Suggestion: Rest cooldown time

For Guidance, Questions, or Concerns Relating to Server Rules and Forum Rules

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

spyvsspy

Suggestion: Rest cooldown time

Unread post by spyvsspy »

Many factor may cause player cancel rest. Mainly because of lag. Enemy approaching and misoperating can also cause rest canceled. When this happen, higher level player will have to wait another 5-10mins till he can rest again. It's really a depressing thing. I suggest the rest cooldown counting start AFTER player done rest so players can correct the issue if they moved while resting
mrm3ntalist
Retired Staff

Re: Suggestion: Rest cooldown time

Unread post by mrm3ntalist »

Good suggestion. I will post this to the QC forums to see whether it can be implemented.
IS EMOTIONAL KEKW - GIT GUD

Mendel - Villi of En Dharasha Everae | Nikos Berenicus - Initiate of the Mirari | Efialtes Rodius - Blood Magus | Olaf Garaeif - Dwarven Slayer

Spelling mistakes are purposely entered for your entertainment!
Tsidkenu

Unread post by Tsidkenu »

The major issue I perceive with this request, as good as it is, is that spell recovery occurs progressively through the 5 sec rest period. Players will quickly learn to disturb their own rest before it completes for 'unlimited' spells unless the progressive spell recovery can be altered to a once-off instance at the very end of the rest.
Aspect of Sorrow

Unread post by Aspect of Sorrow »

Tsidkenu wrote:The major issue I perceive with this request, as good as it is, is that spell recovery occurs progressively through the 5 sec rest period. Players will quickly learn to disturb their own rest before it completes for 'unlimited' spells unless the progressive spell recovery can be altered to a once-off instance at the very end of the rest.
This is the prime abuse vector as to why the timer should not change.
mrm3ntalist
Retired Staff

Unread post by mrm3ntalist »

Aspect of Sorrow wrote:
Tsidkenu wrote:The major issue I perceive with this request, as good as it is, is that spell recovery occurs progressively through the 5 sec rest period. Players will quickly learn to disturb their own rest before it completes for 'unlimited' spells unless the progressive spell recovery can be altered to a once-off instance at the very end of the rest.
Cant the rest spell recovery happen instantly? It already happens with the QC rest widget.
IS EMOTIONAL KEKW - GIT GUD

Mendel - Villi of En Dharasha Everae | Nikos Berenicus - Initiate of the Mirari | Efialtes Rodius - Blood Magus | Olaf Garaeif - Dwarven Slayer

Spelling mistakes are purposely entered for your entertainment!
Sun Wukong

Unread post by Sun Wukong »

Just have the spell reset within the first second of resting. This alone should negate most issues with interrupted rest.
" I am no longer here, the elves of the Sword Coast are just far too horrible... "
- Elminster, probably.
Blackman D
Retired Staff

Unread post by Blackman D »

mrm3ntalist wrote:
Aspect of Sorrow wrote:
Cant the rest spell recovery happen instantly? It already happens with the QC rest widget.
forced rest is different tho, its not simulating would should be an 8 hour rest

what should be done is extend the resting period based on level like nwn1 did

1-10 can keep the 6 sec timer, 11-20 goes up to 30 secs and 21+ 300 60 secs :pray:
everyone is evil till proven otherwise
Valefort
Retired Admin

Unread post by Valefort »

There are numerous events that interrupt rests though, I don't think making the rest last longer is a good thing. I'll see if the interruption time of the rest can be known, if so it'll be possible to reduce the rest timer proportionally to what was already "rested".
Mealir Ostirel - Incorrigible swashbuckler
Blackman D
Retired Staff

Unread post by Blackman D »

all irrelevant :hand: (aside from a server crash) if you actually rest in a safe area
everyone is evil till proven otherwise

Return to “Rules”