will go there, to check on it and preparing for the rituals to understand more of why the Lich and Orcus are after these items...but this is nonetheless a victory. Could go after the other relics ,but i made a promise to Alyssia first and will try ,for now, my focus has been entirely on-"

*tilts his head a bit at that and looks down a moment before going back to write*

"..no, not entirely. Since i came back here i managed to get a bit closer to the Halls again...is too soon to talk of forgiveness from their side and, honestly, that they realize or not, even for me it will take a while to trust them completely again after all i've been through...but we made another step.My anger is almost completely gone, togheter with the pain...some still linger but, from here on out, it will depends from how we will behave with eachother and what fate will bring again.I feel less uncomfortable in staying at the Heartfire now, and even alone i feel like enter in the Halls without stress or fear, for most part of it.I would like to enjoy this day of rest but soon will have to go out...there are other expeditions to plan and also the birthday party for Nalissa.I have to get a nice present...will have to ask advices on this thought, i am really poor in these kind of things.

Maybe will do a visit to Candlekeep...i went away only since two days but i already miss them,and to quote a bunny sage they are "only a poof away" afterall.On the way should try and see if Ronja and Talio are back from their trip, he litteraly runned away when we came back to reach for her...they are really a nice couple, wish the best for them.Should also try to reach for miss Netanya and try to help out with her issue,but i don't really know what to do if the other part doesn't wish to speak...will have to ask advices on Alyssia on this.Well, for now, i will rest a bit more while i can...there will be much more coming.."

*looks a bit surprised on how much he wrote down and tilts a bit his head, smiling faintly, then closes his journal and goes back to rest*
Ailander

Hidden: show
*after leaving Vyrlin and saying to Sinoc that he wanted to be left alone for a bit, he sits in front of the fireplace, taking his journal to write again*

"30 Tarsakh 1357

Well, can't say i wasn't prepared for this. Also Lucia confirmed it, would had been hard, but i..we are moving forward, if nothing else.Thanks to Alyssia and Leni efforts, i am not in pain anymore when i am in the Halls or near them, managed also to talk properly with Lily. when people speaks of her or i meet her i feel more serene and she seems like that too...but it will require times and is still possible that things will never go back as they used to be.Still, last time i went into the Halls i was about to ask for Alyssia when i got lost in thoughts on about researching few items for the ritual...when i realised where i was, the warmth of the Heartfire was what i have seen.

Didn't really realise at first why i was there, Alyssia...was not really upset but was concerned that i did something like that...worried that i walk in places without realise is something not to do in these times, and she is right.Yet, i spoke with Gwyn yesterday evening...she had troubles, i let her vent out and gave her a couple of advices. I just wanted to be sure that she would not do my same mistake, but is unlikely it will happen since she has the bun sage that sooths her pain, i am sure they will make peace.Speaking with her, i realised why i wandered into the Heartfire like that...why i still wish to protect them, even if i felt deeply hurted and have difficulties in trusting them again.I still feel that like is my home, my family.Probably should talk of this about with someone, but for now is better no.There are still infiltrators and spies in town, and from what i heard there are already gossips and rumors about me entering the Halls again...

Speaking of that, as always, new rumors reached my ears of my "evil deeds". Seems i am exploiting sister Ashenie kindness and forced her into a penance for my sake.I have some ideas of who started it and...this is wicked. I do not really care about what they say of me, i am got used to these false rumors and my friends knows the person i am. When some of them heard this they were angried towards those that put it into motion, saying that were hypocrites and disrespectful towards Ashenie choices.Honestly i don't disagree on that, i learned to respect her choices in faith and i know that whatever i say would not change her mind on these...yet i reached her, asking if was true.She said that i was part of the reason, but not entirely, and..it did heavy a bit on me.

I am not mad, nor sad..i have no more doubts and i know that those that spread these rumors are doing so only out of concern for Ashenie, i don't have it on them....I'd just wish they realise that doing things like this, are not only pushing me even far away but they are angering those that help me out,spreading even more discord and hate...some even suggested to fight back with spreading rumors about them. I refused, told them no. I mean, i am hurted by Alexander deciding to pull back, but even that..is his choice and i can only hope the best on his purpouse in life, but fighting fire with fire is wrong. I said it to Akasha, i said it to Salim,i said it to Wyrg: i will not start going back on those words.

He asked me to stop moving onto this path,Alexander, but i can't do it. I already tried that and didn't work, the gods and the enemy won't let me be...i don't know if the prophecy is true or not, but as a man of faith i cannot refuse this call. One thing thought i can do, of what he asked, bring a change..i am not sure if he wishes to speak with me again, but i will try to make him witness that.This divide cannot persist, otherwise Orcus and Polvich will win in the end.
Oh right, another faction reached out to me...again out of divine guidance i think, since they were there to look for the avowed and i was about to leave when they arrrived: the Everwatch.They were looking for updates on the case and i knew Sinoc was a trustworthy knight, we fought togheter several times...we did our best, Gwyn and i, to update them on the case and several congectures that we came upon..as always i have some doubts on few of them, looks a bit too complicated to be true, but she is not wrong, is always better to contemplate all cases.

In the end, commander Wai Li offered the aid of the Everwatch and Sinoc is now my bodyguard. Some of them moved into the Gate and would help out defend the town and stand ready on the next expeditions.I feel better knowing that there will be more defenders here and i am sure Alyssia would be glad to hear this too...i will go to visit them later, but for now i need a bit of rest. After all these research i found a way to unlock this relic and now have to work on the divination ritual...i will have to ask Netanya also about the expeditions and if i can let her organise the rest of them needed. Now that i have persons i can trust and relay all this work onto, i can catch a bit of breath once in a while"

*looks with a smile again on how much he wrote and closes then his journal noticing that there are few pages left* "hm..I will have to change this book soon"