Spell / Scroll / Feat Bugs

Any Issues or Bugs Should Be Posted in Their Respective Categories

Moderators: Moderator, Associate Dev, Quality Control, DM

Theodore01
Recognized Donor

Re: Spell / Scroll / Feat Bugs

Unread post by Theodore01 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:38 pm

Activating monks bazing aura can be disrupted (like getting hit when casting a spell), if that happens it's countdown gets triggered.

Hendrak

Unread post by Hendrak » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:28 am

Either "Mark Rune" or "Teleport" scroll are not working as intended on my paladin.

I marked different places and then used a teleport scrolls but the pop up menu only gives me "No choice" option instead of listing the places i marked.

Had no problems with my other chars using those scrolls (like with my Monk).

The_Nightingale

Unread post by The_Nightingale » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:35 am

Dominate Monster is no longer working vs players. (I suspect same may be true of Dominate Person).

They're working fine against npcs still though.

It'd be great if this could be fixed a bit faster than the next patch, because I sort of need it for an upcoming thing...
Bran Nightingale - Rashemi Shaman
Orion - A wandering Sunite

The_Nightingale

Unread post by The_Nightingale » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:40 am

Also while I appreciate the fact I can now target myself with shadow walk, sadly the menu it opens doesn't seem to be the same one as the teleport one, so you currently have no way of using shadow walk to move anywhere really without runes.

KvanNvar

Unread post by KvanNvar » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:57 am

Been getting ""Spell Failure, do not equip items when casting" When I cast Greater Stoneskin
last few days at random. No items equip'ed when casting

The_Nightingale

Unread post by The_Nightingale » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:41 am

Nyborn's Stern Reproof is not calculating it's DCs properly. The DC is 4 lower than what it should be. This is getting rediculous people, come on :(

The build in question is a CL 35 shadow adept archmage.

The_Nightingale

Unread post by The_Nightingale » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:44 am

Dominate Person also is not working against players.

Svabodnik

Unread post by Svabodnik » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:06 pm

'Call Elementals' spell appearing as a 7th level wizard spell, despite in-game and wiki descriptions stating it is 6th.
Hidden: show
"...I know that kind of man / It's hard to hold the hand of anyone / Who is reaching for the sky just to surrender..." – Leonard Cohen, The Stranger Song

MaskedOne1

Unread post by MaskedOne1 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:16 am

Heya,

I play a cleric,

I have noticed that Magic Vestment appears as a level 2 spell, and also as a level 3 spell. The description says it is a level 3 spell, so I assume something is off? To my knowledge neither of my domains give me access to the spell at an ealier level either.

Also, last couple of days, whenever i cast weapon of impact on my morning star, which has worked perfectly before, i get the error that "it can only be cast on a bludgeoning weapon" (Which a morning star weapon is).

M

Tsidkenu

Unread post by Tsidkenu » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:44 pm

Magic Vestment is a level 2 spell for the Halfling & Strength domains. You must have one of those.

Morningstar is slated for a fix in regards to Weapon of Impact.
Formerly the player of

Mae yr Machshikhah - Pryat of Helm [Bio] [Retired]
Schezalle - The Black Claws Baeqeshel [Bio] [Retired]
Araphella - Whispers of Oblivion [Bio] [Retired]
Aeili Azenci - Baelnorn of Mystra [Bio] [Deceased]

MaskedOne1

Unread post by MaskedOne1 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:02 am

Heya,

i stand corrected, i do have the Strength Domain.

Last night while playing, i cast Divine Power on myself, and twice while doing so, the spell had no effect. Would be great if someone could look into this as well.

Grazie

chambordini
Lead Gnome

Unread post by chambordini » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:17 pm

MaskedOne1 wrote:Heya,

i stand corrected, i do have the Strength Domain.

Last night while playing, i cast Divine Power on myself, and twice while doing so, the spell had no effect. Would be great if someone could look into this as well.

Grazie
Check that you don't have any spell failure effects while doing this, for example from activating shield bash.

Young Werther

Unread post by Young Werther » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:22 pm

protection from Petrifaction didn't work today versus the fire mountain beholders.
Jessie Neige - Cleric of Auril
Lockonnow wrote:greatest fear like the movie Hellraiser they show you what you most fear and take a Image of IT

Diamore

Unread post by Diamore » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:34 pm

Battle Howl is not usable once per turn despite the description.

Battle Howl has an independent cool down that is twice as long as the Charge cool down.

Frequently after using Battle Howl the "Charge has Expired" notification will pop up before any attacks for the round have been made, wasting any charge boosted attack/s you could have made. This same situation does not occur when using the regular version of charge.

There is no icon on the enemy to notify you of a failed save. While you can possibly catch the save result in the combat text, this means you will not know when the effect expires either.

Suggestion: Battle Howl currently has a random duration shorter than a taunt that only affects something while you have a -2 AC, effectively cancelling the -2 for that one target. Could this simply be unhooked from charge entirely and be a targeted debuff with cool down exactly as per taunt?
Ms Mackarty: Humble and unassuming wanderer
Dona Ulaati: Aggressive brawler with envenomed words
Jhana Vehnis: Trapmaster, dabbles in archery
Rachel Evermonte: Painfully serious knight

DiceyCZ

Unread post by DiceyCZ » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:48 pm

Hello,
I have recently given my character the Improved Familiar feat and noticed that they can now get a spell as ability. There it is possible to pick Polymorph Self spell...however when they use the Shift Shape feat which they get from the spell...it just says they need to be affected by Polymorph Self or Shapechange for it to work. Seems the feat is not registering the spell effect on them...which makes the spell useless as ability since it can't be cast on others.
Niyressa Dawncrow - Northern Wartch and Bladestone Foundation Administrator
"Magic is Chaos, Art, and Science. It is a curse, a blessing, and progress. It all depends on who uses magic, how they use it, and to what purpose. And magic is everywhere. All around us.” - Yennefer