Public QC request thread - want something tested out?

Any Issues or Bugs Should Be Posted in Their Respective Categories

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Invoker

Re: Public QC request thread - want something tested out?

Unread post by Invoker »

V'rass wrote:Sorry but reserve feats are greatly under powered... saying they are op is a straight out lie.

Nobody says they are OP. Everyone actually says they suck. But they are a potentially constant stream of (ridiculous) damage, so they are not going to change. Because making that damage decent would instantly give those taking the feat something they should not have.
And summons are worthless as meat shields anyway so there is no relative safety as they die in seconds. Summons are under powered as well infact.
Yes, no and no.

Summons are damage dealers (far superior to Reserve feats...all of them) that bring in most cases amazing utility in the form of spells and abilities. A few of them shrug damage off pretty well at certain stages (but never in the high epics), but they were never meant to be tanks.

There is plenty of "relative safety", though, because well-built summoners are pretty much unkillable (Clerics, FSs, Druids, Sorcs, Wizards, Warlocks...any summoner, really). It's actually the summoner who takes spells that can control the battlefield, enabling the summons to do damage constantly and safely.

Summons are most certainly not underpowered. With the amount of contemporary slots that can be had right now, the variety and utility they bring, they are in fact extremely powerful in the right hands. Obviously, their combat stats will never be those of an epic melee character, for the same criteria dictating the reserve feats stay as they are.
This twisted culture got you feeding from its hand
But you will lose that food if you don't meet all their demands
And loyal is the soldier that gets slaughtered with the lambs
Examining the blueprints got you questioning the plans
the_flame_of_anor

Unread post by the_flame_of_anor »

If possible, please change the VFX of Invisible Needle though (and I believe this request was raised by others elsewhere before as well).

Right now, it looks like some ice spell with a creeping cold effect at the caster's feet.

Perhaps a simple magic missile VFX instead?
The love of loot is the root of all evil.

Arlan ~ Wandering Abbot of the Common Folk.
Zirvoden ~ Deep Reserves of Power.
Ryu'jin ~ Former Imperial High Mage of Kozakura.
chad878262
QC Coordinator

Unread post by chad878262 »

pretty cool Chambo... Any way to inverse and narrow the vfx though? It currently looks like a ball of air with a tail. Turning it around would make it look like a large needle being pushed by a ball of air (or force). Just a thought, I've no idea how this stuff works.
Chord Silverstrings - Bard and OSR Squire / Tarent Nefzen - Arcane Wand Merchant and Master Alchemist / Irrace Arkentlar - Drow Adventurer / Finneaus Du'Veil - Gem Merchant and Executive Officer of SCCE

Tarent's Wands and Elixirs

A Wand Crafter's guide to using wands
the_flame_of_anor

Amazing stuff... the warlocks are gonna be jealous. I might even RCR for this!

I don't know exactly how it works under the hood, but another alternative is:
- remove the globe of air at the beginning of the move, but keep that bluish nimbus which comes on right before the needle gets launched... the blue nimbus is awesome btw
- as for the projectile, a little more 'narrow' like what Chad suggested, or something similar to magic missile would go well with the blue nimbus too I reckon

Once again, awesome stuff, Chambo!

chad878262
QC Coordinator

Unread post by chad878262 »

VERY COOL (IMHO)
Chord Silverstrings - Bard and OSR Squire / Tarent Nefzen - Arcane Wand Merchant and Master Alchemist / Irrace Arkentlar - Drow Adventurer / Finneaus Du'Veil - Gem Merchant and Executive Officer of SCCE

Tarent's Wands and Elixirs

A Wand Crafter's guide to using wands
the_flame_of_anor

Yes! This definitely looks more like an invisible needle dealing magic damage!

The "invisible" and "needle" aspects might have been taken too literally though :P
If there's a way to make the dart somewhat bigger or brighter, that will be great for the eyes.

Thanks, Chambo :D

Arn

Unread post by Arn »

Requesting a test to see if Hospitaler is advancing caster levels properly, please.

I don't know if I am missing something, but I suspect Hospitaler CL progression is borked:

https://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?p=839744#p839744
Arn wrote:Rolled up a test toon: Cleric 9/Master Alchemist 5/Hospitaler 9/Hierophant 6 (total HD of 29).

Took Spellpower I and II and Practiced Spellcaster (Cleric).

Highest Elixir CL is 24.

While I was leveling up, I also noticed that none of the Hospitaler levels were advancing my spellcasting progression. At level 15, with 4 Hospitaler levels, I figure I should have had 13 caster levels (spellcasting progression at Hospitaler levels 2 and 4, right?) However, I could only cast up to level 6 spells. Had my caster levels been 13, I would have been able to cast level 7 spells.

Maybe I am missing something?
Mi-Le (彌勒) - "Meditate, monks. Do not be negligent, lest you regret it later." ((-Saṃyutta Nikāya 35.146))
-Monk of the Old Order and the Way. Will not kill.
-[IC Journal]
-[Bio]

((Feel free to reach out to Mi-Le for forum RP!))

Wendi - Haggling crafter. [Bio]
Anatti
Meredith

Return to “Bug Reports and Mechanical Issues”