UI Issue

Any Issues or Bugs Should Be Posted in Their Respective Categories

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

NCrawler
Recognized Donor

UI Issue

Unread post by NCrawler »

I tried to use the 'DM Requests' button but it would not submit. Here is my issue:

Have an ongoing issue with both my characters. The topmost toolbar disappeared a couple weeks ago and I have tried everything I can, including suggestions by Rhifox and others to try and fix the issue. The last thing tried was replacing the scry tool in my inventory but that did not work either. I can no longer get to the languages or the flavor text section, the Henchmen toolbar will not come up, I no longer get the message of how long the server has been up when first logging in and the small icon bottom left corner which shows the sun/moon and time in game is gone as well. I created a new character and the menus/toolbar are there so this is obviously an issue with the two characters that I use. I am requesting a 100% RCR for both my characters to fix this issue.

Edit: Oh yeah, I noticed last night that the rename tool in my inventory does not work either.
Taran Seven - Divine Champion of Garagos
Lauren Seven - Swordmaiden looking for a new home (guild)
CarlPoppa

Re: UI Issue

Unread post by CarlPoppa »

I'm having this issue too. My topbar menu has disappeared, I can't rename items, and I don't know if it's related, but my henchman menu has also disappeared. I've tried relogging, changing server, rebooting, and waiting for a reset.

DM Ink has however just reset my widget thingies, so maybe it works after the next reset. I just wanted it to be known that it's happening to others as well.
Admiral Captain Mathilde Wintertal Thigh Highs, Run a Rig merchant! Bringer of Fire, Bane of Hair, Summoner of Bones, Table Dancer of the Broken Goblet!
Maealyn Cloudcreek, Priest of the Hearthkeeper
Emma, Monk
Karen Smith, Techsmith of Gond
Endelyon

Unread post by Endelyon »

To be frank, we have no idea why this has happened. I've grabbed a copy of your bic files to try to research what went wrong, however I can't promise that research will be fast or bear any fruit.

So the DMs have agreed that you guys can get 100% RCR tokens as a fix, assuming the widget reset didn't work. :)

Please contact a DM to ask for assistance with this when you can find one in-game.
CarlPoppa

Endelyon wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:01 am To be frank, we have no idea why this has happened. I've grabbed a copy of your bic files to try to research what went wrong, however I can't promise that research will be fast or bear any fruit.

So the DMs have agreed that you guys can get 100% RCR tokens as a fix, assuming the widget reset didn't work. :)

Please contact a DM to ask for assistance with this when you can find one in-game.
I just checked now, no change. :(
Admiral Captain Mathilde Wintertal Thigh Highs, Run a Rig merchant! Bringer of Fire, Bane of Hair, Summoner of Bones, Table Dancer of the Broken Goblet!
Emma, Monk
Blackhorizon
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Blackhorizon »

I do not have this issue but what I’ve gathered from the discussion in Discord it seems to pinpoint to the DMFI tool.

Taran mentioned that one of his chars (Lauren) had all the 3 tools removed by DM (scry, dmfi and pvp rules). Out of these only the scry tool returned after reset. That leaves the pvp rules and dmfi unaccounted for, even though the script should have brought them back.

Not sure if this is of any more help and maybe that has already been checked. Has something been changed recently around that area?
Fierlith Silverglade | Light of Sehanine Moonbow
Tara Leafheart | Hayley Aers

~~UTC+2 (+3 DST)~~
CarlPoppa

Blackhorizon wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:06 am I do not have this issue but what I’ve gathered from the discussion in Discord it seems to pinpoint to the DMFI tool.

Taran mentioned that one of his chars (Lauren) had all the 3 tools removed by DM (scry, dmfi and pvp rules). Out of these only the scry tool returned after reset. That leaves the pvp rules and dmfi unaccounted for, even though the script should have brought them back.

Not sure if this is of any more help and maybe that has already been checked. Has something been changed recently around that area?
I can confirm! I only got the (Widget)Player Status/Locator on reset.
Emma, Monk
CarlPoppa

2 things to add:

I don't know if it's related, but I don't have a rest timer anymore, I can rest whenever.

Whenever I change server or login, all my spells are used.
Emma, Monk
NCrawler
Recognized Donor

Endelyon wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:01 am To be frank, we have no idea why this has happened. I've grabbed a copy of your bic files to try to research what went wrong, however I can't promise that research will be fast or bear any fruit.

Thank you
Ghost
Global Admin

Unread post by Ghost »

Just to confirm that if you have this issue with the widget not returning, you can ask a DM ingame to get a 100% RCR. We expect you to RCR into the exact same character and build, mind. This is just to fix the broken character.
NCrawler
Recognized Donor

DM Ghost wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:47 pm Just to confirm that if you have this issue with the widget not returning, you can ask a DM ingame to get a 100% RCR. We expect you to RCR into the exact same character and build, mind. This is just to fix the broken character.
Just an update on what we found tonight when I RCR'd Taran. I had to RCR under a different name and then have the DM fix the name when I logged in. First time I tried with my real name none of the tools loaded into the character inventory.
NCrawler
Recognized Donor

Ok, this is ridiculous. I RCR last night as just "Taran". DM fixes my name in Nexus and I complete the RCR. I play for about an hour with no issues, everything working great. When I log in this morning, it's back to being broken.

Maybe I need to get Laurens' RCR done to see if it is something related to these specific characters as the new character I created to test worked fine even after a reset.

Edit: Don't know if it will help, but this is the output from the client extension:
Hidden: show
Log set to "c:\program files (x86)\gog galaxy\games\nwn2 complete\nwn2reportlog.log".

Client Extension version 1.0.0.32 - built Feb 13 2020 18:06:35
Copyright (C) 2008-2020 Skywing.
This release is paired with game build 1765.
Initializing in client extension mode...
Modules present: [standalone] [dm assistant] [dm scry]

Cleaning up defunct resource manager instance 'NWN2CliExt_17060'...
Failed to set DPI awareness.
DPI awareness: PROCESS_DPI_PER_MONITOR_AWARE; DPI X = 96, DPI Y = 96
UIWindowBase: TextInputWindow: DPI change (96:96)
UIWindowBase: TextInputWindow: DPI change (96:96)
Use /showui to show closed windows (TextInputWindow).
UIWindowBase: PlayerListWindow: DPI change (96:96)
UIWindowBase: PlayerListWindow: DPI change (96:96)
UIWindowBase: MapWindow: DPI change (96:96)
UIWindowBase: MapWindow: DPI change (96:96)
Use /showui to show closed windows (MapWindow).
UIWindowBase: AreaChooserWindow: DPI change (96:96)
UIWindowBase: AreaChooserWindow: DPI change (96:96)
Using community name: NCrawler165
There are 95 user(s) online playing Neverwinter Nights 2.
Connecting to startup server game.bgtscc.net...
Attempting to negotiate TLS with server.
Server connection negotiated TLS support.
OnRecvMsgServerStatus_StatusReady: Received server status information (1).
Server administrative email contact: <[email protected]>
OnSendMsgLogin_GetModuleInfo: Resetting state for new module login.
OnRecvMsgModule_Info: Module Baldur's Gate: The Sword Coast Chronicles (233 areas) - there are 15 real minutes per game hour.
Affinity fix: Main thread affinity changed to 0000FFFF (was: 00000001)
The server connection is secured using Tls12 (encrypted with Aes256, hashed with Sha384, key exchange with CALG_ECDH_EPHEM (384 bits)).
Server host key thumbprint: 0A:FD:E2:E4:A8:0F:A3:A2:B7:0C:4E:EF:17:08:4E:C4:95:99:E6:71:87:59:BB:70:5C:47:CD:39:E6:5C:88:D5:57:39:11:FC:13:3B:4B:34:7A:F9:18:B5:5D:C1:2E:A2:DE:B0:2E:C5:61:86:98:F3:E7:DE:79:B0:63:CC:7B:90 (bgserver1)
Player joins: Whistler
Received character list of 2 characters:
- Lauren Seven (RESREF laurenseven) - level 30
- Taran Seven (RESREF taran) - level 30
Character selection confirmed.
Entering world.
Crash dumps will be written to C:\Users\Jon\AppData\Local\Temp\\NWN2\\Dumps\memory.dmp
[Notice] SR applied = 32
[Notice] You are proficient with all your gear.
In this place, it is year 1351, month 6, day 1. The hour is 17.
Dawn begins at hour 6 and dusk sets in at hour 18.
Player joins: NCrawler165
Player joins: Grosscouillles
Player joins: Volander
Player joins: Izsu
Player joins: navvator
Player joins: Campeao Cearence
Player joins: WobbleTop
Player joins: Snarfy72
Player joins: Zandin851
Player joins: SirLonewulf
Player joins: Blackhorizon
Player joins: seldarkmore
Player joins: Forlorn Passanger
Player joins: DaloLorn
Player joins: Ab9912
Player joins: BugBear
Player joins: Hexbound
Player joins: InGame
Player joins: Pyro Valgrave
[Server]: You are now in a No PVP area.
[Notice] Expose weakness deactivated.
Taran Seven is already in the party.
To re-open closed Client Extension windows (map window, send message), type /showui
Client Extension: The connection to the server (bgserver1) is secured with TLS. Type /tlsinfo for more information.
NVIDIA minimap display workaround: Re-rendering minimap.
NCrawler
Recognized Donor

Update: Still waiting to see a DM online so I can get Lauren RCR'd and see if it's related to Taran losing the dmfi stuff again after his RCR.

Return to “Bug Reports and Mechanical Issues”