Renvar's notebook

Character Biographies, Journals, and Stories

Moderators: Moderator, DM

InGame

Renvar's notebook

Unread post by InGame »

Hidden: show
Renvar's Biography: viewtopic.php?f=153&t=78496

A bound notebook with leather covers that Renvar keeps with him at all times. Divided into three sections.

First and most used section
Name: "Firebeard"

-Possibly leader of the group. Others only called him "Firebeard". Must be a nickname or something similar.
-Tall and muscular human male with fair skin. Long hair and beard of flaming orange color. Odd indeed.
-Fought with a greataxe and wore heavy hide armor. Unusual sighting.
-Beheaded Garlen with his axe. He will suffer the same fate.

1. Asked around in Dock Ward for a few days. Turns out someone with a flaming orange beard and two others were seen landing and heading straight to Mulsantir’s Gate some time ago. Asked around there some more and they could have hopped in a caravan west.

2. Took the caravan as far I could get on the Trader's Road and ended up in Iriaebor. Asked around whenever we camped. It appears someone like Firebeard might have taken a barge along River Chiontar with two others. Why would that be I don't know. It's the only lead now so I might aswell take on it.

3. A long sail has ended along the River Chiontar. I'm now in Baldur's Gate. The trail is cold now and ends here, but I could ask around this city. I could find nothing really on my way here. It's like looking for needle in a haystack now.

4. I have been spending time around the Gate and the surrounding area some weeks now. I asked from Bearded Mermaid, Elfsong Tavern and The Helm and Cloak in the city. Nothing came of it. People and adventurers I've asked place someone looking like Firebeard to Northern Sword Coast. I had a talk with a squire of The church of Triad, called Mediena. Gave me sympathies and suggested to talk to a man called Micheal Dunn. Also suggested their church might help someone way. I don't know... This mission of mine starts to feel impossible now however I look it. God of Revenge give me patients, now that the God's Silence is over. It feels like I truly need it.

5. It was almost two years ago now when I lost my beloved friends so unjustly.. Gods. I've done all I can with the leads that I had. Perhaps it is time to accept that they really went cold here in Baldur's Gate. I've hired and asked people to keep their eyes open for Firebeard and his two minions all around the coast and land in this part of Western Heartlands. My last hope was Roaringshore, but I found nothing. I shall keep praying and asking guidance, but as my friend Sabrina suggested... Maybe I need to do something else entirely for awhile.

-I will avenge you Merelith and Garlen, as I vowed almost two years ago in Assuran name back in Alaghôn. Nothing will change that, but I'm clueless and my mind needs a break for now.

Second section
Name: Unknown

-A woman spellcaster. Most likely a wizard. She had a what looked like a spellbook and casted a spell from it.
-Wore conceling dark robes. Small and petite. High pitch voice.
-Slew Merelith with a lighting bolt. Think my ears are still rigging. She will suffer the same fate.

1. No clues on this woman what so ever. Must be still in the company of "Firebeard" since he was followed by a robed figure.

2. It was almost two years ago now when I lost my beloved friends so unjustly.. Gods. I've done all I can with the leads that I had. Perhaps it is time to accept that they really went cold here in Baldur's Gate. I've hired and asked people to keep their eyes open for Firebeard and his two minions all around the coast and land in this part of Western Heartlands. My last hope was Roaringshore, but I found nothing. I shall keep praying and asking guidance, but as my friend Sabrina suggested... Maybe I need to do something else entirely for awhile.

-I will avenge you Merelith and Garlen, as I vowed almost two years ago in Assuran name back in Alaghôn. Nothing will change that, but I'm clueless and my mind needs a break for now.
Third section
Name: Uknownn

-A average built human male. Looked like a former soldier.
-Wore heavy armor, helmet and a long black cloak. Fought with a sword and shield.
-Didn't get a good look at him under that steel helmet. Possibly tanned skin and black hair and stubble. Could be anyone really.
-Held Garlen down for the beheading. He will suffer that fate too.

1. Must be in the company of "Firebeard" as well along with this wizard woman.

2. It was almost two years ago now when I lost my beloved friends so unjustly.. Gods. I've done all I can with the leads that I had. Perhaps it is time to accept that they really went cold here in Baldur's Gate. I've hired and asked people to keep their eyes open for Firebeard and his two minions all around the coast and land in this part of Western Heartlands. My last hope was Roaringshore, but I found nothing. I shall keep praying and asking guidance, but as my friend Sabrina suggested... Maybe I need to do something else entirely for awhile.

Last edited by InGame on Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IF you are interested in associating Chauntea in your characters background or RP then lets talk!

Characters:

Kervel Greencrest - Old Farmer and Priest of Chauntea
(Biography)
Renvar Meldrake - Cormyrean Sellsword and Bounty Hunter (Biography)
InGame

Re: Renvar's notebook

Unread post by InGame »

Hour was late, but Renvar was still up in his rented room in The Blade and Stars Inn. In the quiet of the room he stared blankly to nothingess in front of him. His notebook rested on his lap, first section open with a fresh entry. Clearly the man was tired and lost in his own restless thoughts. Ultimately the man fell asleep on the chair as he was.

IF you are interested in associating Chauntea in your characters background or RP then lets talk!

Characters:

(Biography)
InGame

Unread post by InGame »

Renvar stood in front of the fireplace in Elfsong tavern. He stared at the flames, eyes locked in their dance, lost in his thoughts. His left hand rested on a pocket that contained his notebook. He spent the last hour or so contemplating what he had written in it later that day. Then he took a last swig of his ale, emptying the tankard. He took a last look on the fire with a heavy sigh. His hand held a coin pendant that had a two-faced head on it. He ultimately turned on his heels and on his way out he muttered to himself.

"It will be done, if not today."

Characters:

(Biography)
InGame

Unread post by InGame »

Renvar stood in front of the Shrine of Hoar in solemn silence. A cold winter storm raged and the brooding man was drenched by the heavy rainfall. Still it seemed not to bother him. He looked down on a notebook and a pendant, A coin with two-faced head, that he held in his hand. The man raised his gaze to take a look of altar one last time, before tossing the book and the amulet on the ground in front of it with a low and broken mutter under his breath.

"Liar"

Then he turned around and to walk down the hill, stepping over a trail of brutally killed hobgoblins. The hill was colored red as the heavy rain would make the fresh blood run downhill from deep and presice wounds of the bodies. The man headed North from there.

Characters:

(Biography)

Return to “Character Biographies and Journals”