'Status' spell has no notable effects

Any Issues or Bugs Should Be Posted in Their Respective Categories

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Kitunenotsume

'Status' spell has no notable effects

Unread post by Kitunenotsume »

I was trying to explore with the use of Status, which claims to report any changes in the target's HP and debilitating effects. Ingame description only claims HP changes are reported (but would still be quite useful for knowing if an off-map ally needs help).

We noticed it wasn't working when my friend was in combat and I received no reports.
We then tried to join party, and in the same zone attacked each other once. Dispute both dealing damage, there was no update to the combat log or any report that the Status spell was functional.

I am uncertain if it is broken, or simply not implemented, or intended purely as an RP-spell supported by DMs.
I play a baker. Sometimes she provides counseling or treatment.
Ask about our Breadflower daily special to save five coppers off a purchase of five pastries.
She seems unusually interested in cursed items.
She has also been seeking a variety of gems and stones.
Kitunenotsume

Re: 'Status' spell has no notable effects

Unread post by Kitunenotsume »

Bumping. Status still appears to have no effect (though it is listed as a Dismissible ward when cast on self)

Based on the text of the spell, the expected report would be a combat-log yellow-text, containing the damage or healing suffered over the last round, and the target's resulting heath category (Healthy, Injured, Bleeding Out, Dying, etc). Knowing additional negative status-effects suffered (like paralysis, disease, cursed, poisoned, etc) would be nice, but might be a bit bloaty.
A once-per-round report should reduce complexity and report-spam for a bunch of damage at once (like from IGMS or a TWFer), and may permit code re-use from the Reflect Pain line of spells that makes a similar calculation.
I play a baker. Sometimes she provides counseling or treatment.
Ask about our Breadflower daily special to save five coppers off a purchase of five pastries.
She seems unusually interested in cursed items.
She has also been seeking a variety of gems and stones.

Return to “Bug Reports and Mechanical Issues”