Exception to ruling - Disguise

For Guidance, Questions, or Concerns Relating to Server Rules and Forum Rules

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Wolfrayne
Recognized Donor

Exception to ruling - Disguise

Unread post by Wolfrayne »

Hey all,

Just putting it forward to have an exception added to the ruling here. It Was brought to my attention that you are not allowed to name yourself as a description by DM Ghost (thanks by the way i didn't even see this until you mentioned it! :D )

With the addition of RP wildshapes i would like to respectfully request that while in the shape of an animal (for example i was a dog named... dog) It is acceptable to use a description as a disguise. I feel that we already get Meta gamed pretty hard as it is and if i am in the shape of an animal hiding in plain sight regardless of who is around people will tend to change their RP if there was a dog named "wolfrayne" around rather than just "oh look a dog"
The Disguise System - Temporary Ruling
The disguise system currently in game is not enforceable between players while it undergoes fine tuning. Please continue to RP disguises sensibly and fairly.

We would expect players to play whats on their sheet as always, and now there is a disguise skill in game we would expect players to roleplay that skill, or lack of it, honourably.

On the use of the renaming function, this is permitted, but names must comply with the existing server naming rules. We also ask a degree of sensible restraint. For the avoidance of doubt:

- Do not impersonate known figures, whether NPC or player.
- Do not use descriptions as names.
- Do not change the colour or font of name text.
- Impersonating server staff will be a disciplinary offence.
Reiker Vexx - "Fortune favors the bold"
Cyrus Raviin - "Veritas Credo Oculos"
YourMoveHolyMan
Recognized Donor

Re: Exception to ruling - Disguise

Unread post by YourMoveHolyMan »

Goes both ways, if you're in a civilized area as 'a wolf' 1) expect npc guards to take effect, 2) if Pc's react negatively be prepared.
Michael Dunn

“There is more than one sort of prison, Captain," Chirrut said. "I sense that you carry yours wherever you go.”
LISA100595
Retired Staff

Unread post by LISA100595 »

I don't have a problem with this, however, they should be subject to KOS without an RP out.
Lady Elvina Aira-S'efarro - The Order of the Silver Rose
Salaria - Bounty Hunter half-sister of Darius Brothers
Angelina Northstar - Holy Warrior of Tyr / Knight of the Silver Rose
Matilda Stonehold - Honorable Sheild Dwarf
Loriah Swift - Morninglord of Lathander
Hawke

Unread post by Hawke »

LISA100595 wrote:I don't have a problem with this, however, they should be subject to KOS without an RP out.
I believe the PvP rules do state that if you are in a "monster" form players do not have to give a RP out, unless the "monster" makes an effort to communicate or something like that.

Dogs are not KOS, and can even go into the city (but don't kill or harm a cat!!!)

This is what was told me in the past... I have no idea if it is still legit about the dogs.
Glowfire

Unread post by Glowfire »

- Do not use descriptions as names.
I think this should be done away with completely. Many who use disguises use descriptions as it suits better than to come up with an imaginary irrelevant name.
Power is the most persuasive rhetoric.
Friedrich von Schiller
Jepop

Unread post by Jepop »

Try rat form + reduce animal. So tiny.
Lerbo Nuggetneck- Svirfneblin Miner and Fisherman
Rikki Richfoot- Hin Locksmith and Appraiser
Harjo Crimsonhart- Dead?
Ariexedes

Unread post by Ariexedes »

I can kinda agree with this, though not sure why would someone would want to kos-rp a horse/cat/dog that's just standing there per say unless they are like super anti any animal just happens to be near by or walks by. People have habit of changing rp actions/saying when they see a player name near by and switch to whispering when a cat is grooming it's self near by called billy bob.
Alyvire
Aramoria Wysalrth Retired
Makenzie Chersk
Marmiea Retired
Valkira Vexx Church of Shar '17 -
Hawke

Unread post by Hawke »

Ariexedes wrote:I can kinda agree with this, though not sure why would someone would want to kos-rp a horse/cat/dog that's just standing there per say unless they are like super anti any animal just happens to be near by or walks by. People have habit of changing rp actions/saying when they see a player name near by and switch to whispering when a cat is grooming it's self near by called billy bob.

Can't kill a cat in Baldur's Gate.

But there is nothing from someone killing animals.... other than animal lovers. Maybe the Fist if they think that horse belongs to someone.
flipside43

Unread post by flipside43 »

If truesight saw through wildshape and polymorph automatically I might agree. As it stands though, not sure I do. At least with a different name it gives people the chance to RP it instead of never getting the chance if the player doesn't give it.
Luke Darius - Clansman of House Darius, Noble of Baldur's Gate
LISA100595
Retired Staff

Unread post by LISA100595 »

flipside43 wrote:If truesight saw through wildshape and polymorph automatically I might agree. As it stands though, not sure I do. At least with a different name it gives people the chance to RP it instead of never getting the chance if the player doesn't give it.
Trueseeing Does see through wildshape and polymorph but the players that are wildshaped or all shrouded by spells have to or should play along with that.
Lady Elvina Aira-S'efarro - The Order of the Silver Rose
Salaria - Bounty Hunter half-sister of Darius Brothers
Angelina Northstar - Holy Warrior of Tyr / Knight of the Silver Rose
Matilda Stonehold - Honorable Sheild Dwarf
Loriah Swift - Morninglord of Lathander
Valefort
Retired Admin

Unread post by Valefort »

Next update True seeing will see through Wildshape/Polymorph, though of course the information will be text-based. All that you'll know will be the original race and gender of the polymorphed creature.

As for how to use it, just select the creature you want to check and wait one round, when you have true seeing on.
Mealir Ostirel - Incorrigible swashbuckler
Ariexedes

Unread post by Ariexedes »

Hawke wrote:

Can't kill a cat in Baldur's Gate.

But there is nothing from someone killing animals.... other than animal lovers. Maybe the Fist if they think that horse belongs to someone.
if it's within that character to go around killing animals with in their reason then by all means, if that animal happens to be a druid, then am sure the druid will reveal it's self and probably defend it's self, if it happens to be just a horse am sure he/she will need to explain to on lookers why he just killed a hose :roll:
Alyvire
Aramoria Wysalrth Retired
Makenzie Chersk
Marmiea Retired
Valkira Vexx Church of Shar '17 -
chad878262
QC Coordinator

Unread post by chad878262 »

Valefort wrote:Next update True seeing will see through Wildshape/Polymorph, though of course the information will be text-based. All that you'll know will be the original race and gender of the polymorphed creature.

As for how to use it, just select the creature you want to check and wait one round, when you have true seeing on.
Valefort....The Rock Star of RPG Nerds! So should have got your autograph bruh! :P

Kidding aside, this is pretty friggin' huge. Great fix, can't wait to see it!
Chord Silverstrings - Bard and OSR Squire / Tarent Nefzen - Arcane Wand Merchant and Master Alchemist / Irrace Arkentlar - Drow Adventurer / Finneaus Du'Veil - Gem Merchant and Executive Officer of SCCE

Tarent's Wands and Elixirs

A Wand Crafter's guide to using wands

Return to “Rules”