Recognized Donor

Re: Spell / Scroll / Feat Bugs

Unread post by Pan-some »

Okay seems to be working now...sorry
Theodore01
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Theodore01 »

Pan-some wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:04 am Seem Like Divine Power last 1 round even extended...??
Had the same short duration on my first cast :o
Successive castings had the correct duration.
Pan-some
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Pan-some »

Yep as soon as you hit in a round its gone ..I casted it 3 times in a row...as long as you dont hit anything its up...can someone check this out...plz
DiceyCZ
Quality Control

Unread post by DiceyCZ »

Hi, so after this round of RCR I bumped again into the problem with scribing scrolls. UNder the impression that all ingame spells are now scribable and not having gold to scribe all my spells I just picked the ones that make up Niyressa's regular spellbook and now there are a couple spells I can't get back :(

Dimitry's Final Flare - creates scroll but the scroll can't "cast" the spell so can't be learned from it
Supress Wards - doesn't even scribe a scroll
Teleportation Circle - scribes a scroll but again no casting attached

Any chance these could be fixed please? I realize that supress wards and teleportation circle are purely RP right now, but both kinda important for RP in the continuing war right now. I would be really grateful if those could be "learnable". Thanks!
Niyressa Dawncrow (bio) - Head Magus, Bladestone Foundation
"Magic is Chaos, Art, and Science. It is a curse, a blessing, and progress. It all depends on who uses magic, how they use it, and to what purpose. And magic is everywhere. All around us.” - Yennefer
Stanley The Male

Unread post by Stanley The Male »

Hi there,

This thread is enormous and I couldn't scour through it all to find if this bug was already reported, please ignore if it has been.

Regarding Mastery of Elements, Archmage mechanic, the element resets to it's original element, in the example provided, from acid to fire (flame arrows original element) without toggling. The spell has no metamagic on it. Normally, you need to untoggle the mechanic (I have all options on hotbar). This has happened many times. Is it a feature or a bug?

See below:

Currently playng:

Naryl Yviran - Sun Elf mageling.
Agog_Fr
Retired Staff

Unread post by Agog_Fr »

My main character is Morkar.

He is red wizard of thay.

My problem is that I have picked my Restriched magic School, BUT I still have the Feat "Select Restricted School" available.

If I use it, it will select for me a SECOND restricted school. Something I don't really want. ^^

So let me do the history of the bug :

- For unknown reasons, I could not pick the red wizard of thay level at level 6.
- So I picked a level of another class (And I did not picked spells of my Restriced School at level up).
- I realised that the Qualitifation feat for Red Wizard (and Thayan Knight) was unavaiable.
- I asked kindly a DM to add me the Feat.
- He assed me the feat. I started take one level of Red Wizard of Thay. I picked my restriced magic school, via the "Select Restriced School" feat newly available.
- Next level, I increased my level in another class. AND the "Select Restriced School" feat appeared !

I tried to use spells of my restriced school. They works. So, it seems I don't have any real problem for now, despite this feat bug. :)
Play Angbaal the Necromancer.
Video presentation of my Guild : Link.
DaloLorn
Lead Programmer

Unread post by DaloLorn »

Agog_Fr wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:24 am - For unknown reasons, I could not pick the red wizard of thay level at level 6.
- So I picked a level of another class (And I did not picked spells of my Restriced School at level up).
- I realised that the Qualitifation feat for Red Wizard (and Thayan Knight) was unavaiable.
- He assed me the feat. I started take one level of Red Wizard of Thay. I picked my restriced magic school, via the "Select Restriced School" feat newly available.
Little bit of nitpicking:

I already explained why you were missing the qualification feat. As a human wizard, you get four feat choices by level 5. You need to use three of those feats for the RW prerequisites. You did not do so (instead, you took Able Learner and Spellcasting Prodigy), so you were not able to become a Red Wizard at the level you were supposed to.

AFAIK, the scripts responsible for the qualification feat check if you're a specialized, non-good, level 5 human wizard. You failed to have the qualifications and the other prerequisites at the same time, so you ran into the issue you had. It's really not that mysterious.
European player, UTC+1 (+2 during DST). Fixer of random bits. Active in Discord.
Active characters:
  • Zeila Linepret
  • Aela Lathyaan
  • Ilhara Evrine
  • Linathyl Selmiyeritar
  • Aeryn Faer
  • Virin Swifteye
  • Gurzhuk
Agog_Fr
Retired Staff

Unread post by Agog_Fr »

Yes I think you have right.

But I had not calculate that I should have not taken Able Learner, to be able to start the class at level 6.

Maybe it would clearer to write it in the wiki that player have to take those 3 feats in his build as fast as he can : https://wiki.bgtscc.net/index.php?title ... rd_of_Thay
Agog_Fr
Retired Staff

Unread post by Agog_Fr »

Dudes, the worst happenned for my poor PC : I got two restriched schools now.

So in total I got one prohited School (Divination), and TWO restriched school (Enchantement and Illusion).

And I never picked Illusion. The game imposed me this choice when I reconnected, after have my level 11.

And if you look at the screenshot, you will see that the "Select Restriched School is STILL HERE" which means that at my next level, a new restriched school forced choice will occurs.

If nothing is done, my Red Wizard PC will only be able to cast Necromantic spells. ^^

Unless someone can solve the problem radically, I think the easisier solution would be a simple RCC.

But the problem is for me that I already have a 103 spells known. I invested a lot of time and gold to buy those spells, and RP with another mage to learn his own spells !

I will be wronged by this bug if I had a pure RCC ! :evil:
Theodore01
Recognized Donor

DaloLorn wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:04 am
Agog_Fr wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:24 am - For unknown reasons, I could not pick the red wizard of thay level at level 6.
Little bit of nitpicking:

I already explained why you were missing the qualification feat. As a human wizard, you get four feat choices by level 5. You need to use three of those feats for the RW prerequisites. You did not do so (instead, you took Able Learner and Spellcasting Prodigy), so you were not able to become a Red Wizard at the level you were supposed to.

AFAIK, the scripts responsible for the qualification feat check if you're a specialized, non-good, level 5 human wizard. You failed to have the qualifications and the other prerequisites at the same time, so you ran into the issue you had. It's really not that mysterious.
As your PC is illegal, you have to RCR anyway. Do it better sooner than later, before you waste more time and gold on him.
Theodore01
Recognized Donor

A wizard gets the dragon disciple qualification feat at lv2 now :shock:
DaloLorn
Lead Programmer

Unread post by DaloLorn »

Theodore01 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:41 am A wizard gets the dragon disciple qualification feat at lv2 now :shock:
I think the DD qualification check is just "Do I know Draconic?".

After all, qualification feats are only necessary when a class has unlock requirements more exotic than anything the base game implements. Having to be at a certain level, or having to know a specific DMFI language, both count as exotic.

The rest can be covered by conventional feat, skill, alignment, race, spellcasting, or deity checks.
European player, UTC+1 (+2 during DST). Fixer of random bits. Active in Discord.
Active characters:
  • Zeila Linepret
  • Aela Lathyaan
  • Ilhara Evrine
  • Linathyl Selmiyeritar
  • Aeryn Faer
  • Virin Swifteye
  • Gurzhuk
Theodore01
Recognized Donor

Neutralize poison does not protect from poison (wyvern sting - rolled a 1.) BUG or feature ?
Okan

Unread post by Okan »

Revision: 2559
Author: Endelyon
Date: Wednesday, March 06, 2019 12:33:58 AM
- Neutralize Poison now grants Poison Immunity for 10 minutes per caster level
----
Modified : /trunk/nw_s0_neutpois.ncs
Modified : /trunk/nw_s0_neutpois.NSS

Based on this it is a bug, there are no recent changelog to revert this. There has been a couple of reports on this but I haven't been able to find any confirmation.
Fignar Brokenshield - The Melancholic Defender
Higan Hammerfist - The Stalker of Caverns
Almarea90
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Almarea90 »

I am not sure if I'm doing something wrong but for some reason is not letting me write "Dimensional Lock" on a scroll.
Edelgarde Spades - Guide of Candlekeep and Deneirrath priest, still a Disney princess in the wrong tale.

Gleam of the Firefly - In your darkest hour, look for the firefly

Auntie Ed's Wands(TM): Saving the Coast one Protection from Evil at time.

Candlekeep Public Collection Reference

Return to “Solved Problems”