Windows update bug?

It Does What It Says on the Tin: Resolved Issues

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Cobral30

Windows update bug?

Unread post by Cobral30 »

Good afternoon. I just ran the latest Windows Updates on 8/16-17 and now the game won't load. I go right into the NWN2 files and click on the game launcher, which brings up the first menu in the small window, I then click "Play," it goes to fullscreen and begins to load, then the game cursor comes up, and a few seconds later the program crashes before the next menu loads. Anyone else having this issue and or know of a fix? Thanks.
Theodore01
Recognized Donor

Re: Windows update bug?

Unread post by Theodore01 »

check if the updates are correctly installed - REBOOt. If nothing works, try to uninstall the update.
yyj

Unread post by yyj »

Try using the CE launcher instead.
Cobral30

Unread post by Cobral30 »

Looks like the issue was the update did something to the NVIDIA and I needed to update the driver for it. Seems to be working fine now. Thanks all!
Audra Willis

Unread post by Audra Willis »

Hi there! I can relate to the frustration of encountering a bug after a Windows update. I've faced a similar issue myself in the past. In my case, I ended up resolving the issue by reinstalling my Windows. Of course, this may not be the solution for everyone, but it worked for me. If you're still looking for a fix, you can check out the windows 10 Reddit key for some helpful tips and tricks on resolving Windows update bugs. The community there is often a great resource for solving technical problems, and you might find the solution to your problem there. Good luck!

Return to “Solved Problems”