Login saved location "north server"

Advice or Questions on Resolving Issues with Logging, Updating, or File Use

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Styrbjorn
Recognized Donor

Login saved location "north server"

Unread post by Styrbjorn »

Hi,
When saving my location on the "north server" (NS), as now I saved my location in Krak Helzak, when I log out and login again: my location is set to the south server (SS) at the point where I last left the SS to go to the NS.

Example: I took the Rocky Creek caravan from BG Outer City to Krak Helzak. I explored a bit. Saved my location to the Upper dark something. Logged out. Then after one hour I log in again and I am at the SS Rocky Creek caravan in the Outer City. I am 99% sure I didn't lose anything, so the character is from the last save, but the saved location is not.

For the record, I have some problems will connecting to the "north server" (NS) now and then. Sometimes it works and sometimes the server stops responding. I restart NWN2 and try again, and after a few tries, I always manage to login.

So the above problem might be related to me only.
Game user name: Tursas.
Styrbjorn
Recognized Donor

Re: Login saved location "north server"

Ah, yes. I forgot. Quite often when the server disconnects me within one minute appr. after logging on (SS), and when I try to login again, I can't. For 1-2 minutes and I get the Connection error: Your player name is already in use.

Now and then when relogging after server disconnection, when opening the Select character, the character list is empty.

Just for your information.
Rhifox
Retired Admin (Acting Assistant Admin)

Unread post by Rhifox »

This generally happens if you're trying to log in to the opposite server. Always log in to the server you disconnected from. Both servers show up separately on the server browser and can be favorited independently, or you can change the port when doing direct connect (:5121 for s1, :5122 for s2).
Tarina — Witch, Apothecary, Dealer in Spirits and Black Magic
Styrbjorn
Recognized Donor

I have totally missed the: 5121/:5122 server thing. Thank you!

Return to “Logging In”