Random Bug in the BG Marketplace - 500 gp stolen by the law!

Any Issues or Bugs Should Be Posted in Their Respective Categories

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, Quality Control, DM

Fire Wolf

Random Bug in the BG Marketplace - 500 gp stolen by the law!

Unread post by Fire Wolf »

While walking through the market, I had the two messages pictured in the screenshot below pop up and lost 500 gold pieces. It happened in the exact spot my character is standing in the image.
Prior to this, I took a look at the auction and then exited it. I also had the "skill increased" affect on my character from an unknown source, probably an item or something. Otherwise, there was absolutely nothing happening to have triggered these messages, which I assume are not supposed to happen in this area to begin with.

izzul

Re: Random Bug in the BG Marketplace - 500 gp stolen by the law!

Unread post by izzul »

Fire Wolf wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:52 pm While walking through the market, I had the two messages pictured in the screenshot below pop up and lost 500 gold pieces. It happened in the exact spot my character is standing in the image.
Prior to this, I took a look at the auction and then exited it. I also had the "skill increased" affect on my character from an unknown source, probably an item or something. Otherwise, there was absolutely nothing happening to have triggered these messages, which I assume are not supposed to happen in this area to begin with.

got almost the same message too
Azzizuleia Tyrielmrande-[Permadeath PC]
Iz Azzul-Red Knight[Active]
Krueger Earthstone-Trader viewtopic.php?f=55&t=56617
Heartseeker-Siamorphe[MIA]
Mystera Electra-Mystra[Goat Girl]
Bigg aL-[Sunshine]
Iezzyn-Intuition UD socializer[inactive]

"My RP build Main PC dont have -ve stats"
Truthiness
Retired Staff

Unread post by Truthiness »

My first impressions of this through encountering the prompt twice myself are not very good at all. Why was this added? Automating NPC reactions like this and PC's response to those actions is not a good idea, as I'm not sure it takes into account RP at all.

There don't appear to be any notes on the addition to the server, so I'm not sure where it even came from or was meant to be added.
Last edited by Truthiness on Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Fenix Wandersoul - Chaos is a ladder
DM Winter
DM

Unread post by DM Winter »

Truthiness wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:17 pm My first impressions of this system through encountering the prompt twice myself, are not very good at all. Why was this added? Automating NPC reactions and PC's response to those actions is not a good idea. I'm not sure it takes into account RP at all, and there don't appear to be any notes on the addition to the server.
no discussions about this staffside, which leads me to believe its a bug or something that didnt work and for some reason is now working
Winter is coming... Or something like that, idk, you get the joke

My Event's Rules & Guidelines
Server Rules / PVP Rules / DM Rulings

((CURRENTLY ON BREAK))
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

It’s a Trigger from something that DM Spartacus might be testing, I’m guessing.

He asked me to test with him something similar the other day IG, but the GUI was different (and I think the trigger just stayed “live,” while the entire interaction GUI was removed?).

CAED WYNTER–ROSE — Windspell Knight of the Manus Triune
PANLOS PAWFOOT — The Essential Nature of...
DM Spartacus
DM

Unread post by DM Spartacus »

This is a temporary (server reset) change in the circumstances in a specific area. It was there to reflect some changes to law and order in the vicinity. It is part of ongoing wealth themes and though a temporary inconvenience to routine play it is part of ongoing RP. There is usually some opportunity to gain some of the change in wealth nearby, and certainly by pursuing this rp hook
selhan

Unread post by selhan »

RMFAOL! REALLY?! OMG I LOVE THAT! Its like the Wild magic and the earthquakes, It offers RP! LOL !! Just dont be digging in my pockets too much or my feelings be hurt, I only get a bartenders wages and pay is little in the Shore! :lol:
“We drink to get drunk, we get drunk to fall asleep, when we fall asleep, we commit no sin, when we commit no sin, we go to the Heaven's. So I say, let's drink till we reach the Heaven's! Huzzah!"

Bartender of the Broken Goblet - "What's yer Poison?"

Return to “Bug Reports and Mechanical Issues”