Appraise Vendors

It Does What It Says on the Tin: Resolved Issues

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Darker_Thought

Appraise Vendors

Unread post by Darker_Thought »

So I have tested this three times now.

When Increasing Appraise from 22 to 32 I seem to get an increase on the prices. E.g. from 64k to 85k. Am I just rolling an unlucky dice here or Is something broken?

Tried three times on different occasions with both The Thayan Merchant and The Epic merchant in Sshamath for reference. Everytime the Price increases after I raise the Appraise by 10.

Edit:
Or is there some sort of punishment script saying that you need to have the highest appraise on, at the first Vendor Encounter of a server reset for Appraise to be beneficial?
"NWNScript is what happens when you ask Satan to turn C into a scripting language." - DM Doom
Blackman D
Retired Staff

Re: Appraise Vendors

Unread post by Blackman D »

not sure how much the server uses for appraise but in the OC you roll your appraise vs the merchant appraise, you can get favorable, neutral or unfavorable which shifts prices up or down

in the OC you got to reroll whenever your skill went up, here i would imagine its once per reset but not sure how they handle appraise exactly

i know that once you interact the first time it wont change after, till a reset at least, they shouldnt all be linked tho, but possible i guess since some may have the same dialog
everyone is evil till proven otherwise
Darker_Thought

Blackman D wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:30 am not sure how much the server uses for appraise but in the OC you roll your appraise vs the merchant appraise, you can get favorable, neutral or unfavorable which shifts prices up or down

in the OC you got to reroll whenever your skill went up, here i would imagine its once per reset but not sure how they handle appraise exactly

i know that once you interact the first time it wont change after, till a reset at least, they shouldnt all be linked tho, but possible i guess since some may have the same dialog
Hm... I understand.Thank you for your feedback. But you say that "i know that once you interact the first time it wont change after, till a reset at least,".

Then how can I get one price On my first encounter, then a few seconds later after raising my appraise on the same server period get a raise in price? xD It's like it automatically rolls Un-favourable if you try to raise the Appraise within the same server reset. Maybe some sort of script to prevent exploits that also messes with this specific situation even though its not an exploit? :P
"NWNScript is what happens when you ask Satan to turn C into a scripting language." - DM Doom
Valefort
Retired Admin

Unread post by Valefort »

There's a new roll each time your appraise changes, but it's still your appraise vs merchant appraise so the prices should definitely go down and not up. I never touched at that mechanic but I doubt it was tinkered with much, if at all.
Mealir Ostirel - Incorrigible swashbuckler
Darker_Thought

I will do another test with 10 test trials. If i get a raised price on all 10 then something might be off :) Ill bet back on it.

Return to “Solved Problems”