Polymorph/shapechange bugs

It Does What It Says on the Tin: Resolved Issues

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Hawke

Re: Polymorph/shapechange bugs

Unread post by Hawke »

the_flame_of_anor wrote:
Steve wrote:
Tsidkenu wrote:The only 'fix' is not to use bonus spell slot items on your sorcerer so you have nothing to lose when shapechanging.
And to build to end up on 28 CHA minimum with/without Item, so that you get enough bonus spells to have no issue.
Just tested this on my sorc... Even without bonus spell slot items worn, so long as the sorc is wearing any charisma enhancement item, he will still lose spells per day. And losing a level 9 bonus spell due to enhanced high charisma every time he shifts is no joke, and not worth taking the shapeshift spell. And there is no way my sorc can swap out the shapeshift spell now.

I did not have this problem as I saw it on my sorc. That is quite odd. The boost should have kept it from being lost.
the_flame_of_anor

Unread post by the_flame_of_anor »

Hmmm still doesn't work...

Did what Tsid suggested, cast Eagle's, still losing spells per day every time I shift back.
The love of loot is the root of all evil.

Arlan ~ Wandering Abbot of the Common Folk.
Zirvoden ~ Deep Reserves of Power.
Ryu'jin ~ Former Imperial High Mage of Kozakura.
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

Is your Character an Aasimar?

ARTHAYER ZORASTRYL — A Magistrati & Magefriend [Bio] * [The Wanderings of...]
PANLOS PAWFOOT — The Essential Nature of...
ERMMAR STONESORROW — Cavestalker of the Darkshard Deviants. Herb Trader.
the_flame_of_anor

Steve wrote:Is your Character an Aasimar?
Yea... Aasimar dragon disciple sorc, choke full of natural charisma goodness.

Why? Aasimars are allergic to shapeshifting?

Tsidkenu

Unread post by Tsidkenu »

Probs cuz shapeshifting changes your base race from Aasimar -> chosen form, meaning you will lose your inherent +2 racial stat bonuses to Wis & Cha
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

Yes, shifting causes Racial Ability bonuses to disappear. I had a similar issue with a Deep Gnome Druid character, that whenever shifting, would lose spells (even though the NWN2 wiki states shifting only affects STR/DEX/CON).

The solution for my Svirf Druid was Owls Insight which grossly inflated Wisdom, this shifting burned up the unused bonus slots from that spell.

This is why much earlier in this thread I suggested a possible fix for shifters is a temporary Ability boost...though that has other issues to it as well (but could be mitigated with scripting).

ARTHAYER ZORASTRYL — A Magistrati & Magefriend [Bio] * [The Wanderings of...]
PANLOS PAWFOOT — The Essential Nature of...
ERMMAR STONESORROW — Cavestalker of the Darkshard Deviants. Herb Trader.
the_flame_of_anor

Urrrgh. I don't suppose a fix is in the works anytime soon?

DiceyCZ
Quality Control

Unread post by DiceyCZ »

Well, speaking for tiefling and INT based casting this has been fixed some time ago. Maybe CHA was missed there? There pollyspellfix was listing INT from items and race separatly and it didn't stack since it was item bonus (I think, per observation). But it works now for me at least.
Niyressa Dawncrow (bio) - Head Magus, Bladestone Foundation
"Magic is Chaos, Art, and Science. It is a curse, a blessing, and progress. It all depends on who uses magic, how they use it, and to what purpose. And magic is everywhere. All around us.” - Yennefer
Rudolph

Unread post by Rudolph »

Another bug:

I've been playing a specialized Shifter gish for a little while (lvl 8) and noticed that the weapon base damage is absent from my hits. According to the character sheet, my ogre should have
1-12 +10
+2 Bludgeoning
but every single hit he does shows only 12 damage in the combat log (never more, never less).

I tested this with the Minotaur form and saw the same problem there. The base damage obviously makes quite a difference, so hopefully this can be fixed soon.
DiceyCZ
Quality Control

Unread post by DiceyCZ »

"Shift Shape" feat is dispellable. Now I am not sure if this is intentional but it seems that a feat shouldn't be. If it is, does your char's CL transfer to it correctly since it's a feat and not spell?
"Magic is Chaos, Art, and Science. It is a curse, a blessing, and progress. It all depends on who uses magic, how they use it, and to what purpose. And magic is everywhere. All around us.” - Yennefer
Valefort
Retired Admin

Unread post by Valefort »

Shift shape feat is dispellable because it's tied to your active polymorph/shapechange spell. If those are dispelled the feat naturally goes away, and your char's CL is correctly taken into account.
Mealir Ostirel - Incorrigible swashbuckler
DiceyCZ
Quality Control

Unread post by DiceyCZ »

So, does it get dispelled only if for example they dispell "Shapechange"? Because I got hit with dispell in Serpent Hills and only the effect "Shift Shape" was dispelled but not "Shapechange" so I could turn back right away.

It gave me the list of dispelled effects and it listed "Shift Shape"
Valefort
Retired Admin

Hmm good point they probably weren't linked properly.
DiceyCZ
Quality Control

Unread post by DiceyCZ »

Hello,
just wanted to ask. I have written already before that some forms seem to not consider a few items from gear while some do without any feedback. For example Planetar and Arboreal elf don't get regen from cloak while some forms and especially ones without weapon do. Arboreal elf doesn't even list "Point Blank Shot" From my bracers in feat list, Erynia does but not sure she actually gets the bonus etc..

So my question is if forms should be having regen from cloak and if they should recieve feats from gear, if so, is the fact that some don't a bug or is it by design, or maybe some forms lack some sort of space to fit those "enchantments"?

Thank you :)
Valefort
Retired Admin

They all share the same script and there is no discrimnation so the fact you're finding some differences is puzzling in itself.

Return to “Solved Problems”