Spell / Scroll / Feat Bugs

Any Issues or Bugs Should Be Posted in Their Respective Categories

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, Quality Control, Associate Dev, DM

Valefort
Custom Content

Re: Spell / Scroll / Feat Bugs

Unread post by Valefort »

Svabodnik wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:45 pm The Rogue's 'Hide in the Shadows' ability seems to calculate the Reflex DC for being surrounded by multiple enemies incorrectly. The DC should be twice the highest BAB of the surrounding enemies, but from my experience it has been considerably lower. Typically it's Reflex DC 2 for two enemies, DC 4 for three enemies, and the highest I've gotten it was DC 10 for six enemies, leading me to believe that the way it's being calculated is ((n - 1) x 2) rather than (highest BAB x 2), where n is the number of surrounding enemies. The DC for just a single enemy seems to calculate correctly (BAB x 1), however.
Hidden: show
Ty, fixed for next update !
Domovoi wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:13 am Summon Monster IX's DC for dispells is set at CL+1 instead of CL+10 making it much too easy to dispell.
There's no specific treatment for this spell, would you mind checking again ?
Svabodnik wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:35 am The spellbook counter on log-in may incorrectly display that the spellbook limit is 250 for when trimming occurs, rather than >246 which happens on Studying a spell.
EDIT: Swapping to another (much older) character, conversely, and seems as if the trimming for learning new spells over the limit doesn't occur below 250 (potentially due to learning spells over the 246 limit through level-ups, rather than Study Spell).
Made that consistent.

The AC bug for MotlD was noted as well.
Mealir Ostirel - Incorrigible swashbuckler
Svabodnik

Unread post by Svabodnik »

The Arcane Spell Failure fizzle rate when using the Warlock's Hideous Blow seems to work with a flat reduction of the character's overall ASF (armor + shield combined) rather than there being no arcane failure from the armor, but full failure from the shield. This flat reduction seems to be based on the type of armor equipped, -20% for light armor, and -30% for medium armor with the Battle Caster feat.

For example, a warlock wearing padded armor (light, 5% ASF) and using a heavy shield (15% ASF) will not fizzle their Hideous Blows (5% + 15% - 20% = 0% ?), rather than having the 15% spell failure from using a shield. Same thing goes for using a mithral breastplate (light, 15% ASF) and a light shield (5% ASF). Likewise, if they were to have Battle Caster, they will never fizzle in mithral full plate (medium, 25% ASF) and a light shield (5% ASF), rather than having a 5% failure rate from the shield.
"...I know that kind of man / It's hard to hold the hand of anyone / Who is reaching for the sky just to surrender..." – Leonard Cohen, The Stranger Song
Eternity

Unread post by Eternity »

Greater Scrying calculates it's DCs entirely incorrectly.
In fact, it has a DC of 7 lower when cast with Shamans' Blood Magic feat on top of it just flat out being much too low. I can't tell how exactly it's getting it's weird number.
Svabodnik

Based on the Wiki entry regarding counterspelling mechanics, some of the DCs and checks involved in countering a spell seem be to be a bit off.
The Pit Fiend is being countered using a prepared Mordenkainen's Disjunction by a character with no other counterspelling feat beyond the base one granted by the Wizard class. The DC for the Spellcraft check to identify the spell being cast is 15, but should be 40 (15 base + 9 spell level + 16 Quickened spell). As the spell is being countered by an identical spell, a counterspelling check shouldn't be needed. Even if the check was needed, the DC would presumably be at least 33 (11 + 17 min caster level for 9th level spell + 5 Quickened Spell), rather than 26.
"...I know that kind of man / It's hard to hold the hand of anyone / Who is reaching for the sky just to surrender..." – Leonard Cohen, The Stranger Song
Svabodnik

Wizards have access to an 8th level spell missing a name and description, using the same icon as the Poison spell. As it is missing a name, it is impossible to remove it from the spellbook using the Remove Spells feat, however it is able to be cast without issue.
Based on some testing, the spells is presumably Flensing, as it lasts for 4 rounds and deals a small amount of damage each round, as well as 2 Constitution and 2 Charisma damage. The CON and CHA damage is non-stacking, however, meaning unless the target cures the reduced ability scores while the spell ticks are still ongoing, the spell will amount to only a 2 point reduction to each by the end of the duration.
Eternity

Unread post by Eternity »

Warlock's Chilling Tentacles description seems to talk about it being changed to a new system of d20+CL+4 on Attack Rolls and a Grapple Check of d20+CL+8 vs The targets BAB+StrengthMod+d20, but all I'm seeing is some strange (and very low) fortitude saves the monsters are doing with no grapple to be seen from anywhere. Of which the spell description makes no mention.

Is this something that will get addressed or is it just a spell that doesn't at all do what it sais it does and I should look into somehow getting it replaced?
Kitunenotsume

Unread post by Kitunenotsume »

It appears that "Study Spell" allows wizards to learn items from crafted potions. I'm unsure if it applies to normal potions, but crafted/brewed ones seem to allow training. This probably isn't intended?
I play a baker. Sometimes she provides counseling or treatment.
Ask about our Breadflower daily special to save five coppers off a purchase of five pastries.
Svabodnik

Kitunenotsume wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:11 pm It appears that "Study Spell" allows wizards to learn items from crafted potions. I'm unsure if it applies to normal potions, but crafted/brewed ones seem to allow training. This probably isn't intended?
It works the same with regular potions, as well as wands or any other item with a use-to-cast quality (such as use a Mask of the Skull's 1/day Finger of Death to add the spell to a spellbook). Admittedly, likewise unsure if this is intended, but has been that way for as long as I remember.
ajcolt

Unread post by ajcolt »

A. The Holy Sword dispel on hit is sticking to the weapon on occasion using the Crusader holy sword ability. Unequiping after the duration expires, logging out, resting, nor casting holy sword a second time is getting rid of it.
B. The Dispel on hit also dispels turn undead. :lol:
RagingPeace

Unread post by RagingPeace »

Not to be misunderstood for the 4352839043289 timer issue.

Lately, my cooldowns have been disappearing for Anointed weapon and Divine Wrath, making them spam-able. I haven't found a pattern for the bug yet. So far, it has happened in "Serpent Hills - Upper temple", "Cloud peak lizard cave", and in the "Netherese ruins". Their cooldowns return when transitioning to a new area.

I figured I would flag it.

Edit: While making this post the cooldown timers returned when I used the feats again.
Gunnar Vintarskjold, Champion of Tempus
Theadric Trickshot - Hiatus - Hunting Yuan-Ti in Chult.
Zeke Slywit, Ebon Blade - Enjoying retirement in Luiren.
Drogo, Trustworthy thief
Svabodnik

Dispels are not removing spells that benefit weapons. I am aware this is a bug from base NWN2, but was informed that there was an effort on the server to fix this previously, so figured it may be worth mentioning this in case anything had changed. In my circumstance, it was a Lesser Dispel Magic cast by a Batari Wizard against a CL 11 Cleric. The combat log noted that Greater Magic Weapon and Weapon of Impact were dispelled (and the spells were no longer present in the Remove Effects list), but the morningstar retained its +2 EB and Keen properties until resting.

EDIT: After some further observation, may actually be working properly, but simply having an unintuitive representation through the combat log. Appears to be a "placeholder" spell effect from having a weapon buff be present on the character, and the "actual" spell effect that provides a benefit, and both can be dispelled separately. The placeholder is what shows up in the Remove Effect list, and its dispelling or manual removal through the menu doesn't bear any impact on the weapon properties.
Last edited by Svabodnik on Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zhazz

Unread post by zhazz »

Svabodnik wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:43 am Dispels are not removing spells that benefit weapons. I am aware this is a bug from base NWN2, but was informed that there was an effort on the server to fix this previously, so figured it may be worth mentioning this in case anything had changed. In my circumstance, it was a Lesser Dispel Magic cast by a Batari Wizard against a CL 11 Cleric. The combat log noted that Greater Magic Weapon and Weapon of Impact were dispelled (and the spells were no longer present in the Remove Effects list), but the morningstar retained its +2 EB and Keen properties until resting.
I'd like to tag onto this, just in case this issue is actually fixed.

Currently, if the character logs out, or is subject to a disconnect (not server restart), then weapon and armor buffs disappear.

If the dispel issue is fixed, then the relog issue should as well, since it can potentially cause a character to die.
Adrian Baker - An innocent virtuoso (bio | journal)
Relyth Ravan'Thala - Bear of an Elf
Reginald McRuff - Wall of Mirabar
Timothy Daleson - Paladin Wand Maker
Cane D'astaro - In service to the Red Knight (Retired)