Public QC request thread - want something tested out?

Any Issues or Bugs Should Be Posted in Their Respective Categories

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Sun Wukong

Re: Public QC request thread - want something tested out?

Unread post by Sun Wukong »

That is good to know, it leaves some sense to pick Combat Caster feat and actually acquire the medium armor proficiency to make use of it. Currently Mithral Chain Mail is just too good of a choice otherwise.
" I am no longer here, the elves of the Sword Coast are just far too horrible... "
- Elminster, probably.
chad878262
QC Coordinator

Unread post by chad878262 »

FYI - The offhand flails do work with Melee Mastery Piercing. Can't find the thread where it was requested to test Melee Mastery with Light flails.
Chord Silverstrings - Bard and OSR Squire / Tarent Nefzen - Arcane Wand Merchant and Master Alchemist / Irrace Arkentlar - Drow Adventurer / Finneaus Du'Veil - Gem Merchant and Executive Officer of SCCE

Tarent's Wands and Elixirs

A Wand Crafter's guide to using wands
Hendrak

Unread post by Hendrak »

Hello,

i am thinking about taking Northlander Hewing on my Cavalier build . It would make his dmg a bit better.

Question: Does NH also gives the DMG bonus to Shield Bash attacks ( i ve got 3 per Round)?
If so, does it reduce the numer of Shield Bash attacks per round?

I can update the wiki if i get an answer. Is only the new Wiki relevant or both?

Thanks a lot,
Hendrak
Valefort
Retired Admin

Unread post by Valefort »

Hello ! No, no and yes.
Mealir Ostirel - Incorrigible swashbuckler
Hendrak

Unread post by Hendrak »

Thanks! :D

I updated the wiki with this sentence:

Northlander Hewing doesnt add damage to Shieldbash Attacks nor does it reduce Shieldbash attacks.

https://wiki.bgtscc.net/index.php?title ... der_Hewing

Should make it clear for everyone looking it up.

Missing information is on two weapon fighting regarding NH.

If anyone can provide i will add it.
Kalgain

Unread post by Kalgain »

Is it intended that the barbarian rage adds the enhancement bonus of the weapon as additional damage?

(in addition to the +2/+3/+4/+5 bonus, so you can get a total of +9 bonus dmg with epic rage and a +4 weapon )
chad878262
QC Coordinator

Kalgain wrote:Is it intended that the barbarian rage adds the enhancement bonus of the weapon as additional damage?

(in addition to the +2/+3/+4/+5 bonus, so you can get a total of +9 bonus dmg with epic rage and a +4 weapon )
Yes, the Standard Rage Bonus damage is in addition to any weapon enhancement. Otherwise it would not have been much of an improvement. In general the changes make the choice between Standard Rage and Whirlwind Frenzy much more difficult, which was the goal. :D
Chord Silverstrings - Bard and OSR Squire / Tarent Nefzen - Arcane Wand Merchant and Master Alchemist / Irrace Arkentlar - Drow Adventurer / Finneaus Du'Veil - Gem Merchant and Executive Officer of SCCE

Kalgain

Unread post by Kalgain »

Thank you for your fast reply.

Just to clarify:

eg barbarian strength 10, +4 longsword

no rage: 1d8+4 dmg

epic rage 1d8+4 dmg (eb weapon) + (5 rage bonus) + (4 eb weapon) +bonus dmg from strength

while raging the eb is applied twice
Last edited by Kalgain on Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valefort
Retired Admin

Unread post by Valefort »

Not intended, ty for the report !
Mealir Ostirel - Incorrigible swashbuckler
Kalgain

Unread post by Kalgain »

Do liches in the gullykin crypt have a 10/+4 dr or a 10/piercing dr?

I am doing a lot of testing for the shield bash dmg reduction and cant figure that one out.

thank you

--------------

Edit: gullykin crypt liches have a 10/+4 dr. So the shield bash damage reduction bug is present here.
Last edited by Kalgain on Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tsidkenu

Unread post by Tsidkenu »

[Request removed! Confirmed by Valefort!]
Hidden: show
Does the Turning Check bonus for Master of Energy actually increase Divine Spell Power rolls by +4?

I'm getting close to taking my last hierophant feat and if I had the choice between Master of Energy adding +4 to turning rolls for DSP or Advanced Divine Spell Power, I would choose the former.
Kalgain

Unread post by Kalgain »

I took the hunter kit and got the travel domain fast movement feat.

Is this feat working, i am slower than a barbarian with barbarian fast movement.

And it further states that the movement bonus is only active in light and medium armor. Does that include robes?
Endelyon

Unread post by Endelyon »

Kalgain wrote:I took the hunter kit and got the travel domain fast movement feat.

Is this feat working, i am slower than a barbarian with barbarian fast movement.

And it further states that the movement bonus is only active in light and medium armor. Does that include robes?
Travel domain doesn't give Fast Movement or Haste on BGTSCC. For the rest I'm not exactly sure as I've never tested the Hunter Kit, but it should work in robes.
chad878262
QC Coordinator

Tsidkenu wrote:Does the Turning Check bonus for Master of Energy actually increase Divine Spell Power rolls by +4?

I'm getting close to taking my last hierophant feat and if I had the choice between Master of Energy adding +4 to turning rolls for DSP or Advanced Divine Spell Power, I would choose the former.
Sorry i missed this Tsid, but I'm not sure how to test. Maybe valefort or rasael can indicate of mastery of energy is considered in advanced divine spell power check?

chad878262
QC Coordinator

Kalgain wrote:Do liches in the gullykin crypt have a 10/+4 dr or a 10/piercing dr?

I am doing a lot of testing for the shield bash dmg reduction and cant figure that one out.

thank you

--------------

Edit: gullykin crypt liches have a 10/+4 dr. So the shield bash damage reduction bug is present here.
No such thing as + (N) dr... that was a 2nd edition thing. In nwn2 engine something can have dr/ magic, but that means any enhancement bonus will bypass, there is nothing that differentiates +1 vs +4.

Return to “Bug Reports and Mechanical Issues”