Your packhorse died

Any Issues or Bugs Should Be Posted in Their Respective Categories

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

LintNZ

Your packhorse died

Unread post by LintNZ »

I was happily trotting along through Thundar's Ride on my way to get beat up by some trolls after visiting the waterfall cave, and out of nowhere I get a red combat log saying *******Your packhorse died*******!!!
I ran back to BG to check the stables and sure enough, I no longer have a horse! WHAT THE FREAK HAPPENED?? Where was my horse?? Why wasn't it in the stable where I left it, and most importantly by far, what about all my epic gear that was in my saddlebag?!?! Poor Guppy (the horse) never hurt anyone!

Image might not have worked, so here's the link: https://imgur.com/a/Q0F3TS2

(Wow my signature is out of date...)
Sparrow - Elf Archer bad at sitting still, good at finding trouble
Quartz - Genasi melee DPS. Pinocchio complex
Rocky - Halfling monk with a mouth as fast as her hands
LintNZ

Re: Your packhorse died

Unread post by LintNZ »

Ok, it's not as bad as I feared, I just had to buy another horse and pay another $1000 for the stablemaster to "collect the old saddle bags"
So I'm still down $6000 and one sentimental horse named Guppy...
I would definitely settle for a necromancer to provide me with a skeletal Guppy replacement!
Sparrow - Elf Archer bad at sitting still, good at finding trouble
Quartz - Genasi melee DPS. Pinocchio complex
Rocky - Halfling monk with a mouth as fast as her hands
Louvaine

Unread post by Louvaine »

You might get more stable and safer storage via NPCs. There are quite a few spread around, and one has even been added to Nexus.
Church of Hoar
Morgan Monroe
Blackhorizon
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Blackhorizon »

If your pony or horse is outside, even if tied down, it will follow you when you cross over to the other server. If it was tied down then it should be tied down close to the transition but it is a sitting duck there. If you do not need your packpony/horse then it is best to stable it. That means speaking to the animal and taking the reins then talking to the stable master and choosing to stable the pony/horse.

This way it is “stored in the stable” and won’t follow you around. You can pull out the pony/horse from the stablemaster again later. If you have the animal out, like you experienced, then you risk it getting killed - depending on where you go.

Also, on some occasions the animal might have “vanished aka gotten lost”. I’ve had that happen a few times. Then the stablemaster should have an option of finding your lost pony/horse.

Also note that the packanimal has different inventory on different server.
Fierlith Silverglade | Light of Sehanine Moonbow
Tara Leafheart | Hayley Aers

~~UTC+2 (+3 DST)~~

Return to “Bug Reports and Mechanical Issues”