Baldur's Gate : The Sword Coast Chronicles : NWN2 Persistent World
https://bgtscc.net/

Polymorph/shapechange bugs
https://bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=64000
Page 7 of 11

Author:  Steve [ Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Polymorph/shapechange bugs

That has been my experience. Planatar as well. And Arboreal Elf for ranged.

Author:  Hawke [ Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Polymorph/shapechange bugs

Well then maybe the forms don't like my weapons.

Polymorph is good.

Shapechange isn't for carrying over weapon bonuses.

Author:  Hawke [ Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Polymorph/shapechange bugs

Ok now for some reason shapechange is working with weapon enhancements.

Not sure what was going on.

Author:  the_flame_of_anor [ Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Polymorph/shapechange bugs

The spell slots loss fix doesn't seem to be working on sorcerers?

Apparently, each time my shapeshifted sorc returns to original form, the count for spells per day for those spell levels where bonus spell slots items apply (eg. levels 3 and 4 if a Ring of Sorcerous Power is worn) and where Eagle's Splendor gives a boost goes down by 1. So, 8 or 9 returns-to-original-form later, those affected spell levels have 0 spells per day left.

Author:  Hawke [ Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Polymorph/shapechange bugs

It won't.

Any bonus spell slot items it will lose that spell with each change, either to a form or back to normal.

Author:  Hawke [ Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Polymorph/shapechange bugs

Oh i know where all that information is for the sorcerer bugs.... actually any spontaneous caster and polymorph/shapechange.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=64000&p=808732#p808732


It's on page 3 of THIS thread.

Author:  the_flame_of_anor [ Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Polymorph/shapechange bugs

Oh man... that sucks then.

Is a fix in the works? Or is this deemed something that is near impossible to fix?

Good thing my sorcerer tried out shapeshift via a potion I found! Otherwise, though the spell can be quite fun to play with, I will be stuck with a fundamentally suboptimal spell for sorcerers with no way of swapping it out -- another short end of the stick for sorcerers.

Author:  Hawke [ Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Polymorph/shapechange bugs

No fix that I know of.

It sucks for sorcerers, but mine made it up to 18 without issue. It would be nice having more spells to use, but it still works.

Author:  Tsidkenu [ Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Polymorph/shapechange bugs

The only 'fix' is not to use bonus spell slot items on your sorcerer so you have nothing to lose when shapechanging.

Author:  Steve [ Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Polymorph/shapechange bugs

Tsidkenu wrote:
The only 'fix' is not to use bonus spell slot items on your sorcerer so you have nothing to lose when shapechanging.

And to build to end up on 28 CHA minimum with/without Item, so that you get enough bonus spells to have no issue.

Author:  Rudolph [ Wed May 02, 2018 9:15 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Polymorph/shapechange bugs

The Palrethee does not get any dmg bonus whatsoever from Power Attack (only the AB reduction). It wields a Greatsword (acc. to wiki and base damage on the Cha sheet), but seems to do so one-handed acc. to the animation, so I expected either +3 or +6 dmg. Is this a bug or is the weapon a light one for the Parelthee and hence cannot be used for PA? In that case, does it qualify for Weapon Finesse, i.e. Swashbuckler Insightful Strike?

Author:  DiceyCZ [ Tue May 08, 2018 9:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Polymorph/shapechange bugs

Arboreal elf seems to be the only bow form that does not register Point blank shot from bracers in my feat list. Erinye and Elf form both have point blank shot in feats upon transformation but not arboreal elf. Also Arboreal elf seems to be the only (in my experience, I don't use all forms) that doesn't check for and remove pollyspellfix, it creates it but doesn't remove after changing back.

Author:  Hawke [ Sat May 12, 2018 9:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Polymorph/shapechange bugs

DiceyCZ wrote:
Also Arboreal elf seems to be the only (in my experience, I don't use all forms) that doesn't check for and remove pollyspellfix, it creates it but doesn't remove after changing back.



I noticed this too, but when you rest, it goes away like 95% of the time.

Author:  DiceyCZ [ Tue May 15, 2018 8:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Polymorph/shapechange bugs

DiceyCZ wrote:
Arboreal elf seems to be the only bow form that does not register Point blank shot from bracers in my feat list. Erinye and Elf form both have point blank shot in feats upon transformation but not arboreal elf. Also Arboreal elf seems to be the only (in my experience, I don't use all forms) that doesn't check for and remove pollyspellfix, it creates it but doesn't remove after changing back.


One more thing, it seems arboreal elf does not register any at all feats gained by equipment in feat list. (point blank shot, dodge, toughness). Other forms do.

Author:  the_flame_of_anor [ Sat May 19, 2018 5:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Polymorph/shapechange bugs

Steve wrote:
Tsidkenu wrote:
The only 'fix' is not to use bonus spell slot items on your sorcerer so you have nothing to lose when shapechanging.

And to build to end up on 28 CHA minimum with/without Item, so that you get enough bonus spells to have no issue.


Just tested this on my sorc... Even without bonus spell slot items worn, so long as the sorc is wearing any charisma enhancement item, he will still lose spells per day. And losing a level 9 bonus spell due to enhanced high charisma every time he shifts is no joke, and not worth taking the shapeshift spell. And there is no way my sorc can swap out the shapeshift spell now.

Page 7 of 11 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/