Spell / Scroll / Feat Bugs

Any Issues or Bugs Should Be Posted in Their Respective Categories

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, Associate Dev, Quality Control, DM

vale100

Re: Spell / Scroll / Feat Bugs

Unread post by vale100 »

I searched for this to find any current topic, but it was extremely challenging sifting through everything I found...

My question is, though, that in druid dragon form, I cannot cast "epic spells" such as Mass Heal... is that just the way it is, or a bug, or something being worked on? Thanks for your response!
Mo'star - Half-Orc Druid of Silvanus
Bruhlyn Kent'tar - Wood Elf Arrow Assassin of Shevarash
Valefort
Custom Content

Unread post by Valefort »

It's just the way it is, epic spells are technically feats and you cannot use feats while polymorphed/shapechanged.
Mealir Ostirel - Incorrigible swashbuckler
Svabodnik
Quality Control

Unread post by Svabodnik »

To expand upon this post I made a bit earlier, Brew Potion currently causes a buildup of Toxicity, with or without Master Alchemist class levels, unless they have a menu-cast option to select a spell option (like Light's color selection of Clairaudiance/Clairvoyance's choice between Spot/Listen bonuses). If they do have a menu option, there is no Toxicity buildup in either case. Likewise, there is a bit of inconsistency between various summoning spells and making Elixirs of them. For example Elixirs can't seem to be made of Lesser Planar Binding, they can be made for Animate Dead but can't be used due to targeting someone besides yourself, while Elixirs of Summon Monster spells work just fine to conjure up otherworldly critters.
"...I know that kind of man / It's hard to hold the hand of anyone / Who is reaching for the sky just to surrender..." – Leonard Cohen, The Stranger Song
ValerieJean

Unread post by ValerieJean »

Um, so I saw this. The rest of the description is for GR btw. This is in the Druid Spell Book.

I found it does cast as FoD.
Last edited by ValerieJean on Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Radrilla Imrae Helvi'viir
Gaven Arkalis
Micar'vilchi Illiathor - Dhaerowathi (Drow Bane)
Mia
Donamira
Rhifox
Custom Content

Unread post by Rhifox »

ValerieJean wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:33 pm Um, so I saw this. The rest of the description is for GR btw. This is in the Druid Spell Book.

Fixed in the next update.
Tarina — Witch, Apothecary, Dealer in Spirits and Black Magic
ValerieJean

As I did not know someone had responded already, I did find it casts as FoD and ty Rhifox!
Gaven Arkalis
Mia
Donamira
Mushufasa

Unread post by Mushufasa »

For wizards to learn a spell the game needs to first count the number of spells in your spell book to ensure you haven't exceeded capacity. Usually I see a message right after logging in with the count of spells in the spell book. Recently I haven't been seeing this message after logging in and subsequently whenever my wizard tries to learn a spell the learning fails with no error message. Tested this on two wizards, one of which is a generalist wizard and so far I'm only seeing the spell learning failing with no error message.
Rhifox
Custom Content

Unread post by Rhifox »

Mushufasa wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:51 pm For wizards to learn a spell the game needs to first count the number of spells in your spell book to ensure you haven't exceeded capacity. Usually I see a message right after logging in with the count of spells in the spell book. Recently I haven't been seeing this message after logging in and subsequently whenever my wizard tries to learn a spell the learning fails with no error message. Tested this on two wizards, one of which is a generalist wizard and so far I'm only seeing the spell learning failing with no error message.
Just tested this. The spell isn't failing to be scribed, it should still be getting put into your spellbook, but the message isn't showing up. This is because there is no more max capacity.

So, check your spellbook. The spells you scribed should be there.

We'll see about getting the confirmation message fixed.
Rhifox
Custom Content

Unread post by Rhifox »

Finger of Death description, Study Spell success message, and Animal Shapes should all work now.

Though Study Spell message needs some work still. Shows the spell id instead of the spell's name.
ValerieJean

History Feat Ethnicity Feat for Human

I am still working out a build for my Bedine, so upon RCRing and waiting for a fresh reset I remade the character. Same name has no issue after a reset but I am uncertain if it messes up the History Feat. I talked to Denir changed my ethnicity but I do not have my language back that I had had prior. Any idea how I can get the Midani language back?
Gaven Arkalis
Mia
Donamira
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Unread post by EasternCheesE »

ValerieJean wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:30 pm History Feat Ethnicity Feat for Human

I am still working out a build for my Bedine, so upon RCRing and waiting for a fresh reset I remade the character. Same name has no issue after a reset but I am uncertain if it messes up the History Feat. I talked to Denir changed my ethnicity but I do not have my language back that I had had prior. Any idea how I can get the Midani language back?
Please contact DMs in this regard. Basically, if you want to RCR into same name, it's better done with deleting your PC before server reset and only creating new one (and cashing in your XP, of course) after reset as some leftover info is left in server cache when you do it while it's still running. Languages can be one of such things.
Rhifox
Custom Content

Unread post by Rhifox »

ValerieJean wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:30 pm History Feat Ethnicity Feat for Human

Try relogging, if you haven't.
ValerieJean

Rhifox wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:25 pm

Try relogging, if you haven't.
I had tried that.
Gaven Arkalis
Mia
Donamira
ValerieJean

EasternCheesE wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:14 pm

Please contact DMs in this regard. Basically, if you want to RCR into same name, it's better done with deleting your PC before server reset and only creating new one (and cashing in your XP, of course) after reset as some leftover info is left in server cache when you do it while it's still running. Languages can be one of such things.
I am aware of that issue and had done it before and after a reset. My other languages are not affected which is why I thought it was some issue with the feat.
Gaven Arkalis
Mia
Donamira
ValerieJean

I was able to get a DM to look up from on high, and I was informed that they granted it view from their own tool. If that helps in understanding, great! But I have it back to sum. Thanks DM Boo and DM Gixustrat!
Gaven Arkalis
Mia
Donamira