Polymorph/shapechange bugs

It Does What It Says on the Tin: Resolved Issues

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Hawke

Re: Polymorph/shapechange bugs

Unread post by Hawke »

Well then maybe the forms don't like my weapons.

Polymorph is good.

Shapechange isn't for carrying over weapon bonuses.
Hawke

Unread post by Hawke »

Ok now for some reason shapechange is working with weapon enhancements.

Not sure what was going on.
the_flame_of_anor

Unread post by the_flame_of_anor »

The spell slots loss fix doesn't seem to be working on sorcerers?

Apparently, each time my shapeshifted sorc returns to original form, the count for spells per day for those spell levels where bonus spell slots items apply (eg. levels 3 and 4 if a Ring of Sorcerous Power is worn) and where Eagle's Splendor gives a boost goes down by 1. So, 8 or 9 returns-to-original-form later, those affected spell levels have 0 spells per day left.
The love of loot is the root of all evil.

Arlan ~ Wandering Abbot of the Common Folk.
Zirvoden ~ Deep Reserves of Power.
Ryu'jin ~ Former Imperial High Mage of Kozakura.
Hawke

Unread post by Hawke »

It won't.

Any bonus spell slot items it will lose that spell with each change, either to a form or back to normal.
Hawke

Unread post by Hawke »

Oh i know where all that information is for the sorcerer bugs.... actually any spontaneous caster and polymorph/shapechange.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=64000&p=808732#p808732

It's on page 3 of THIS thread.
the_flame_of_anor

Oh man... that sucks then.

Is a fix in the works? Or is this deemed something that is near impossible to fix?

Good thing my sorcerer tried out shapeshift via a potion I found! Otherwise, though the spell can be quite fun to play with, I will be stuck with a fundamentally suboptimal spell for sorcerers with no way of swapping it out -- another short end of the stick for sorcerers.

Hawke

Unread post by Hawke »

No fix that I know of.

It sucks for sorcerers, but mine made it up to 18 without issue. It would be nice having more spells to use, but it still works.
Tsidkenu

Unread post by Tsidkenu »

The only 'fix' is not to use bonus spell slot items on your sorcerer so you have nothing to lose when shapechanging.
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

Tsidkenu wrote:The only 'fix' is not to use bonus spell slot items on your sorcerer so you have nothing to lose when shapechanging.
And to build to end up on 28 CHA minimum with/without Item, so that you get enough bonus spells to have no issue.

ARTHAYER ZORASTRYL — A Magistrati & Magefriend [Bio] * [The Wanderings of...]
PANLOS PAWFOOT — The Essential Nature of...
ERMMAR STONESORROW — Cavestalker of the Darkshard Deviants. Herb Trader.
Rudolph

Unread post by Rudolph »

The Palrethee does not get any dmg bonus whatsoever from Power Attack (only the AB reduction). It wields a Greatsword (acc. to wiki and base damage on the Cha sheet), but seems to do so one-handed acc. to the animation, so I expected either +3 or +6 dmg. Is this a bug or is the weapon a light one for the Parelthee and hence cannot be used for PA? In that case, does it qualify for Weapon Finesse, i.e. Swashbuckler Insightful Strike?
DiceyCZ
Quality Control

Unread post by DiceyCZ »

Arboreal elf seems to be the only bow form that does not register Point blank shot from bracers in my feat list. Erinye and Elf form both have point blank shot in feats upon transformation but not arboreal elf. Also Arboreal elf seems to be the only (in my experience, I don't use all forms) that doesn't check for and remove pollyspellfix, it creates it but doesn't remove after changing back.
Niyressa Dawncrow (bio) - Head Magus, Bladestone Foundation
"Magic is Chaos, Art, and Science. It is a curse, a blessing, and progress. It all depends on who uses magic, how they use it, and to what purpose. And magic is everywhere. All around us.” - Yennefer
Hawke

Unread post by Hawke »

DiceyCZ wrote:Also Arboreal elf seems to be the only (in my experience, I don't use all forms) that doesn't check for and remove pollyspellfix, it creates it but doesn't remove after changing back.

I noticed this too, but when you rest, it goes away like 95% of the time.
DiceyCZ
Quality Control

Unread post by DiceyCZ »

DiceyCZ wrote:Arboreal elf seems to be the only bow form that does not register Point blank shot from bracers in my feat list. Erinye and Elf form both have point blank shot in feats upon transformation but not arboreal elf. Also Arboreal elf seems to be the only (in my experience, I don't use all forms) that doesn't check for and remove pollyspellfix, it creates it but doesn't remove after changing back.
One more thing, it seems arboreal elf does not register any at all feats gained by equipment in feat list. (point blank shot, dodge, toughness). Other forms do.
Niyressa Dawncrow (bio) - Head Magus, Bladestone Foundation
"Magic is Chaos, Art, and Science. It is a curse, a blessing, and progress. It all depends on who uses magic, how they use it, and to what purpose. And magic is everywhere. All around us.” - Yennefer
the_flame_of_anor

Steve wrote:
Tsidkenu wrote:The only 'fix' is not to use bonus spell slot items on your sorcerer so you have nothing to lose when shapechanging.
And to build to end up on 28 CHA minimum with/without Item, so that you get enough bonus spells to have no issue.
Just tested this on my sorc... Even without bonus spell slot items worn, so long as the sorc is wearing any charisma enhancement item, he will still lose spells per day. And losing a level 9 bonus spell due to enhanced high charisma every time he shifts is no joke, and not worth taking the shapeshift spell. And there is no way my sorc can swap out the shapeshift spell now.

Tsidkenu

Unread post by Tsidkenu »

Cast Eagle's Splendor (or use a potion/scroll of the same) and that will prevent spell loss from +CHA item.

Return to “Solved Problems”