Spell / Scroll / Feat Bugs

Any Issues or Bugs Should Be Posted in Their Respective Categories

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Re: Spell / Scroll / Feat Bugs, Splitted

Unread post by EasternCheesE »

Just a small announcement. I have split this thread archiving older issues.
I will work on this one to separate issues to other threads then either checking if they are fixed and closing them, marking them for fix and so on.
I'm aware i made a stupid mistake in thread name and i have already asked our forum wizards to fix it and make it back sticky.
OMEGA

Re: Spell / Scroll / Feat Bugs

Unread post by OMEGA »

Rhifox wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:51 am
OMEGA wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:48 pm Crusader level up for Weapon of Choice does not give Dwarven Waraxe option for Dwarf Crusader, while wikipage states it should be available. Probably that Crusader do not recognize the Dwarven Martial weapon Feat for Waraxe only and is looking for Exotic Proficiency.

Crusader weapon option window also list two Greataxes but one must be Battleaxe as stated on Wikipage.

Image Image
This will be fixed in the next update.
Great fixed!

Johannes Evermore the Golden, Knight
Khelboros Kingswarden the Crusader
OMEGA

Unread post by OMEGA »

Now something else!

Dwarf head appearance. When holding weapon, any weapon, eyes go wide like bug:

Top pic no weapon and bottom pic with weapon. I also do this dwarf naked for test. It is weapon in hand always. Will this effect spot skill points? :D

OMEGA

Unread post by OMEGA »

Calling on eye Doctor!!!
OMEGA wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:43 pm Now something else!

Dwarf head appearance. When holding weapon, any weapon, eyes go wide like bug:

Top pic no weapon and bottom pic with weapon. I also do this dwarf naked for test. It is weapon in hand always. Will this effect spot skill points? :D

EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Posted it for Media team attention, sorry for the delay :)
Theodore01
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Theodore01 »

Balagarn's Iron Horn knocks down Thief Acrobats with Kip Up (Knockdown immunity). :(
Wiki states "Immunity to Knockdown and its effects renders the target immune to this spell."
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Thanks for reporting, will take it to Dev team for investigation.
abousalif

Unread post by abousalif »

Scribe scroll paladin spell, :

when you scribe righteous Glory as a scroll, it creates an unusable scroll even though it cost you the fee.

Righteous fury works fine.

here are screenshots of the scroll creation with the unusable scrolls

Blake Highotwer
darwin.evenwood

Unread post by darwin.evenwood »

I had an issue with the invisibility spell. Both from potion and casted by a sorcerer.
In both cases whenever i took an action that broke invisibility the visual effect remain, the body is transparent until the the duration expires. On the sorcerer is even in the active spell list.
This isn't a mechanical problem: the mobs attack the characters, they can enter cities and speak to merchant. Anyway it's quite weird to speak or fight with a transparent body. And the first times it was quite confusing even for fighting and casting.
Well, if it's only me that is having this problem let me know how to fix it :)
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

darwin.evenwood wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:52 pm I had an issue with the invisibility spell. Both from potion and casted by a sorcerer.
In both cases whenever i took an action that broke invisibility the visual effect remain, the body is transparent until the the duration expires. On the sorcerer is even in the active spell list.
This isn't a mechanical problem: the mobs attack the characters, they can enter cities and speak to merchant. Anyway it's quite weird to speak or fight with a transparent body. And the first times it was quite confusing even for fighting and casting.
Nah, that's how it works, even for Walk unseen etc. Transparency VFX remain together with "invisible" in your active spells even when your real invisibility is already off. Not sure if this is a bug or not, i myself usually considered it as minor flaw which i never bothered to report :)
DaloLorn
Lead Programmer

Unread post by DaloLorn »

EasternCheesE wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:15 am
darwin.evenwood wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:52 pm I had an issue with the invisibility spell. Both from potion and casted by a sorcerer.
Nah, that's how it works, even for Walk unseen etc. Transparency VFX remain together with "invisible" in your active spells even when your real invisibility is already off. Not sure if this is a bug or not, i myself usually considered it as minor flaw which i never bothered to report :)
I would call it a bug, because it defeats the purpose of the VFX. You don't know when you've become visible and need to refresh the spell.
European player, UTC+1 (+2 during DST). Fixer of random bits. Active in Discord.
Active characters:
  • Zeila Linepret
  • Aela Lathyaan
  • Ilhara Evrine
  • Linathyl Selmiyeritar
  • Aeryn Faer
  • Virin Swifteye
  • Gurzhuk
darwin.evenwood

Unread post by darwin.evenwood »

Wow I never noticed it before. I restarted playing just some days ago and I didn’t remember the spell working like this, so I thought it was split related or something.
Well anyway it would be useful if fixed because it’s a very common spell even at low levels and for new players.
gotesu
Recognized Donor

Unread post by gotesu »

For some reason almost every time a try to shift shape after casting shapechange with my mage I return to the original form immediately.

any idea whats causing it?
DiceyCZ
Quality Control

Unread post by DiceyCZ »

gotesu wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:25 am For some reason almost every time a try to shift shape after casting shapechange with my mage I return to the original form immediately.

any idea whats causing it?
Hi, so far it was found that this might be caused by some problems with CL and how they are calculated, the team is looking into some possible solution. Just to get some more intel to see if this is really the case, do you happen to use for example consumables before using Change Shape feat? Can you describe step by step where you are and what your character is doing leading up to this behavior?
Niyressa Dawncrow (bio) - Head Magus, Bladestone Foundation
"Magic is Chaos, Art, and Science. It is a curse, a blessing, and progress. It all depends on who uses magic, how they use it, and to what purpose. And magic is everywhere. All around us.” - Yennefer
gotesu
Recognized Donor

Unread post by gotesu »

I did some play around with it, vast majority of the cases the shape shifting didn't work (got back to the original form immediately), sometimes if I used a consumable before (like a healing potion/kit) it worked. If concerning CL the character I was using had practiced spellcaster to cover for a 3 non-cl giving class + 2 CL from archmage. Most of the tries were just mid-fighting before casting offensive spells. It happened in the Durlag challenges rooms.

Return to “Bug Reports and Mechanical Issues”