A Hin's Mental Bin

Character Biographies, Journals, and Stories

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Verideth

A Hin's Mental Bin

Unread post by Verideth »

*written in Sylvan*

So I kinda left home. Liven off the glen around the Gate mostly. Some of those Bard tales got to me and I decided to go wandering. Maybe even try to adventurer. I still am shying away from spells casting as they call it. I see my abilities as a tie I have with the land, not some ritual out of a book. I went and visited that one grove, were I got my base training. I am more interested in shifting my form and that old one that has so much drift. He looks more animal than elven. Oh a dark fay come to town... Not sure why but it stole my emotions but was taken down by a group. Interesting event. I met several Hin lasses and a gnome couple. Good to meet right sized folks.

I met an orc and tried to greet her. She got pretty upset with me and said I was challenging her. Said I was a whelp and I need to ask again when I made something of myself. Odd... The Orc that taught me to fight and their tongue didn't mention that to me. Must be a tribe thing. Not sure. Wither way gonna watch what I say to orcs from now on. My folks have been trying to discourage me from being like my uncle Dimpal, he is a proper adventurer. But I kinda like it. I say the money is WoW, crazy good. I see how these adventurer's look at a hundred gold as nothing.. Man that is a lot of money to us farmers.
Last edited by Verideth on Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Master loves Larry... Master feeds Larry!!" Wizards 1977

Current Character
Hampton Simmons Steady on good chap!

Past Characters
Beaucamp Simmons A Hin that could be a friend.

De'land Maelstrom A drow spark, lighting the dark.

Isaac S'tak A Thavian spirit, who did fear it
Verideth

Re: A Hin's Mental Bin

*written in Sylvan*

Phew a lot has happened. I found a family friend who trained me how to blend into shadows but I have really been angrier lately. I have completely abandoned my monk studies, I am not focused enough.

I fought a few baby dragons. I tried to deliver this note to a guy under Hilltop but each time I went to this lower area, there was a baby dragon, I say baby but it was bigger than a horse. I got so mad I started seeing red! I had to walk away.

Some lady was running thru all the farmlands with a gait troll like lizard thing. Found out it was a Slaad or something like that. Bob said it was a salad. Ha ha funny guy! I am not guard but I did stop her, at first I though the Slaad was chasing her but then it was talking to her.. I do not understand such things.

Met a barbarian guy down at the Inn. Then a teifling lady that was all feral. That barbarian could kill a giant with just his punches!! He asked me to collect gibber mouther trophies for him. Been working on it but I cant seam to find anything of quality. Now that I think about it, it is kinda macabre collecting stuff like this. I assumed it was for some sort of alchemy but I may have to make sure it is not some evil ritual or deader magic.

Food has come a bit scarce but I am happy eating rats. Little big of sage, soak them in salt water and they taste mighty fine.

Current Character

Past Characters

Verideth

*written in Sylvan*

Wow so a lot has gona down. Met a shifter, Suna. I like her. She is nice and really tough! I almost became a shift but I washed out of the druid training. I met a Lord Knight of Baldur's Gate. He was zoned out in near the wheat field at the East entrance. I found out he was praying to the Red Knight. He was alright for a Noble. He asked me to find the Dark Knight, some Dread lord Elf fella and make him smile.

My skill has grown, I can finally get mad and focus it. I really do not do that often but I can really get some power behind my swings. I wanted to use a rapier or even kukri but they both way to flimsy to get a true strike behind their hilt.

I really have seen how undead despoil the land and I have grown to hate them. I even still patrol the old gate graveyard.. Ya I know its a tad unchallenging but I really hate deaders! I am starting to hold a grudge against Dragons too. Those wyvern down south.. They tick me off. Stupid Fire Genies too... I gotta not be too prejudice but I am having a hard time with my temper and my self control is always spent on not socking people in the jaw. I had this stupid human ask if I wanted to become his minion! I said no he would not make a good minion. Kinda turned it around and played stupid that he was offering his service. He said his accountant, some guy in a red coat with a wolf head, would handle any details. Like I would become a slave to some big oaf like him or ANYONE. [paper is almost ruins here]. I hope Bitter is ok and doing better after her past with the Thavians.

Ok not the books fault. Some stupid academic, yes that is ironic, thought I was some stupid mercenary. Ok fine, I have no formal education but I am as smart as most wizard apprentices. I was able to flip her points back on her head. Oh I found some.. D r o w in the underdark.. That is scary stuff! Oh also had some fellow stealther tail me in the mouther cave. He said his name was Bolt and I had potential. I think I met him later in the Cloakwood... I think I recognized the voice but I am not sure. Cloakwood is such a waste. The shadow druids are crazed.. Not that I blame them over the charcoal thing but I am a potential ally and they attack me.. I just stay out of their way and do not go there.

I wanna find the fields of the dead and go smack down deaders... So guy said a dragon was near the East Gate the other day. Oh found a Dusty Tomb, Bob said its used by wizzies. I did find a planar scroll and I could make it out. Interesting...

Ok last note, I met two women that made my nose hairs cringe. One a fellow Hin thought I was trying to date her.. I will not get married for like twenty years for now. I am just off the farm and girls are yuckie in that way! Yuckie! Oh the other one I thought was a man, but she turned out alright. Funny I insult people all the time, not meaning too. I just speak my mind and insert my foot.

Current Character

Past Characters

Verideth

*written in Sylvan*

So ya.. I died, lost my apprenticeship and got pretty much banned from Nashkall all in a ten day.

So I apprenticed to Master Doan, the Arena champion and he started teaching me how to exploit weaknesses in foes, how to really tumble well and introduced me to the patrol in Nashkell. We stormed the Frost Giants and it went really well. After they asked if I would kill drow and I said I killed every drow I have met. But then realized my faith could pose a problem. I told them I respect the ways ot Eilistraee and their faces lost all their blood. One of them even said he wanted to kill me for my faith.

I have been withdrawn and now I tell everyone beforehand of my faith. Not sure if it is illegal in the Gate so I asked Lord Aaron for a meeting to discuss it. The High Marshall of Blackrose invited me to join him but they work with devils.. That concerns me. I will also ask Lord Aaron about them too. Lady Netanya said she didn't mind my faith, she does liked it but didn't disavow me.

I have not seen any of my shifter friends in a while... I have a nice scar on my head now. Looks like a mace crush my right temple. I work up in a temple and was told a fella brought me in from the fields of the dead. Ya I hate deaders, there a favorite enemy of mine.

So I met a Deep Gnome Kretin. He said all the gnomes have vanished and I promised to help him. I went to Rockrun and investigated but I do not think I really discovered anything. [[Screenshots sent to GM Ghost]]. I hope I can help... Have yet to meet any other followers of Eilistraee, my old halfer orc mentor Kraso is long gone and I miss him. He taught me my faith, said he was an escape slave from the deep and owed his freedom to a drow follower of her... He never said more but I wonder.

Well I still don't know any good jokes. I like writing but the face to face is still hard for me... Maybe I can play my emotions through an instrument. I hate being rejected by those southerner, but all my anger has left me. Now I just despair...

Current Character

Past Characters

Return to “Character Biographies and Journals”