Polymorph/shapechange bugs

It Does What It Says on the Tin: Resolved Issues

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

DiceyCZ
Quality Control

Polymorph/shapechange bugs

Unread post by DiceyCZ »

I couldn't find these mentioned in the bug report forum so I'll just put them here, I am sorry if they were and I just suck at searching for them.

Wiki says that enchantments on weapons don't carry over in shapechange, which they don't but they don't carry over in polymorph either, at least not from my staff with 1d4 sonic.
Niyressa Dawncrow (bio) - Head Magus, Bladestone Foundation
"Magic is Chaos, Art, and Science. It is a curse, a blessing, and progress. It all depends on who uses magic, how they use it, and to what purpose. And magic is everywhere. All around us.” - Yennefer
Sun Wukong

Re: Polymorph/shapechange bugs

Unread post by Sun Wukong »

DiceyCZ wrote:
Wiki says that enchantments on weapons don't carry over in shapechange, which they don't but they don't carry over in polymorph either, at least not from my staff with 1d4 sonic.
Does your shape have a weapon, because +1 Cold damage and Vampiric properties did pass on to my Minotaur Shape. (Troll has no weapon, so things to do not pass over.)
" I am no longer here, the elves of the Sword Coast are just far too horrible... "
- Elminster, probably.
DiceyCZ
Quality Control

Unread post by DiceyCZ »

Sun Wukong wrote:
DiceyCZ wrote:
Does your shape have a weapon, because +1 Cold damage and Vampiric properties did pass on to my Minotaur Shape. (Troll has no weapon, so things to do not pass over.)
Yup, I have been using mostly the human - sword, elf - rapier, forms with polymorph. First I thought it is because I use the keen spell for blunt weapons, or because I use the GMW on it. The weapon is silverwood BO, +2EB, +4EB vs undead, +1d4 sonic. However even without any spells put on the weapon the shapes get no bonus from my staff. I have tried this over and over. For some reason I think it did work once but only after a relog while being under the polymorph effect.
"Magic is Chaos, Art, and Science. It is a curse, a blessing, and progress. It all depends on who uses magic, how they use it, and to what purpose. And magic is everywhere. All around us.” - Yennefer
roke42

Unread post by roke42 »

The "you may not loot/grind on the other side" script fires on my drow in spidershape. Means I won't get any loot or grind XP in the underdark while using spider shape.
Laya - Cookiemaster of Doron
Valaklith - Shadow of the past
DiceyCZ
Quality Control

Unread post by DiceyCZ »

So I have got a few more, though some might not be bugs since the Wiki page was not updated.

1. Moon Dog has no SR

2. Golem has no haste but I guess that might have been changed to put haste on Hydra

3. Dragons don't seem to have Keen as their crit chance is 20

4. DRs all together don't seem to work somehow - I have Shadow Shield and most forms have some DR but for example when Giants throw Rocks it does not reduce anything, likewise when I happen upon a spike trap I get the full blow
DiceyCZ
Quality Control

Unread post by DiceyCZ »

Another two, this time for Polymorph Self

1. Dwarf form is exactly the same as Duergar - so you wanna go dwarf but turn out black as coal

2. Drow form is sun elf...all golden and same armor as the bow variant, just whiter hair.
dedude
Retired Staff

Unread post by dedude »

DiceyCZ wrote:1. Moon Dog has no SR
Fixed
DiceyCZ wrote:2. Golem has no haste but I guess that might have been changed to put haste on Hydra
That is a leftover from the Clay Golem. It was changed to Iron Golem which doesn't have haste.
DiceyCZ wrote:3. Dragons don't seem to have Keen as their crit chance is 20
It seems that property doesn't work on their monster weapons, at least it is not showing in the character window. Might not be able to do anything about it.
DiceyCZ wrote:4. DRs all together don't seem to work somehow - I have Shadow Shield and most forms have some DR but for example when Giants throw Rocks it does not reduce anything, likewise when I happen upon a spike trap I get the full blow
Maybe it's something special about those rocks. I tested a random shape, and the DR was working fine.
dedude
Retired Staff

Unread post by dedude »

DiceyCZ wrote:Another two, this time for Polymorph Self

1. Dwarf form is exactly the same as Duergar - so you wanna go dwarf but turn out black as coal

2. Drow form is sun elf...all golden and same armor as the bow variant, just whiter hair.
Both fixed.
NegInfinity

Unread post by NegInfinity »

I think shifting into cat/rat/snake via wild shape results in positive energy damage once shifting is complete.

I have a suspicion it shouldn't really work this way.
Gaxim
Quality Control

Unread post by Gaxim »

When I shape shift with my deep gnome into a plant form, I am no longer able to get XP in the Under dark. I was at the tar pits and at the trogolites. Neither gave XP when in form.
Gaxim Graveltoes - Gnome Extrodinaire
Khalkaroth (Khal) - Tiefling Mage
Raven - Halfing Poet of the Soubar Militia
Krurniullibnant Mingmengnucks -Unknown
Mogak - Mountain Orc Axe Wielder
Phexubis Szereban - Tiefling from your dreams
Tuck Thornpecker - Halfling slinger
Cenerae

Unread post by Cenerae »

Just going to bump this since it's related...

During a run and making frequent use of shift shape via polymorph, I've ended up with two 'polyspellfix' items in my inventory that havn't cleared up through rests.

Also, the massive criticals property doesn't seem to carry over, at least on ranged weapon merges. I'm not sure about melee.

edit - relogging removed one of the items from my inventory each time only instead of clearing both out.
Diamore

Unread post by Diamore »

Seemingly related, while partying with a polymorphed character and using Vermin Shape, I too gained the 'polyspellfix' item.

I also kept stacking my temp HP from the shape and was unable to cast flame weapon on myself or my animal companion.
Ms Mackarty: Humble and unassuming wanderer
Mora Eldris: Talkative.
Sera Lowe: Nervous ex-commoner
Rachel Evermonte: Painfully serious knight
Cenerae

Unread post by Cenerae »

Seem to be able to reproduce the 'polyspellfix' item in the inventory bug by resting without reverting to original form first.

edit - although it seems to not be the only way to make it occur...I have just realised I currently have 4 sitting in my inventory after only 2 rests. I think I might have triggered it by logging in while still formshifted (one character switch back and forth, and one client crash).
DiceyCZ
Quality Control

Unread post by DiceyCZ »

For me it happens when I turn to original form - sometimes it removes polyspellfix from my inventory and sometimes it doesn't, eventually creating multiple instances of this item in my inventory.
dedude
Retired Staff

Unread post by dedude »

I’m not able to reproduce it locally, but it looks to be a race condition causing this at times. I’ve changed the logic a bit to compensate, so hopefully this is fixed next update.

Return to “Solved Problems”