Druid/Thaum + Contingent Summon

Any Issues or Bugs Should Be Posted in Their Respective Categories

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, Associate Dev, DM

Theodore01
Recognized Donor

Druid/Thaum + Contingent Summon

Unread post by Theodore01 »

Build is a druid/thaumaturge 4 with lv8 spells.

Contingent Summoning always summons a Phantom Wolf regardless of which summon spell is memorized. As I only have summon monster VIII spells memorized.

From my own testing - now with Thaum5 and level9 spells - I always get the Phantom Bear (without having that spell memorized again).

Please can that be fixed, so it will recognize the memorized summon spell? (No problem if it takes the first one - if one has more than one memorized.)

Also now with Planar Cohort (Thaum5) - the Phantom Wolf/Bear is now permanent (it seems) - definitely longer than double 1round/level ???

Is that considered a feature/bug for the classes that lack a Planar Calling or Binding spell?
If it's a feature - Will it make any other summon monster X spell also permanent?

Would have assumed Planar Cohort would do nothing for a class without planar calling or binding spells. :?
Rhifox
Custom Content

Re: Druid/Thaum + Contingent Summon

Unread post by Rhifox »

Planar Cohort does apply to Phantom Wolf/Bear, yes. That's a feature.

As for why it's always summoning a PW regardless of which summon spell is memorized, not sure.
Tarina — Witch, Apothecary, Dealer in Spirits and Black Magic
Theodore01
Recognized Donor

Rhifox wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:40 am Planar Cohort does apply to Phantom Wolf/Bear, yes. That's a feature.
Is it possible to add an elemental cohort (spell) also, which would fit RP wise together with Druids Epic Elemental Shape?
(As Wolf/Bear fits nicely with Legendary Animal Shape.)
Theodore01
Recognized Donor

bump
- would be nice if anyone is in the mood to fix these issues. :pray: